Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Girl Dreams Too Close To The Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, June 19, 2016, 08:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He wasn't the only one who had froze. But her heart was in her throat as it began to beat rapidly as he turned to leave. Yet something inside her triggered her to move as she began to say, "Andreas... Wait-"
But she was cut off by a sharp knock at the door.

"Gavreilla," Her heart sank, "Its your father. Open the door so we can talk."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

He paused, hand outstretched toward the door and half turned back to look at his sister. "What-"

But then the knock at the door and he jumped, throwing it an accusing sort of look.

He looked to Gavriella, brows drawn together, then sighed. "We- we can talk later."
Reluctantly, he opened the door.

visualspice

"Andreas? Oh, good, you're both here. The three of us have a lot,to discuss," and he gestured towards the settee for his,son to sit.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Ah- alright." Not really seeing a way he could get out of it, Andreas nodded slowly and say, glancing from his father to his sister.

visualspice

Taking a seat beside her brother, Gavriella chewed on her lower lip. She didn't get the chance to worry about why he'd come since he went right into the topic at hand.
"Due to our new position here as the new ruling family of Allar, our alliances are crucial to the support of preserving the family line. That being said, this effects both of you. The end of the month we'll be hosting a ball to all those families I felt are the most crucial of alliances, and who we might benefit from the most. Its not easy, I'll tell you that. With this war choking up assets and Duchies rebelling against the crown, we need to act now to show our strength and support of Grand Duke Allarrick. That being said, I'm ready to propose a marriage of his only daughter to you, Andreas."

DragonSong

Andreas raised an eyebrow. "A...marriage? Already?" He couldn't stop the words from slipping out- he knew it wasn't really all that soon, plenty of young noblemen his age were already betrothed or married.

But it felt soon, and- and he didn't want to do it. Marry a stranger. The poor girl would probably be terrified, and...

He wouldn't love her. He knew it, no matter who she was, he couldn't love her, not the way he loved-

Who? He'd never really had a sweetheart, but there was that feeling, as though he'd be betraying someone. He shook his head and dropped his eyes. "Yes, Father." What else could he say?

visualspice

"Not already. A betrothal first. The poor girl is still a child, after all."

DragonSong

He frowned. "A child?" He looked up at his father quizzically, lips drawn tight. "How old is she?"

visualspice

Lord Marcell sighed.
"You need to pay more attention to the family houses, son. Myla Allarrick is maybe only 6 years old. And you might bock at the age now, but as you grow older, you'll find it very well to have a youthful wife and young bride. Being so young, she has yet to be spoken for, and I'm sure her father would prefer she marry someone to rule in his home duchy above all else- and we should do the same. The crown is very important to please, and to have as your ally, son. You'll do well to remember that."

DragonSong

"Six?" He gaped. Eleven years his wife's senior? He knew it wasn't exactly uncommon, but...

Swallowing his protests, he dropped his eyes and muttered, "As you say, Father."

visualspice

Gavriella's brows dipped sharply and her face skewed with the unspoken question that neither sibling dare say. But their father wasn't stupid as he sighed and nodded his head at Andreas.
"These next few years you'll be learning much about politics. Even though my intentions are to have you marry Myla Allarrick, we are still going to host many ball where you'll need to mingle with other family's, and in particular, their daughters, to try to persuade them to have their daughters become a potential option as your future bride. A man must make himself readily available to these families and their daughters in such a way you'll be building up your own success when its your time to rule. Even if you do not end up wedding their daughters, a man's word holds value. Use it to your advantage. And that being said..."
And that's when Lord Marcell's eyes ventured to Gavriella.

"Your daughter is also of marriageable age. And she might, in fact, wed long before you. But for her, I plan to sniff out the best alliances through your own events and social exchanges. We have the benefit of you both being prized assets to those outside of our family circle, so you'll both do well to present yourself, especially you, Gavriella. I have a lot of ideas on who ought to be a good match for you. You're pretty, young and a virgin. All royal men will be tripping over themselves to have you. But i'll need you not to act like a silly girl when the time comes. There'll be balls for your coming out, naturally, as well as your bother, and you'll have to play the world coolly and keep a level head. This affects your own future, and that of our family line, and I need you both to be extra vigilante when pursuing  your futures."

And his eyes when sharply from them both.

"Do you both understand?"

DragonSong

Hands fisting on his lap as some sort of anger that seemed to come out of nowhere surged through him, Andreas nodded sharply. "I understand."

He glanced at Gavriella out of the corner of his eye, praying she wouldn't lose her temper.

visualspice

In all of her stubborness, Gavriella was actually at a loss of what to say. Sure, marriage was in her future, and she knew it'd be to some lord, probably one within the duchy, but to talk about it now and so openly- and the idea she could be married well before Andreas.....

Her father repeated himself, eyes never once leaving Gavriella's form.
"Do you understand?" There was still a long pause. "Gavriella?"

She clenched her jaw and nodded, before daring to look up at her father.
"Yes, of course." But the reply was hasty as her mind was in a whirl over what he just proposed.

"Good, then you should both understand your roles in the ball to come."

DragonSong

Subtly, trying not to let their father notice, Andreas leaned into his sister slightly, sliding his hand around to touch her back gently.

visualspice

Gavriella was thankful for her brother's attention as she felt so small beneath her father's commands.

"Andreas, when you are cleaned up from your practice, come to my study. I have much to go over with you." And he turned to make his leave, nodding to both of his children before closing the door.

DragonSong

Andreas gave a sharp sigh as their father left and slumped in on himself a bit. For a long few moments, he said nothing.

"Ella...you okay?"

visualspice

There was a brief pause as all of the tension inside her built up beyond her control, and without warning or much thinking on it, she threw her arms around her brother and just hugged him, and hugged him tight.

DragonSong

He started, surprised, then wrapped his arms around her and clutched her to his chest. "Shh," he murmured, rubbing her back gently. "Oh, Ella. It's okay, it's going to be okay."

visualspice

"No, no it's not!" she found herself shouting, shaking her head as she fought off tears. "You heard him. You heard father... He's already planning our future! He aims to marry us... he's going to send us away...."

DragonSong

"Sister..." Andreas clenched his eyes shut and clutched her as close as she could, pressing a kiss to her temple, then her cheek.

"I won't let him," he whispered suddenly, impulsively. "There- there has to be a way. A pair of siblings I could persuade him to find agreeable. We'd be able to stay together then..."

His chest was suddenly aching horribly.