Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Dream

Started by DragonSong, May 13, 2016, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

@Draconian

She wasn't quite sure why she was here. Ainu was a bit off a trek from her home village, and she'd really only meant to be gone for a day or two gathering herbs and other shamanic supplies in the jungles.

Still, somehow Nani found herself wandering through the small port village, glancing around with smiles and nods for the people she saw. A few of the faces were familiar, but not enough for her to place names right away.

She seemed to have just been drawn here, somehow. And Nani was used to enough strange goings on that she didn't really question it, just followed the strange urge into Ainu, then down the beach to the docks.

Her eyes widened and she gave a low whistle. These foreigners really built some amazing things- these massive boats were nothing like the canoes her people used! A small smile twitched at her lips and she ruffled her wings delicately as she approached one vessel in particular, bare toes wiggling in the sand.

Here. Something was here, and it was- it was calling her. The dreamwalker suddenly paused, head snapping from side to side like a hound searching for a scent. She knew this feeling, she knew it. It was so familiar...like a half remembered dream...

Draconian

Cadreinth groaned loudly before he smooshed his palms to his eye sockets.

This was awful.

What was supposed to be a short trip down the coast turned into whatever the hell this was but thank the Gods that at least there was a port here which meant they could resupply and perhaps - maybe - at least make profit here.

The one time he went with his business men and they get thrown off course.

Deep breaths.

The man pushed his hand through his opal hair and rolled his shoulders, looking about the people.

It was odd that they had wings. How did they sleep? Did they get dirty? He frowned at himself, finding that the only probable thing they had to offer was wing-related before his eyes were caught by something.

Well, someone.

Just staring.

That was kinda weird.

"Uh... Miss?" He called, waving off his handlers before he wandered on over to the winged girl with the weird hair ( Pot calling kettle black ), "Yes. Hello," He gave a wave of his hand,blinking at how tall she was - his height - and then resting his hands on his hips. He was sweater, unwashed and no doubt he smelled like rotted something...

But at least he had a pretty face.

"I was wondering if you speak my language."

DragonSong

Nani's eyes widened as they man addressed her, her heart skipped a beat. Yes. This was it. This was what- who- she'd been looking for.

A sense of almost relief came over her and she smiled brightly, taking a few steps forward to meet him. Her brow furrowed a bit as she spoke. Her grasp of the common tongue was rudimentary at best.

"I speak...little," she offered slowly. "Talking- slow, please?" Then her smiled was back and she sort of bounced on the balls of her feet, wings fanning and then resettling against her back. "I am...for you, yes? Yes."

Draconian

"Uuuuh...."

Cadreinth looked over his shoulder and then slowly back to the girl.

"You're..." He frowned, "For me?" He pointed to himself, glancing over his shoulder for a moment before her cleared his throat and took a few steps back. "I... I'm sorry. Please tell me that doesn't mean what I think it means." He breathed, frowning. Not that she wasn't attractive but he wasn't here for that.

It would be quite the warm welcome though, no doubt about that.

DragonSong

"Yes!" Nani beamed and clapped her hands together. "For you, yes." She frowned when he seemed confused though. Had she said it wrong after all?

"I sorry. What...think it means? Oh!" Her eyes widened slightly and she flushed, placing her hands crossed over her heart. "Be...forgiving me. I am excited and forgot good ways. Manners."

Her smile was back and she stepped toward him to cup his face in her hands and press her nose to his, then rocked back on her heels. "I am Haunani, and I am for you."

Draconian

"Whoa," he took her wrists and backed away from the girl, disliking how tall she was mostly because it meant he couldnt jerk his head back with the flare he wanted to.

"Haunani," he copied her name, looking confused, "youre mine?" He repeated, looking around. Hoping someone would come claim their wayward daughter. "Like a pet?" He added, looking at her wings.

DragonSong

"Pet?" She repeated the word slowly, trying to remember what it meant. She didn't speak Common often.

A very slow shake of her head, brow furrowed in thought. "No. Not pet. Um..." She bit her lip and muttered a few phrases in Yorieqi, irritated by her limited vocabulary.

"Friend?" she tried, tilting her head to one side. "No, more...companion. Yes." She nodded and beamed at him, quite pleased with herself. "I being looking for you. But didn't know I was. Now I find you, and I stay with you, yes?"

Draconian

"stay..."

A moment to pause and Cadreinth just smiled at her, looking over his shoulder again for help.

For anything to keep the weird girl away from him.

"What did you say your name was? HooNiNi?" He licked his lips and gently placed his hands on her shoulders, "I'm sure your family is very worried about you," Because surely she was sick in the head, "How about we go get you back to them and we can be... going home, hmm?" This girl couldn't have been any older than his daughter and he smiled at her pleasantly and gave her shoulders a pat before he started to usher her away from his things.

Like his boat.

And his crew. Well, the captains crew, but he was paying them!

DragonSong

"Haunani," she corrected, slowly, and still smiling. She placed a hand over her chest and offered, "Nani, if more easy."

Her head tilted slightly to the side and she frowned at him in confusion- her family wouldn't be worried, after all she was never further than shouting distance from help if she needed it. Then she suddenly grinned again.

"Oh, yes!" She grabbed his hand and started pulling him after her down the beach, away from the port. "You should be meeting family. Home village. Is very important day, I think."

Draconian

Cadreinth winced.

It would be rude to pull away. Right? Right.

"Aaalright," he said glancing over his shoulder, "we're not getting married are we?"

DragonSong

"Married?" She blinked at him again, once more confused. "Um...no?" She didn't think so- that word was almost strictly used by foreigners, her people's concept of matrimony was much looser.

Then her smile was back and and tugged on his hand again. "Come, come! Many will want to be meeting you. I being looking long time."

Draconian

"Am i expected?" He breathed, looking concerned.

He wiggled his hand away from the girl, "i forgot a few... things.. on my ship. It was lovely meeting you Nani, but i really need to go." And he tried to smile and took a few steps back.

DragonSong

"N-no- wait, please!"

She reached after him like a lost child, eyes wide and pleading as she bit her lip. "Please don't go," she begged quietly. It felt like something inside her was tearing through her just trying to follow him. "I- I have to stay with you..."

Draconian

Oooh.

This was creepy.

"I appreciate that you feel that way, but youre a little... young. And im not looking for a wife. Terribly busy, you understand." Cadreinth waved her off again and took a few more steps.

DragonSong

"Please..." Nani took another hesitant step after him, reaching out again. Her eyes were huge in her face, pleading. She drew her bottom lip between her teeth.

"I...am not...wife?" She vaguely knew the meaning of that word. "Am...Am..." She growled in frustration when she couldn't figure out how to say what it was she meant. "Um, protector? Guardian?"

She shook her head. "I just- I have to be with you."

Draconian

Like he hadnt heard that one before.

"Look. Kid," frustrated he ran his hand through his hair and exhaled, "i appreciate that you like me," he let his hands fall to his sides, "but im not interested. Just because your parents told you that you have to be with the strange foreign guy doesnt mean you have to."

DragonSong

Now becoming frustrated herself, Nani flared her wings out in agitation and stomped her foot. She though she understood the miscommunication, but she didn't know how to fix it.

"No." She shook her head firmly. "No parents, no family telling to to be saying this. Me." She placed a hand over her heart and met his eyes, willing him to understand even though she didn't entirely herself.

"Need to be with you, but not- not with you." She crinkled her nose. He certainly wasn't unattractive, but she tended to go for people closer to her own age.

Draconian

Cadreinth wrnkled his nose.

"Look, Sweetheart, i dont need anymore servants." He tried to usher her away, taking careful steps away from her. "I didnt come here on purpose and i'd appreciate you going through the proper channels before you pledge your undying allegience to me."

DragonSong

Nani looked to be on the verge of tears now, panicking though she wasn't entirely sure why.

"Please." She didn't know what else to do, reaching for him again and closing her fingers around his wrist.

A sort of electric crackle ran over he skin, raising the hair on the back of her neck and ruffling her feathers. She jerked her hand back and started at her figures accusingly, eyes rather wide. That hadn't happened when she touched him before...

Draconian

Cadreinth stared at her, frowning.

"I'm so sorry," he started. Had that even been him? The strange was his family used magic was passed to him. Using it more as a physical extension of himself instead of conjuring it from nothing. Cadreinth caught her hand, sighing before he started to take her along to his boat.

"The least i can do for you is bandage you up," he frowned, "after thay though. You leave. Go home to your village and you stay away from my boat. Understand?" A displeased noise and he stared at her for a moment, frowning at how right it felt to be beside the girl.

Which was wrong. She was barely older than his daughter.

Tags: