Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

questions

Started by Yvhv, June 13, 2016, 08:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvhv

ok so i have a few questions, first off, what's up with Fell? i have no clue what the new area is, and i've not had the time ot look for info. so....i know its a place. i know there is something about it that does something to magic, and i know there is a disease. is there anything else im missing? like can a characetr BE from there, what's the low down on it's culture if any, etc etc.

Question two. When i think of necromancy, i dont think of it as a "black art" but as a nuetral art that brings balance between life and death. the question is, how would necromancy, flavored this way and sort of "twisted" to seem like a divine magic be viewed in adela and serendipity? actually how would any form of necromantic, demonic, or any darker flavored magic be viewed?

Question three, more like a request and a question. Are we still able ot make a custom race and get it addedto the wiki with suffucient info and such? and i cant find the info i had started working on for the wiki for Neridians. (nerids) so, if anyone could help, that'd be super, cus i wanna get back to work on that if at all possible.

Kalak8538

@Rhi-Rhi @Tally (you forgot to do that lol)

I don't know if my opinion means anything, but I want to answer what I can go the best of my ability.

Answer 1:
From what I understand, Fell was once a beautiful and prosperous kingdom. No one knows much anything about it, even its name. It was brought to its knees when the powerful magic they controlled became dark and corrupted. The kingdom fell (pun not intended), and its inhabitants fled south. Those survivors were the ancestors of the Serenian and Connlaothan peoples. The kingdom itself remains in ruins, with the remnants of that dark power still lingering in the air, corrupting any magic in the area. Or you know... Something like that :)

Answer 2:
I think everyone has their own views on necromancy. Some can see it as a divine art, giving second life to those who have passed. Others (or probably most) see it as profane art that plays the gods and mocks the natural processes of life and death. It all depends on the individual, at least that's what I think.

Answer 3:
I know custom races are allowed (I play some, although none were actually created by me). As for the wiki, no clue. Sorry!

Rhindeer

Necromancy, demoncraft, black arts, those are all magic crafts that are, by and large, really accepted nowhere. xD Except Zantaric. In Zantaric, people are free to practice the dark arts all they want. Everywhere else, they would have to be pretty secretive about it. I'm sure there are plenty of underground cults (likely some large ones, too) operating in the big nations.

It's loosely accepted in Thanatos. Necromancy is a pretty big classification and mediums, people who can commune with the dead and spirits and such, technically falls under necromancy, and Thanatos is aaaall about their mediums! So necromancy isn't a black and white thing. However, Thanati don't classify their mediums as necromancers. Necromancy is also something that runs strong in Thanati blood in general, but they still don't allow things like body-raising and zombie-making and such, and would view that as illegal and vile. Plus, Thanati were originally driven off the mainland because the other groups in Le'raana persecuted them because they associated them with body-raising and zombie-making.

Thanatos has a number of underground cults that delve deeper into necromancy, though.

For individual characters? They're free to see necromancy as a divine art! While most cultures in SotE view it very stereotypically and negatively, individual characters can view and practice it based on their own beliefs. They just probably wouldn't want to be open about their practices because most people will hear "necromancy" and think "evil!"

As for Fell, @Kalak has the right of it!

As for culture and such, that's all unknown! And is pretty much supposed to remain a big mystery. It was a long, long time ago that all that happened--like the equivalent of us trying to make sense of a city that we just unearthed and didn't even know existed. That's what Fell is. Characters can totally find artifacts and have theories about what Fell was like before its fall--after all, Serenians and Connlaothians are spin-offs of the place. But there's nothing definitive, and it's been so long that there are many, many generations between then and now and thousands of years of history. A lot has been lost to time.

As for adding races to the wiki--I'm actually currently working on a system for adding species and races and such to the lore! 8D I'm not sure how much longer it will be before it's fine-tuned and finished, but feel free to write up your races in the meantime. <3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Yvhv

@Rhi-Rhi

Wellll, you ee, i had already started making this race when i first arrived here and had already started a topic on it. it is somewhere within the threadssomewhere on here. and i thought it was already somewhere within the wiki somewhere....maybe. its been a looong time.