Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Out of the Temple

Started by swimberly, August 09, 2016, 11:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swimberly

Jarek walked through the trees. It had been ages since the monks had let him leave the temple, and he was trying to make the best of it. In his hand he held a ball of light to illuminate his path. He found that the Draconi was most beautiful at night, with the trees darkened and insects creating tiny balls of light. He listened to the sounds of the crickets chirping and of various night creature. This is where I belong he thought...

Varius

Cailan stepped carefully between the trees, his heavy armor would be far too noisy for him to remain unseen should this be his wish, but it was not. He wanted to be seen, for he was curious and in an unknown land.

He stopped behind the man who stood lonely in the forest speaking as the moonlight touched his face. "Bad time to travel... Are you not afraid of the bandits lurking in every corner on the world? Of the creatures running wild and untamed? Why have you chose the shadows of night instead of the sun's legacy?"

@swimberly

swimberly

"I think I an defend myself pretty well," Jarek replied. He held out his hand and a ball of fire erupted around it. "Dont you think?"

Varius

"Ah so no mere villager, but a gifted." He said crossing his arms. "Was it fate I wonder? I crave to see what will you give to this world. Will it be sadness or maybe joy?"

@swimberly

swimberly

"I dont believe in fate." Jarek closed his palm, extinguishing the flame. "Besides, what has the world given to me that i should give back?"

Varius

Cailan gave him a small smirk before speaking "Good, fate is a lie, told by the strong to control the weak. What easier way is there to make one content with the way of things?" He then begun walking around. "And once more great truth you speak... the world gave you nothing, it is only just that you give nothing in return. But it will not always be so, there will come a day, when you will be given one or the other, what will you do then is up to you. You are the interesting sort... One as able to achieve greatness... Or depravation just aswell. Be wary of your choices, friend. To do nothing does not mean to not choose, it is a choice in itself."

Cailan didn't gave much thoguht to what he may think, maybe it seemed weird for someone to just walk up to him and share ideals. But that wouldn't stop him from trying to help.

@swimberly

swimberly

"I am glad to find someone who agrees with me for once." Jarek kept walking "what's a man like you doing in the Draconi?"

Ooc [sorry for the wait, had a  football game]

Varius

"What I am doing..." He begun "Up until now I never had a real purpose to wander around. There were times when I went somewhere because it was beautiful, other times when I would walk among the creatures of the forest. Sometimes I like observing mortal kind... I wish I wouldn't so foolishly get involved in their affairs, but I suppose I have a weakness for them..."

OOC:No problem, is also my first rp here.

@swimberly

swimberly

"It is beautiful," Jarek paused and inhaled deeply. "I find the night is more free than the day, free to wande about in the shadows without fear."

Varius

"Well that depends on who's side the shadows are on." He replied  "but in the end it is always better in a place where you can be protected by the eyes of anyone. But that is unimportant. What are you doing here?"

@swimberly

swimberly

"Oh nothing," Jarek replied. "I just love to wander." He puased and listened to the sounds of the forest, "why dont you come with me? It's dangerous out here at night, i can give you a place to stay until morning."

Varius

Cailan stood silent for a second before he could speak "The... thought is apreciated, thank you. As long as you have nobody there afraid of of "ghosts" that is." He didn't particulary like the term "ghost" himself, it sounded weird and... dead. But most people didn't seem to care about the difference nor did he actually bothered to explain to anyone because, as he would like to respond "Nobody asks".

@swimberly

swimberly

"Well, I wouldn't call them afraid." Jarek walked north, "you coming?"