Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Plot Thread For: The Adela Dragon Conflict [AKA: Darkened Skies]

Started by Codex, April 27, 2016, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egoistic

Character Name: Avasi
Species: A form of corporeal apparition
Desired Position: Unaligned with possibility to take a side during the conflict
IC (In Character) Ambitions: As a recent re-addition to the currently living creatures, Avasi is curious to catch up on what was missed over over the long years of slumber/non-existence, however you put it. This one's intentions are to watch and record the current events, whilst finding ways to preserve knowledge and cultures, as well as potentially uncover lost knowledge. Avasi is not an unfeeling entity, however, and can be potentially convinced to aid one side or another, either temporarily or permanently, through solid arguments - some destruction is natural, though on grand scale? Definitely not.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I'm interested in involving this character into something of a grander scale. While Avasi's initial position is that of an impartial spectator, I don't expect it to remain the same throughout the entire conflict. Perhaps this one could grow to be more compassionate towards one side or another during the conflict and due inherent preternatural abilities, as well as alchemical and otherwise knowledge tip the scales further to one side's favor.

Thorok

Character Name: Valtharok, Crag-Warden

Species: Dragon

Desired Position: Protagonist

IC (In Character) Ambitions: To extinguish the evil Nevira bears, as well as all who side with her.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I wanna help even the odds a bit :P

Fukurou

Character Name: Zaryn
Species: X'zyri
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Even though he "lives" in Essyrn, Zaryn's been known to wander about. I'm sure he'll hear about the dragon conflict either through the grapevine or through Rylzyr. He gets bored pretty easily, so he'll want to check it out, especially if his cousin is involved. lol
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I'm honestly just looking for more excuses to get the two cousins (Rylzyr and Zaryn) to interact with each other more since they're such great foils. They also have a very.... interesting relationship. While they may seem like the best of buds on the outside, they have a few issues. Old scars run deep, ya know. So yeah, maybe a big bad world-changing event can help them sort that out.
Also, he's really good at lightening the mood. ^.^

You had to see it

Character Name: Faustus Moore
Species:Human
Desired Position: Antagonist
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Seeing that a full scale war of possibly genocidal proportions is taking place, Faustus thinks it to be a wonderful opportunity to install himself as leader of Adela after everyone's dead. In order to do this, he plans on joining the voidworm and helping cause as much death as possible before betraying her at the appropriate time.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I thought it would be interesting to have an opportunistic traitor interact with an force made up of mostly idealists.I feel like he could play the role of a starscream like character(but less pathetic and more useful).

Fukurou

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey fam-slam, it's your friendly neighborhood owl here to tell you about a few things!

First off, we have a few new mods. Congratulations to... meeee! (Oh, and to @Egoistic Waffle and @Heretic King luv u bbies <3  :-* ) We'll be lurking around, making sure everything's running smoothly, answering questions, punishing the law-breakers, and stuff. Ya know, normal moderator duties. So yeah, that's a thing.

I'd also suggest that you guys re-read the post about the lore 'cause our wonderful Violet added some pretty neat stuff to it!

Now, on to the plot.

Pretty soon, Vaia will be reviving the Mithril Fire! Together, they'll fight Nevira under one banner!
Well, eventually.
What we want to do pretty soon is to start little side-quests. These will be ran either by us mods or by you guys. They'll consist of little things that will help to further either Nevira or the Mithril Fire's cause such as: Mithril Fire sending such and such characters out to take out one of Nevira's outposts or Nevira sending one of her lackeys to assassinate a Mithril Fire Official. Stuff like that. If any of you've played Dragon Age Inquisition, you'll kind of know what to expect from this. We're always up for ideas on little side missions, so please don't be afraid to throw them out there! There's no such thing as a dumb idea! ^.^

EDIT: I wanted to add one more thing! We have a little chat group going on in Discord! Please check it out and feel free to use it. There's a link to it at the top of the page (it says "Discord chat server").

Happy writing!

Fukurou

Also, after re-reading some of the posts... @KingTyrant do you still want to do that rebellion thread? I would like to throw Wynn in there. It'd be a great way to introduce her to the plot. Does @Pegasus_Milk want to get involved with this? Like Tyrant said, you could have Baia start it up. Of course, we can have more people join.

That's unless @Legit Violet has something else planned.

Codex

Quote from: Xavier_ on August 11, 2016, 03:32:20 PM
Character Name: Xavier
Species: Human
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Revenge. Fuck those people that ostracized him simply because of his lineage.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: First event, seems interesting. Fight with dragons and shit.

Quote from: Thorok on August 11, 2016, 04:29:06 PM
Character Name:
Mazaloth the Hellworm

Species:
Dragon

Desired Position:
Antagonist/Unaligned

IC (In Character) Ambitions:
To gain respect from the mightier dragon, that he may be ignored by such a creature who happens to be mroe powerful than him, since he can't defeat her.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions:
Want some character growth for my characters ^^

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=21187.0

^ Link to my character!

Quote from: Egoistic Waffle on August 12, 2016, 07:40:29 AM
Character Name: Avasi
Species: A form of corporeal apparition
Desired Position: Unaligned with possibility to take a side during the conflict
IC (In Character) Ambitions: As a recent re-addition to the currently living creatures, Avasi is curious to catch up on what was missed over over the long years of slumber/non-existence, however you put it. This one's intentions are to watch and record the current events, whilst finding ways to preserve knowledge and cultures, as well as potentially uncover lost knowledge. Avasi is not an unfeeling entity, however, and can be potentially convinced to aid one side or another, either temporarily or permanently, through solid arguments - some destruction is natural, though on grand scale? Definitely not.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I'm interested in involving this character into something of a grander scale. While Avasi's initial position is that of an impartial spectator, I don't expect it to remain the same throughout the entire conflict. Perhaps this one could grow to be more compassionate towards one side or another during the conflict and due inherent preternatural abilities, as well as alchemical and otherwise knowledge tip the scales further to one side's favor.

Quote from: Thorok on August 12, 2016, 07:59:03 AM
Character Name: Valtharok, Crag-Warden

Species: Dragon

IC (In Character) Ambitions: To extinguish the evil Nevira bears, as well as all who side with her.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I wanna help even the odds a bit :P

Quote from: Fukurou on August 12, 2016, 01:01:03 PM
Character Name: Zaryn
Species: X'zyri
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Even though he "lives" in Essyrn, Zaryn's been known to wander about. I'm sure he'll hear about the dragon conflict either through the grapevine or through Rylzyr. He gets bored pretty easily, so he'll want to check it out, especially if his cousin is involved. lol
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I'm honestly just looking for more excuses to get the two cousins (Rylzyr and Zaryn) to interact with each other more since they're such great foils. They also have a very.... interesting relationship. While they may seem like the best of buds on the outside, they have a few issues. Old scars run deep, ya know. So yeah, maybe a big bad world-changing event can help them sort that out.
Also, he's really good at lightening the mood. ^.^

Quote from: You had to see it on August 12, 2016, 02:19:10 PM
Character Name: Faustus Moore
Species:Human
IC (In Character) Ambitions: Seeing that a full scale war of possibly genocidal proportions is taking place, Faustus thinks it to be a wonderful opportunity to install himself as leader of Adela after everyone's dead. In order to do this, he plans on joining the voidworm and helping cause as much death as possible before betraying her at the appropriate time.
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I thought it would be interesting to have an opportunistic traitor interact with an force made up of mostly idealists.I feel like he could play the role of a starscream like character(but less pathetic and more useful).

Phew! All approved!

KingTyrant

@Fukurou

I'd love to. Wynn is more than welcome. As well as Baia. I'd also like to get some more protagonists involved as well. Mainly to balance the thread out and have more characters being introduced to the plot. Plus, it'd be great advertisement. Ketra is a huge board.

Fukurou

Wonderful! We might use @Thorok 's Mazaloth to start the destruction (if he's okay with it). If Baia's player isn't available or doesn't want to role, Mazaloth works just fine. Otherwise, she can be a catalyst for this event as well! I think @Egoistic Waffle 's Avasi would be great for this event as well.

All others are welcome! We want to get this event going pretty soon, so please let us know ASAP. Of course, if you character misses out on this thread, there will be other opportunities.

Also! Please keep the ideas coming! :D

Ice

Character Name: Della Darkfeather
Species: Dragon \Raven
IC (In Character) Ambitions: probably just power and the want to kill humans
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I thought I might be fun to throw this one in to a conflict see how she reacts

Here's her link

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19111.msg245938#msg245938

Fukurou

Quote from: Ice on August 14, 2016, 09:14:24 PM

Character Name: Della Darkfeather
Species: Dragon \Raven
IC (In Character) Ambitions: probably just power and the want to kill humans
OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I thought I might be fun to throw this one in to a conflict see how she reacts

Here's her link

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19111.msg245938#msg245938

Approved! :) Welcome to the plot!

Sheshia

I want to wait to finish up one of my threads I started with someone before I rp for this event (to many would make me confused lol) but any ideas that would help Sheshia get into the plot would be appreciated :)
(So hyped for this omg!)

Magyar

Character Name: Hvittraak Vaengi'Kalteinn
Species: Mountain Wyrm

IC (In Character) Ambitions: Hvittraak remembers an age long before Nevira was sealed under the Thunderblacks, and shares some of her views towards humans, but doesn't see the need in vast destruction and genocide. In his many years he has seen value in certain humanoids, and sees the extremism of Nevira's actions as rash and unfounded, not to mention contradictory to what she is supposed to be. He is furthermore enraged at her manipulation of once peaceful dragons to war, especially young ones who are easily influenced by the power of her position. He wishes to create peace among Dragonkin, and if violence is needed for that to happen, it shall be so.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I just really want to flesh out the character and reintegrate him, having been asleep for quite sometime. Draconic politics are something he has always been a part of, but I think his views towards humans and the fact that the event is partially human could be interesting. I can be as involved as necessary, whether that is barely at all or constantly.

@Legit Violet
@Heretic King
@Egoistic Waffle
@Fukurou

Magyar

@Legit Violet
@KingTyrant
@Fukurou

Perhaps there should be a congression of dragons, as Nevira wants to sway as many as possible to her side. If Hvit is accepted to the event, he watches the goings on of dragon kind intently and a mass gathering would grab his attention. It would grab a lot of Draconic attention to be fair. That way the dragons could know about the whole mumbo jumbo going on, and when the whole Razing of Ketra proceeds, the protagonist dragons (we precious few), could swoop in, and fight back, not only causing more destruction, but also really bringing the importance of this event site wide. If the admins approve it, a scorched and broken Ketra would change the map and thus the world a little bit. Makes it Connloath Civil War levels of change. But hey that's just plottering, right?

Codex

Quote from: Magyar on August 21, 2016, 06:58:29 PM
Character Name: Hvittraak Vaengi'Kalteinn
Species: Mountain Wyrm

IC (In Character) Ambitions: Hvittraak remembers an age long before Nevira was sealed under the Thunderblacks, and shares some of her views towards humans, but doesn't see the need in vast destruction and genocide. In his many years he has seen value in certain humanoids, and sees the extremism of Nevira's actions as rash and unfounded, not to mention contradictory to what she is supposed to be. He is furthermore enraged at her manipulation of once peaceful dragons to war, especially young ones who are easily influenced by the power of her position. He wishes to create peace among Dragonkin, and if violence is needed for that to happen, it shall be so.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I just really want to flesh out the character and reintegrate him, having been asleep for quite sometime. Draconic politics are something he has always been a part of, but I think his views towards humans and the fact that the event is partially human could be interesting. I can be as involved as necessary, whether that is barely at all or constantly.

@Legit Violet
@Heretic King
@Egoistic Waffle
@Fukurou

Approved! Welcome to the plot!

Fukurou

Quote from: Magyar on August 22, 2016, 02:04:12 PM
@Legit Violet
@KingTyrant
@Fukurou

Perhaps there should be a congression of dragons, as Nevira wants to sway as many as possible to her side. If Hvit is accepted to the event, he watches the goings on of dragon kind intently and a mass gathering would grab his attention. It would grab a lot of Draconic attention to be fair. That way the dragons could know about the whole mumbo jumbo going on, and when the whole Razing of Ketra proceeds, the protagonist dragons (we precious few), could swoop in, and fight back, not only causing more destruction, but also really bringing the importance of this event site wide. If the admins approve it, a scorched and broken Ketra would change the map and thus the world a little bit. Makes it Connloath Civil War levels of change. But hey that's just plottering, right?

I like this idea! But what I really like is the idea of destroying Ketra, even if it's just partially. Regardless of whether or not we roll with this specific idea, I think it would be neat to do that at some point, so long as the official admins approve.

What do you think, @Legit Violet ?

Magyar

Character Name: Aohdei
Species: Roszellehm
Desired Position: Unwilling Protagonist

IC (In Character) Ambitions: Aohdei at this point in the timeline knows Rylzyr well, having spent considerable travel time with him. After he completes his southward bound quest, earlier in this timeline, he still walks the earth in flesh, albeit much more free to use his powers (I suggest you read the character profile first) but much of the same rules still apply. He was visiting Rylzyr, when he heard he was in Ketra. Upon arrival he sees the scenario, he sees the immediate danger around his friend the Scholar, and wants to back him up the way Rylzyr has for him in the past, but doesn't care too much for humans, juxtaposing him. He couldn't care less if the humans die or not, just as Nevira doesn't care about the goings on of demons. Ultimately he sides against the dragons, but doesn't really want to save humans either. He's really doing it for Rylzyr.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I just want to throw him in there late game, and use this character as a side one. My main event character is Hvit, but two characters ensures that if one isn't able to attend somewhere or help shape something, another can. Also the pre established relationships between Rylzyr, Aohdei, Mortum and Sheshia, all players in the event, seems like it could play out funnily.

@Legit Violet
@Heretic King
@Egoistic Waffle
@Fukurou

Fukurou

Quote from: Magyar on August 25, 2016, 09:28:18 PM
Character Name: Aohdei
Species: Roszellehm
Desired Position: Unwilling Protagonist

IC (In Character) Ambitions: Aohdei at this point in the timeline knows Rylzyr well, having spent considerable travel time with him. After he completes his southward bound quest, earlier in this timeline, he still walks the earth in flesh, albeit much more free to use his powers (I suggest you read the character profile first) but much of the same rules still apply. He was visiting Rylzyr, when he heard he was in Ketra. Upon arrival he sees the scenario, he sees the immediate danger around his friend the Scholar, and wants to back him up the way Rylzyr has for him in the past, but doesn't care too much for humans, juxtaposing him. He couldn't care less if the humans die or not, just as Nevira doesn't care about the goings on of demons. Ultimately he sides against the dragons, but doesn't really want to save humans either. He's really doing it for Rylzyr.

OOC (Out Of Character) Ambitions: I just want to throw him in there late game, and use this character as a side one. My main event character is Hvit, but two characters ensures that if one isn't able to attend somewhere or help shape something, another can. Also the pre established relationships between Rylzyr, Aohdei, Mortum and Sheshia, all players in the event, seems like it could play out funnily.

@Legit Violet
@Heretic King
@Egoistic Waffle
@Fukurou

Approved!!! I really like this idea!

KingTyrant

Alright... We're ready to go as far as the Ketra idea is concerned.

Protagonists:
@KingTyrant as Tri Greysteel
@Fukurou as Wynnifred

Antagonists:
@Pegasus_Milk as Baia
@Thorok as Mazaloth

I've PMed everyone about the idea, and I think we're all set. If I missed anyone, speak now. I have the memory of a goldfish. Lol

You had to see it