Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Negotiating

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2006, 09:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Myth rode towards the fortified castle that was the seat of government for this nation. He decided to pick this country to negotiate first because of the large track of forest it possesed. As he approched closer he noticed red banners flying from the towers. He also noticed armed guards on patrol. He doubted h e would get in to see the king because of his appereance. He was wearing just battle stained leathers and a worn cloak in lieu of his royal regalia with his long shappire hair in a simple travel braid. He had did some scouting in the nation of Connlaoth before coming here. Connlaoth would be the perfect place for the Moon People to make thier home on this world if not for the attitude towards creatures of magic the country possessed. A simple glamour sufficed to disguise his appearence, but his clotthes would have stood out more then he would have like. He kept his royal regalia in his saddle bags on his fine mount. He approched the gate and leaped off his saddle gracefully. "I wish to speak with your King or commander if that is too much." He announced with his manner and speach radiating royal right. He hated to put on a show like this, but it was nessacery sometimes, like it was this day.

Anonymous

Even if she had a bump, she managed to squeeze herself into her armour and make her rounds. Tarlaka had been out of the loop for a week or so and was off to do her rounds, which were boring and brought her to the front gate. Where someone was asking for the commander, Tarlaka blinked and looked down at her feet before one of the new soldiers called her, recognizing her for the commander. Right. Tarlaka looked up and walked over, in the red and gold formal uniform of the Adelan knights. Besides looking a little paler than usual, Tarlaka looked like she did before the little… incident. Tarlaka stepped up to the closed gate, giving him a once over, he didn’t look like much, but that was because Tarlaka didn’t see past the Glamour. She nodded to him and then placed her hand on one of the two sword hilts at her hip, just to be careful.

�I am Tarlaka, Commander of the Adelan knights, the king is unavailable at this time… What would you like?�

Tarlaka hadn’t signaled for any of the soldiers to raise the gate, she didn’t know what his intentions were and she certainly wasn’t going to take any chances. The commander was a rather scary figure, but mostly because of her impressive black wings, which was what freaked out most of the trainees and newer soldiers. As usual, Tarlaka had her blue banged hair with the pretty black back, hang loose around her shoulders and cover her pointed ears.  So she didn’t seem like a threat to the figure, she kept her black wings tightly pulled to her back and her made her hand on the hilt of her sword look like she was just resting it. One could never been to careful.

((OOC: Gyah x_x So short. Sowwies))

Anonymous

Myth saw a rather pale female in red and gold armor. She had wings, which was unusual, but what stood out more to him was something most people wouldn’t have noticed right away. This was the fact that she was elven. â€?I am Tarlaka, Commander of the Adelan knights, the king is unavailable at this time… What would you like?â€? Commander? This couldn’t be a better place to start his negotiations if an elf could rise to such an important position. “You’re one of the People.â€? He stated, using the Common translation for the Elvish word for Elves. He decided he could chance revealing his elven features to her. With a murmur he released the cantrip maintaining the glamour over his appearance. His hair changed from a dull black to the sapphire blue that was the mark of the Royal Family of the Moon People. While that was his most startling change, it wasn’t the only change. His eyes changed from black to violet, his skin paled and brightened until it glowed like the moon, and his ears grew longer and pointed. He still was covered with dirt from the road and his clothes were still worn. His only weapon on him was a dagger since he had his sword in his saddlebags. “No need for the blades. My name is Prince Mythador Moonshadow and I’m on a mission of a diplomatic nature. I wish to speak with your king.  On my honor and the honor of my family, I mean no harm to your king or your people.â€? He said the last part in a solemn vow to show he meant it. “I would like a place to clean up and prepare myself if that was available.â€? All his valuables from his sword, to his crown was still stored in his saddlebags and he needed to change before talking to a monarch.

Anonymous

Tarlaka watched him closely, not because he was interesting, but because he was unknown and apparently Elvish. Her lips thinned and her blue eyes narrowed to little slits, she understood what he said, she just couldn’t speak it worth beans. It took Tarlaka forever to learn the common tongue and after speaking that for more than five years without a bit of elvish, all she could do was understand it.  Tarlaka motioned her hand and the gate opened, bowing slightly again when he stated his status before walking over and standing beside him. Of course she noticed the difference, From the corner of her eye she looked fully, blue hair, violet eyes and very pale skin, though it didn’t look like a sickly pale like her. Closing her eyes for a moment while a wave of nausea passed she shook her head slightly and fluffed up her wings. Tarlakas hand was still on her sword.

�No, there is no need for blades, but one can never be to careful.�

Where was king Akkiel? Tarlaka cast a glance to the windows of the throne room. Probably ran off to tweek that sword of his again… If Tarlaka hadn’t known him well enough, she’d probably think he was a complete lazy-ass, while he was only a little bit of one. When the Prince of some elf-breed or another said he needed a place to ‘clean up’ Tarlaka smirked slightly.

�I’m afraid King Akkiel is not here, at all. I’m sure we can find the head maid and see about arranging a room for you to stay in until his return… Your things will be taken care of… If you’ll follow me.�

Another bow and Tarlaka was off walking towards the main doors of the castle. Assuming the fellow would follow, Tarlaka looked over shoulder slightly, not worried in the least that he’d lose site of her because of her big black wings. Now, to find that head maid, because either way, he’ll need a room, if he’s staying until King Akkiel returned or just for the night. Tarlakas gloved hand dropped from the hilt of her sword and she turned around to look at the moon elf, and rose an eyebrow.

Anonymous

When the gates opened Myth walked forward. He hand the reigns of his fine mount to one of the guards after taking off the saddle bags and putting them over his shoulder. “No need for formalities between two of the People� He told the captain as she bowed to him. He noticed her appeared dizzy for a second and wondered about that. He took one close look at her and came to a decision not to stay anything. Having come from a large family he was pretty sure he knew what ailed her, but didn’t want to say anything in front of her men.

�No, there is no need for blades, but one can never be to careful.� Myth smiled and shook his head. “No I agree there with you. One last formality now that you reminded me. “Myth said as he drew his dagger and handed it blade first to one of the guards. He then reached into his saddle bags and pulled out his spell book and handed that over to. “I have a sword in my bags, but I’m afraid I must hold on to that, but I swear not to use it within these walls except to protect those who live here.� He looked at her and saw the way she carried herself looked like she was very familiar with that blade on her hip. IT was as should be for the head of a King’s Guard.

â€?I’m afraid King Akkiel is not here, at all. I’m sure we can find the head maid and see about arranging a room for you to stay in until his return… Your things will be taken care of… If you’ll follow me.â€?  Myth noticed she bowed again even though he told her not to but just ignored it. He nodded accent and followed her. “I need to hold on to these items myself.â€? He told her indicating the saddlebags.

He followed her down the hall until she stopped and turned around. He noticed her raised eyebrow and smiled. That’s more like it. “Yes Lady Tarlaka? Oh if I may make one suggestion. You really shouldn’t be working while you are with child. At the very least you definitely should not be putting any undue pressure on your belly with armor.� He commented quietly so nobody could hear but her. She seemed like the sort who would keep that secret as long as possible.

Anonymous

A slight nod of her head was given when he told her to drop the formalities. Apparently having pointy ears and being an elf had its upsides too. Tarlaka stopped dead in her tracks and pulled her wings as close her to her body as they would go, her tips of her flight feathers touching one another as almost criss crossing. No bloody way. Her blue eyes would remind someone of ice, and now they seemed cold like ice, a sweep of her hand across her abdomen, which was constricted behind her metal armour, and she actually glared at him. It wouldn’t do well to insult someone of noble blood. Her lips were pulled into a hard line and Tarlaka clenched and unclenched her fists repeatedly, her eyes never leaving the guest.

�I appreciate your concern Lord Mythador, but do not worry yourself… And I was just making sure you were following me. Its easy for guests to get lost here.�

Tarlaka turned around again and walked into a room, within moments a rather large woman with a hard face came out and whispered something to Tarlaka, the bi-coloured haired female grinned for a moment then nodded. The commander gave the woman a nod and then looked towards the fellow who saw past her ‘illness’. So, while she mentally cursed at him, Tarlaka walked towards the guest wing, stopping before she walked far enough into the hall way, she turned around and looked at him.

�…How could you tell?�

With a critical eye, Tarlaka had looked at herself in the mirror to make sure nothing was amiss with the way she looked other than the usual things. Her odd headband thing wasn’t on, but that didn’t do much but keep her hair from her eyes. So, there she stood, her black wings contrasted with the gold and maroon coloured armour.

Anonymous

Myth saw her reaction and it was incredibly more intense then he was expected. Apparently she didn’t want anybody to know about her condition. Myth knew that some women, especially warriors like her, considered it a weakness instead of the gift that it was.  â€?I appreciate your concern Lord Mythador, but do not worry yourself… And I was just making sure you were following me. It’s easy for guests to get lost here.â€? Considering the reaction she was having Myth decided to drop the subject unless she brought it up again. Myth saw her walked into the room and walk out with who he assumed was the head maid. He followed her towards his quarters as he rehearsed what to tell the king when he met him.

â€?…How could you tell?â€? Myth smiled at the question. “I delivered all of my sister’s children as well as a few of my cousins. After a while there are some signs you learn to look for. If you look hard enough, it’s easy to tell when a woman is with child if you know what to look for. I started looking because of that dizzy spell you had.â€? Myth explained. He wasn’t sure whither to add that he was a healer and he was looking to see if she was ill with something he could treat. It was really something that he was the only person his sister trusted to deliver her children. Then again they were very close. His thoughts went back to his family. If he remembered correctly his brother was expecting their first and his youngest sister was getting married soon.

((Sorry That sucked, but It's 2:40 here))

Anonymous

While she stood there and hoped beyond all reason that none of the men could tell she was expecting. Tarlaka wanted to forget sometimes too, but the occational dizzy spell when she was wearing armour didn't help with he keeping it a deep dark secret.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Of course, it wouldn't be a secret forever, because sooner or later she'd have to either lock herself up in her own room, or wear a dress and give people heart attacks. after Mythador spoke Tarlaka nodded her head and went a little more into the hallway and opened the door, of course the room was out fitted with Adelan colours. Lowering her head, Tarlaka looked up and stepped out of the room, feeling very ashamed of herself. Her child would be a bastard.

"Here's your room Lord Mythador... Will you be staying until the kings return? Because it could be a long while before he comes back."

She didn't make eye contact with him, she didn't even look up. Tarlakas gloved hands clasped in front of her and her head was down. The tips of her ears were red which betrayed her flushed face which was pointing at the ground. Maybe getting into armour was a bad thing today, she'd finish off her rounds then get changed... the metal was getting heavy and she currently felt like falling against the doorjam and falling asleep.

((OOC: ..>_> Post ish done from school... So excuse any bad spelling errors XD))

Anonymous

Myth walked into the room after Tarlaka opened the door. The room was nicely done, but it was to rich for his taste. Ironically even as a prince he had simple taste. The colors also clashed a bit, but that was to be expected as it was done up in the royal colors. Myth approached the down mattress and placed his saddlebags on it before starting to turn towards Tarlaka.

"Here's your room Lord Mythador... Will you be staying until the king’s return? Because it could be a long while before he comes back." Myth nodded that this was so. He asked her “I have two requests to make if I can. First, can I have simpler quarters? Second if I am to be here a while I wish to help the castle.� He told her as he finished turning around. He looked and saw that she looked in very bad shape and about to pass out. “Sit down and take that armor off. It’s no good for either mother or child.� He commanded her as he moved closer and put his arm to her back. He started to lead her to the bed so she could sit down.

((Argh that sucked. sorry SPS.))

Anonymous

Simpler? Tarlaka blinked and just stared at him for a moment, her features tellling of her confusion at the statement. Why would he want simpler? The only simple that there was would be the soldiers quarters, but that was no place for a guest. Tarlaka gave him a simple smile and then shook her head, she'd tell him this was as simple as it will get for him.

"I'm sorry Lord Mythador but this is as simple at it will get... The rest are soldier quarters and for maids... You'll just had to sleep and bathe here... "

Tarlaka looked at him while he talked about his agreement and she almost fell over. An elvish prince wanted to help out a castle full of humans? She blinked a few times and then did her best to hide her condition but of course, he saw through it. Tarlaka was very close to growling at him, and she did her best to wiggle away from his arm which was behind her back and pushing her towards the bed to sit down and take off the armor.

"No, I cannot... I'm on duty... But I assure you I'll take off my armor when I'm done my rounds... I've taken to much time off already."

She openend and closed her wings while trying to keep her balance and keep from hitting him by accident  with the black feathers.

Anonymous

"I'm sorry Lord Mythador but this is as simple at it will get... The rest are soldier quarters and for maids... You'll just have to sleep and bathe here... " Myth smiled when she said that. “I would actually prefer soldier’s quarters. I may be a prince by blood, but I’m a soldier first and foremost.�

Myth backed off when she flared her wings but got hit in the face anyway. "No, I cannot... I'm on duty... But I assure you I'll take off my armor when I'm done my rounds... I've taken to much time off already." “Surely you have a second who could take over. If that is too much to ask, at least take off the armor. It will do the baby no good. You can do your rounds just as well in a dress as in armor.� Myth told her. He shook his head as he thought of how much she reminded him of his sister. His sister is also a warrior and was the same way with her first.

Myth turned to his saddle bags and pulled out a grayish green wrapped bundle.  Unwrapping it revealed it to be a very fine sword wrapped in a peerless cloak. He reached in again and pulled out what look like liquid metal. He shook it out to reveal a   hauberk of the very best elven chain mail. He put on the armor and cloak then buckled his sword belt on. It was only about half of his clothes, but it would do for now. “I meant what I said about helping. I was never comfortable under somebody’s else’s roof if I did not do my part somehow.â€?

Anonymous

Tarlaka moved away from the moon elf and glared at him slightly. He was very pushy, Prince or no Prince. She glowered at him for a moment when he said he’d prefer the soldiers quarters, like she’d let him sleep there, Tarlaka decided she’d say it’s to bad for him because this was his room. It wouldn’t do to embarrass the head maid when she saw that an important guest was sleeping with the soldiers, Tarlaka placed a hand on her hip and looked at him, her expression stern and it was clear she was holding steady on this matter.

�This is going to be your room for the stay, whether you like it or not. As a guest, you are not permitted in the soldier’s quarters. “

Again with the baby. It was rather obvious that Tarlaka wasn’t keeping it for herself, at least, she thought so. The fact she was wearing such constricting armor was for two reasons, so no one noticed unless they assumed things and she, unfortunately, jumped to it like stating it on a platter with a little note attached. Her eyebrows drew together and she looked down at her abdomen again, this sucked. Tarlaka was within temper tantrum range, but because of her training, even though the official training was probably less than the trainees had. The moment she’d get to her room, she would be sure to rip out a few feathers and destroy a pillow or two, closing her eyes for a moment, the muscles in her jaw worked while she took a deep breath. Tarlaka listened while he went on about being uncomfortable being under someone else’s rood and not doing anything, the commander resisted the urge to roll her eyes and walk away.

�I need not discuss my… condition with you… And in these lands, unless I’m dressed like a knight those <I>men</I> give me no respect. I suppose you can follow me while I finish off the rounds… two birds with one stone.�

With a dismissive nod, Tarlaka started to walk out of the room, pressing a hand to her abdomen and closing her eyes while she walked out. Quickly suppressing the other dizzy spell, she looked at him again waiting at the door, ready to go about on her rounds again if whether he came or not.

Anonymous

Myth nodded when she denied him to sleep in the soldier’s quarters. He would probably have to find and inn later so he could be comfortable. He disliked the fancy quarters but he could understand why she wouldn’t want a stranger to sleep with the soldiers. It look liked he was going to have to grab hold of a soldiers uniform later so he mix with them. That was the best source of information about a king he had found out back home.

He saw her about to lose her temper and decided to drop the subject of the baby for the time being. He was confused though why she seemed so against the baby. Surely even a country at their level of development had ways to shed the baby if necessary. His own people had magic to prevent unwanted pregnancies to begin with and it work rather well.

Myth secured his moonblade to make sure it was sitting properly on his sword belt and joined her in the hallway. The sword was the finest workmanship possible. Its blade was the finest elven steel, able to cleave near anything, and enchanted and inscribed with several Old High Elvish runes. The hilt had just been rewrapped with virgin hide and a moonstone was set into it. The scabbard was embellished with both the moonflower, the symbol of the Royal family, and the moonshadow which was his own small branch.

He stayed at her side as she walked down the hall. He decided to take a stab at conversation. “I don’t know what you have against me. I am just a simple warrior, pure and simple. I may be royalty, but I hate the fact and avoid it whenever I can. That’s a trait me and my sister Elana share in common. You know you remind me a lot of her. She is a warrior, just like you.�

Anonymous

Tarlaka really didn’t see the big deal about sleeping in the guest quarters, which were actually comfortable. Okay, so the colours were bright and not the best things to wake up to, but that wasn’t the point of it, Tarlaka pursed her lips and send him a slight glare which he’d probably catch since it was there for more than half a second, and she knew that her own vision, which is only half-Elvin, would probably see it. It helped when she was teaching a lesson and which students to pin for the next demonstration.

Pushing the blue hair over ear and looked over her shoulder while he set up his sword. It was rather lovely, while hers were hand-me-downs from her elder brother, so while they didn’t look awesome beyond all reason, they did their job and that’s all she cared about… Tarlaka shook her head for a moment, banishing the images of her own brother while looking at the sapphire haired fellow. He was certainly interesting enough to look at, her eyes once again looked him over, probably summing him up against Denkou. Tarlaka huffed and ran her hand over the hilt of her sword for a moment, before she knew it she was walking and he was beside her, even though it was an inch, Tarlaka didn’t like being shorter than someone. Unfortunately his statement caught her off guard and she looked at him, confused for a moment.

�I have nothing against you lord Mythador, besides you pushing your nose into things I don’t want to think about… I didn’t choose to get pregnant, but the person who happens to be the father would like the child so, I’ll have it and give it to him… and I can’t believe I just told you that.�

This of course made her hang her head and slap her forehead while she was at it. Stupid other elves, making her talk, apparently being around other pointed eared elfish had made her loose lipped and she glared at her feet for a moment, shaking her head.  Stupid males. Bah. Her eyes flicked over to him again and she lowered them at the mention of her reminding him of his sister, ha, lucky her.

�Not getting homesick, are we?�

Anonymous

Myth chuckled when she slapped her forehead. “I have that effect on people I’m told. It’s one of the qualities that make me a good spy.� He told her as he thought about what she said. He was starting to like this unknown father more and more. He decided to tell her about the spy part so she would open up a bit. The things he did for his people surpised him sometimes. He smiled when she asked him if he was getting homesick. “I am a little homesick. Evereska is a beautiful city full of many wonders. I miss my family the most, especially Elana. We were born on the same day. I don’t what it is like with your people, but among the Moon Elves, twins are very close in more then one way. That’s one reason why I delivered her children.� Myth told her.

He considered again how much she reminded him of her. “You two are near identical. Me and her are both what are called Bladesingers. That means we skilled with both swordplay and Art.� He explained to her, using the Elven word for magic. “I am better then her in swordplay by a hair and in tactics, but she is better then me in both Art and archery. I command the Heart Guard which protects the palace and the Longwatch, which is the militia. She commands the Spell Guard and the Mystic Shafts, the arcane archers of our land.� He told her, naming the elite archers with the ability to imbue magic onto their arrows.

Rhindeer

Walking through the ornate castle halls, Jeya couldn't help but stare at the lavish tapestries and expensive furnishings, though he tried his best not to allow his crimson eyes to widen. No matter how many times he'd been here, he still couldn't help it--not that he'd been here many times to begin with; maybe once or twice not counting now, and always with supervision. Just like now, with a full-fledged soldier escorting him. Mere trainees couldn't just waltz around the castle premises, after all! Jeya didn't mind that. In fact, he had a feeling that if he was left to do this on his own, he'd get lost and make a complete fool of himself. He'd already done enough of that in the past few hours, having only recently recovered from that temporary, hungover feeling that accompanied a mental attack. Yeah...barfing all over the place and passing out was not really the best way to make an impression in front of your peers...

Which was why he was here! No, not to sick-up, but to get extra help if possible. He wasn't so sure if that would be possible; the Captain, his instructor in swordplay, was a busy woman, and who knew how many student came to see her for assistance in their spare time.

...Not to mention since she was a rather attractive woman beyond that armor and uniform, if he said so himself, she probably had to deal with those idiot students that would try and use that as an excuse to hit on her. Pah. Dumbasses.

No, Jeya was serious about this. He was decent with a blade on his own, but around other people he got distracted. It wasn't because he couldn't focus on a single thing--it was all the renegade emotions that he couldn't yet protect himself from. If he knew how to create the block that other Empaths seemed able to do without even thinking, he'd have no problems at all, but as it was he felt like he was falling behind. He just couldn't count on ever figuring out how to shield his mind; until that happened, if it happened, well...he'd just have to learn to deal with it, desensitize himself to it. His only consolation was that he wasn't the only Empath having these sorts of problems; according to one of his other instructors, there were indeed others, and apparently those particularly strong in the ability tended to have difficulties in the area of forming a buffer for all the emotions that bombarded them on a regular basis. Apparently, there were other students that had it even harder than he did.

It was kinda reassuring.

In any case, extra instruction might just be able to help with that. And all without the pressures of a wider audience!

"She should be here somewhere...she makes her rounds about this time," he heard the soldier comment absently beside him, not bothering to mask the fact that he was bored,  as they walked the hallways, empty save for a scurrying servant or two. Well, then again, he probably did a good job of hiding the fact that he was bored from normal people...but to Jeya it was obvious. The man had only recently graduated from a trainee to a soldier, and he was probably pretty miffed that his first exciting duty thus far was to be Jeya's escort. Jeya could feel the annoyance radiating off of him in waves, even though his expression was smooth and composed.

Ah, whatever. Jeya shook his head slightly and pushed some short red and black hair behind an ear. The man could go back to his exciting life as soon as he found Tarlaka. She certainly would be hard to miss. Jeya had always found those great black wings of hers intriguing...and now they would serve as a sort of landmark to the Captain. Heeey...that was an idea. To better help him ignore the soldier, he cast his eyes tothe ground, searching for any black feathers that might have fallen to use as a clue.

But that was when voices down one of the hallways caught his ear. And one of those voices was familiar.

Turning down the relevent hallway, sure enough, there was Tarlaka, blue bangs, black wings and all. And there was someone else with her, a man who had very light skin. The soldier directed Jeya off to the side to wait respectfully for them to get to a stopping point in their exchange; after all, their business wasn't pressing, and the other man looked a noble. They could wait.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Resisting the urge to roll her eyes again, all the males were the same. Give them a slight compliment that wasn’t even supposed to be one, and they take it and walk a mile trying to impress you. Myth certainly was and Tarlaka wanted to walk into a wall and pass out for the sheer joy of passing out to get away from having to show around a guest. No, not showing around a guest, doing rounds with a guest following her, hopefully she wouldn’t run into any students looking for ‘extra’ lessons whom she knew to be rather good already. Flicker her blue eyes towards the other elfs again, she slightly glared at him, bah. Males. Taking a few more steps down the hall, the paler of the two began to talk again and she looked at him for a moment. Great, now she reminded him of someone, and she really wished he’d stop talking about having babies, unlike most expecting women, Tarlaka wasn’t looking forward to actually having the thing. What people don’t seem to see in her is that she isn’t that great of a person at all.

�I’m only the commander… And I teacher sword play to the trainees who are learning to be soldiers… Most of them are orphans from the city, but a few of there are here because it’s a family tradition… And I believe one of the trainees is behind us now.�

For once, Tarlaka was glad she had pointed ears and a better hearing range than normal people, otherwise she would have gone on and not noticed them. Twitching a wing slightly a half-smile washed over her face at the sight of Jeya, one of the few students she actually liked because he didn’t hound and only came for help when he needed it and not to look at her butt. The down side to being only a year above twenty, while most of the students were in their late teens, she was meat and the males were a pack of rabid wolves, Tarlaka was afraid that if she wasn’t a commander and a teacher, she’d been groped a few times by now. With a slight nod of her head towards Mythador, Tarlaka walked towards Jeya and stood there for a moment, looking at the soldier for a moment before turning her eyes back to her student.

�Jeya, what a lovely surprise, we missed you today in class… But one of your classmen told me you were ill… I trust that you’re better?�

Finnally someone whos tongue she didn’t want to rip out! Remembering Myth, Tarlaka nodded again to the soldier in dismissal and placed a hand on Jeyas lower back, pushing him along with her towards Myth. Feeling rather short between the two males, which made her mood darken more.

�Lord Mythador, this is a student of mine, Jeya… I believe he’s come to ask for help… So you might have to follow us to where we usually do the lesson… I hope you don’t mind..�

Tarlaka stopped for a moment and looked sideways at Mythador, not really caring if he wanted to come or not. Sure guests were supposed to be put before anything else really, but, sheesh, Tarlaka didn’t think so, what use was showing around someone who wanted to talk to the king and brush off a future possible knight? Smiling slightly, though it was forced, she waited for the answers.

Anonymous

Myth shook her head when she called him Lord again. "What did I say about the titles? I perfer Myth, but if that is to hard, just call me Mythador. And of course I don't mind." He told her before extending his arm to the boy. "Well met Jeya, was it?" Myth took a close look at teh boy. Unlike most of The People, Myth had a rare skill. It was known as mage sight and it allowed him to  see magical aruas around mages and enchanted items. The Moon Elf saw a glow around Jeya but there was something odd about it. It didn't have teh mark of a mage in it. He tought for a moment then remembered something he learned decades ago while he was being trained in his gift. "Are you a Psion?" he asked, that being the best explanation.

Rhindeer

Jeya straightened in surprise as Tarlaka noticed him, having thought himself quiet. But then she smiled, and he offered a small, polite smile in return as she approached. "Yeah...sorry...I'm fine now, ma'am," he told her, deciding to stem the details. Noo, she didn't need to know why he was sick. And hopefully his classmate hadn't given any details, either. It was embarrassing...

Glancing at the soldier as he was dismissed, he turned and was about to explain to Tarlaka why he was here, but she started pushing him along until he was standing before the other man. Tarlaka might have felt awkward for being between two taller males, but Jeya felt a little awkward for being in this castle among two high ranking people--obviously, the other elf was nobility of some sort by his dress. After coming from a modest home out in the...less classy part of the city, he still always felt somewhat out of place in fancy settings.

He nodded as he was introduced to the man--a lord, he knew he was high ranking!--and gave a look toward Tarlaka as she said the man would have to follow them while he and Tarlaka had a lesson. What...? Didn't she have business with him, though? Gah...he didn't want to interrupt...it wasn't that important, really...

He opened his mouth to say just that, but Lord Mythador spoke first.

"A Psion? Wha?" Jeya blurted without meaning to, blinking at the question and quite clearly taken aback. How did...? No one ever knew what he was unless he told them, or unless they were one themself! And while the elf's guess was a little off the mark, it was still close enough to surprise Jeya. Shaking his head, he cleared his throat and corrected himself. "No...not exactly a Psion, sir. I'm an Empath; I can feel other people's emotions." Intensely, as a matter of fact...so much so that a rather strong surge could be crippling. He didn't have any issues with admitting this, either; some people could get uncomfortable when he told them about his ability...probably thought he was invading their privacy. But, eh, he figured if that was the case, it was only fair to give a warning...so that he didn't feel like he was snooping, either.

Not to mention it did make acquiring a soldier's attitude difficult. It was hard to fight with someone when you could all too easily see things--well, feel them--from the other person's perspective. Or, even worse...it was difficult to fight against someone who came across as unwilling...or scared. He'd never gone into a real battle before, but where he'd come from, he hadn't even been able to kill goats for supper. Not even chickens. He couldn't even be around when the slaughtering was taking place. The terror that emanated from the animals, the sheer helplessness that descended as their life was ended...it was enough to make him vomit. If the emotion was strong enough, it could feel like it was actually he that was experiencing it. That they were actually his emotions, and not the separate emotions of someone else.

That, overall, made for one gentle, if somewhat distant and wary, demeanor. For pretty obvious reasons.

That would be troublesome on the battlefront...

Well...one consolation was that it hadn't been his choice to join the military. It had, technically...but then again, choosing to do something because you had no other available options wasn't all that much of a choice. Not that he was bitter or anything; this was a better life than what he'd known before, and for that he was forever grateful.

"How'd ya know?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Myth blinked when the young soldier told him that he was a Empath. That was unusal for a soldier to have that ability. As one of te hPeople, Myth had a similar ability, but only with an Elf he knew particularly well. The fact that the lad followed the poffesion that he did spoke much about the detirmination and sense of duty. Myth found himself likeing the student already. "No need for the sir. Like I just told your commander I perfer Myth. And as for how I know. I have a very rare gift known as magesight. It allows me to see magicial aruas around people and iteams, sometimes even places. Normally the arua's are signs of the Art, but the one surronding you is different." Myth explained ot him. He wondered if the boy knew how to use his gift to his full advantage. "If Lady Tarlaka has no objections, I would wish to help you train myself." the prince offered.