Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Love Like Stardust [Goblin]

Started by Juno, July 18, 2016, 07:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Jack arched a brow at that. The way she said it sounded more like slavery than farm chores. "I guess I meant more- Do you like it? Do you care about them like you do for your...Dewey? Or are they just livestock to you?"

A light flush reddened his cheeks as he tried to explain his reasoning, feeling a whole lot like he was failing at making her comfortable with him by her unemotional response. "I don't want you doing work you aren't happy with, is all. I can see to the goats and such pretty well on my own if you'd rather do other things. Eventually," he explained, gently waving his bum arm. Gods he felt stupid, already trying to divvy up their chores on their wedding day when he hadn't even meant it that way. He just wanted to know if she was happy, it was difficult to judge by his limited experience with Kendall.

GoblinFae

"I don't understand," she repeated, staring at him blankly. "This is how it is done so this is how it will be done. I married a farmer so farming we shall do. Goats are what I've always done. I don't know other things nor do I have interest in them. Tending goats is good enough for me. Would you prefer I do something else? Learn something else?"

Kendall gently took Jack's injured arm and replaced it back on his chest. Then, she wrapped her own carefully across it to keep him from further injuring it with all of his hand-waving and gesturing. It was an act that was done unconsciously but with a great deal of care and worry.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"Oh," he breathed, watching curiously as she cradled his arm. "I see. Well as long as you don't mind it I'm happy to let you continue with the goats. You don't have to do anything you don't want to. I just want you to be happy as my wife even if we're living a farming life."

Settling in beside her Jack shot her a bashful smile before adding, "I tend them now so...I'd be happy to introduce you to them. I'm sure only a few would be coming with us anyway. But for now...well, we'll be here with them all. How many did you have at home?"

GoblinFae

She hummed softly to a tune only she could hear, gently resting her head against his as he continued their conversation. It never occurred to her that the sound though soft would be considered rude and possibly even distracting. "We had fourteen: Ava, Mia, Zoe, Emma, Liam, Noah, Aiden, Lucas, Mason, Olivia, Sophia, Jackson, and Isabella." She recited in quick order.

"I would like to meet your goats once you are feeling more able. What are their names? I don't wish to be rude when I meet them and greet them improperly."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Jack's eyes widened at the easy way she recited off so many names but he realized she'd missed one as he mulled the list over. "And..who is the fourteenth? Ours aren't exactly...named. They don't mind. The females usually respond well enough to Missy or Lady. The males we just know by their color and horns. There's Greyhorn and Blackhorn and Blue, but that's for his eyes. We don't name the kids but if you know of anything fitting for them once you meet them you're welcome to give them names. I'm sure some of them will be joining us eventually."

He breathed evenly as he fell silent, trying to allow himself not to feel the slow burn in his arm. "Is minding goats really all you've done with your family? I could teach you of our crops once I can get back to the fields, if you'd like. And the rest of the animals."

GoblinFae

"Oh," she shrugged dismissively, "goat doesn't have a name yet. He's still just a little baby yet. If he lives then he'll get a name I suppose. I don't really know now. He is not mine to care for and name now," she commented matter-of-factually.

Kendall hummed softly in disappointment at her husband's answer. "They have names," she informed him firmly. "You just haven't taken the time to listen properly, silly. We'll get it all sorted out eventually though I suppose. Sounds like there is a lot of work ahead. We can do it though, I'm sure."

She adjusted the blankets over, tugging them up a bit to better cover him as she rested further against his side. "Tending them, feeding them, birthing them, shearing them, carding their wool, dyeing their wool, selling their wool. That's pretty much it.

"I will learn what you want me to learn. If crops is what you prefer then I will learn that. I have done care for our chickens but the goats take up most of my time. What do you want me to do Jackie?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Jack chuckled dryly at how easily she recited her normal duties. "Crops will come in time, depends on how much help we need. I'll work the fields more and you can keep tending the animals. As long as you're still happy to do that, Kendall," he offered blushing a bit for her use of the nickname.

"I just want you to be happy here with me and whatever work we do," he added, uncertain if it was something he could realistically hope for if she saw it all as just necessary chores.