Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Quest for 'Better Air'

Started by Zelrius, March 29, 2016, 06:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelrius

Within moments of the Boat docking, Zelrius didn't even need waking up. The sudden change of movement, or now lack there of, causes a searing headache to piece his mind and for a fit of coughs to erupt from the weak boy. Within moments he was calling out in a weak, raspy voice to anyone could might be able to hear him, however difficult that might be. "Bring that Healer ward, quickly!" Although he attempted to say it in a loud voice, the Blackfyrian Heir was unable to ever speak above more than indoor voice volume, and even that was often a challenge. Still he waved his hands about as best he could and continued to call out for the Ward Ignis that was sent with Young Lord Blackfyre for this little 'Medicinal' expedition.

Ellaria Ignis

Ellaria grumbled as she was practically just a prisoner in a new sell once again as she lied there in her bed a few yards away from her master of sorts. She heard as someone barged into her room and grabbed her hand and dragging her forward now as she winced hearing this and nodding as she was taken to Zelrius's room. She looked down now at the heir of Blakfyrian she laughed a bit before sighing realized it was her duty to keep him alive. She despised there family still, but this feeble boy was the only way she could ever find a normal life. "I'm here, just try and calm down a bit sir," an exaggerated sigh as she now grabbed some of her supplies herbs that her family were well known for and mixtures that only they knew. She began to churn and smash the herbs till she made a rather nice paste. "Now swallow all of this ..." As she fed it to him she looked away wishing she could have taken one more of her enemy out without risking her own life.

Pheonix

Scathach didnt like that girl, one of the wards of the Blackfyre family. The fact that she was a ward wasnt a big deal to her, more the fact that she kept feeding paste to her lordship, Zelrius. Who knew what vile concoctions she could be feeding him, slowly poisoning him instead of healing him. She couldnt do anything about it though. Still, she would have her eyes on that girl, especially while she tended to the man. She quietly padded into the room and stood near the door, supervising to make sure that Ellaria wasnt doing anything tricky. She cocked her head to the side, once again wondering both what that gross looking paste actually did, and what it tasted like. Probably nothing good to both questions.

Zelrius

"It's Lord, remember your damn manner Ward." He took a bit of the paste and cringed a little, always hating the taste of it. He was just as unsure as the guard was of whether or not the paste helped, hurt, or did nothing. Regardless of that, Zelrius reasoned that if the paste was even the slightest bit poisonous, he'd be dead already. You would think an easy solution to this would be to force the healer to take some too, but once more, Zelrius was so weak that the amount of poison needed to be lethal to him would barely even phase someone with normal health. Especially a Healer who might know how to cure her own poisons.

He sighed taking more of the paste and speaking up to the guard, unsure of whether or not she was actually there. "Go get the Coach set up. We will stay on the boat for one last night docked here on the town, and leave tomorrow morning."

Ellaria Ignis

As he spoke up to her she grumbled and walked back toward the door as she noticed the bodyguard of sorts he had with him. She watched her standing in the doorway glaring at her as if she thought she was planning to poison the Lord. "Right, it would be so rude to forget to call the dying man Lord in his last few years of his life. "Besides, have you forgotten I am in charge of your health and if you don't live as long as I can make it my own place is as good as in the ground with  you. "I swear that you will live, but I never had to like you to do it." She sighed now wandering out, toward the door waiting to see if his guard would let her out without any problems. "You heard him," she stormed off now past the guard as she was planning on just returning to her room and locking the door so no one could bother her again.

Pheonix

Scathach was a bit upset at how her lordship seemed to think that she was just a simple guard. She was a highly trained warrior. In fact, she didnt even look like a guard. The only armor she had on was on her left leg and foot, and it was mainly just for show. Besides that, her black and red jacket didnt look like a guards uniform either. And that wasnt even counting her shirt and katana. It was strange how beautiful the healer was as well. Generally orphans and unwanted children didnt turn out with that sort of beauty. That just annoyed her, as well as the fact that the ward seemed to feel like she could order Scathach around. She discreetly stuck her foot out in front of the woman. She would allow Lord Zelrius to treat her like a simple guard, but she wouldnt take it from someone like that healer.

Zelrius

Zelrius laid back down and sighed. He wasn't going to scold Scathach for tripping the ward; He would have done the same if he could, it was just he'd rather that they got along. "I've been nothing but nice to you Ignis. Don't blame me for your service to my family. That isn't my fault, and you know it's not fair to hate me for it." He sounded more distraught by his own words then he was attempting to make her feel. He sat up and walked slowly around the room "Don't run off yet, Ignis. I request your help in packing up my things and getting the others in our little travelling party ready before you disappear on me."

Ellaria Ignis

As she strolled passed she suddenly was tripped up letting out a startled squeal as she collapsed. Her hands defensively sliding up to her face to protect it as she now squished into her arms and mewled in pain as she wasn't use to such tumbles. As she lied there she grumbled hearing the lord now call upon her to help pack up his clothes and the like. "B-but" She sighed now standing back up and glaring at the woman who had tripped her not planning on forgetting this any time soon. "I-I'm not just some servant who can do all that why don't I just go get one of the workers on the boat to do it instead?"

Pheonix

Scathach glared back at the other female, wondering if the two of them seriously thought that she was simple one of the boats staff, a simple guard. She finished up glaring at the other woman and instead frowned as she thought about the journey ahead with these two. A sick spoiled noble, and a seemingly equally spoiled healer. She absentmindedly gripped the hilt of her katana as she motioned for one of the boats actual guards to go get the carriage ready.

Zelrius

"You're right, I will get one of the boat workers to do it. You'll be walking the first five miles." He said, his words a bit slowed as he was dizzy from the standing and moving. He slowly began to grab folded clothes out of their respective compartments throughout his little boat room and put them in crates, ordering the other guards and servants sent with him to pack all of them up in the coach that should be arriving soon. "Since you want to be lazy, Whip up different kinds of medicines." His voice went from less 'incharg-y' to an attempt at a bit more friendly. "We could potentially be here for years. Are you guys ready?"

Ellaria Ignis

"What!?" She freaked out a bit now as he mentioned that she would be walking five miles now from her little attitude. "There is no way I will be walking five miles let alone one mile when we have a perfectly good coach to carry me!" She winced now cradling her arms painfully and glancing back to the woman who had called for the boat workers to go get the coach ready. "Besides I have to keep alert to make your medicines or would you want to die from the wrong amount of dosage?"

Pheonix

Scathach smiled and made her way over to stand next to the healer. She got down on one knee and bowed to Zelrius before standing back up and turning to face the ward. "We have three horses and lots of supplies, as well as the area where Lord Zelrius will be staying." She paused. "Really the only two places where you would be able to sit are the inside, which as I said already is where our lord will be riding, and the drivers bench, where I will be sitting. So there is really no other option."

Zelrius

Of course there was enough room for her to sit really anywhere, whether it be on a horse, the seat, or in the carriage, Though Zelrius didn't say anything, knowing full well what Scathach was doing. He flicked the healer as the last of his stuff was carried out to the coach. "If you kill me, More power to me, I get to end this hellish life I am condemned to. Take that away for a second, That's not in your best interest. If I die due to lack of medicine or even at all on this journey, You can bet your pretty little face that Lady Scathach here will drag you back to Blackfyre Castle and see to it you're scorched alive... or worse."

Ellaria Ignis

She yelped and whined now as she felt the lord flick her and sat back down on the floor groaning rather depressed by his talk. "I-I wouldn't really kill you," she blushed showing the only sign of embarrassment she had toward her lord. She now hung her head, "P-please I beg you to reconsider my position beside the coach and not within in it. Scathach?" She then peered back to her lord and stating his name, "Zelrius?" Despite her snottiness she tried to be sincere as this was a long journey and she didn't want to be left out to stroll alongside. "I-I'm not some animal you can just lash up to the side I-I will not just stand about like that!"

Pheonix

Scathach didnt say it, but if Zelrius died that would mean that she had failed in her mission. It would likely be worse for her if she went back after Zelrius died than it would be for the ward. At least she would get to die. She would be better off running. She didnt say any of this and instead gave Zelrius and the girl a solemn, sincere nod. "Animals dont walk on two legs. Plenty of people have to walk from place to place. At least you wont have to carry your supplies with you." Scathach said, attempting to reason with her before the ward got some sort of punishment.

Zelrius

He sat back down on the bed, laying back on it. For a second he enjoyed the comfort of an actual cushion and fur-lined bed. Zelrius himself was unsure of how comfortable the travelling bed would be that they packed up, and didn't like the thought of having a sore back the entire trip. "Lord Blackfyre," He corrected the ward again when she said his name. "As a Ward, You're in no place to refer to me as an equal. I will let that one slip unpunished, only because I have no reason to be mean to you."

As the two girls traded a few words he sighed and stood up, giving the Ward a sort of pet along her hair and slowly meandering to the door and on the deck of the boat. "You don't have to walk, you can sit in the coach with me." It wasn't in his nature to be cruel or mean to anyone, yet he felt like Ignis would take advantage of his kindness. "Scathach, Do you have any knowledge of this land?"

Ellaria Ignis

Ellaira heard him correct her as she now began to realize that her life wasn't like it was back at her own manor. She sighed and nodded her head, "Yes Lord Blackfyre ... please I will do whatever you wish just don't force me to walk sir."  She humbly hung her head now as she knelt on the ground before him asking for forgiveness almost like a pup now as she was shamefully realizing. Feeling his hand now pet along her head she gulped and bit her own lip now realizing how this would appear. "T-thank yo so much Lord," she blushed bowing as she realized she was a massive suck up.

Pheonix

Scathach frowned. She hadnt had any geography training, and the only thing that she knew about this place was that it had a coast and was called Serendipity or something similar. "No, I dont know anything about this place. Just that we're travelling through it and im supposed to beat up whoever you say to." She stated calmly, ignoring the beautiful woman who was all of a sudden being submissive and sucking up to him. She really didnt like that woman.