Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I swear to drunk I'm not God. [Glooob!] [m]

Started by Rhindeer, April 21, 2016, 08:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"My tab."

Oh, Faris was drunk. But those words brought her back--and made her remember their wager. Her hefty tab would be covered if she won! But she'd sorely lost.

"Oh shiiiiiit," she groaned, slapping a hand over her eyes. "I don't even wanna see it!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"You won't have to," Elaros chuckled, and he offered her his hand.

"I'm paying it, remember?"

Rhindeer

"Wait. Ya are?" Faris squinted her eyes at him. "But...you won? I think? Did I win? What the hell just happened."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Our terms," Elaros said, and he tilted his head at her.

"Regardless of whether you won or lost, I would pay your tab. Since I won, you owe me a favor."

He smiled warmly.

"And that favor is that you drink with me."

Rhindeer

"OH! REALLY?" Relief flashed through Faris's eyes and she let out a laugh and took his hand.

"NICE! Haha! I totally forgot! Well, that just made my night, lemme tell ya! Man. You're a real standup lizard guy, ya know that?

DaGlobster

"What's the point of having wealth if I don't spend it?" Elaros said, and he continued to hold her hand as she stood up. He started walking her to his booth.

"Drink much wine, Faris?"

Rhindeer

It was a good thing he had her hand, because once Faris stood up and started walking, she realized she was waaay more drunk than she realized. She stumbled, swaying unsteadily, and nearly toppled right into him as she followed along. Luckily, she managed to keep her feet just long enough to topple into her seat at Elaros's booth, laughing all the while even as her vision swam.

"Pahaha, I drink whatever, really! Wine's great, yeah!"

DaGlobster

"Let me treat you, then," Elaros said, arm on the backrest of the booth.

He flagged down the waitress, and she promptly came over.

"Give me two cups of amontillado, please. And give that group of guards over there a round of stout on me."

The waitress nodded, and she went elsewhere.

Elaros looked to Faris.

"You know, this tavern has the best amontillado in Essyrn."

Rhindeer

"Amonty-wha? Haha, I can't even bloody pronounce it right now so if MUST be good," Faris said with a laugh.

DaGlobster

"It's a dry wine," Elaros said. He sipped from his ale.

"Aged extra-long."

Rhindeer

"Well then, shoot, bring it on! I'm open to new stuff and experiences and whatever," Faris said as she reclined in her seat.

"As if I need anymore. Pfffft. Good thing I got tomorrow off!"

DaGlobster

Elaros laughed at Faris' words, relating to that feeling of getting as messed up as possible before an off day. Then again, when wasn't Elaros getting messed up?

He scooted a bit closer to Faris, and gave her a warm smile.

"How long have you been in the guard?"

Rhindeer

"Uhhh, like, um...one, two..." Faris had to pause and think about that, way too drunk for math, and ticked off the years on her fingers.

She flashed both hands at Elaros. "Eight years? Roughly. Joined up when I was sixteen-ish! Didn't go to full guard right away, of course. Hadda be mentored and learn the ropes and all that first. But a long time!"

Cocking her head, she lifted a brow. "How long ya been...uh..." She squinted. "What's it you do again?"

DaGlobster

Elaros nodded, raising his eyebrow at the impressive number of years under her belt. He brought his arm a bit closer, so that it sat closer around her on the backrest.

"I design jewelry for nobility and royalty all over the continent. The Shah herself owns several of my pieces," Elaros said, putting a hand to his chest rather proudly.

Rhindeer

"Whoa, really? Damn, man, that's pretty danged impressive!" Faris said, staring up at him with wide, impressed eyes.

"So you've gotten to like...MEET the Shah? Oh man, lucky. She's awful pretty."

DaGlobster

"She is," Elaros said. He looked down at Faris.

"You're quite the looker as well, Faris," he added.

The wench brought in a dark bottle and two glasses. The make of the bottle was smooth, with a velvety parchment label.

Elaros picked up the bottle, expertly removing the cork with his claws. He poured them both a glass of the seductively dark wine. He smiled.

"Definitely the most attractive guard I've ever seen."

Rhindeer

"Haaaah, now I know that's the alcohol talkin" Faris said with a laugh. "It's okay! Alcohol's talking for me, too. Like you're some sort of lizard man but right now you look like...damn. You know? I'm not drunk enough to know I don't have my alcohol vision on, I'm just too drunk to care."

Oh, if her family only knew, they would have her flogged. They still believed their unwed daughter to be chaste and responsible and definitely not the sort to get shit-faced in a filthy tavern and lose money gambling. Wishful thinking, really, for they knew the sort of company guards kept, considering they wee a military household, and the sort of company she would therefore be keeping. But they viewed their sweet Faris as above all that. Seytil-like, really.

A little abruptly and drunkenly paranoid as those intrusive thoughts struck, Faris stopped and snuck a quick glance outside the booth as though afraid one of her brothers might decide to visit this very same tavern. But they were all on patrol today (she was careful enough to know their schedules!) and it was just her squad filling the room.

She'd made sure she was assigned a troop that didn't have any family members.

She reached out and took a sip of the wine. "Man. This shit tastes like rainbows."

DaGlobster

Elaros smiled at Faris when she complimented him. She certainly had an interesting view of things, what with the fact that she openly acknowledged she didn't care.

"It's my favorite kind of wine," Elaros said, motioning to the bottle.

"Unfortunately, I don't think they make it in Essyrn. It's an import from Connlaoth, I believe."

He watched her glance about, curious as to what could have someone who supposedly didn't care that jumpy. However, he ignored the issue, and instead brought it back to something from before.

"I don't often hear myself described as... damn," Elaros repeated, smirking a bit as his addled mind took amusement in the adjective.

"It can't be my face, can it?" He asked, although his tone was decidedly playful.

Rhindeer

Faris gave him the most thoughtful, squinty look she could give him while drunk, considering her vision was all blurry. She hadn't been kidding about the drunken vision--she was literally drunk to the point of being visually impaired. He swam in her vision, fuzzy and blurred at the edges and vaguely reptilian but also human enough like one of those old spirits that had animal heads but human bodies. Attractive human bodies. They were always so damned built. Was it weird that was kind of attractive?

"It's your...your...damn!" Faris said, waving him over, unable to find the word she was looking for. "You know?"

DaGlobster

Elaros nodded, as if he understood. He took another sip of his wine, and adjusted his tail on the seat. He gave Faris a smile.

"Well, I can definitely say that you yourself have a certain... damn as well," he said, chuckling a bit.

"It's a shame that you have to hide under all that armor..."

Tags: