Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Will there be Stories? (KingTyrant)

Started by JackieCat, June 20, 2016, 12:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Flordia pursed her lips at Leon's explanation, not quite sure whether or not to believe him, but she didn't have time to protest before he headed back to the castle.  He was a strange man, he seemed to be keeping a lot from her, but she didn't know what about.  Perhaps he was just like that, mysterious.  Maybe he had seen so much in his lifetime that it took him a long time to open up to anybody, let alone trust them.  Flordia could understand that a bit.  As a princess, you could never be sure who was really your friend, or who was being paid for it, or who just wanted something from you.

She sighed, and went back to look at the horse.  He mind whirred.  What could have done this?  How could something this big have gotten past the guards?  Leon had said the security would be tightened, but it already was very secure with all this assassination business.  Whatever had gotten in must have used magic of some sort, or maybe it could fly?  There were so many possibilities.

Despite being told several times by various guards and court members that she should go back inside, Flordia didn't until she had looked over the scene of the crime a little more.  Perhaps she could find some sort of incriminating evidence as to what sort of creature had managed to get inside the castle walls, into the stable, kill a horse, eat it, and get back out without being seen. 

She found nothing.  There wasn't a trace of what could have done this.

She headed back to the castle, intent of finding Leon, though she didn't quite know what she would say to him when she found him.  Despite this, it seemed like he would have some sort of answer for her about what happened last night.  Why, she didn't know, but she just had a feeling. . .

She found him coming out of study, and she hurried to fall into step behind him.

"Hey, if you were out walking last night, did you see anything unusual?" she asked, pulling her thoughts together.  "You know, any clues as to what could have done that to the horse?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Leon jumped at Flordia's voice, Nalda quickly shutting the study door so she wouldn't see the trap, as well as the guards who had gathered in the room. Leon gave a sigh of relief as Flordia's view was obscured, but then tensed back up again at her question. He narrowed his eyes at her, admittedly annoyed at how interested she was about the incident. "No. I didn't see anything, kid..." He grumbled, turning and walking down the hall away from her.

It didn't take long for him to stop in his tracks, a thought entering his mind. Flordia wouldn't leave it at that... In fact, knowing her, she'd press even harder out of sheer curiosity. He looked back at her, just sensing the suspicion on her face at the story he had given her. She was a kid, that much was true, but she wasn't stupid. Not at all. He shook his head, sighing as he walked back towards her. Laying an armored hand on her shoulder, he leaned in close to her ear.

"If you really want to know what happened to that horse, then I'll tell you. Alright?" He tried to be as quiet as he could. "But let me make one thing very clear." He looked straight into her eyes with his sharp, serious gaze. "You will not tell the guards, you will not tell your parents, and you will not become hostile with me. I'm agreeing to tell you because I feel that you, the one I'm guarding, deserves to know important information about the one that's guarding you. I swear, kid... If you as much as scream, I'll bolt. I'm not against leaving you for the assassins."

He stood up straight, looking around. "Tonight... I'll tell you tonight, when the moon is high. It'd be the most appropriate time." He said, turning and walking off again. His words he had spoken to her made him think long and hard. Was he really willing to give up his biggest, darkest secret to a girl who'd probably piss herself and scream bloody murder? He'd hate to make an enemy of the guards... He sighed. Perhaps the only way to know the outcome, was to transform before her tonight. That way, she couldn't laugh and call him a liar if he had just plainly told her what he was.

JackieCat

Flordia narrowed her eyes at his blunt response and frowned as he started to walk away.  He must have heard something, right?  Or he must have talked to someone who had.  Whatever it was, he was keeping something about the horse from her, and she wasn't going to stop bugging him until he admitted to at least knowing about it, even a little. Flordia opened her mouth, about to call after him, but before she could speak, he stopped.  He must have decided to say something else to her, because he turned around and started back towards her.

Flordia was silent as he approached again, and her eyes widened as he leaned in close and spoke again.

What did he mean?  He knew what happened?

When he finished, Flordia thought for a second, his thread barely registering as her mind raced.  Her first instinct was to agree, to jump right in, but she hesitated, if he knew what had happened, why hadn't he told the guards?  Had it something to do with him?

But her curiosity won out.

"Okay," she said, nodding.  "I won't say anything, I promise."

Tonight.  And it was several moments after he had walked away that Flordia moved.  What could he possibly tell her?  Had he let in the beast that killed the horse?  But why would he do that?  It couldn't have been an attempt on her life, could it have?  Whatever had killed the horse had come nowhere near her rooms, had they?  Or perhaps it was all part of some larger plot?

Flordia's mind whirled as she headed back to her rooms.  She was nervous, but her curiosity and excitement smothered the fear.

She couldn't wait for tonight.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

KingTyrant

The rest of the rather turbulent day went by slowly. Leon spent a good portion of his time outside near the barracks, training with the other guards, teaching various mercenary techniques that he had learned over the years in his profession. They were crude, dirty moves, the type of sword and shield maneuvers that royal guards wouldn't usually perform. They definitely weren't pretty, but they were effective. Seeing the guards dance around with a weapon like they were in a ballet was simply embarrassing. It was refreshing to teach these elves some barbaric warfare, even though Edwin probably wouldn't be a fan.

Before Leon knew it, the sun was setting over The mighty kingdom, and the moon was already faintly visible in the sky. Leon's skin was crawling... What better time than this to ascend the staircase to Flordia's room? Going out the rusty, iron gate towards the main keep, Leon made the trip up the staircase, up towards where he and Flordia's rooms sat next to each other. He stopped at the door of her room, hesitation taking over as he thought long and hard. His transformation into the wolf wasn't for the faint of heart. It was terrifying, frankly.

Flordia had an undying curiosity and a heart of courage, but this could've been the one thing that would get a contract put on his head. He wasn't sure how many monster hunters resided here, but would he really take the risk and find out? Yes. The answer was yes. He needed not to fear Flordia's response, as he had warned her early on about screaming or acting out in hysteria. It wouldn't end well for her, to say the least. His experience with men and women who he intimidated, was that they tended to listen to him and follow instructions.

Shaking his head, he clenched an armored fist and gave the door three solid knocks. He looked up and down the halls, the torches flickering as an eerie silence took over. Clearly, guard rotations hadn't even begun yet. They probably should've, though... Leon was the first to demand tighter security. After both the horse incident and the trap in Flordia's study, no other chances could be taken. Once he was given the ok, Leon turned the knob and walked in, his expression serious, as always, but with a slight tinge of nervousness.

He walked over to his spot that he had the night before, the spot that held a direct view of the agonizing moon. Taking his cross-legged position on the windowsill, He clasped his hands together and gave a sigh. "Won't be too long now... There are a couple precautions we outta take, though." He pulled a strong rope from the satchel hanging at his waist, placing it on her bed in front of her. "When I tell you to, I want you to bind my arms and neck with this and tether it to something heavy in this room. Something that won't get picked up easily." He recommended. "You'll see why soon enough."

JackieCat

She couldn't concentrate on her studies, she barely ate a bite, and all of the little free time she was allowed in the day was spent sitting in her room.

Her parents, of course, hardly noticed the change in her behavior, they hardly noticed anything about her, but she couldn't get her mind off of what Leon had told her.  What in the world was he going to tell her?  Perhaps he just knew what had killed the horse, and that was all he was going to tell her.  But if that was true, then why did he seem so tense about it?  And why wouldn't he tell the guards?  Flordia knew that her parents would probably want her to tell them, to tell a guard or soemthing, but the girl's curiosity was too much, and she said nothing.

She spent the whole day wondering, and she went straight to her room as soon as her studies were finished.  She sat there, looking out the window and watching the guards practice with Leon, until the sun started to set and the mercenary left the training area.

A few minutes later there was a knock on her door.  Flordia jumped up from her bed and ran to it, about to fling it open, but paused.  She peered through the small hole in the door and saw that it was Leon standing there.  Then she opened the door and closed it behind him, then she went to sit back on the edge of her bed, both exited and nervous.

She frowned at his instructions, but nodded, and, for once, didn't ask any questions.  Like he had said, she would find out soon enough.

She took the rope and stood up.  "Okay.  I'm ready. " She smiled a little, she couldn't help it, and said, "I think."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Leon answered her excited demeanor with an audible grunt. He took a moment, staring out her window, the moon becoming more and more visible as the sun sank over the horizon. He tensed uncomfortably, shaking his head before looking back at her. "How much do you know of lycanthropy, kid?" He asked, looking towards the rope nervously. He sincerely hoped that rope could hold him back. It would be very unfortunate to end up ripping her apart on accident.

His worries also included the fact that she probably wasn't as ready as she claimed. Someone as pampered as her, someone as unaccustomed to the world outside her walls was sure to be timid at his much more frightening form. This time, he was going to teach her the reality of Le'raana, instead of running out as he had the night before. Hopefully, he knew what he was doing and nobody would be hurt. He also hoped that she would stay calm, as she had promised.

He originally planned to let his transformation speak for itself, but he could feel the tension and curiosity rising in the girl, and he allowed some explanation of what he was in order to soothe whatever questions tumbled around in her mind. "I never chose to be... This." He started off, shaking his head and staring at the floor. "Dad never knew what in the gods' names caused it to happen. Mom saw the glowing eyes and claws and didn't know what to say. She was horrified. Especially when I had my first transformation at the age of 3."

He felt his fists clench as he reminisced about what little he knew of his mother. The same mother that had abandoned him and let him grow up half parentless. "My dad always went on these long tirades when I was a boy. Your mother must've went out and had her way with the dire wolves! That kinda crap... He'd only do it when he drank. Which was often." He looked towards the window again, a scowl forming on his face as his anger grew. It wouldn't be long before the wolf took over.

"Ever been pelted with rocks, kid? Ever been outcasted and treated like less of a person? That was my life. My father tried to tell me it'd be alright. Told me that I'd be something special. A strong man with lots to look forward to." He scoffed, shaking his head. "Never happened. My father would still be alive today, as a matter of fact. He'd still be alive, if it wasn't for me. Seems like everything I've ever loved, I've killed in some way. It's a sick joke, isn't it?" He asked her, although he didn't expect her to respond. She was probably already afraid.

Before he could say anything to calm her, he lurched, feeling the moon's pale light wash over his form. He looked down, his muscles contracting as he held off the transformation as long as he could. He removed a gauntlet, his black claws extending out slightly and the hair on his arms growing thicker by the second. Looking up at her, his eyes flashed as his canines grew sharper and longer. "Enough talk... T-Tie the rope around me... To something heavy." He snarled, his chest heaving as loud snapping could be heard underneath his armor.

JackieCat

Flordia's eyes widened at his words.  Lycanthropy?  He continued before she could answer, but she had red about it before.  Werewolves.

As Leon continued, Flordia realized what he was getting at.  A werewolf? He was a werewolf?  She didn't speak, just listened as he told her his past.  The shock on her face turned to pity, and when he finished a tear slid down her cheek.

She reached out a hand, then hesitated, but after a second she placed her hand on his arm.  She didn't know what to say to him, 'I'm sorry' wouldn't be enough after what Leon must have gone through.  So she stayed silent.  Fear hadn't even crossed her mind.

Then he told her to tie him up, and she came back to the moment, remembering what was bound to happen.

She grabbed the rope and wrapped it around him as tightly as she could.  She wasn't extremely strong, but she had taught herself how to tie a proper knot after she had realized, years ago, that she may not always be a pampered princess and she might need some skills other than needlepoint.

She tied the ropes to her bedposts.  The huge oaken bed must have weighed at least a thousand pounds, and the girl hoped it would hold Leon.  She stepped back a few feet from him, out of reach, if the ropes held.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Leon yowled out in pain as his bones shifted, his feet deforming into skinny haunches as his body tripled in size. His mouth and nose extended into a long muzzle, black fur sprouting from his skin as his armor began to bust off here and there. It was crafted in such a way that it couldn't truly break from his transformations, but the pieces scattered around the room as his backbone lurched outwards and his hands shrank into sturdy paws.

By the end of his transformation, what stood in Leon's place was a massive, black wolf, its lips curled back to reveal jagged, razor-sharp teeth as it growled at her. Its tail wagged back and forth threateningly, the beast's eyes seemingly staring into her soul as it flexed its long, intimidating claws. Suddenly, it let out a number of barks, lunging at her, only to be caught on the rope. The bed scraped against the floor with a loud creak as Leon tugged on its weight, the wolf obviously unable to recognize Flordia as an ally.

Outside, it would be hard to believe that nobody heard the commotion, but it was so. No guards were patrolling Flordia's hallway at the time, as they all were down in the guardhouse, having drinks and singing bard songs against Leon's orders. However, this proved to be a rather good thing, as if anyone was to see the situation going on in her room, Leon would be killed on the spot. 

JackieCat

Whoa.

This was amazing!  She had always dreamed of having some adventure, something exciting happen to her-!

Then she realized that there was a man turning into a ravenous beast not five feet from her, and that she should probably take another step back.  She did, and she most definitely was nervous, and while her excitement drowned out her fear tenfold, she wasn't stupid, and she stayed far out of reach of the wolf's-Leon's- snapping jaw.

She glanced towards the door, but no guards burst through, and she could hear no shouts or running footsteps.  Then her eyes flicked to the bed, which was creaking in a not-so-assuring fashion as Leon pulled against the ropes, the ropes that were holding, for now, at least.

"Are you still in there?" she called to the wolf over the sounds of his growling after a moment, quite unsure what to do now that there was a huge turned werewolf in her bedroom.  "Leon?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Leon's violent barking and growling seemed to quiet down, the once angry wolf calming slightly and sitting on the floor in front of her. He continued to growl, baring his teeth at her. He drooled a bit, the saliva dripping against the floor as he dug his claws into the wood boards. After awhile, even his growling ceased, sitting silently as he blinked at her. At this point, the lycan no longer seemed to want her blood, rather, he just looked at her curiously.

Perhaps Leon's human side kicked in and he recognized her somewhat, or maybe the beast had just grown tired of trying to carve a hole in her head. However, it became fairly clear that he knew who she was when he let out a soft whimper, lifting a paw and leaning in, sniffing in her direction. No longer would she have to worry about dying, but now she had a massive dog, as playful as any other in her room. It was worth arguing which was worse.

JackieCat

Flordia watched Leon as he continued to thrash, and then start to calm down.

She bit her lip as he pawed at her, and she took one step closer to him.  She was still out of reach, but she wanted to see how he would react.  He seemed calm now, and Flordia didn't think he would try to attack her, but she wasn't sure, after all, there was a full-sized werewolf in her bedroom.

She carefully lifted a hand in his direction, close enough that if Leon stretched out his nose about as far as he could, they would just be able to touch.  Better lose a few fingers investigating than her whole self, Flordia reasoned.

"Hey," she said softly, looking in the wolf's eyes. "Leon, are you in there?"

Even if he was calm, the wolf may still have completely taken over Leon's mind.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

The wolf's eyes were locked on her fingers, lifting his muzzle just enough to be able to sniff them. He opened his jaws, lapping at her fingertips a couple times before lowering his muzzle once more. Obviously, he could've bitten her fingers off if he had the chance. But he did not. Some resemblance of Leon remained. It was as if a switch had been flipped, letting the beast know that this girl was an ally. Not an enemy.

As she spoke, he let out a small bark, doing whatever he could to aknowledge the question he'd been given. This was the hardest part... Trying to distinguish between animal and man. Leon had lived with this curse for so many years... And yet he simply couldn't seem to find a way to control a few specific things. One of those just happened to be taming the boiling rage that the wolf contained. On a good day, he could. But on others... Nothing could stop him from shredding both friends and enemies alike.

Perhaps it was the thrasing he had been doing, or just the strain of the transformation, but the wolf seemed to let out a big yawn just before laying down on his belly, his head resting on his paws. Closing his eyes, it didn't take long at all for him to fall out. By morning, he'd be back to his regular self, and with that, Flordia wouldn't need to worry about the guards finding Leon like this. Or worse, she wouldn't have to worry about being mauled. But right now, it seemed that was but a distant concern. Wolf? No... More like, big, loveable dog.

JackieCat

So he was in there. . .

Flordia watched him as he lay down, and she sunk into a crouch, just watching him.  He seemed harmless now, as he lay there, sleeping, but he must be incredibly strong, to have mauled the horse like that.

Then Flordia again realized just what was happening, and a wave of exhilaration swept over her.  This was amazing!  Who would have thought that her mercenary bodyguard would be a werewolf?

After a while she stood and went to her bed, sitting on it, but with no intentions of sleep.  However, after only a half hour, she was fast asleep.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Early next morning, at the foot of Flordia's bed, Leon was at work reattaching his missing pieces of armor. The day after each transformation, everything was always a blur. Who had he killed? What were these wounds from? And the headaches... The headaches were always the worst. Worse than the worst mead hangover any town drunk could ever imagine.

Looking towards the sleeping girl, he gave a huff. She was alive... That was important. And he hadn't been caught, obviously. Unless anyone had heard his barking and snarling all throughout the night... He was sure he'd be hearing from someone by now if this was the case. For now... He just needed some herbs for this headache... Maybe breakfast would do him good. As for Flordia, she had a long night. She deserved her rest.

The mercenary headed from her room and downstairs, where an awful scream could be heard. Leon, eyes narrowing, took off into a sprint into the throne room. Hanging from the ceiling by her ankles, blood dripping from three throwing knife wounds in her chest, Nalda swung from side-to-side. She was dead. Beyond the ool of crimson on the floor, two bolded words were written in blood. It was enough to alarm any man.

I'M IN.

Looking towards the servant at his side, who covered her mouth and nearly hyperventilated with shock, he growled. "Get the king and queen. Get Edwin, too. We have an intruder and the princess is no longer safe here." He told her. She hesitated, too afraid to even move. "GO!" He hissed. She quickly ran off.

JackieCat

When Flordia woke Leon was gone, but so was his armor, so the elf knew he was a human again.  That, or he had been found out by the guards and captured!
Panic fluttered in Flordia's chest for a moment before she realized that if that was the case, she probably would've woken up, if the guards hadn't woken her themselves.
She quickly climbed out of bed and realized she was still in her clothes from the night before.  She didn't particularly care herself, but she knew her mother would complain if she saw her rumpled dress.
Usually her mother had someone come into her room to dress her each morning, but since Leon had arrived, no one besides her was allowed into her room but him, her parents, and the guards, much to her mother's displeasure, she wanted her daughter treated like the princess she was.
But Flordia was actually quite glad of it.  Just the act of dressing herself gave her a sense of freedom.  So she quickly pulled off her dress from the night before and sipped into another.  It wasn't nearly as fancy as the last, just a simple turquoise gown with hardly any adornments.
She slipped on her shoes and stepped out of her room, saying good morning to the guard who was stationed at her door.

But she noticed he looked tense.

"What's wrong?" she asked, and her fear from before returned. "What happened."

"Nothing you need worry about, Your Majesty," the soldier said. "Just stay in your room until we have this sorted out."

"Have what sorted out?" Flordia said firmly, not moving from where she stood. "If my life's in danger I think I ought to know!"

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty, but I have been ordered not to say."

"This is my life on the line here," Flordia almost yelled, "and I will not sit in the dark while everyone else fixes it for me while I sit and embroider in my room!" She knew that it wasn't really the guard's fault, it wasn't as if he made any of these decisions, but Flordia couldn't help it.  "I'm sorry, but I have to go."

And she took off.

She could run fast, but she had slippers and a long dress on, and the guard was a full-grown elf male.  He grabbed her arm, and she struggled, and if had been actually trying to hurt her, she probably would have been able to escape his grasp somehow, but he wasn't, so she let him pull her back to her room.

"I want to talk with Leon," she said through the closed, and locked, door. "Just please let me talk to Leon."

It may have seemed strange, that she wanted to talk to the man, the werewolf, she had only just met, instead of her mother.  But upon closer inspection, it wasn't, not really.  Leon was the only one who had ever listened to her, ever given her even a small degree of respect, and she was sure he would tell her at least something about what was going on.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

It wasn't too long after Flordia was locked up that Leon was right there on the other side of her door. "Well, he's right here." He said, crossing his arms. "Open the door." He growled at the guard, who did just that. Looking at Flordia, he gave a sigh. What could he possibly say to her that wouldn't give her a heart attack? Well... Up until now, she seemed to have a pretty good grasp of reality, so he supposed hitting her with the harsh truth was better than lying to her like everyone else in her life.

"Flordia... I'm afraid we have to leave." Giving a glance at the guard, he felt his grip tighten on his own arms before looking back at her. "Nalda is dead. Attacked in the middle of the night. A servant found her strung by her ankles with three stab wounds to the chest." He explained. The guard looked very offended at his bluntness, standing up nice and tall as he prepared to confront the mercenary, who simply put him down with a hard glare.

He pulled a map from a pouch on his belt, unfolding it and handing it to Flordia. "We've been ordered to leave the castle as soon as possible." He said, the castle on the map circled in red ink with an arrow leading out to the barren countryside. "Edwin and the guards are searching the premises for the intruder. Your mother and father are taking a wagon much farther than you and I are going. We've been ordered to a temple out in the forest. Mivana's Sanctuary. We're to stay there until nightfall, then return when we get the signal. The assassin should be snuffed out by then..."

He ran a hand through his hair, before rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I was hoping all of this was just idle threats... I was clearly wrong." He shook his head, heading from the doorway. "Come on. We're burning daylight."

JackieCat

Flordia gave a sigh of relief at the sound of Leon's voice as he ordered her door be opened.

"What happened, what's wrong?" the questions were out of her mouth before the door was completely open, but then Leon started talking, and Flordia was stopped in her tracks.

She listened, shocked, as he told her what had happened.  They had to leave?  And. . . Nadia, dead.  This was awful, what was happening?  Why would anybody kill Nadia?  She hadn't done anything wrong. . .

She barely heard what he said about where they had to go, just thinking about Nadia.  She almost started to cry, but she held back her tears and forced a nod at Leon's words.  She couldn't waste time mourning now, that could wait.

"Will my parents be safe?" was the only question that made sense, that she really needed to know.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

Leon paused, looking over his shoulder and giving her a nod. "Yes... They'll be fine. But right now, my only priority is you. Get whatever belongings you think are necessary, and meet me by the stables. We're taking a horse to the Sanctuary." He told her, before disappearing down the main staircase. Hopefully, they'd have the grim scene in the throne room cleaned up by now.

After being given thorough directions by the guards at the stables, Leon dressed the horse's saddle with bags of equpiment and supplies. After all, a piece of information he forgot to mention to Flordia is that there was a very good chance that they'd be there longer than a day. Climbing atop the horse, he waited for Flordia before taking off for Mivana's Sanctuary.

The road was long, winding, and quiet. The forest they entered only resonated with the sounds of birds and small crickets. As the day continued on, the anticipation for what would happen next only made Leon's headache worse. The stress of protecting one girl from a clearly skilled assassin, one that could be anywhere at any time was enough to drive a man insane. He didn't know why... But something came over him. A feeling of worry for the girl. Looking over his shoulder at her, he frowned.

"Hey... Kid. Are you alright?" He asked calmly, the horse trotting along at a gentle pace, enough to give her nerves a moment to calm. It was definitely more soothing than the fast, disorienting gallop they took from the castle. "I know everything is scary... Stressful, even. But they'll find the bastard. And if he shows his face here, I'll kill him myself. If I don't kill him... I'll die trying."

Leon couldn't believe his own mouth... Why did he sound like a dad? He didn't need to make the girl feel better... That wasn't part of the contract. He'd simply spent too much time around the girl and it had made him soft. She was just some snot-nosed brat who's mommy and daddy happened to be the king and queen. She didn't have any real value to him... But the harder he tried to remind himself of all that, the more he inwardly denied it.

JackieCat

Wait.  He was just leaving her?  She stared after him as he walked down the hall, telling her to pack her things so they could go.  Flordia had barely digested the information about Nalda and now they were leaving?

Flordia stared after him for a moment before she shook her head.  She needed to do what he said and hurry up.

She rushed back into her room and quickly pulled off her dress, the thought that it may not be the most practical gear pushing through her other invading thoughts.  She pulled on the only pair of trousers she owned, along with the sturdiest pair of boots she could find and a simple shirt.  She couldn't think of anything else that she should bring with her, then her mind sprang to the dagger in the drawer of her nightstand.  It probably wouldn't help her much in a real fight, but she grabbed it anyway, slipping it into her boot.

She grabbed her cloak and the guard escorted her to the stables, where she quickly mounted behind Leon.

Was she alright?

The question itself seemed to calm her, and she couldn't help but smile a bit at Leon's next words.

"Thank you," she said. "This is all just so. . . different, for me.  My parents have tried to shelter me my whole life, and then something like this happens. . ."

She trailed off, her mind going back to Nalda.  She hadn't deserved to die.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

KingTyrant

"Not exactly the adventure you were hoping for, I imagine." Leon murmured, looking forward. They rode in silence for the rest of their journey, it not being too long before the sanctuary came into view, the woods opening up into a serene, peaceful clearing, rocks scattered here and there, which were covered in light green moss. The grass was short and healthy, a dark green. The individual blades swayed in gentle waves as the breeze hit them, just ahead of them being a rocky hillside. Built into the side of the hill, was the sanctuary itself.

It was overgrown with multiple roots, the pillars that held up the triangular roof cracked, some even toppled over, making a mess of the stairs leading up into it. From within, a faint orage glow could be seen, the two ornate, iron doors cracked ever-so-slightly, both rusted and one severely bent up. "Do the elves not take much care of their temples? Damn..." Leon murmured, shaking his head as he rode to the front. Leon dismounted, helping Flordia down before examining the doors for a long time.

He grumbled under his breath, glancing at her. "Keep behind me... There could be something dangerous inside." He told her, drawing his blade, holding it at his side as he kept his kite shield in front of his body protectively. He kicked against the iron door, nudging it open slowly. It made a loud, awful creaking sound, Leon immediately noticing a huge, open area full of pillars, the floor made of cracked, dust-covered tiles. A carpet going down the center led all the way to the far wall, where an alter and a number of religious carvings rested.

He took a long moment to look around, lowering his shield and sheathing his sword as soon as he was sure they were alone. He approached the wall slowly, looking around for whatever was causing the faint light that covered the sanctuary. Upon closer inspection, a giant, orange sphere high above the altar, embedded in the wall was being held by two identical, mirror statues, who were also embedded in the wall on either side of the altar. It seemed to emit the light they were seeing, powered by magical energy. Leon looked closely at the altar, noticing some words carved into the stone.

FOR LADY MIVANA, LAY THY FLESH DOWN.

Leon raised his brows. "I had no idea your people were into human sacrifice." He joked, knowing good and well that this sanctuary had most likely been abandoned for decades. He sat on the floor against the wall, removing his shield and placing it beside him, along with the sheathe holding his sword. He fished through his bag for a short while, pulling out a bottle of Adelan mead. Popping it open, he took a swig before making a slight face. If he was going to be stuck here all night, he'd at least enjoy himself. That meant drinking. A lot.

Tags: