Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Cargo From the Northern Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Danning simply stared at her, the Essyrni lost on him, but her broken common was not. He gave a weakened smile and nodded.

"Th.. thank you. I, I owe you my life." And hesitantly, he attempted to take the weight off of his rescuer while still trying to get a hold on his spinning vision.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Tamina gave a noncommittal grunt and helped him sit up. "There. Try some water," she said slowly, pouring another cup from the pitcher.

visualspice

He nodded and stuttered his thanks, taking the glass and began to cough on the first gulp, needing to turn away and pound a fist against his chest in attempts to calm his fit. But by then his face was still a purplish red, and his throat, still irritated and raw.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She had to swallow a chuckle- it really wasn't funny, it was just the ridiculousness of the situation. "Look, what...happened?" she asked, her head tilting to one side.

visualspice

Finally he was able to get more of the water down, but he still coughed once or twice while doing it. He tried clearing his throat a few times, but before he took more to drink, he looked at her when she posed her question.

"What... happened?" he repeated, then realized what her broken common was and his eyes widened. "Oh! I.. well, I... embarassingly enough, inhaled some of my food and I-"

And that's when he realized he was speaking too fast and with too many words. Right. She wasn't Serenity. She knew little of common. He paused and tried to say it again, much more simply.

"My food.... I swallowed it bad."
He wasn't sure how else to say it, but he felt somewhat like a child needing to speak to her int his way. Still, he gave her a small smile for it, and a look of relief too to have spotted her own smile from earlier. He supposed the situation was a bit silly.

DragonSong

Tamina couldn't hold back the chuckles anymore and she shook her head at him, eyes glinting crimson. "Figured. Serenity...panicked. I meant...what happened- made you choke?"

Draconian

At a loss of what else to do.

What if Danning died?!

What if Tamina couldn't save him!

Serenity shot up and she wrapped her arms around Darius's middle, tucking her cheek against his chest and tried to catch her breath. "I'm sorry! I didn't know he was delicate! I won't go near him anymore. I don't want you to hate me because I killed your new slave," Serenity pulled back to look up at him before her face crumpled again and she pressed herself tighter against him.

visualspice

"Oh... I.. Well, I was.. surprised," he went on, flailing to explain. How else could he simplify it?

DragonSong

Darius patted the girl's head awkwardly. "It's alright, I'm sure he's fine," he tried to assure her. "Why don't we go check on him?"

Tamina rolled her eyes and sat back. She might have made a sarcastic comment if she had a better grasp of his language, but she thought better of it.

"Okay now?" She got to her feet, trying to help him stand as well.

visualspice

"I.." he moved along with her, testing his legs, but misstepped, somehow his foot finding the piece of food he had once choked upon and stumbled forward, arms flailing, grabbing and pulling Tamina with him- and as his back fell onto the bed, he was winded; and it didn't help he had the weight of Tamina upon him as he had taken her down with him!

Draconian

Serenity nodded against Darius before turning and going back to Danning and Tamina. It was with a shcok she found them on the bed and she stoos in the door way, mouth open. "Danning?" Her voice was soft, "Tamina is Danning dead?" Her hand was over her chest, heart pounding. Why else would she be on him on the bed?

DragonSong

Tamina swore quietly in Essyrni as she found herself suddenly sprawled on top of the foreigner. "Here, just- hold on, let me-" She tried to roll off him to give him room to breathe, but Serenity's voice stopped her.

She rolled her eyes heavenward. "Gods give me the strength not to strangle this girl," she muttered.

Darius strolled up behind the girl and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, smirking. "Look, see? He's fine, Mina's taking good care of him." He winked and Tamina made an obscene gesture in his direction.

visualspice

Somehow Danning managed to sit up, hands moving to help Tamina to her own feet as he sat there now, red eared with embarrassment. He didn't know what everyone was saying, but the look Darius made towards them had his ears burning painfully hotter as he cast his eyes shamefully to the ground.

"I am sorry, please forgive me for my clumsiness," he told Tamina, head remaining lowered in shame.

DragonSong

Flustered- which was a rare occurrence for her- and rather discombobulated from constantly switching between Essyrni and her rough Common, Tamina snapped, "Fuck you."

It was meant for Darius, but she realized Danning's voice had drawn her attention and she was looking at him. "Oh- no, I didn't. No no you, fuck him." She gestured back and forth between the two men awkwardly, trying to cover her slip in Common but probably only making it worse.

Darius was laughing now, leaning against the door frame with his arms folded over his chest.

visualspice

Danning was surprised, but as he watched the exchange, he afforded her a worried smile.
"It's alright," he told her, taking her hand and patting it lightly. But really...
To think of all the common she knew...
Fuck had to be one of the words!

Draconian

Serenity found she liked the warmth of his arm.

There was a moment of mourning when he moved away, though she remained in the door way and watched curious. A moment and she gave a little nod and looked to Darius, smiling slightly before ducking her head back down.

Things seemed to be in order, so she gave a smile to Darius - unsure if she was seen - and did her best to slip away.

DragonSong

Darius frowned slightly as the girl moved away. Where was she off to?

He glanced at Tamina, who finally seemed to have righted herself and seemed to be in the process of making sure she hadn't broken any piece of the fragile northerner when she fell on him. "You have things in hand here?"

She nodded and he slipped off after Serenity.

"Sorry about him," Tamina told Danning gruffly. "Makes bad jokes."

visualspice

Still a bit flustered, he nodded.
"It's alright." He turned to look at his food, still half eaten.
"I'll... try to finish this without.. choking," he went on, gesturing on what he meant to do and offering her a lopsided grin.

DragonSong

Tamina smirked. "Maybe I should...stay. Watch you. Make sure," she muttered. Her general expression didn't really lend itself to levity or kindness, but she tried to show him she was just gently teasing with a small flash of a smile.

visualspice

Danning blushed. He got the picture. It was some relief that they were able to communicate in this way, even if very little.
"Thank you," he told her, his eyes gently twinkling. "But I'm not... uh, keeping you from your work?"
He'd hate to be a bigger burden, but he did enjoy the quiet and less distracting company.