Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Why is the Rum Always Gone? [M]

Started by DragonSong, May 06, 2016, 10:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She was steady enough on her feet, but it was slower going than she would have liked. The captain sighed quietly with relief at the sight of her bed and stumbled over to it, collapsing to sit on the edge.

"Damnit," she muttered, rubbing at her temples. Definitely a migraine coming on. "I need to get back out there-- Raven might be hurt, and Crag definitely fucked up his arm..."

The room sort of tilted around her and she scowled. She knew she needed rest, but she didn't want it.

DaGlobster

As she talked, Gar closed the door behind him and slowly walked towards her. He sat down next to her, a sympathetic but stern look on his features.

"No. Jus' rest," he said, and he put a hand on her collar to gently set her down on her back.

"Crag did fuck his arm up, and Raven's probably spooked and bruised to all hell, the poor lad," he murmured. Then, he shot her a grin.

"But you ain't the ship's doctor, so there ain't much you can do other than rest."

Then, after a moment's trepidation, he leaned in to give her a nice, slow kiss. When he pulled away, he stood up off the bed.

"I'll be back to check on ya in a few hours."

DragonSong

"Aye, but-- mmph." Her eyes widened slightly as he cut her off with a kiss. She pouted when he pulled away, narrowing her eyes.

"Fine," she muttered. "But you won't always be able to just pacify me with a kiss, y'know."

DaGlobster

"Yer right about that. But then I reckon I can pacify you with somethin' else," he said, shooting her a crass smile.

"I'll keep The Storm on her heading. Rest good, Izzy."

And with that, he tipped his hat to her and stepped out of her cabin.

DragonSong

"You complete arse," she chuckled, rolling onto her side and pulling a blanket haphazardly over herself.

She'd barely closed her eyes, when suddenly she was asleep.

DaGlobster

Gar reached the door, and turned around, intending to make some kind of comment about asses, but when he turned, he saw that she'd tuckered out. He smiled, and stepped out, gently closing the door behind him.

He stepped out to look over the deck, surveyed the crew, and then promptly started his usual yelling.

"Alright you sods, take her down to quarter sail. I want these decks clear of debris and that hole in the railing mended. I want the sails mended and the wounded brough below decks. Come on, get to it!"

And with his orders given, he motioned to the helmsman to keep the ship on its course and went about doing what he could on deck.

DragonSong

Isabeau slept long and deep-- so deep that when she woke, it seemed as if she'd just blinked, closed her eyes a brief moment and then woken up again.

She sat up with a yawn and a stretch, arching her back. She glanced out the porthole.

Gods almighty! It was sunset already!? Swearing colorfully, she scrambled out of bed and threw the door open, racing up onto the deck.

DaGlobster

When she ventured out onto the deck, she'd find that most of the damage from the storm was gone and fixed. Sails were mended and replaced, someone else was taking Raven's crowsnest duty, and the damaged railing was patched with wooden planks.

Gar was at the helm again, one hand gripping the wheel and keeping it steady while the other held a telescope. He lowered it from his face when he heard Izzy's door open, and she was greeted with a prompt "Captain on deck!" And then a more personal smile.

"Sleep good?" He asked as she approached.

DragonSong

She snorted. "Yeah, and too long. How we lookin', first mate?"

She glanced around, searching the crew for her injured men. "You but Raven and Crag belowdecks, right? We can just them patched up proper when we make shore in the morning."

DaGlobster

"We're lookijg good. Holes are patched, tears are stitched, and decks are swabbed. I gave Raven some time off of crow's nest duty, what with it bein' hard to climb up to the roost with his three sprained fingers."

He chuckled dryly to himself.

"Crag found a way to sprain his shoulder and dislocate his elbow, so he's helpin' the cook 'till he gets better. 'Part from that sour news, the new hires are pullin' their weight, at least. Don't got to yell at 'em as much."

DragonSong

"Good...that's good..." She was obviously still tired as she looked around the deck again, but she shook it off quickly enough and moved toward the helm. "I'll take the first night shift, then. You should grab an hour or so of shut eye, I'll need to talk to you about our plans for tomorrow once I'm off duty."

DaGlobster

Gar nodded at that, and promptly handed the helm over to Isabeau. He didn't want to show it, but he was tired to all hell. It was already a long day, but then tbe storm hit, and he'd been up ever since without even so much as sitting down to make sure The Storm was as fixed as it could be.

"Aye to that. I always appreciate a good sleep."

He grinned, but his tired eyes betrayed him. He pat Isabeau on the shoulder before heading down below decks. He didn't bunk with the rest of the sailors, not due to any pride or sense of superiority, but rather he was quite literally too large to share the tight bunkspaces with them. So, he had a hammock tied to the supports of the main mast and a sturdy cieling beam, close to the center of the ship. Of course, this also meant he bunked inside the gun deck, but there was something about the clinking of the cannonballs when the boat swayed that he found relaxing.

It also had the benefit of being almost always deserted, at least until the cannons were needed.

He laid in his hammock and almost immediately he wondered how he made it this far without falling asleep on the decks. Stripping out of everything save his underclothes, he dipped his hat low to cover his eyes and fell into a nice, deep snooze.

DragonSong

Isabeau, thankfully, didn't encounter anything too complicated during her shift, and when her hours were up she handed the helm off to the next sailor with less reluctantance than was typical. She was still tired.

Creeping below deck as softly as she could managed, she decided to take a shortcut through the gun deck...and maybe double check to make sure Gar was actually getting some sleep.

He seemed to be, thank goodness. She smiled tiredly and covered a yawn as she made to slip passed his hammock.

She hesitated suddenly, considering... Well, what harm could a few minutes do?

With the kind of grace one earned from years growing up running about a rocking ship, she climbed carefully into the hammock and let her body rest on top of his, closing her eyes with a soft sigh as her head pillowed on his chest.

She'd have to make sure she moved before any of the crew woke, but just for a few minutes...

DaGlobster

Gar stirred a bit, but even as she laid down on top of him, his giant nature and the fact that he was also a fairly heavy sleeper kept him from waking fully. He muttered something to himself in Ogrish, the brutish syllables mixing funnily with his sleepy, dreamy tone.

Then, he turned onto his side a little more, drawing an arm over his chest (and Isabeau) by extension.

DragonSong

Izzy smiled sleepily and cuddled into his bulk, nudging her head up under his chin and wrapping. Her arms as much around him as she could manage.

"G'night, big guy," she murmured tiredly trough a yawn.

DaGlobster

Of course, he couldn't respond, but he seemed to settle in that position, his hand drawing just a bit lower.

And then, he was still again.

DragonSong

The captain sighed and settled herself a little mor comfortably against him.

She was good at waking up when she needed to, sorry she could just sleep for a few hours?

She was still exhausted from her intensive use of magic. Unable to cling to consciousness any longer, she drifted into sleep.

DaGlobster

It was after a couple hours that Gar came to. He groaned a bit and shifted around, and it was with slowly returning lucidity that he registered a faint but familiar ticklish sensation on his throat. He tried to move his hand on his chest to see what that was, but immediately he felt a shirt, and when he looked down he saw none other than Isabeau tucked into him.

At first, he looked about, but when he saw the gun deck was still a ghost town, he relaxed a bit. He passed a hand along her back.

"Izzy. Izzyyyy."

DragonSong

“Mmph.” She fidgeted and turned her face into what she was fairly sure was a delightly warm pillow, not fully awake. “Fi’ more minutes...”

DaGlobster

Her words sent an odd form of nostalgia through Gar, but the last thing he wanted to do was imagine here as a little girl again. Blinking away the feeling, he grinned to himself and relaxed into his hammock again. His hand slid low, and he placed it right on her ass, giving it a gentle knead.