Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fresh Cargo From the Northern Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, July 05, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Tamina, who had a rudimentary understanding of Common at best, cast Darius a confused look. He mouthed "more water" at her and she nodded, slipping away.

"Hello, Father Gates." Darius smiled and sat back when it seemed the man could support himself. "Welcome to the Stray Cat."

visualspice

Even though thoroughly exhausted, the priest couldn't help but frown at his welcoming. This was not how his life was to be. This was not the path he studied for, gave his life for....

He shook his head, closing his eyes and just trying to stay calm.

"The Stray Cat?"

The name made him frown as he looked from Darius then over to Serenity. Again, he saw right through her attire and looked down, shame faced. And he was shaking his head again.

"This isn't right. It can't  be. It mustn't." And his blue eyes opened to look over at Darius.

"I was born free... all men were born free, deserving the rights of any and all other men!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"That's a nice sentiment, Father," Darius sighed, leaning back against his desk. "But I'm afraid the reality is very different." He shrugged. "I believe you- you don't need to preach to me. But the fact is, this is the way the world works. You can either fight the tide and die young, or learn to make the current work for you."

visualspice

"Are you giving me the option?" he asked, eye hardening at the very idea behind it all.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Darius spread his hands. "Sure. I won't keep you here, you can walk out that door any time you like." His eyebrow quirked up. "But the people out there will break you, Father. You're best chance is here with us."

Draconian

Serenitt stepped forward from her place at the door, standing beside the Father so close thay her arm brushed. Sounded weird. She wrinkled her nose at the title. "He isn't lying, Danning," her voice was soft, "I was lucky to never experience it but I know there are far more cruel Masters. The people here seem content, there isnt much more I could have hoped for." She placed her hand on the priests shoulder.

"I am Serenity. I was purchased only yesterday and I hope that you and I could grow to be friends," she smiled again , leaning closer, clearly having no idea how personal space worked.

visualspice

It was hard to gauge if this were some sort of a trick, but he sighed after realizing his fight did not belong here. None of these people were hurting him or forcing him into anything...
Except...
He frowned at the idea. Accepting slavery.

It didn't matter how it was angled, he just had a hard time swallowing it. He took a moment, drawing in a long breath before releasing it. But then he felt a touch at his side and his eyes moved to the new woman, curiously. Although her attire still made him quite uncomfortable, he was aware enough to avoid it. Instead, he looked into her eyes.

"I have no doubt any of your words," he spoke, not just to Serenity, but to Darius and the others listening as well. "But I wasn't born, or raised to accept such ideals..."

It was then he spied Tamina and recalled her from the other day.

"Food and water... I suppose to rest more and have real food and clean water to drink might help me take all of this new information in. If you'd please," and he bowed his head humble, and low.

DragonSong

Darius smiled at Serenity, grateful she seemed to have taken it upon herself to act as ambassador, while Tamina just rolled her eyes.

"I suppose that's my cue," she said, stepping forward. "Serenity, stay with us so you can translate. Tell him I'm going to take him to get some good, then show him where he can sleep."

Draconian

Serenity nodded.

"She said she's going to get you some food and then take you somewhere to sleep," Serenity ran her hand up and down his arm and looked back at the pair. Slavery wasnt that scary was it? Serenity held out her hand and tried to smile, "I dont remember the north but I'll try to help you adjust."

visualspice

It wasn't until she mentioned the North as a location did he realize she was also a foreigner as well. He had kept his eyes from her so as not to give her reason for shame, but his eyes did meet with her's. She seemed a sweet thing, a bit quiet and withdrawn, but at least she was another person here to identify with that was not hostile.

"Thank you," he told her, his smile turning warm. "Do you know where you're from?"

Draconian

An odd question.

"Serendipity," she supplied, voice soft and thoughtful then she frowned, "Darken Vei maybe. It was north. I was very young, " she smiled at Danning again, eyes warm. "But that was a lifetime ago. I'm here now, and its my job to please my Master," she turned back to smile at Darius, pleased that she could claim such a thing.

"You could learn a place too," she tilted her head, giving Dannings arm a squeeze, "its not all terrible."

visualspice

Serendipity. He could have easily guessed that by her looks.
"I'm afraid my only position in the world is to preach the word of Ansgar's and the priests before me. And I doubt there'd be such a position here," he went on, affording her a tired smile.

DragonSong

Evidently tired of not understanding the conversation, Tamina gave a brusque, "Let's go," and beckoned for the two to follow her.

Darius settled himself back at his desk and gave the priest an apologetic sort of smile. "She's not as scary as she seems, promise."

Draconian

Serenity smiled at Danning, cupping his cheek in one hand and pushing his hair from his face with the other. "We'll find you a new one," Serenity tilted her head, thumb stroking his cheek and smiling, "and while you're here you'll be a different you. To be safe. And maybe one day you can be the you from the north." Serenity looked up at Tamina for a moment and nodded.

Pulling away, she smoothed her 'clothing', frowning and adjusting her top and in the process gave everyone in the room a free show of her breasts. Pushing her hair over shoulder she curled her arm around Dannings and smiled. "I'll help you, if they ask it of me."

visualspice

Danning had no idea how to deal with such a suggestion, but he simply shook his head. No, he'd have no other job, no other purpose before his God...
But he had to wonder, why did this woman feel her purpose was here? Did she really believe this was the path her life fated her to? He could not believe it for an instant. No one was destined a life without freedom.

He stumbled along behind the women, his legs still feeling quite strange- not to mention a natural reaction to the showy-ness of his translator. But such primal instincts were easily cast aside, and tiredly, he followed the two women to who knew where.

DragonSong

"Here." Tamina led them through the winding back rooms and halls of the Stray Cat. This early in the day, the brothel was fairly quiet. Ifirit trotted along behind them, sticking close to Serenity's side.

"In this room." She opened a door that led to one of the smaller rooms and beckoned Danning through. "Serenity, do you remember where the kitchen is? See if you can scrounge up some stew or something, anything that will be easy on a northern stomach."

Draconian

There was a small smile and a nod. She gave Danning a squeeze on the shoulder and Ifrit a pat on the head before heading to the kitchen. Having been denied nothing she helped herself to the food, without worry and filled a bowl with stew - before the spices were added - and found a peice of left over bread. It was a few minutes before she returned and it was with a hesitant smile, stew and bread in hand.

"I didnt add any spices," she said simply, a little smile on her face, "should eat slowly though, too much on an empty stomach could make you sick."

visualspice

Following along in silence, Danning's eyes strayed towards the dog that followed them. A curious creature. It was actually happy here int his environment- and normally animals were not ones to hide their emotions. It was at least a good sign and he smiled towards the dog before he heard some sort of direction given by Tamina. He nodded to her, and knew enough what she wanted from her pointing and bowed his head to her before passing through.

His blue eyes searched the room. It was dimly lit, but it didn't need much lighting. He could see just fine, thoughthere was not much to see. Turning back to Tamina, he gave her a smile and it looked as if he might say something, but then Serenity appeared, and Danning turned away.
It wasn't polite to stare.

When the food was offered he looked over, bowed his head to the girl and said, "Thank you." He helped her set the things on a nearby table before he took a seat and gestured to them both, "Are either of you hungry.. err.. would like something to eat?"

He did not know how to ask Tamina directly, but he did his best with a pantomime but after a moment, he sighed sheepishly and dropped his hands. she probably thought he was crazy.

DragonSong

Tamina found herself laughing- not the harsh, bitter bark that was common of her, more of a gentle chuckle.

In incredibly slow, heavily accented common, she shook her head at the priest and said. "No. You...eat. Food...for you only." She cast a half glance at Serenity as though checking to make sure she hadn't inadvertently said something offensive.

Ifrit pranced around the younger's girl's legs happily, then bounded over and shoved his head against Danning's leg.

Tamina rolled her eyes and said to Serenity in Essyrni, "Could you tell him to just shove the damn dog away when he gets annoying? He's not gonna bite or anything."

visualspice

"Ah." He gave a sheepish smile and bowed his head. "Thank you." And he moved over the food, bowed his head low and prayed.