Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lady and the fan (M) (Ruby Red)

Started by Mephistel, April 07, 2016, 05:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

She looked at him, her eyes widened with both confusion and surprise. Eventually her expression changed and she started to laugh. An honest and quite cute laugh at that. It seemed like she was amused. It took her a minute or two to calmed down before she wipe a tear from her eye.

-Ah ah...sorry! Hi hi...your amazing you know that!-

She laughed a little more and finally manage to calm herself. She hadn't laugh like this in weeks since she had been separated from Lema. And it was probably a good thing.

-You really try to look like a lady killer heh!-

She was kind and bright, but not always the smartest. Somehow, it felt like she doubt Irish could do this kind of things. She wasn't use to been treated kindly, somehow, it had the complete opposite effect. It was refreshing as well. She was done with her lunch and smiled once more at Irish.

-tough, I'm sure you'd make a good dancers you and Irish, you both have good looks and shape!-

She added, this time getting up and stretching.

Ruby Red

"Oh, me and myself? The best performance in Le'raan right there, could make it rain gold for miles around with the flick of a pinky~" He flicks that finger as such, and waggles it through the air for good measure. "All this fabulousness can't be contained with just looking great while kicking bandits back down the road, needs some release." He whips his eyes up and down Merin, a look of mock critique adorning him. "Maybe I could persuade myself to cut Miss Merin in on the act... he'd be a bit jealous of me, thinking that I'm replacing him, but he would listen, in time... Might be a little hard for Merin though, with such a forefront..." He plucks his nails in a posh fashion, playing all of it up to full extent.

Mephistel

-Aye aye! Mister fabulous!-

She said, as she didn't quite catch all the blabber, but she knew one thing, this man would make her day a lot more brighter. She smiled, tilting her head, the jewelry at her ears making some small sounds. She grabbed him by the arm, closing in to him with a grin. Her eyes locking into his.

-So, is his fabulousness ready to work? You see...I'd very much like to get some new clothes for my new dance...I'll need some help choosing! -

She said.

-Do you mind helping me out?-

Ruby Red

Irish dons the look of a rabbit before a large carnivore. Picking out clothes for a dancer? Certainly not his forte, considering his tattered olive coat...

"....yeaaaaaaaah, suure...?" He shifts around uncomfortably. "Help with picking?" He asks, a frown across his face. He'd had to do much the same in the far past for posh nobles, but that was both years ago, and they didn't like the truth as much as they liked compliments, so he didn't have much confidence in actually helping in that.

Mephistel

Facing his expression, Merin smiled at him, still at his arm.

-Don't be silly! I'll do the picking, all I want is your opinion as a man!-

She said.

-I want you to tell me which clothes fit me better or you think are attractive! Kinda the eye candy for you no? It's not such a tough job!-

She said with yet another smile as she was now taking him by the arm and about to go out. There was a small market in town and since they were close to a port, she was sure they could find some nice clothing there.

-C'mon! It'll be fun!

Ruby Red

Irish lets himself be dragged through the inn, a look of nervousness about him. He could tell her the best ways to stab a man painfully without actually hurting him badly, how to skin a dragonling for the finest leather.... But fashion?

Directly outside, Soleil, exactly where Irish had guessed, tidies up the horses saddlebags with mildly obsessive compulsion. Laden with supplies, both darkly tinted brown quarterhorses stamped their hooves in anxiousness, knowing that travel was near since she was doing such things around them. Soleil doesn't turn to look as the inn's door bursts open with her partner being dragged by the much smaller and certainly much more excited clothes-seeking Merin.

Mephistel

Unaware or perhaps doing on purpose, Merin drags Irish along with her. Calling out to Soleil as she made her way toward the market.

-Good morning Soleil! We'll be back soon!!-

On that, she was gone. They made their way to the market, it was sunny and bright outside, there was a lot of people around and a lot of merchants too. The panda girl stroll trough the place at a quick pace while looking for the clothes she wanted. They eventually reach a small stand with a lot of different clothes, tissues and ornements. Jewelry and others small trinkets lay on the display case.

-Ah, young lady, may I interest you in our products today?-

Merin smiled at the lady, it was a woman, old of age but that looked kind and yet, keen.

-I've been looking for new clothes, for dancing, they have to be light and convenient...-

She said as she browse trough the shop. The old, lady nodded and looked at Irish with a smirk.

-Hmm, and the husband is here as well I see, good, let's see what we have...-

The old lady started taking out various outfits from the shelves, eventually inviting them inside for her to try them on. Merin went into the small changing room and started trying the various outfit. The first one she tried was made of violet silk and gold trinkets. It was well designed and covering the arms, breast and legs, leaving the neck, part of the chest, back and belly naked, while the tissue for the leg were of a transparent purple with golden glitter. Two large round earrings were adding to the touch, bearing sun like shape in them.

She turned on herself to show Irish, with a wide smile on her face. It did looked beautiful on her, even more then her usual kimono.

-So...what do you think?-

Ruby Red

Irish makes sure to avert his field of view as she changes. Common courtesy, among other things. When he turns back, eyes darting up and down Merin, he takes a moment before answering.

"That it looks great on you." Irish answers. There could only be one correct answer, after all. "The Violet adds a bit of an exotic hue. It's always royalty that wear it, plus the gold, right?" He didn't even realize it, but his comments happened to be fairly decent. Irish didn't know he had it in him. "The sheek shows off in all the right places to be exciting too... Violet and gold..." He gives a light 'hm' and crosses his arms, still clueless to how he was actually being mildly proficient at fashion policing.

Mephistel

Merin smiled as she listened. She nodded.

-Alright...then the next one...-

She changed once more, this time, coming from behind the curtain in a dark blue and silver garment. The style was similar to the first one but instead of pants, it was a dress, which opened on each side of the tights. Long opened sleeves with moon and stars on them. The earrings were replace by some long silver chain with small blue stones on them.

She turned around once more, striking a dancing pose, testing the dress to see if it would get in the way and seen how it simply add to the dance, she stoped moving for Irish to see.

-How about this one?

Ruby Red

"Shows a little less, of course, but that might not matter. The stars give an underlying theme too, could be good for adding to a specific dance, could help with that." He answers, just as last time.

Mephistel

Merin nodded once more and went to change again. This time, she came back with something a little more revealing, in the red and gold. The clothes were ornate with golden trinkets and small pearls, covering her breast as a short dress was covering her hips, ending in a butterfly tail at the back. Golden earrings and necklace, and bracelets at the arms. Her tail show trough the back of the dress, in a hole made especially for beast folk people like her. Golden lace were running up her legs.

She turned again, to show the whole design to Irish and waited for his comments.

Ruby Red

Irish is silent for a few moments, then gives an extended whistle in response. "...you moved from dancer Merin to princess Merin in under a minute..."

Mephistel

She laughed a little.

-I'm taking it this one is your favorite? -

She smiled, blushing a little. She wouldn't do so usually, she was used to receive compliments, but somehow, it felt different coming from Irish, she just didn't know why yet. The old lady nodded.

-Well, youre a pretty young lady! Lucky man you are!.-

She said. There was some more, but Merin didn't have enough to buy all of them, at any rate, she knew she just wouldn't stop if she was to try all the dress she tought pretty. So she stopped there.

-I'll take the purple and the red ones please...-

She said. The lady nodded and went up front to put the dress in bags once Merin had changed into her regular clothes. The old lady came back, Merin paid with the little money she had and went back to Irish with a smile, then handing him the few coins she had left.

-Thanks for your hard work!-

She said as she grabed back his arm, ready to get back to the inn, where Soleil was waiting. She wanted to show her the dress as well.

Ruby Red

Irish stumbles along in Merin's wake, struggling to keep up with her cheerful skip back to the inn. He doesn't complain though, just does his best to follow behind and become as little a drag as he could. Merin certainly had quite the personality. Soleil, still standing by the horses, merely was waiting for them to return again. Supplies loaded, baggage a packed, she looked ready to depart.

Mephistel

Back at the inn, Merin went to Soleil, who seemed ready to go.

-Oh! I'm sorry, did we made you wait long!?-

She asked, worriedly as she approach with her bag. She smiled at her happily.

-I got two new dresses for my next performances! So I'll be sure to bring lots of money!-

She looked back at Irish, bowing slightly.

-Thanks again!-

Then turning back to Soleil.

-I'll go get my stuff so we can go!-

From that, she went in, gathered her belongings and got back out with her backpack, ready to go as well and happy as a sunshine.

Ruby Red

Irish and Soleil exchange glances as Merin disappears off to gather her things. Irish's being more of a grin, while Soleil's showed an unsaid question of what exactly he was helping with. Nonetheless, Irish mounts his horse without challenge, as does Soleil after a moment. Both of the two are waiting for her as she returns. Soleil is the first to speak upon seeing her exit the inn again, "Are you riding with me or Richie?" She asks, "It doesn't really matter much."

Mephistel

Merin looked at the horses. She had never ride one before, thanks the gods, she wouldn't be the one leading it. She looked at them both unsure.

-Hmm...well...-

She didn't knew which of these two felt safer on a horse and since she had never ride one, she was hesitating. Whichever was the smoothes rider would be best she tought. But then again, she had no idea, so she took a coin out of her pocket, the last she had and threw it into the air, catching it and before revealing it's face, look at Soleil and Irish.

-Ok so Heads is Soleil and Tails is Irish...-

She said. She revealed the coin (I did throw one for real ha ha) and it revealed tails.

-I'm up with Richie then!-

She said, walking toward the man.

Ruby Red

Soleil nods and mounts her horse in two moves - stepping once on a hanging part of the saddle, then slipping into position - a practiced effort from the years of performing it. Irish steps next to his horse and looks to Merin next to him, "Do you need help getting up there or...?" He asks, unsure if she knew how to mount a horse without falling flat on one side of the other.

Mephistel

She smiled weakly and shook her head.

-I've...never ride a horse before....but it can't be all that hard now can it?-

She said, hoping to comfort herself a little. She knew they had a long journey ahead and she had told herself to do her best. Hopefully, Irish wouldn't make fun of her for that.

-I...might need a little help...-

She said, tough she had seen Soleil do, she grab the top of the saddle, hoping to make a good impression.

Ruby Red

Irish bends down and cups his hands under her foot to boost her up. He waits next to the horse to make sure she doesn't fall off again, "Steady?" He asks as he looks up to see for himself.

Tags: