Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Into the Hallow

Started by Magyar, July 06, 2016, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

A cove just gracing the perimeter of Athervaan lake was in high tide, filling the small pool that sat empty for half of the day, and giving a drink to the few beasts and critters that called it home. A squirrel took notice of the filling pool, and hopped off of the rock ledge in which it had stashed it's acorns.

A small ashen explosion knocked the little beastie away from the pool, painting the walls black and gray, and tainting the pool with it's char. In the middle of the blast, a slim frame clutching a singed furball sat crouching, head down.

Aohdei snapped his head up, eyes wide and breathing heavily. He quickly scanned the room, and then subsequently released the cat shifter he was holding, and dropped his dagger. Leaning back against the rock wall of the small cove, he began to laugh, "It worked!" Remembering his passenger, he looked back at the cat, who's fur was on end, "Don't attack me. I just saved your cat ass."

( @Fukurou @Sheshia @You had to see it  OOC:Partner thread)

Sheshia

(Ooc: Thanks for letting us know about this new thread! :) It'll be easier and it helped a lot.))

The werecat looks  at Aohdei not completely recovered from what just happened. "Thanks I suppose." Her tail lashes, "You could've just left me there so why did you sort of.... teleport me here? I am your enemy who nearly killed you." She was still in a lot of pain and was getting pretty tired but she still didn't trust Aohdei at all since he went from crazy killer to a somewhat considerate person. Though she also reminded herself that she had also tried to kill him so she gussed both of them were even now. Hopefully even.

Magyar

"Because you know enough about me to be dangerous." Aohdei sighed, and tilted his head back, "Also I was holding you at the time, and so it didn't matter what I would've done. You were coming with me anyway. I just hope Rylzyr makes it out." Letting his head fall back down, he eyed the cat cautiously.

"Now what?" he asked, the question sticking in the air, echoing slightly in the awkwardly abrupt silence.

Sheshia

Sheshia agreed with her knowing a lot about Aohdei now and that it was the spurr of the moment chance to escape alive. Though she sort if wasn't willing to find out what would happen if Rylzyr appeared here. She felt Aohdei look at her and ask a question, "Now we have to wait. Neither of us are in the right conditions to move around much. Buuut can I trust you if I fall asleep you won't gut me like a fish? I won't finish you off if you promise me you won't kill me. Even if you sleep too. Since both of us won't heal as fast if we both stay awake."

Magyar

Aohdei shot a skeptical look at his unlikely ally, and sheathed his dagger, the soft rasping of leather on steel ringing quietly against the stone walls surrounding them. Tilting his head back again, he asked another question without returning his gaze to Sheisha, "Are you going to stay in that form while you sleep? Doesn't it feel weird?"

Aohdei closed his eyes and slowly relaxed, his perception of time slugging along, yet speeding past him. the sky in his peripheral vision melted into different colours, mixing like oil and blood, spread on a fading blue canvas. Before he had realized what was truly happening, he shifted his position and looked to the exit of the cove, only to see deep blues and twinkling white dots. That was really trippy. I must have really been sleep deprived, or something. Jeez.

Sheshia

Sheshia shrugs, "I should shift back. Give this form a bit of time to regrow some fur hopefully." She gets up and pads over behind a extremely thick group of trees and bushes. After a few minutes she walks out stretching her arms wearing her daily clothing which was a greenish tunic, brown leather boots and dark brown pants. "To be honest wish I had my gown still, it was so comfortable and I could just fall asleep immediately in it. But this'll do." She settled down and started to look at the lake and listening to her surroundings.

Magyar

"We should move. Matron's Hallow isn't a place you want to let your guard down in."  Aohdei stood slowly, stretching as he erected himself. His back, and several joints popped and cracked, and then he walked over to Sheshia. Giving the girl a small kick, he waded into the lake. "Come on. I'm not staying here, and neither should you."

Sheshia

Sheshia sighs and gets up going into the lake, "How did you find this place?" She really liked the surrounding area. Everything about it reminded her about her birth place in the short summers they would get which almost alwayd would become a hospitable place to live in winter. She felt at home there while she listens to the creatures in the brush and the sounds of the lake. Wondering where they we going she just made a few guesses in her mind and stuck to them.

Magyar

Aohdei the ash from his face, arms, and chest, letting the water spill over him, soothing his irritated skin.

"I don't know. I've never been here, at least not in this body. I remember it vaguely, but I've heard enough stories to know that this place has dangers of it's own to watch out for."

He relaxed, and leaned back into the water, letting it take him slowly back to shore.

Sheshia

"Wow thiugh fire demons like you wouldn't like water." Sheshia says with a slight smile. It's the first time she has ever seen a demon swimming, not that she had much room to talk. She just waded in the water looking into it for fish hopefully, she was pretty hungry after all. "What are you going to do? We sort of are stuck here huh?"

Magyar

"Technically no, I mean you could swim out if you wanted. We're a little stuck, yeah." Aohdei replied, "And I am still almost technically not really a human. Body has needs, y'know?"

He stood up, water dripping from him onto the grassy cove floor. He walked over to Sheshia and flicked water in her general direction. "We're more or less waiting on me. I'll be able to get both of us to the more civilized side of the lake easily enough after a while, but I'm going to need to eat. D'you think you could find something? I'll cook." He said, grinning at the last words.

Sheshia

"Im working on it." She looks at Aohdei who was smiling, "What? If you try to eat me I'll give you a nasty belly ache." She jokes a bit and grabs a fish and tosses it ashore while she sits still again looking for more fish not even blinking as she looks at the surface intently.

Fukurou

A crack resonated throughout the hallow as a portal ripped open in mid-air. The abomination descended from its swirling depths, landing on the grassy ground with a thump. The portal closed and they stood up straight, bones cracking as they rolled their shoulders and fluffed out their wings.

Magyar

Aohdei, previously enjoying a quiet night and regaining strength, suddenly heard a deafening crackling, popping noise, one that he recognized as demonic energy displacing time and space. Twisting violently, he saw the dragon man that was Rylzyr straighten. Readjusting their wings, the abomination seemed quite content with their surroundings.

"So..." Aohdei started, but trailed off, "are you stuck like that? Permanently? We're still in Connloath you know, and even then, most places don't generally accept dragon demons."

Sheshia

Sheshia sits up grumbling and rubbing her eyes with her hair a complete mess. The fish she had ate was tossed back into the lake since she didn't want t risk attracting anything bear or wolf like creatures. When she sees Ryzlr she jumps up and backs up a bit, "Is he here to hurt me?" She didn't trust the unstable creature at all, not in the very least.

Magyar

"I'm sure you'll be fine." Aohdei said dismissively, although he did beckon her closer to him, and put himself closer to Rylzyr than she.

Fukurou

The abomination let out a deep chuckle as Sheshia sank away timidly. "Harm you? Now, what would I gain from that? I would much rather talk," they purred. "Ah... Pardon my lack of manners. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Aoloadh'xez: archdemon of knowlege." The abomination bowed and as they spoke, the dark, smooth tones of the demon overpowered the lilting tenor voice of the mage. "And to answer your question, my dear friend, the being before you--the abomination--is not permanent. To be perfectly honest, I find this form to be quite restricting but I'm sure the mage finds it to be even more unpleasant than I do."

Magyar

"Ah." Aohdei replied markedly. Looking the monstrous creature up and down, he rather slowly said,

"How long will this last, exactly? Again, time and place are rather bad for this particular situation." He punctuated his statement by gesturing to the general direction of The Archdemon Mage. Following up, he asked, "Do you happen to know a certain Pale King? Also goes by Ro'ahdyeszga, and is the self proclaimed lord of flame, not that anyone disputes the title. I used to be of his service, and I heard tell of a wandering Draconic Lord who possessed deep wisdom and knowledge, more so than even the most ancient Wyrm should own."

Shaking his surprise off, Aohdei stood, still dwarfed by the beastly figure. Extending a hand, as was human custom, he introduced himself, "Rylzyr, you know me as Aohdei, but then my other titles might not mean a lot to you. As for you Aoloadh'xez, I am Aohdeiisideus, Fifth Prince of Ember in the line of the Great Flame, Liege to The Pale King of Berrassus and Coermanth, holder of the Crumbling Keep of Berrassus. Nice to meet you."

Fukurou

The abomination took Aohdei's hand firmly in his own. "The pleasure is mine, Prince Aohdeiisideus," he said as he shook the other's hand. "I have indeed heard of such a Pale King. However, I regret to say that my knowledge of recent affairs are somewhat limited due to my current circumstance, so I cannot say for sure where he is." The abomination crossed their arms and eyed the two beings in front of them. "It was nearly ninety years ago when the young Master T'avaar came into my realm, shaking in terror and clutching the Nexus Grimoir in his hands. He was chosen to join the ranks of the Xhal'tal'varyn, the Demonic Shamans X'zyr. As was customary for the Xhal'tal'varyn rite of passage, he was made to bind his broken and twisted soul to a demon. Most would have bound theirs to a lesser being, for what they lack in power they make up for their ease to manipulate. Ta'vaar, however, had the fortune--or perhaps misfortune--of stumbling across my Grimoir within the gilded libraries of Zyth'rah. With wits sharper than any sword, he managed to trick me into striking a deal with him. Heh... he truly is an interesting creature. Perhaps if his heart wasn't so soft he'd make an extraordinary Xhal. But enough of my ramblings... To answer your question, this form will last until I deem fit or until the mage dies. Whichever comes first. But seeing as how much fun this little game is, it would be a shame to have our dear friend die on us now, wouldn't it? I'll tell you what: I can take the two of you to the other side of the lake. After that I will take my leave. How does that sound?"

Sheshia

"Im Sheshia. What about the mage? Is he going to be okay? Or does he have no idea what's happening to him?" Sheshia  hates the fact that the mage has been turned into something else completely and possibly confused and scared if he was still some what conscious or even still mentally stable.

Tags: