Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Servents of The Grey Lady

Started by Smaugthesilver, March 08, 2016, 01:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi observed the thirteen pale, scaleless figures. From behind the thick foliage and branches, it seemed like five of them were asleep.

Of course, there was still seven to deal with. The job description had been to ambush three or four untrained mercs. Not thirteen cultists, or whatever they were.

It was always the first few seconds of observation that counted. In five seconds flat Mycasi had formed an opinion of the humanoids. And it was not good.

Mycasi narrowed her eyes at the guards. Something about them made her feel uncomfortable. The seven flat-faced, armoured warroirs stood in wary stances, eyes constantly flitting from tree to tree, rock to rock, ready for anything.

No, Mycasi did not like it one bit.

Finding work was difficult, though, and although Mycasi wouldn't have any trouble fending for herself, Mycasi was a Wyvern.

And Wyverns need gold.

One breath of darkfire would sort out the campfire and the lanterns- as long as they weren't enchanted. Then the rest would be sitting ducks, easy prey for her talons and dragonflame.

Her decision made, Mycasi crouched low against the branch, her muscles tense, her breathing steady.

A second later, darkness gushed forth from her mouth, encompassing the entire camp. Cries of alarm sprang out, destroying the beautiful silence of the night.

In a bound, Mycasi was among them. The first guard fell before he could even register what was happening: another one dropped to the ground, shredded by her claws. All was going well.

A spurt of white-hot fire erupted from Mycasi's mouth.

But, instead of crumpling to the ground, as they should have, the two guards stood their ground. It was impossible! How could they resist her flame?

Then their tunics began glowing, and Mycasi stumbled back, her mind reeling. They had flame-proof armour! It was a trap! A trap!

Suddenly more soliders burst through the wall of trees. The 'sleeping' soliders leapt to their feet.

But Mycasi was no coward. If this was a trap, the perpetrators would pay! Her roar shook the earth. In a bound she was upon an unfortunate soilder, snapping his backbone in an instant. But before she could take off, Mycasi was propelled back forcfully with swords and lances. Again and again she charged, never quite able to clear enough room to fly. With her fire useless and all the soilders well equipped, she was wearing down fast.

As the gashes and cuts began to cover Mycasi's scales, her energy faded. She was a fighter. A warrior, single-handedly fending off the constant attack.

The soilders charged all at once. A gash above Mycasi's eye made it impossible to see properly, and worn down, almost devoid of energy, Mycasi gave a last-stand charge.

At least, thought Mycasi as she hit the ground and remembered no more, I went down fighting.

Medievarad

Chained and thoroughly restrained. That is how she'd wake up. Eye in eye with Limadan sitting infront of her. Gazing.into her eyes. A heavy silence in the desolate and ruined building they were in. His eyes slowly radiated and pulsed with the dark green corruption.

Smaugthesilver

Waking up trussed up like a turkey ready for roasting, Mycasi raises her eyes and meets the eyes of the human. Uttering a gurtal growl of anger and hatred, she snaps forward in a vain attempt to decapitate him.

Realising it is no good, she falls back on her haunches.
"Who are you?"

Medievarad

"I'm the demon that will torture you, skin you and then kill you," he snarled. Obviously, he wasn't happy. A thick aura of dread emanated from him. "Why did you think attacking my elite was smart?"

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi's frill puffs out and she bares her teeth in distate.
"I have to work. And, as for skinning me, you'd be surprised how hard it can be."

Medievarad

Limadan tilted his head, letting out a menacing chuckle from behind the mask, before he slowly stood up. "I think you fail to see your position here," he murmured as slow antagonised screams resounded, green, spectral bodies clawing themselves from the floor, their hands touching the wyvern and using her as a leverage to pull themselves up.

"And I think you fail to see my power."

Smaugthesilver

Mycasi shivers silently and resists the urge to scratch her scales. Silence falls over her like a blanket and, in a bout of vulnerability, she curls in a ball.

Medievarad

"Good." Limadan answered with a slow grunt, the corrupted soldiers of his spectral army still whaling as they softly plucked against her scales. "I'll ask again. Who paid you to attack my elite?"

Smaugthesilver

Still partially curled up, Mycasi faces Limadan.
"Client confidentiality. Can't tell you." she growls, although she's still thoroughly shaken by entire thing. Her scales ache and tiredness is pulling at her.

Medievarad

The giant didn't seem a least bit pleased by that.

With a low snarl, Limadan stepped forward and pressed his leg down on her throat. Hard. Showing not only his superior strength, but his dominance.

"Don't make me repeat myself."

Smaugthesilver

Instinctively, Mycasi snaps at his leg in a vain attempt to grab his leg.
"I'm not some cowardly human, to cower in your presence. I will not be bullied by you, human."

Medievarad

He only forced the foot down, "I AM NOT HUMAN," his voice thundered trough the dark room.

Smaugthesilver

The pressure on her windpipe is antagonising, and Mycasi's eyes bulge in pain and fear.

"Karkroth..." she hisses.

Medievarad

"I am Limadan of Harmaa! I am the third Vanguard! I AM THE KING OF RUIN!" He yelled as he pressed his foot down more, before he pulled away. "Karkroth?" He asked with a soft pant as he calmed down again.

Smaugthesilver

"Karkroth... Sent me." gasps Mycasi, bearly able to speak.
"Karkroth..."

Medievarad

"Karkroth.." He chuckled slowly. "Treacherous bastard." He lifted his foot, turning around. "You will die soon, infidel," he said to Mycasi.

Smaugthesilver

Somehow managing to raise up enough strength to spit at the human, Mycasi staggers painfully to her feet.
"I don't die easily, Limadan."

Medievarad

"Good," he glanced over his shoulder. The smirk hidden behind the mask could even be heard in his voice. "That makes it more fun, weakling. You shall die. Become part of my army and service the mistress eternally."

Smaugthesilver

Straining her muscles to the limit, Mycasi finally breaks free of her bindings.
"One of the many blessing of being a Blood-crown Wyvern. You will never bind me against my will, in life of death, no matter what your rank of title, human scum."

Medievarad

Limadan turned around again as his eyes widened and irisses narrowed. With a deep and ominous thrum, the corpses.crawled on his back and morphed together in dreadful wings that extended six meters to each side.

"I. AM. NOT. HUMAN!" He roared out, the room they were in shaking under the sound and the sheer force that gathered around him.

Tags: