Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just a Little Nibble

Started by Draconian, March 27, 2016, 01:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

It didn't?

Sapphire stared at her, frowning.

"But... Why not?" When she was gone he felt empty. The whole afternoon without her felt like it wasn't worth living. He rubbed his chest again and his ears drooped, tail curled up around his feet on the floor. "Maybe not for your kind but... For me it does," His tone sounded hurt, like she'd just insulted his entire species.

She was perfect. Why wouldn't she just let him keep her?

"I'll go with you." It was a statement more than a suggestion, "I'll keep you safe. I'd rather die than see you get hurt on your way to this Connlaoth."

DragonSong

Lyra frowned, opening her mouth to question what exactly his kind was, when once again she was struck speechless.

"No no no no no!" She waved her hands in front of her, eyes wide as she shook her head. "You can't come back with me! I mean-" She took a breath to try to calm herself. "Look, you don't have to worry about me getting hurt. I'll be fine."

Sighing, she sat on the edge of her bed, absently twining a lock of hair around her finger as she bit her lip in thought. "Okay. Here's an idea," she said briskly, slapping her hands down onto her lap. "You can- court me, or whatever, for the time I'm in Arca. Then you'll see that we're just not...compatible." She gestured back and forth between them. "But in three days, I'm going back to Connlaoth. Alone."

Draconian

When she sat down, Sapphire was close behind, kneeling in front of her with his hands on either side of her hips. He could scent her and he closed his eyes and let it settle in him. The more he was around her the more he wanted her forever. Wanted to press himself against her and hold her in his arms and his hands fisted the blankets and he took a careful little breath.

"Why wouldn't we be compatible?" Sapphire whined, giving her his best look, pupils circles instead of slits.

DragonSong

She realized her mistake too late, and then he had her trapped. Leaning back as far as she could, Lyra felt her breath hitch at his closeness. "We- we just...wouldn't," she muttered, searching desperately for a more concrete reason.

"We're not even the same species," she exclaimed after a moment, glad to have latched on something. Giving him a quick once over, she added with a quizzical frown, "What exactly are you anyway?"

Draconian

Gently and hesitantly his fingers grazed up her side, thumb trailing along her dress before he placed his hand back on the bed. He didn't want to frighten her, but he wanted to touch her. Press against her. Taste her. A careful little breath and he tilted his head.

"I'm Kulshedra. We guard the Soul. At least... I did." His head went down slightly, ears drooping down, "I'm from... North." In fact, originally he was from a place very close to Connlaoth, not that he knew that was what the name of the country was. "I was cast out. I..." He looked at her, gnawing on his lip slightly, "Only three days? What if I prove myself? What if you want me after three days? Then can I be yours forever?"

DragonSong

Lyra shivered at the touch. She wanted to convince herself it was discomfort, but that was only partly true. If she was being honest with herself, part of it was almost...excitement.

With a sigh, she closed her eyes and bit her lip. After a long, long moment, she murmured. "Alright. Fine. If you can make me..." She didn't want to say yours, she still wasn't fond of the term. "If I want you after three days, you can come back with me. Deal?

Draconian

Sapphire licked his lips and he cast a glance to the rabbit, rolling his shoulders and placing his hands on her hips, a gentle light touch. Hesitant. It was a step in the right direction, now he just had to prove himself to be a good mate.

"Got any tips?" Another look to the rabbit, "I'm new to this. I've never tried to court a female before."

DragonSong

She sighed again- she was doing that a lot around him- and gently but firmly placed her hands over his and then moved them off her hips. She desperately tried to convinced herself that she didn't miss the contact. She had absolutely no doubt that by the end of three days Sapphire would grow bored with her and she would never have to fulfill her end of the deal.

"Well, for starters, you shouldn't touch a lady you don't know so familiarly," she told him. Following his glance to the rabbit, she added, "And perhaps try flowers, or maybe even sweets, instead of dead animals as a gift."

Softly pushing at his shoulders, trying to get him to give her some space, Lyra said briskly, "Right then. Well, I suppose you should head back to...wherever it is you're staying. I expect I'll see you tomorrow."

Draconian

Flowers.

Sweets.

No dead animals.

"What about cooked animals?" He inquired, hands now hovering beside her waist. He wanted to touch her again. It did wonderful things to his body that he didn't understand. Sapphire closed his eyes and took a deep breath, relaxing that she'd let him be so close. Her being calm soothed his nerves and he gave a content sigh.

"I... okay." He breathed deeply and stood up, his hand caressing her cheek gently before he pulled away and curled his tail around his leg. "I'll... Go." He looked out the window and bit his lip before exiting, climbing from it and going to where he was staying.

Which, tonight, was right above her window to protect her. There could be dangerous things out here. Night monsters with many teeth and tentacles.

DragonSong

"Ah- well I suppose if you must, cooked animals would be...acceptable," Lyra muttered, rather baffled. She sort of flinched as he touched her cheek, then relaxed and almost leaned into the touch, a fraction of a second too late. He'd already moved away.

"Um. Goodnight, then," she called after him, simply blinking in bewilderment as he climbed back out through the window.

It took her a few moments to really digest what had happened, but once she had she let out a sharp breath and shook her head, standing to cross to the dresser in the room and change into a nightdress. Flopping onto the bed, she closed her eyes and covered her face with her hands, groaning.

Dear God, what had she gotten herself into?

Draconian

Sapphire was up before the sun, sleepy and groggy but damn if he wasn't going to impress her enough to want to be his mate. It took a great deal of effort and some window breaking, but in his hands was a beautiful jeweled necklace. Gold and - of course - sapphires. His name sake. His rank. A lowly sapphire but he'd always found them beautiful. Perhaps a bit of his ego went into liking the gem.

Again, he was in the window and kneeling beside her bed, having been silent in his entrance.

Then, kneeling beside the bed, he watched her sleep, a purr rumbling in his chest while he held the necklace and watched her. He'd tossed the dead rabbit out the window after he'd returned and frowned at the blood on the desk - he'd clean it later.

Sapphire watched her sleep, seated beside her bed. She was beautiful.

DragonSong

Lyra had always been a heavy sleeper, but she was usually an early riser as well. Stretching and rolling over in bed, she gave a sleepy little whimpering sound and yawned, blinking her eyes open to look at the ceiling.

She was almost inclined to believe everything that had happened to her the day before was a dream. She felt rather peaceful. Until she turned onto her side and saw Sapphire staring at her.

"Saints above!" She bolted upright, eyes blown wide as she scrabbled back until she thumped against the wall. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

Draconian

"Protecting you?" He whined, having reeled back, necklace in hand, "I... Don't do that?" He anticipated her request, frowning at her. Sapphire held the necklace to his chest and moved forward, though he smiled then, now she was awake and knew he was here!

He moved forward, resting a knee on the bed and holding out the necklace, "I brought you a present, Lyra." Sapphire grinned at her, his teeth sharp and lethal. Though his expression was pleasant enough and he rubbed at the gem on his chest.

DragonSong

"Protecting..." Lyra shook her head and clutched at her temples with a groan. So much of this was out of her comfort zone that she actually forgot she was only in a nightgown for the moment.

"That is a- a nice sentiment, but you really don't need to do that," she mumbled as she looked up, frowning, to see what he'd brought this time. She blinked. "Oh..."

It was a lovely necklace. A lovely and obviously expensive necklace. Gasping quietly, Lyra found herself leaning forward to get a closer look. "You...got this for me?" she murmured slowly, stunned, rather worried, and just slightly touched. "How- how? How could you even afford something like this?"

Perhaps it was unfair of her to assume he didn't have much money just from his appearance, but- well, she did.

Draconian

Sapphire looked at what he could see of her body out of pure curiosity.

She was going to be his - someday - and she was already perfect, so he took his eyeful and just the glimpse of flesh made him want to see more. Push the skirts up and touch her scaleless legs. Marvel at her tailless-ness. Sapphire gave a rumble and he closed his eyes for a moment before she asked her question and his eyes snapped up to look at her.

How?

"I found it," He said, tilting his head curiously, "I'm a good hunter. For animals. For precious things. Please, let me be yours? I'll spoil you. We could be together forever. You'll want for nothing and I'll make you happy." Why wouldn't she just accept him?  Sapphire gave a little needy whine and ducked his head down, crawling the littlest bit closer to her on the bed.

DragonSong

Dear god, it really felt like she'd somehow picked up a stray puppy. A very large stray puppy. With scales. And...claw-feet.

Lyra scooted a little further away from him, but she really didn't have a whole lot of room to maneuver. Giving him a narrow eyed look, she tried to clarify her question. "I mean where did you find it then. And how did you get it. Did you just- take it?"

She had a bad feeling she already knew the answer to that. With a small sigh she added, "And I'm sure you can do all those things. But that's not- there's more to being a...mate than that. At least for humans."

This was absolutely surreal.

Draconian

Sapphire ignored her first question.

"What more is there? I'd provide for you and our litter. I'd die for you." Another movement closer to her, his hand out to touch her leg. "What else is there," he glanced at her waist, "I'm sure we're compatable for mating."

DragonSong

She couldn't really move any further back. "But- why are you so sure?" Lyra muttered, feeling a little like she was grabbing at straws. "You don't know anything about me, other than my name. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful mate for someone. It's just not me."

Draconian

Why did she ask so many questions? Why couldnt she just follow her nose? If she did then shed know he was perfect for her. Sapphire stared at her, eyes wide, "please dont throw ne away, Lyra. Please?" He backed off a little, looking at her woefully.

DragonSong

Lyra sighed again. "Look, I'm not throwing you away," she said, a little irritated. Taking a breath and forcing her tone to soften, she met his eyes and gave him a small smile. "We have a deal, remember? You have three days to change my mind."

Hopefully three days would be long enough for him to get over this infatuation.

Waving her hands at him, she said briskly, "Alright, now shoo. I need to get dressed. Go...wait outside the door, okay?"