Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Uthlyn Uprising [plotting thread!]

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

This is a major 'mini-event' that takes place during year ten (or eleven) of the Connlaothian Civil War. After news that The Goddess (the duchy of Hellvion's super ship) has sunk (and with it carried a lot of nobility, mainly the duchess of Hellvion and duchess of Folkvar); and with Matron's Hallow conquered by the Turgall army where General Krah Mordeth has been presumed dead, those who have been conspiring to over turn the government near the capital believe it's time to strike.

Uthlyn, being a hub for a lot of scholars, ends up as the hot spot for this event. When the church bells toll on the Day of Respite is when the uprising will begin.

The following members I know have an interest in the war, and this event will definitely be a game changer as the war is finally growing nearer towards the capital, and may over turn the majority of support for the Grand Duke and leave a potential pathway for rebels to attack the castle head on.

It won't be an easy or short battle, but with something of this size and complexity, I'm reaching out to all of the active civil war players (and also welcome new ones and their ideas!), to toss out ideas and help me flesh out a plot for this :D

@Draconian - as your White Lily would be with Krah during this time and they may or may not be present, but would be a big influence on the aftermath of this event. I'm thinking around this time Krah might be taken into custody by the Grand Duke himself, and perhaps as he is waiting his trial for potential war crimes, news that Uthlyn is now rioting/ rebelling may affect Krah's fate and allow for him a pact for Redemption; maybe a Save Uthlyn, or Die sorta thing lol

@Lion - we have a lot of characters involved in the war movements, Renna and Oakley could have their  final thread here as they team up to get insider info to help this event be seen through.  Jude and Jinai would no doubt be up to shenanigans that could help sway this battle in one way or another- and I'm sure there are other ideas you'd like to toss out there for potential plot ideas!

@Ivory and @Paradox - if you two are still around and interested in playing your characters in this event, let me know!

@Rhi-Rhi and @SilverLuna - you both have rped with my character Killian at two very different aspects in Killian's life (Rhi being there with her character Faolan when Killian first joined, and Sil when Killian was at the fall of fort Dhagh and lost his arm). It might be interesting for Killian and Sil to participate in this event on their way to 'save' Killian's 'girl', and they could run into Faolan here or something! (could be one or two threads- but it's just some ideas!)

@Moonie - Although Blaith and Lily will be preoccupied elsewhere (perhaps meeting with Lily's father around this time), I'm sure you've got lots of ideas you could toss into this?

@DragonSong - This could be an unfortunate event Jack and Fiona get caught up in at some point! (or if you have other ideas, let me know!)

@pomelo - I see 'klemens' is back! :D If your'e up for it, I wouldn't mind plotting more with you on this event (or just anything else, if you'd want!)

@Cambie - It'll be a whale of a time!

I'm sure there are others I haven't tagged on this but this, again, is also up to any and all who have ideas :D

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

@Heretic King - obviously you might have an interest with your character Artorias, the Mordecai Grand Master :D

Also, more information on Uthlyn is found on the link provided.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

YESSS, LET'S DO IT, SPICY! 8D Oh man, Faolán will be 24 in year 10! All growed up. *sniffle* <3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DragonSong

I'm definitely up for that! I can adapt Fiona to however you want to play this out.

Lion

Okay so I think this could be a good turning over of power in the Church.  I'll have to submit my character Lucian who can use this uprising as an excuse to turn power over to the Order of St. Agratha. 

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Quote from: Rhi-Rhi on March 12, 2016, 12:08:59 PM
YESSS, LET'S DO IT, SPICY! 8D Oh man, Faolán will be 24 in year 10! All growed up. *sniffle* <3
@Rhi-Rhi - by now, Killian will actually be on the opposing side of the war! Should be an interesting reunion!

Quote from: DragonSong on March 12, 2016, 12:10:17 PM
I'm definitely up for that! I can adapt Fiona to however you want to play this out.
@DragonSong - yeah! Or.. should you have other ideas, I can work with them too! Who knows, Jessica (I mean Jynx!) and Trest could end up getting involved, too!
SO MANY IDEAS FOR SHENANIGANS!

Quote from: Lion on March 12, 2016, 12:17:03 PM
Okay so I think this could be a good turning over of power in the Church.  I'll have to submit my character Lucian who can use this uprising as an excuse to turn power over to the Order of St. Agratha.

@Lion
YES! I was hoping you'd throw that idea out there :D Maybe this could be the true 'death' of Attalia Arrant, or maybe she finds her unlucky self nabbed, once again, by the church D8

But yes, ideas- toss them at me *grabby hands* I needs them!

Rhindeer

@visualspice
And you know, I think Faolán would stay on the anti-mage side of the war, because he believes the propaganda--and would also just be pretty nervous of doing anything that drew negative attention to him, considering what he's hiding. It'd be interesting if maybe they crossed swords or something! 8D And Faolán can be like, "D8 OMG KILLIAN." Because he really likes Killian! And even kinda developed a mad crush on him. >___>;;;
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Quote from: Rhi-Rhi on March 12, 2016, 12:31:32 PM
@visualspice
And you know, I think Faolán would stay on the anti-mage side of the war, because he believes the propaganda--and would also just be pretty nervous of doing anything that drew negative attention to him, considering what he's hiding. It'd be interesting if maybe they crossed swords or something! 8D And Faolán can be like, "D8 OMG KILLIAN." Because he really likes Killian! And even kinda developed a mad crush on him. >___>;;;

@Rhi-Rhi D'awww, Killian is a sweety! They should totally cross swords and like, one or the other has to choose to kill or save the others life, maybe? Or somethin'! *flails*
But oh yeah, his secret- Killian will take that to the grave D8
SOLDIER BROS 4eva!   *B|

DragonSong

YESSS SHENANIGANS!!

Ahem.

I think throwing Jynx and Trest in there could be really fun- if I come up with anything more specific I'll let you know!

Rhindeer

Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 12:39:40 PM
@visualspice

@Rhi-Rhi D'awww, Killian is a sweety! They should totally cross swords and like, one or the other has to choose to kill or save the others life, maybe? Or somethin'! *flails*
SOLDIER BROS 4eva!   *B|
Killian IS a sweety! <3

SOLDIER BROS 4EVA! I don't think Faolán could hurt him. >_> He adores him too much. BUT MAN IT WOULD STILL BE STRESSFUL AND INTENSE AND OMG. AND KILLIAN LOST AN ARM!!! DDD8

>_> I have two days off after today. I could start a thread, if you like! (And start the one with Vels! I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN!) Unless you have an idea for it! 8D

visualspice

Quote from: Rhi-Rhi on March 12, 2016, 12:46:11 PM
Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 12:39:40 PM
@visualspice

SOLDIER BROS 4eva!   *B|
Killian IS a sweety! <3

SOLDIER BROS 4EVA! I don't think Faolán could hurt him. >_> He adores him too much. BUT MAN IT WOULD STILL BE STRESSFUL AND INTENSE AND OMG. AND KILLIAN LOST AN ARM!!! DDD8

>_> I have two days off after today. I could start a thread, if you like! (And start the one with Vels! I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN!) Unless you have an idea for it! 8D

@Rhi-Rhi - Either way, if you got an idea I'll wait for you to write one up then :D
In the mean time I'm contemplating drawing >_>
maybe :T

Draconian

Spicy! My lily is your pawn!  As arearly all my characters in the civil war. <3

Saber-Five

I know I been less active for a few days but I'm willing to volunteer my vigilante for this uprising. Perhaps he can serve as a wild card in the midst of battle, trying to protect citizens stuck in the crossfire of the bloodshed.

visualspice

Quote from: Draconian on March 12, 2016, 12:51:52 PM
Spicy! My lily is your pawn!  As arearly all my characters in the civil war. <3
@Draconian - well, we can start this I guess after our other thread gets to it's end lol
Our characters still have to survive >_>

Quote from: Saber-Five on March 12, 2016, 12:58:49 PM
I know I been less active for a few days but I'm willing to volunteer my vigilante for this uprising. Perhaps he can serve as a wild card in the midst of battle, trying to protect citizens stuck in the crossfire of the bloodshed.

@Saber-Five - Most definitely! He'd be a helpful though controversial tool stuck in the middle!

Saber-Five

Controversial as in somone who takes his fierce view of justice into action LOL! So when does the uprising actually start?

visualspice

Quote from: Saber-Five on March 12, 2016, 01:22:08 PM
Controversial as in somone who takes his fierce view of justice into action LOL! So when does the uprising actually start?
Year ten, more than likely, of the Connlaothian Civil war.
As far as when the threads will start, well, as soon as plots are formed and threads made? lol

Medievarad

Yeah, it'd be sweet if I got a spot in it, where do I gotta throw Artorias in?

visualspice

Quote from: Heretic King on March 12, 2016, 03:12:16 PM
Yeah, it'd be sweet if I got a spot in it, where do I gotta throw Artorias in?

@Heretic King - It depends where and when you'd like him involved! Its possible Artorias gets side tracked by Cullen and some of his men to prevent him from being there when the uprising begins. Could be a suicide mission or something, but either way, a fun idea to propose!
Although that would make Cullen one of my shortest lived characters looool

Just some food for thought!

Lion

Quote from: visualspice on March 12, 2016, 12:25:15 PM

Quote from: Lion on March 12, 2016, 12:17:03 PM

@Lion
YES! I was hoping you'd throw that idea out there :D Maybe this could be the true 'death' of Attalia Arrant, or maybe she finds her unlucky self nabbed, once again, by the church D8

But yes, ideas- toss them at me *grabby hands* I needs them!

We'd still have to finish out Merric/Attalia's thread.  And then that would lead to Lucian's denouncement of Merric, maybe Attalia gets captured. And ANGST GALORE and THINGS and we need to discuss more of this.I forgot some of the stuff we plotted.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

@Lion
Yeah! Plotting must happen- but that's kinda why I posted this thing!
FOR ALL THE DRAMA AND PLOTS AND THINGS

Tags: