Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Cargo From the Northern Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Tamina knelt beside him with a very small smile. "Marhabaan ya 'atfal," she told him quietly.

To the oldest child, the boy clinging to his mother's leg, she said softly, "Hadha hu Danning, waqal 'annah sayatimm yuraqib kharijaan lak."

visualspice

His smile was still unsure, but he at least gave it a try, "Marhabun ya 'atfull". His northern tongue easily tangled up some of the vowels, which made all three of the kids give a shy smile or laugh.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Tamina covered her mouth with a hand to hide a smile. "Forgive him, silly northerner," she said to the kids in Essyrni, making them giggle.

The youngest, a two year old boy, started to fuss when his mother moved to put him down. Ashanti clung to her father's neck and her lip started to quiver.

"Come now, we'll see you in a few hours for a noon meal," Kiilla murmured to her son, kissing his head gently.

visualspice

Danning knew their plight well enough as he smiled even if a little sadly. It was never fun to leave a child, even for a short duration.
"Do the children have a favorite toy.. or perhaps a game they like to play?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

When Kiilla tilted her head at him, Tamina translated as best she could and the woman smiled, then said something in quick Essyrni, hands gesturing.

"Sun likes hiding games," Tamina told Danning, indicating the youngest child. "Ashanti likes to draw. We give her charcoal and cloth to play with, usually."

Narim babbled something at her and she smiled, pulling the child onto her lap. "He says he's too old for games, but he likes stories."

visualspice

"Thank you," he went on with a gracious nod. "I know you must all be very busy. Please... Do not worry about their care. They will be safe with me." Language barrier or not, there was something universal about children that Danning was interested in testing. After all, they were the innocence of the world.

DragonSong

Tamina nodded and stood. "They are learning Common and Thanati- Darius wants them to be well educated. Feel free to make them practice."

Despite his age, Narim knew enough Common to understand the gist of that and started complaining in rapid Essyrni. His mother frowned and cuffed his head lightly, then leaned in to kiss Tamina's cheek. She gave Danning a small wave and a smile before slipping away.

Kiilla gave a smile of her own and said haltingly, "Thanks you. Gods...bless." She nodded, then took A'lcarn's arm to lead him away once he'd given Ashanti a quick kiss goodbye.

visualspice

He was left to tend to the children for hours, and though awkward at first, it seemed the language barrier grew meaningless as Danning went through all sorts of universal means of entertainment to keep the children occupied. Though not always successful, drawing in the sands kept some of their attention, and also kept them mildly amused since Danning's abilities weren't half bad, and the drawings of northern birds were their favorites (until the sand drawings eventually got mostly trampled on by other running activities). Shadow puppets too, seemed to keep them enthralled, for Danning kept to actions over words until things quieted down and the two youngest were sleeping, and the eldest he was now teaching some of the northern tongue, as well as some more common.

It had been an exhausting day, but he enjoyed- no doubt a brightness in the dark path that befell him when he winded up in the desert of all places.

OOC: I was thinking draccy could post next, but I don't mind if both girls show up too XD just figure I'd check in with @Draconian on this one since she hasn't gotten a chance to post in a while!

Draconian

Serenity had spent the day cleaning.

Or cleaning what she could find.

Her silvery hair was up in a ponytail and she was dressed in her, perhaps too revealing, clothes. She supoosed she should find the priest. He'd wanted to learn essyrni and Serenity was the most fluent in both languages. So it was later in the day that her waterfall of silvery hair and of course, her head popped around a door way and she smiled brightly at the priest.

Him thinking her not good enough to sell still hurt her feelings but... She was biger than that. "Hello," a pleasant wiggle of her fingers in greeting, "I thought I'd teach you some essyrni if you arent too tired "

visualspice

The children had already been returned to their parents at this point, and the day was growing late, the sun setting low. The world was cast in long shadows, which he admired from the small window he perched near at the back of the brothel house.

He barely heard her coming, but felt no need to fear that someone would be sneaking up to kill in such a place. But it was nice to see Serenity again and he turned to her, bowing humbly. And as usual, he kept his eyes clean and focused on her face, rather than the loose layers of too revealing clothes.

"I am never too tired to decline the offered help of others." he gave her a smile, and he might have looked tired, but again, it was evident he was happy to see her again. The children had been exhausting and well, it was a nice change of pace to speak naturally.
He approached her. "How was your day?"

Draconian

Serenity smiled widely.

Shifted a little to display, perhaps, a little too much of her body. It was a dirty game, but she was determined for him to at least see her at least as pretty. There was no intention of doing anything but some little piece of her told her that if she couldn't at least make him look at her with desire she wasn't doing her job right.

So, pushing her silvery hair over her shoulder she walked into the room, little bells on her hips jiggling while she walked. "My day was easy, I just cleaned a little," She moved until she was standing beside him, subtly pressing her breasts to his arm and looked around the room. "Do you need help? We can practice Essyrni while we right the room?"

visualspice

He was moving to do just that, when he felt the heat and softness of her breasts through the sheer fabric that did little to hide (or nothing, rather) the details of what she was. It caught him a little off guard and she might have felt him jump, but he turned to her, eyes avoided her chest while looking clear to her eyes as he smiled.

"Some help would be most appreciated, thank you." He released a sigh and got to one knee, fixing the dusty carpet on his floor from where it was left askew.

Draconian

Fetching a broom from the corner of the room, Serenity wandered past Danning. Her movements were fluid, meant to draw the eye to the more interesting parts of her body. Every moment was like a dance, practiced and precise.  Only a few notches above erotic. Serenity was blissfully unaware of all of this while she swept the stuff out the door - that was how people cleaned, right?

While she cleaned, she prattled on in Essyrni, repeating it in common and then going through the sentence again and breaking down the words easier, getting Danning to repeat her. Finally the sweeping was done and she stretched her arms high over her head, grinning. Hmm... "Danning," She said softly, "What's it like where you're from?"

visualspice

He was a quick learner, an eager one, so even her attempts of distraction (as natural as they were) were not a deterrent. The sentence was repeated until he began to figure it out, broke it down to each word and stored it solidly to,memory.

He thanked her for the lesson, and smiled as he took a seat on the bed and motioned for her to join him as he patted a space beside himself.

"I can assure you its much different than here. A lot.. Colder, and there is,more weather, more trees and a lot more wind."

Draconian

The seat was accepted gratefully and Serenity sat down slowly. Calculated. There was never a time where she could look frumpy or out of place. While she listened to him, she arranged the fabrics of her clothing to sit perfectly and the pale locks of her hair to spill over her shoulder in a lovely wave.  Curiously she took his hand between hers. Her own were soft and well manicured, like she'd never worked a day in her life.

Which was accurate.

"Colder?" she shivered at the idea, unable to imagine it being cold. "Did you like it there?" She ventured, playing with his hand while she spoke, "I imagine it wasn't too grand, if you ended up here." There was a pause and she held his hand to her lap, his palm to her upper thigh, "You could learn to like it here."

visualspice

Instincts had him retracting his hands, if only to keep hers and his on his lap.

"I didn't come here by choice," he told her softly.

Draconian

A gentle squeeze to his hand and Serenity sighed.

"I know. But you could learn to like it here," a little smile and a tilt of her head, "I have."

visualspice

He smiled too and looked into her eyes.
"I'm sure I will. God has a plan for me and I must remain faithful and see this fate through." Whatever it May be.

Draconian

A little squint of her eyes and she looked down to their hands where she began to play with his fingers again, pressing them palm to palm to test the size difference.

"What do you think it is?" She tilted her head, smiling and looking bright eyed, "I can't wait to make a man happy. Or a woman, I suppose," She looked thoughtful for a moment, "But I wasn't trained for that. Mostly how to please a man. I was supposed to end up in a harem, I think but..." She shrugged and looked at their hands again, smiling, "This could be nice."

visualspice