Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Magic and Meditation (Fukurou)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, June 29, 2016, 03:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

Pippin took in a deep breath as he sat in the center of La'Marri's old temple, closing his eyes as he began to focus on the ambient magical energy found throughout the place. He could feel its power flowing through every inch of his being, in and out of his talons in the same instant, running along his nerves like water follows a canal or a riverbed. Exhaling, the griffon increased his concentration, actively moving energy between his talons. It would take a moment, but soon enough, within his grasp were a sphere of pure magical energy. To most, it would look like the fabric of reality was warping in his grip, but to Pippin... It was an indescribable beauty; a soft, blue glow swirling like a gaseous ball of fire within the grasp of his claws.

Although the griffon had chosen to practice his magic in the old temple that morning in private, Pippin was in a world all his own as he gazed at the blue globe of energy in front of him, and nothing was stopping a stranger from dropping in on what he was doing...

Fukurou

It had been a long and lonely trip to La'Marri. Not many people were keen on keeping a hulking Bugbear for company regardless of how civil and eloquent they were. At best, people would laugh awkwardly and run out the door, but more often than not interaction between Sir Edmond and the human-folk ended in screaming and mobs of terrified people chasing the poor mage out as they brandished their crude weapons. With that in mind, Sir Edmond had elected to travel alone off of the beaten path, staying away from places of civilization and camping in caves. Now here he was, in the beautiful forests of La'marri with an armful of rare magical herbs, wandering into an old temple. As the Bugbear made his way into the large, open room, he gasped as he saw the griffon with a sphere of light twinkling within his claws.

"I do say, good fellow," Sir Edmond bellowed, his deep growling voice echoing throughout the room. "Are you doing what I think you're doing?"

Klezmer Gryphon

At first, Pippin paid no heed to the echoing footsteps entering the temple. It was a public space, after all, and people were bound to walk in anyhow. The loud, growling voice from behind him, however, startled the meditating griffon, breaking his concentration and causing the sphere of blue energy to dissipate within seconds. There was a fierce glare in his eyes as he turned around to face the interloper, almost as fiery as the ball of magic.

"Was I conjuring a ball of magical energy.... Yes... Until your loud, bellowing bark came in behind me!" he scorned, his eyes narrowing as he got up and approached the bugbear that had disturbed his study.

Fukurou

A wounded look swept across the Bugbear's face as he backed slowly away towards the exit. He was just trying to be friendly, but alas, he was only being a bother. This sort of rejection was nothing new for Sir Edmond but it stung all the same.

"Oh, I see," he murmured. "I apologize for bothering you. I will take my--" Just as we was about to excuse himself, he noted the ferocity dancing within the griffon's eyes. "Good sir." Sir Edmond's demeanor morphed from submissive to curious as he eyed the creature before him. "Do I not frighten you?"