Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Cargo From the Northern Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Oh, that's hardly why I'm here and you should know it." Her hand went to her hip. "You were at the market today and made a few purchases."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

He quirked an eyebrow. "I did. What of it?"

Sin was still growling, low and quiet, and his fingers tightened in his fur.

visualspice

"There was a man slave, a foreign man slave I spoke coin for. But when I returned for him, I find that you had bought him for near double!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Ah." Darius spread his hands with an innocent smile. "I'm afraid I was not told he was spoken for. And as you say, I've already paid. I'm not sure what you'd like me to do."

His expression was perfectly harmless, but there was a subtle change in the air around him as he straightened up slightly, an aura of unmistakable warning, a predator on guard.

visualspice

"I am not here to cast blame, Darius Farahne. I'm here to strike a deal, with the very newly purchased male slave with blue eyes."

DragonSong

"I see." He narrowed his eyes slightly. "And what deal would that be, milady?"

visualspice

"To make you an offer on the new slave, of course," she went on, smiling prettily, but growing tired of these games. "I didn't think much of the slave at first, but I've come to negotiate his value to you to see where we might be able to work out a price."

DragonSong

Darius gave her a broad smile, for a moment flashing the fangs he kept so often hidden. "I'm afraid that's not an option. I've purchased the man, he's mind. You'll just have to live with the disappointment."

visualspice

Her smile faltered, but her orange eyes never once left his.
"Even if I offered double what you paid?"

DragonSong

"Even then." He shrugged. "Why are you so invested in some grubby foreigner anyhow?"

visualspice

Her eyes became pointed.
"I could ask you the same question, but I'm not a nosy merchant as much as some would like to believe."

DragonSong

"Very well." Darius beamed at her and gestured to the door. "In that case, I trust you can show yourself out. Of course you are always welcome, milady, and if you'd like I could send you notice when Rose is feeling well again. Oh-"

His smile turned into more of an expression of bared teeth. "But I must ask that you never come barging into my office unannounced again, Lady Kahalla. It is certainly not becoming of someone of your standing- not to mention who knows what might happen to you if I thought you were some sort of intruder."

visualspice

Her eyes cut into Darius as she frowned.
"I would have hoped you would recognize I am a merchant princess, and no such intruder." She regarded him a moment, then his dog, then gestured to her men. "I might come again. But not to see Rose." With a snap of her fingers, she turned from him and saw herself out.

DragonSong

Hm. He'd have to keep an eye on that one.

With a tired sigh, Darius slumped back into his chair. Sin whined and nosed his hand, licking at his fingertips. He patted the jackal's head. "It's alright, boy. Just need some rest..."

Rest he just wasn't going to get. By the time he'd finished the paperwork he'd been putting off, dawn was breaking and Sin had curled up on his feet, fast asleep.

With a huff, Darius gathered a coin purse and slipped out of the back door of the brothel, leaving a not for Tamina telling her to mind the shop while he made his way to the slave markets to pick up his purchase.

visualspice

Danning had barely fallen back to sleep when a jerk on his chains forced him onto his feet.
"Your new owner is here. Show some respect and get on your feet."

He loved the position of his booth for he could see potential buyers coming long before they could see him. He scooped a fresh cup of water and dumped it into Danning's bowl, before moving away from the stalls to greet Lord Faharn.

"Ah, a lovely day for business, wouldn't you agree?"

DragonSong

Oi. This slimy bastard. It was far too early to be dealing with this.

Darius smiled and shook the man's hand. "Yes, I believe I would. I trust everything we discussed is in order?"

visualspice

The man was all smiles.
"We cleaned him up well for you, have a look," and he stepped back, gesturing towards Danning who remained standing, and quite evidently weary, in his stall.

DragonSong

It took a lot of his self control not to go over and offer the poor man a shoulder to lean on. "Yes. Excellent, thank you."

He grinned and passed over the coin purse. "There you are, as promised. Now, I believe I'll take my purchase and be on my way."

visualspice

The man greedily weighed the pouch in his palm, and moved to unlock the chains on the man's wrists, replacing them with thick rope, which he then handed over to Darius.

"Here, I hope you are happy with your purchase. We hope to get more in stock from his lands within the months." And he bowed to the other man before stepping away, and into his little make shift office where he couldn't wait to count out his gold.

DragonSong

"Yes, yes, wonderful." As soon as the man was out of sight, Darius dropped his smile and frowned at the rope in his hand.

In slow, heavily accented Common, he told Danning quietly, "I'm afraid I need to keep this on you until we get back to my residence, but it won't be too much longer."

Tags: