Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Eye of the Tiger (sophos)

Started by Saber-Five, March 10, 2016, 08:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

Meeta Neferatri was so far impressed with this land called Serendipity. It is very beautiful to say the least. Perhaps she should retire here once older. As much Meeta enjoyed taking in the sights, she wasn't here strictly on vacation. A wealthy merchant from Essyrn made an agreement to sponsor Meeta for a little bit and got her here though magical teploration by one of his Serendian contacts.

In return she would give thirty percent of her prize money for every fight she fought Selevea Serendipity to her sponsor. That was more fine with her Meeta thought as she stood right next to a left corner of a small wooden platform covered in an huge mat. It served as a the arena inside a seedy-like tavern. She wore a tan linen wrappings that covered only her cleavage and a miniskirt of similar that reached only slighty above the knees. Needless to say she earned wolfish whistles from a couple of patrons sitting at their tables who admired her figure.

Meeta had became rather popular in Selevea not just for her looks but her fighting prowess in equal measure.

She already defeated several opponents, men and women for the past few nights. It wasn't that Meeta didn't think Serendians were weak but it felt like her experience in the brutal fight pits back in the homeland had given her edge. Hopefully tonight she wil gain more of a challenge. Meanwhile a short and plump eleven woman stood next to the ring from the outside called out to the crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlemen tonight the establishment is offering five thousand in gold to whoever can stand an hour in an no hold barred bout with the Essnryi Hellcat! In addition you will receive two more thousand coins as a bonus if you actually win against her."

Despite the promised reward no one volunteer, Meeta felt a little disappointed.

"Is there no one here brave enough?" She asked out loud in an Essnryi accent.

sophos

The tavern bar smelled of weary travelers and spilled drinks, but Audhilde was enjoying far too many laughs to let it drive her away. Several bar patrons clambered to their feet while Audhilde held her stomach and threw back her head. Her sleeveless, white dress was made of a single piece of silk tied together at the waist beneath her red sash. The sash hung low around her hips where the silk dress split in two; the resulting skirts were wide, ankle-length squares that made no attempt to hide the sides of her legs. Audhilde was certainly a sight, and in glaring contrast of her surroundings.

"You clumsy oafs," she said between laughs. "That's not how one finishes a drink." She turned up a mug of wine, and then slammed it upon the bar table. "I win."

"You wouldn't be celebrating if we hadn't spilled our glasses," said a bar patron while wringing out the lower portion of his shirt, "I'm not only soaked; I'm thirsty."

"Ah, and who's fault is that?" asked Audhilde.

"Yours," said a few patrons in unison.

The party cackled, and Audhilde slammed her hand on the bar.

"Gavin, my friend," she addressed the bartender. "Another round of drinks. Also baths and fresh clothes to those who need it; the ones who reek of vinegar."

"Ambassador," answered Gavin, "that's far more than I can give you on credit."

"Gavin, don't be stern," she said in a jovial tone. "When have I ever failed to pay you a debt?"

"This is your first time here--"

"That's right. Never."

Gavin sighed. "I'm sorry, but you'll need to pay for any further services in coin."

Just then someone announced, "Ladies and Gentlemen tonight the establishment is offering five thousand in gold to whoever can stand an hour in an no hold barred bout with the Essnryi Hellcat! In addition you will receive two more thousand coins as a bonus if you actually win against her."

"How auspicious is that, ambassador?" asked another bar patron. "You were just boasting about your fighting skills. You even claimed to have killed a moose with your bare hands."

"That's true, and I have," said Audhilde.

"She only needs to last an hour," said the first patron, who was still wringing his shirt. "I'd bet she could dance around a ring that long."

Audhilde's brow furrowed in an instant. "And what is that supposed to mean?" She put one hand on her hip and jabbed the other in the patron's chest as she continued. "Are you suggesting I can't hold my own against some Essnryi kitten!?"

"No, I was just--"

"Very well then. I'll go get those seven-thousand coins and we'll have a whole new reason to celebrate." Audhilde huffed as she turned towards the ring and began walking.

"Is there no one here brave enough?" the Essynri fighter asked aloud.

"I'm a brave one," answered Audhilde. "And, more importantly, very capable."

Saber-Five

With a competitive smirk Meeta gestured for Audhilde to come. She rolled her shoulders in an warm-up as she waited. Once Audhilde step inside, her Essnryi rival eyed her up with a fighter's eye and was actually impressed.

"Better not disappoint me." She jested when a small ring was rung, beginning the fight. With her fists raised to shoulder level Meeta began to circle toward Audhilde on the right.

sophos

Audhilde bounced lightly on her feet as she circled at pace with the Essynryi. She took the time to measure up her opponent. The hellcat-- as she was called-- was three inches shorter than herself and had arms to match. She certainly did not look like a weakling nor a fool-- not in Audhilde's eyes. And her form didn't leave any obvious openings.

Audhilde danced in wider steps that took her further away from the Essynryi. Then she slipped on her black leather gloves one by one, and laced her fingers together to make sure they were tight.

"So why do they call you the hellcat?" Audhilde asked as she finally brought her hands to bear. The back of her right hand brushed routinely against her chin, and her left sat above her navel; at the ready for when and if the hellcat would answer.

Oh, do I have an answer for you in return, Audhilde thought to herself as she counted the seconds until the Essynryi would at arm's length.

Saber-Five

This one is a professional Meeta considered in the back of her mind about Audhilde. The fighter seem mighty sure of herself yet had the form to back it up. Her height and no doubt experience gave this other fighter gave her edge as well. Still Meeta wasn't too worry, she kept following her competitor who was distancing herself between them.

A veteran indeed.

Further thought was interrupted when Audhilde asked her why she was called the hellcat. Smiling the Essnyri half-breed answered.

"You will find out."

Then just as they bounced within distance of one another, Meeta unleashed two fast jabs aiming for the other woman's center. This was only to test her rival's defenses.

sophos

Advanced as soon as she heard the Essnryi's answer, but the hellcat's fists clenched and she leaned a shoulder forward. Ready to test the waters, it seemed to Audhilde, but I prefer to test chins.

As her opponent threw her punches, Audhilde sprung into action with the ease of practice. Audhilde slapped away the hellcat's fist with her right hand, and then threw a jab of her own as she skipped backwards; her knuckles cracked noisily against the Essynri's teeth as she landed out of range of any further punches, of which there was one.

"Is it because everyone who sits you down finds money?" Audhilde asked through a grin before returning to her stance and dance.

Saber-Five

Meeta's head slammed back upon impact, losing one teeth. Though surprised the hellcat went back on the offensive. When closing the distance, she unleashed a furry of straight and hook punches in the direction of her foe's upper body area.

Whether they made contact or not didn't matter, for they served as a diversion. Suddnely Meeta spinned kick toward the back of Audhilde's legs. It would cause the 'ambassador' to fall on her backside. In turn while Audhilde recovered from it, Meeta rushed from behind and griped her rival's neck into a fierce headlock with her right arm.

sophos

Audhilde had forgotten the rules of the bout, or if they had even been explained to her. Either way, she didn't expect the Essynryi's cunning use of her legs. Audhilde fell flat on her back.

The ceiling spun ovals in Audhilde's eyes. She waited a few seconds for the wooden planks to grow still and realign themselves before sitting herself up. Her stomach turned onto her bladder as she staggered to her feet, but she didn't have any time to deal with the drink sloshing in her guts and behind her eyes.

An arm like sculpted stone wrapped tightly around Audhilde's neck and pulled her head down. The Essynryi's toned muscles dug deep into her neck, wringing the breath out of her. Audhilde watched her own feet as they stumbled back and forth for any footing they could find; the short hellcat had her practically doubled over. She dug a hand between her neck and the arm but if it made any difference she didn't perceive it. She dug her other hand into the Essynri's ribs and tried to pry herself free with all her might; she made little progress and began turning a curious shade of blue.

Audhilde hooked her arm behind the Essynryi's leg and straightened her back, lifting the little hellcat onto her shoulder. Audhilde's back let out a series of snaps and her stomach turned once again, but she was far too lightheaded to take any more complaints. Starved for oxygen, she implemented the best plan she could think of: spinning in circles as fast as she possibly could.

Saber-Five

Spinning was the last thing Meeta expected. She tried to hold on with all her strength yet it became harder to do so, with the spinning and Audhilde's one arm that dug into her ribs. The pressure was so much that Meeta couldn't hold much longer. She let go and fell a few feet sideways to her opponent inside the small arena.

The Essnyri fighter struggle back up, feeling extremely dizzy and right in front of Audhilde.

sophos

Audhilde choked down air in several, exasperated gasps. The complaints of her spine and stomach were finally heard, and she held them both as she groaned. She looked to the Essynryi then looked again, and again, and again...

Audhilde slapped her hands onto her crown to detain her head, but it was her eyes that were still moving. And they continued to; they were caught in a savage loop with no sign of ending soon. With her hands, she turned her face towards the Essynryi and did her best to align with the hellcat.

Audhilde, with her arm outstretched like a wing, ran straight at the Essynryi. She hoped her eyes would guide her to one side, and her hope was rewarded. Her forearm ploughed into the hellcat's neck, doubling her over; Audhilde ran right by the falling Essynryi and to the edge of the ring. There, she fell to her hands and knees then returned her lunch.

Tags: