Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Girl Dreams Too Close To The Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, June 19, 2016, 08:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

But Gavriella was shaking her head, suddenly irritated by the very idea of it as she pushed her brother away and stood.
"No, no, no! That will never happen!" she went on, finding it harder to fight off the tears that stung harshly to her eyes. "Have you not been listening to father? He wants to use as for political gain! To stretch out his reach through our marriage and would never waste it on the same family!"
Her hands clenched into fists. "Don't be stupid! Father would box your ears in for even thinking that!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Of course she was right, but he's only been trying to comfort her, comfort them both, just for a little while.

"What would you have me do?" he asked, spreading his hands helplessly. "I don't know what to do, Ella."

visualspice

And angrily she retorted, "And don't let father hear that." Her tone was nasty as she took a seat at her vanity again, aiming to brush her hair again, as if that'd brush out this frustration.
"You're going to be a Duke, remember? You have to know how to do and please everybody."
And she glared at him through her reflection.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

He gritted his teeth and got to his feet, pacing the room restlessly. "I'm not a Duke yet," he growled. "I- I just want to make you happy, Gavriella!" he admitted, dragging a hand through his still damp hair.

He couldn't do this, not right now. Taking a breath, he muttered, "Father's waiting for me," and moved toward the door.

visualspice

Angered and hurt, she felt the tears near blinding her now as a few hot ones rolled down her cheeks.
"Go then! Follow father like a dog!"

DragonSong

Andreas stood frozen, his back to her. "What else would you have me do, Gavriella?" he murmured. "I don't know what-"

He clenched his jaw and curled his fingers into fists. Without another word, he left the room.

visualspice

Lanciss Marcell had been patiently waiting for his son as he perused his paperwork in his study. He heard his son enter, but made no notion to address him as he went about, dabbing his quilt into an ink well and going about scratching on parchment. After a few moments of this, he blew across the paper and rest the quill. Then he set it aside and looked over at his son with a sigh.

"You should have cleaned up first," he criticized.

DragonSong

Andreas winced. He'd been so wrapped up in his own thoughts he'd completely forgotten. "Yes, Father. Forgive me," he murmured, ducking his head.

After a moment, he cleared his throat and asked quietly, "What is it you wanted to see me about?"

visualspice

"I wanted to discuss with you the list of women and men I'd like you to get acquainted with at the ball we'll be hosting. Now it's very important you keep things civil and as amiable as you can."

DragonSong

"Yes, sir, of course." Andreas moved forward and hesitantly took a seat, waiting with the easily patient expression he'd perfected for just such occasions.

visualspice

It probably felt forever that Lanciss Marcell went over all the intimate details of whom he wanted Andreas to make believe he felt interest towards, as well as those he wanted to get into a close standing relationship with, even if they had no sort of children to barter with.

This lengthy meeting left the already frustrated sister, even more so. She brushed her hair for as long as she could, she even paced around her room for as long as she dared. Eventually she was so upset she stormed clean over to her brother's room....

And was surprised not to find him there. Irritated, she paced around his room to await his return, when she noticed his cooling bath water left untouched. Snorting, she moved to take advantage and steal his bath. Pulling off her clothes and throwing them aside, she stepped into the bath and just let herself soak and relax....
All the while feeling the strange anxiety of being naked and in her brother's room.

But they'd shared baths int he past before, in fact, when she was little, she used to steal his when he was offered to get his first, and they'd end up having a bath fight. Now...
That's hardly what she wanted.

But what did she want? Andreas was taking his good old time and she finally left the bath and toweled herself dry. It was a nice change of pace not to have a servant doing it for her. She wrapped the towel around her form and moved towards the window, when she froze- eyes widening, as she heard someone opening the door.

Panicked, she rushed to hide somewhere, anywhere, but realized how foolish it was because of her discarded clothing and the fact she very evidently already used her brother's bath.

DragonSong

Andreas was drained by the time he was able to return to his room- emotionally, mentally, physically. All he wanted was a bath- probably cold by now, his mouth twisted as he realized- clean clothes, and a nice long nap.

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be an option.

His eyes widened and he gaped as he found his sister standing in his room, clad only in a towel, hair still damp. "You- what-?"

He shook his head, then quickly closed the door behind him. "Gavriella, what on earth are you doing in here?!"

visualspice

Her entire face went pink. But she kept her pride and jutted out her chin.
"I was angry and got bored waiting so I stole your bath."
She hoped she sounded braver than she felt.

DragonSong

"But- why were you waiting in here?" He didn't realize his face had gone rather pink. "We aren't children anymore, you can't just come barging into my room and- and undress!"

visualspice

At being called out on that she couldn't help but get angry.
"What? Why? I can't very well get a bath in my clothes!"

DragonSong

"Do you have any idea how inappropriate this is?!"

Andreas busied himself picking up her clothes and attempting to hand them to her while still not looking directly at her. "A young lady cannot just- just steal someone else's bath! And to be naked in a man's room-"

His voice cut off and he frowned. Wait, that shouldn't be as big of a deal with him, right? He was her brother. They'd seen each other naked plenty of times. Just because she didn't look like a child anymore...

visualspice

SHe found herself huffing and couldn't help but jab, "What man?"

"Besides.." she went on, strolling around with some confidence in her step before him. "I'm your sister." And her eyes were mean as she glared at him.

DragonSong

He glared. "That's no excuse," Andreas growled, grabbing her shoulders and suddenly spinning her around, slamming her back against the wall, forgetting to check his strength for a moment.

"You can't do things like this," he hissed, meeting her gaze with narrowed eyes. "If you keep prancing around like no one can touch you, someday, someone is going to prove you wrong. You don't own the world, Gavriella!"

He shook her, irrationally angry, and suddenly panicked. "What if I hadn't been the one to come in here? What if it had been my manservant? Someone else? And you looked like this?!"

Suddenly all the fight seemed to leave him and he slumped, taking a step back from her quickly. "Damnit, Ella...people are cruel, and any one of them would take advantage of you if they could."

visualspice

She was thrown into a world of confusion, sputtering out his name when she felt her body forced against the wall. It only fueled her anger, and the strange tension and heat pooling between her legs. But when he deflated and moved away, she blinked, and stood there a moment quietly, wondering just what had happened....

Then it all began to make sense. he was just looking out for her, and she was a fool.

But they were in their own home...
Why would he be afraid of her being here in such a place!?

She shook her head.

"Stop being unreasonable!" she snapped. "The only one cruel here is you!"

DragonSong

He couldn't stop his hand flying through the air- it was almost an instinct.

He didn't strike her though, stopping a few inches short of contact.

He couldn't hurt her. He'd never hurt her.

Andreas glowered at her, slamming his fist into the wall beside her head. Suddenly he felt like another bout of fencing was called for. Where had all the aggression come from? And why was he so damned hot all of the sudden?

"I could show you cruel, sister," he hissed. Then he clenched his eyes closed, gritting his teeth. "But I won't. I wouldn't."

He put his back to her. "Just- get out. Please."