Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Cargo From the Northern Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Serenity nodded, "I have a sister. Out master used her with the intention of selling me, worth more, he said." A little nod, stating facts. As Tamina told her to Serenity stayed close, head down, movement like a graceful swan. The jewels and shiny bits sewn to her outfits jingled and she tilted her head, "I am called Serenity." And she smiled again, looking up at the deal going on ahead.

A foreigner. Far more foreign than she.

DragonSong

"Hmm." Tamina put a hand on the girl's shoulder and steered her closer to her side as she approached Darius again.

Just in time to hear him saying, "Very well. I'll be back tomorrow- make sure he's treated well until then."

She gritted her teeth and grabbed his elbow, hissing in his ear, "I can't believe you. How much money did you waste on your charity case?"

He gave her a cool look and pulled his arm away. "It's not a waste, and it comes from my own pocket, not the shop's." His eyes flicked to Serenity and his expression softened. "Hello, love. I take it my assistant hasn't really explained to you what's going on, has she?"

Draconian

Explained what was going on, why would she beed to do that?

"I've been sold with the intention of auctioning off my virginity," Serenity tilted her head, eyes on his lips - eye contact was rude - and then tilted her head, "but beyond that no. But Ive been sold and am noe yours so I will live to make you happy." She paused and turned to the woman that bought her with hesitation before giving the foreign man a brief glance.

"I speak common, if you need it of me," she smiled at them again and once more ducked her head down.

visualspice

Seeing how the buyer lingered, the seller cleared his throat and moved to excuse himself. He had work to do. And soon Danning was jerked along like a dog, and disappeared with the seller into his tent, where only the men's feet could be seen.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"A translator, eh?" Darius perked up, seeming to only focus on that one piece of what the girl had said. "I speak a bit of Common myself, but if you're more fluent than I it will be quite useful."

He glanced around, then beckoned for the two women to follow him. "Come. The stink of this place is making me nauseous. We can talk back at the shop."

Draconian

"It was my first language, Sir." Of course she took notice he didnt say anything about her previous words but she kept her gaze low, watching the tent the blue eyed man went behind and tilted her head ever so slightly. Serenity, ever obedient, stepped behind Tamina, with the intention of following.

Another glance at the tent and she ducked her head again. Talking back at the shop. Serenity had never been fond of talking.

DragonSong

Arriving at The Stray Cat didn't take long at all, but Darius ushered his companions around through the back instead of using the main entrance. It was a faster route to his office, which he gestured for Serenity to enter and take a seat.

"Mina, would you head out to the front desk and take stock of things? Oh, and thank Lilia for me for looking out for the place while we were gone."

Tamina nodded at him, slipping the papers that were the proof of her purchase in the slave markets onto his desk as he sat behind it. "Sure. Oh, and I'll set up a room for the new girl." She turned to leave, laying a hand on Serenity's shoulder and offering her a very small approximation of a smile.

"Welcome home, sweetheart."

Draconian

Serenity followed quietly, silently slipping into the offered seat before she watched curiously, turning her head slightly and looking at Tamina with a tilt to her head. "Thank you, ma'am," her voice was soft and she turned back to the man.

"Do you wish to inspect me?" She questioned, like perhaps he'd like to shak her hand. "I've only have the best training, Sir, i can assure you that I'm untouched simply because my Master had two of us. I do not bite."

DragonSong

Darius quirked an eyebrow. "That won't be necessary, I believe you." He propped his elbows on his desk and rested his chin in his hands. "Actually, I would like to simply talk to you, if that's alright. You see, I run things here a little differently than you may be used to-"

A sudden barking cut him off and Tamina's voice called through the door, "Sorry, I forgot we kept them in all day!"

Before he could reply, two large jackals, one more gold in color than the other, came bounding into his office and nearly leaped over the desk in their effort to reach their master.

"Oof!" Darius had one canine on his lap and the other nudging and pawing at his legs before he could blink. "Oi, down boys- I'm very sorry about this, they're a little excitable," he apologized sheepishly to Serenity. "Now, if we- Ifrit, sit!"

The golden jackal whined and plopped his butt onto the ground, which effectively prevented him from climbing onto the girl's lap as he'd been attempting to do.

Draconian

Serenity froze. Lilac eyes wide while she stared at the beasts. The one that had been trying to climb on her was met with little residtance. These were the masters pets. Which meant she was their pets. Her eyes snapped to the master and then down to.. Ifrit.

A pause and she chewed on her lip, "I have harem training," anothet gance at Ifrit and her fingers itched to pet, " I cant read or write, but... I'll make you happy you bought me, Master, excuse my forwardness, but i noticed the blue eyed man. I imagine he speaks common so... I could help you with him as well, you purchased him, yes?"

DragonSong

"Yes, I imagine he does. A translator would be quite helpful." Darius's eyes crinkled at he corners as he fought a smile and he added kindly, "They're quite friendly, you can pet him if you like." Ifrit's tail thumped against the floor in encouragement at the word "pet".

Sin had curled up on his lap, too big to really fit so he was nearly falling off, but his tail still wagged and he was panting happily.

Darius leaned forward again over the desk, eyes kind. "Listen, Serenity, was it? There is plenty of work here around the shop. If you'd like to entertain customers I certainly won't be upset about it, but if you'd prefer to do something else we can work that out."

He nodded to the door. "Tamina started work here as a prostitute, but we found that her skills are better suited for helping me run the business, so that's what she does." Well, she took a customer occasionally, but he got the distinct feeling that was more to work out her own tensions than anything else. "Do you understand?"

Draconian

Serenity's fingers pushed through fur when she was given passive permission and she smiled down at Ifrit and his happy puppy tail. Listening she glanced at Darius and caught his eye for a moment before she looked down at his desk, fingers working around Ifrits ears.

Did she understand?

A choice?

"I was trained to please my Master," she glanced at him for a moment, "I would like to do that." Was it a trick question? Her hand retracted back to her lap and she took soft breaths. "I dont know how to do anything else," a tilt of her head.

DragonSong

Hmm. He got the feeling she was too well trained to really understand the choice in front of her.

Oh well. Perhaps some time in the Stray Cat would help open her mind a bit. And he certainly wouldn't object to the added revenue.

"Very well." He smiled and nodded at her. "If that's what you'd like. Now, I'll give you a day or two to adjust to life here before I ask you to start taking customers. Your pay will be...hm... Considering your- well, ah, condition of purity, shall we say, we'll see how much money we can get for your first time. If that is enough to pay the cost of what Tamina spent to buy you, then from that point on half of each customer's pay will go to you. If not, you'll work to pay it off, then half the pay will go to you."

He tilted his head at her. "Understood?"

Draconian

"No," she answered honestly, tilting her head frowning slightly before trying to smile. Did she do wrong? What was she supposed to do with pay? Serenity cleared her throat, "but i'll try to learn." She tacked on, looking back at Ifrit and dragging her fingers through his fur again. A little bite of her lip and she looked up again briefly, "may i rest now, master?"

DragonSong

He gave her a sympathetic look. "Of course, I'm sure you're exhausted." His hand gestured toward the door. "Mina will show you to a room. I have some work to get done here. I'll have to be out early in the morning tomorrow, so if you have any questions ask Mina or one of my other employees."

He looked down at the paperwork on his desk, then added belatedly, "Oh, and don't be worried if Ifrit follows you. He'll grow bored after a day or so."

Draconian

Serenity gave a little nod.

So far she decided Ifrit was the best person she'd met. Her fingers scritched at him again and she stood up, graceful as ever. "Grow bored?" She questioned softly, mostly repeating it and being surprised at how disappointed it made her feel.

A brief bow to Darius and she exited out the door seeking the familiar woman to show her where to rest. She was much more tired than she realized.

visualspice

Bathing was a blessing through Hell. Tossed into a pit, waters tossed over him and heavy brushes taken to his skin. This new pain had him singing, wearing his voice out raw. Then waters came again, a subtle relief but once the chill washed away, the heat returned.

His skin was on fire, cracking and bleeding in places unreal. But he at least felt relief enough in being clean.
Tied back in a slavers stall, he watched the sun set in quiet. It seemed the sunset was beautiful everywhere. He scratched at his beard with a wince. He was never fond of facial hair, an itchy inconvenience of men.

When his sellercame back, the priest simply stared at him, trying to figure out his language through his mannerisms. All he got from it was the man was pleased and Danning given a hard roll and bowl of water for dinner.he ate it greedily before finding himself drifting off to sleep with the coming of night.

He awoke to a woman's cry, but as He tried to twist around from where he was bond, he managed to trip over himself, instead. From where he was on his knees he could see his seller and a woman bickering, and when the woman turned his way he saw her orange eyes.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Tamina caught te girl's arm quickly and tugged her along up a flight of stairs, chattering briskly. "You'll be staying with Adaara and maybe Serryn, if I can't find him another place to sleep. Through this door here."

She stopped and gestured. "If you need anything, my room is on the first floor, next to Darius's. Sleep well." She gave her a rather forced smile and patted Ifrit'a head before turning to leave.

In his office, Darius felt his eyes drooping and had to shake himself to stay awake. Honestly, his mind was still in the man at the markets. He'd be back in the morning for him, but even a few hours in the salve markets could be deadly.

Gods. The foreigner didn't stand a chance.

visualspice

He couldn't tell what time of day it was, but it was dark.

"You sold this pig for how much?!"

"Nearly twice as much as your offer, Lady Kahalla. You know how business is."

She grit her teeth. "I know very well how it is." She looked towards Danning. "I hadn't considered youd get another offer.." She looked the priest over. "Who was it that bought him?"

"Darius Faharn."

The woman's eyes darkened.

"Darius?" And she said not another word, leading her entourage straight to the man's brothel and the group filtered right into his office.

"Oh good, you're here," the Orange eyed woman went on, pushing back her sleeves. "We need to talk."

DragonSong

Darius blinked and suddenly shot to his feet. Sin was off his lap, hackles raised as he growled at the intruders. He put a hand on the jackal's shoulders and rubbed gently, murmuring, "Easy boy."

He cocked a hip to lean against his desk and offered a charming smile. "Why, Lady Kahalla, to what do I owe the pleasure? It's past usual business hours for a lady such as yourself- and I'm afraid Rose hasn't been feeling well, I gave her the week off."

He smirked at her little entourage. "Of course, if you're here to treat your employees, I'm sure we can work something out."

Tags: