Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Cargo From the Northern Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Danning had been clumsily following behind his new master. He wasn't used to walking around without shoes, nor was he used to wearing so little. But there was a hardiness to him, something evidently bred to those of the North. So he was able to keep up as they walked, but when his master to be began to talk in common, he tripped over his own two feet and stared at him with wide eyes.

"You.. you speak common?"
It was the first time he had spoken to any person here that he truly believed could understand him, and the hope in his eyes was more than evident; as was the natural peace his disposition brought about. There was no evidence this man was a fighter-f or he had no real hard muscles to prove just that. And his skin looked too soft.... and his demeanor.. almost child like in innocence.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Darius smiled at the man, trying to look reassuring. "Yes. A little. There is someone back home, a girl. She speaks more. She can translate if you need her."

visualspice

This sudden change, this new way to actually communicate relit the priest's hope as he stumbled along. He had somuch he wished to ask, but kept his questions guarded. He still needed to see where he was going, and why.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

It didn't take long to get to the Stray Cat, and once again Darius ushered his companion through the back door.

For the second time in as many days, he found himself gesturing for a slave to sit opposite him at the desk. "Here. I assume they didn't really feed you, would you like something to eat? Water?"

Draconian

It took a grand amount of bravery for her to listen for the new arrival and even more to the office she'd sat at yesterday. Even more still to poke her head through the door way and step into the room. As always, Serenity was picture perfect, not a hair was out of place and every wrinkle and fold in her clothing was intentional. If it could be called clothing. It covered barely anything and if a breeze blew by she'd be bare to all - not that she cared.

Under the impression that she was going to help talk to the new man, the foreigner, she remained by the door, head down, quiet as a mouse, occasionally stealing glances to her newest master and her fellow slave.

visualspice

The unique scents of the Stray Cat weren't lost to him, nor were the carefully polished bead curtains they passed through. The lighting was even strange, keeping things dim despite the time of day, and when he was gestured to sit,he moved to obey, but sitting like a normal man in a normal chair was a lot more difficult and painful than he'd realize,a nd he released long breaths of wheezes as he sat and tried to get comfortable.

At the mention of food, he trembled a little, until his eyes moved over the form of someone new and he found himself staring at a woman with barely a thing on. Instantly his cheeks heated to pink and he turned away, towards - who he could only suppose, was his new master, and then began to see past him to....

He instantly dropped his gaze. He might have been a man of Faith, but he knew well enough the implications of a whore house.

A whore house. Had he just been sold into a place of prostitution?

DragonSong

"Ah, Serenity!" Darius beamed and beckoned her over. "Come on, don't be shy. This is Serenity, our sort-of-translator. Serenity, this is-"

He stopped himself short, then suddenly laughed and looked at Danning with a smile. "Forgive me, I've completely forgotten to ask your name."

There was a scratching at the door, then suddenly Ifrit came charging through to bound to his master's side, then circle Serenity's legs happily, tongue lolling. Darius rolled his eyes at the jackal.

Draconian

Serenity movrd closer, silent steps before she was standing next to Danning. "It helps if you pick a new name," she said simply in common, trying to smile, "this Master seems nice, you should feel lucky to have such a kind Master," and then Ifrit was there and she smiled at the beast, crouching slightly to pet the top of his head before smiling kindly at Danning again.

visualspice

The fan fare within this new environment was a bit too much for the priest to take in. He felt dizzy and a bit jarred, and it took him a few times to gather his wits about him before speaking.

"I... So... I've been sold... to you?" he asked, voice still raspy, and it was evident each word spoken brought him pain. But his eyes were clear as he looked at Darius, still not certain what he ought to make of this entire situation.

Master? Slave? Ansgar's name....
He'd never thought he'd find himself all the way in these lands, and in such a state!

He still wasn't here sure where here really was..
He could only presume Essyrn.

DragonSong

"Yes." Darius gave him a rather sympathetic look.  "Yes, I'm afraid that's the situation." He patted Ifrit's head absently as the animal sat between him and Serenity, nosing at them both anytime the petting started to die down.

"Let me try to explain." He rested his chin on his hand. "My name is Darius Farahn. I own and manage this establishment, and yes, I bought you. But this may not be what you think. Your skills will decide how you work in this shop, I won't force anything from you."

visualspice

A chilled, rippling curdled down his veins and settled into his belly, tying it into a knot. This was not what he thought? How couldhe know what he was even thinking? He wasn't from these lands!

"So I'm your slave..."
He cringed the moment the words left his tongue, and there was a sort of hurt looking expression consuming his face. He shook his head, then buried his face into his hands.

"By Ansgar's name..." he muttered to himself. How could this be?

Raking his hand through his dark rooted, but still bright blonde hair, he released a long heated breath and raised his head.

"Is there no option for me to appeal this? This... being your slave? I'm not even from here, I don't even know where here is!" he went on, voice straining as it was evident it was hard for him to keep it all together. Blue eyes wavered with tears as he went on, "I am a man of God! A preacher and student who only belongs to the God, Ansgar!"
His voice began to rise up a bit harsher and more desperate sounding than he wanted to-
But he felt like some cornered animal- and he was not about to simply roll over and concede.

DragonSong

Oh dear.

Darius sighed and dragged a hand through his hair, biting at his lower lip as he watched the man break down.

"I'm sorry," he said softly. "Truly I am. But this...this is how things are. I've lived in Essyrn long enough to know there is no appeal court for slaves- they won't care that you're a foreigner, as far as this city is concerned you're property."

He tried for a bit of a smile. "It could be worse, you know. I'm hardly a saint, but I treat my people well."

He tilted his head and got slowly to his feet, not wanting to startle the man as he crossed to stand in front of him. He knelt to be closer to his level. "Would you tell me your name...Father?"

His common was a little rusty, and it took him a moment to come up with a title that might be appropriate to address a priest.

Draconian

Serenity stared between them for a moment. Having been such a young age since she was taken from Serendipity she blinked wide lilac eyes and the word 'father' crossed her path and she gasped audibly. "Master," she looked at Darius, "hes your sire?"

Then she frowned, "why dont you know his name?"

DragonSong

"Um, no." Darius chuckled and gave the girl an almost charmed look. He slipped into Essyrni as he tried to explain. "I was trying to- do northerners have any specific title to address a priest?"

visualspice

It was too much for him to take in. He was trapped, no better than the hull he was confined to when dragged here. And when his master approached him, standing and trying to be at his level, Danning tried to do the same, when suddenly he grew light headed and swooned.

DragonSong

"Oh-" Darius bit back a curse and swooped in to catch the man under his arms, trying to lower him gently back to te chair. "Easy, easy," he murmured.

His eyes flicked to Serenity. "Could you get some water? And Tamina, if you see her."

His attention turned back to the priest. "Here, can you look at me? How's your head feel?"

Draconian

Serenity stared at him, wide-eyed.

Quickly enough she rushed away, calling for Tamina and pressed a hand to Taminas back when she spotted the woman. "The foreign one has fallen ill," she said, holding out the cup of water for Tamina to take into the room.

visualspice

Still reeling, Danning groaned and allowed himself to be guided back to his chair. A hand went to his head, to keep the world from spinning but even then, it was hard to digest his fate.

DragonSong

"Darius? The new girl said you needed me..."

Tamina trailed off when she saw her employer crouch beside the foreigner. He really did look sick. She passed the water over without a word and Darius pressed it into Danning's hand.

"Drink," he urged quietly. "It'll help."

visualspice

He needed a drink so bad he did just that, downing it all, but not without a few chokes along the way. But the water felt good, and grounded him enough to peer back at the people around him with hazy vision.

"F...Father," he went on, licking his lips. "Father Danning Bengin Gates, is what they call me. My full name.." he was panting some after his drink. "And title."