Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

Started by DragonSong, May 02, 2016, 10:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Um. Yeah. I just-"

Aly's voice cut off in a soft cry as the heat suddenly seemed to surge through her body. She staggered back a few steps, wrapping her arms around her middle with a whimper.

Fukurou

"Woah woah! Uh.." Zaryn tentatively grabbed her shoulders in attempt to comfort her and frantically looked around the clearing. Holy shit! Holy shit! What do I do?!

"Um, water! Do you need water? Are you okay? Oh no... what do I do?"

DragonSong

"Get- get back!"

She was barely able to get the warning out before fire seemed to rip through her veins. The feeling was unfortunately familiar, as was the twisting, burning, stretching feeling in her bones and muscles.

In just a few seconds, Ally was a dragon again. Her head hung low and she panted desperately, eyes clenched shut.

Fukurou

Zaryn dove away as the sound of cracking bones and tearing flesh filled the air. He looked up and was faced once again with the dragon.

"Well, shit." He gaped up at Ally, unable to wrangle his thoughts into something meaningful.

DragonSong

With a low groan the dragoness felt her legs give out and she collapsed with a thud.

"My thoughts...exactly," she panted out. Ally twisted her head to glare at the circle she'd made. What could possibly have gone wrong this time?

Fukurou

Zaryn furrowed his eyebrows, moving closer to the dragon. "I... hm... maybe I missed a detail?" He bit his lip in a contemplative manner and shook his head. "I don't know what to do."

DragonSong

Ally shook her head slowly. "No... No I don't think it was your fault." She sighed and cast another baleful look at her circle. "The spell that changed me was experimental anyway, this was a long shot. Maybe the...cure was only temporary."

She suddenly found herself in the verge of tears and squeezed her eyes shut, sniffling. Dragons shouldn't cry- it looked ridiculous.

Fukurou

"Oh no. Please don't cry." With a look riddled in sympathy, Zaryn patted the dragon on top of her scaly head. His gesture of comfort was awkward yet genuine. "It'll be okay. We'll get your human body back. I promise. I'll do whatever it takes."

DragonSong

Sniffling, she glanced up at him with wide, rather teary eyes. "Wh-why are you helping me?" she asked thickly. "You don't even really know me..."

She wasn't objecting to the help, but she was a little confused by the motivation.

Fukurou

"Hm...." With a look of contemplation painting his face, Zaryn scratched the back of his head. He, too, wondered why he felt so invested in this one person's plight. Perhaps it was simply out of pity. "I guess I just feel too invested in this to do nothing." He shrugged. "So, I guess your lucky -- or unlucky. Heh." Zaryn face lit up as he gave her a cheeky smile. "Just don't fall too hard, ok," he said, giving her a teasing wink.

DragonSong

Ally snorted a jet of smoke at him- only partially unintentionally. "Yeah, yeah." She rolled her shoulders and stretched her wings with a sigh.

"I can't solve this on my own," she sighed after a moment. "I need a master alchemist- I just don't know where to look for one!"

Fukurou

Zaryn sighed and set his hands on his hips.  "A master alchemist..." He bit his lip and looked up and to the left, trying to recall any past interactions he may have had with an alchemist. "Hm... sorry," Zaryn said as he shook his head. "I don't think I know one..."

DragonSong

She sighed again. "I didn't think you would, really." Her head lifted slightly and she frowned at the sky, judging the position of the sun.

"I- I know some places in Arca. But they couldn't help me before, I don't see why anything would have changed." Ally glanced back at the circle she'd made. "Although they may at least be able to tell me what I did wrong..."

Fukurou

"Hm... Arca..." Zaryn rubbed his chin as he thoughtfully eyed the circle on the ground. "I've never been, but I've hear about it. It'd probably be the best place to start, honestly. But then again.... I'm no mage or alchemist."

DragonSong

Ally gave him a curious look. "I appreciate the offer of help, but you don't have to come with me if you don't want to."

Fukurou

Zaryn shrugged. "I mean, it might be interesting to check out a new place, but I'm afraid I won't be of much help. It's up to you, though."

DragonSong

She tilted her head, thinking it over. It would be nice to have some company, but she really didn't know all that much about him.

Then again, she was dragon (well, most of the time). She could defend herself if something happened, right?

She shuffled her wings in a shrug. "You're welcome to come along, if you like."

Fukurou

"Woo!" Zaryn pumped his first in the air, unable to contain his excitement. "Adventure!" He smiled at the dragon and crossed his arms. "So, when shall we take off?"

DragonSong

Ally chuckled, shuffling her wings. "Now, if you're ready to leave." She crouched down. "Hop on."

Fukurou

"Sweet!" Zaryn gathered his belongings and climbed onto the back of the dragon, holding onto her as best as he could. "Ready to go, sweetheart!"