Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Temporary Home (open)

Started by Storm, August 20, 2016, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

Whitebone laughed to himself as he started a small fire in the clearing. He loved this place. This place so full of history and mystery. If he were not a traveler he would make this his home, but because of his love for people and new places and the respect of this historic place he did not.

With his small fire made hot, he gathered his pots and filled them with water and set them to boil. Leaning back against a tree Whitebone lit up is pipe and waited. Waited for something interesting or his water to boil. Getting board quickly he shook his head and stood up.

With one look around he decided to have a look around at the new set of ruins that he found the other night. With a smile he hopped off the log that we was standing on and headed down to the stone building that was still mostly standing.

Bunbun

Juliana had heard plenty of horror stories regarding the Fell. Supposedly, any mage who dared to travel into the Fell became afflicted with a terrible curse that turned their greatest strength- an ability to cast magic- into their greatest weakness. They would completely lose control of their magic, causing frequent misfires and unintentional casting of spells. Worse still, anyone who is affected by the curse will have a negative impact on anyone close to them, wasting away both physically and mentally.

The effects of the curse obviously weren't very desirable to anybody, let alone a healer like Juliana. However, she simply couldn't resist the temptation of potentially coming across strange of powerful artifacts in the Fell. After all, the nation that once stood here was supposedly very advanced when it came to magic, and Juliana was always looking for ways to enhance her own abilities. On top of that, she'd been skeptical of the curse, as she'd never actually come across anyone afflicted by it. Even if the curse was real, she surely wouldn't contract it if she only spend a little while in the Fell and didn't touch anything that was obviously dangerous.

That being said, Juliana still found the Fell to be rather unnerving. To think that such a grand nation could be reduced to rubble and ruins from a single incident was actually kind of sickening. What kind of forces could the mages possibly have awakened in order to cause destruction of such magnitude? Maybe it was a better idea to turn back now instead of wandering any further...

Suddenly, Juliana's foot made contact with a small piece of rubble from a ruined building. The fact that she hadn't been paying much attention to her surroundings, combined with the nauseating aura that the Fell gave off, meant that Juliana was thrown off her balance easily. She stumbled over the rubble, falling to the ground and letting out a small cry as she did so. Her hands shot out in front of her in an attempt to break her fall. They succeeding in doing so, but also received a few cuts from the jagged ruins as a result. Muttering a few curse words under her breath, Juliana pushed herself up into an upright sitting position. Healing magic started pouring out of her hands, beginning to mend the fresh wounds.

Storm

Whitebone stood up quickly and looked around as he heard an unusual disturbance in the Erie silence of the ruins. It was unusual to find people around here, and even wildlife. Most people did not know what they were getting into when they come to the Fell, and usually got hurt.

Humming to himself he slowly picked his way around the fallen rocks and rubble towards the source of the noise. Head looking over a small wall he noticed a woman sitting on the ground. He could feel power run off of her and Whitebone grinned. You never know what you will see in the Fell, which made the place all the more interesting to him.

Hearing the woman curse he laughed "Cursing is bad for the health madam!" He called down with a cheeky grin.

Bunbun

Juliana's concentration was interrupted, causing her healing spell to quickly dissipate. Her cuts, not yet fully healed, started to bleed again. However, the cuts were the least of her worries, now that she'd caught the attention of some idiot who was now hollering down at her. She turned her head upwards to meet the eyes of a young man who seemed rather amused by the current situation. Juliana hadn't expected to come across anyone inside the Fell, let alone someone who could be cheerful while doing so. Just who on earth did this guy think he was?

Shaking her head, Juliana picked herself off of the ground- she would have to tend to her wounds later. They weren't exactly pleasant, but she could tolerate them until she could at least find somewhere to concentrate. Right now, she had this goofball to deal with.

"Hmph. If that were true, I'd be dead several times over by now. Besides, dealing with idiots is bad for the health, too. They drive me insane!"

Juliana accompanied her remark with a glare. Hopefully, this guy would take the hint and find someone else to bother.

Storm

Whitebone laughed even more and jumped up and over the wall, landing lightly on the ground. He brushed off his long coat and smiled up at her. His smile only fading a bit when he saw the wounds. Shaking his head he evaluated her with a bit of concern.

"Who said anything about idiots? Ya can't be one around here. And you need to heal those woulds, the amount of infections around here is incredible. Come on, I got camp set up not far from here. Food should be done soon anyway. " Whitebone said with a newly formed grin.

He ignored the woman's glare and shrugged his shoulders turning back around to start heading back towards his camp.

Bunbun

Apparently this guy intended to stick around, regardless of what Juliana had to say on the matter. Fortunately, that meant that she wouldn't have to waste any more energy trying to get him to leave, but that wouldn't stop her from voicing her displeasure.

"As a matter of fact, I was healing them before you showed up and started poking your nose into other people's business. I was doing perfectly fine on my own."

Juliana took a few seconds to focus on her healing magic once again, finally closing up the wounds. She was conflicted on what to do- she didn't exactly want to follow some random stranger, but on the other hand, he seemed like he kind of knew what he was doing. Ultimately deciding to follow, Juliana sped up in order to catch up to the man, the bell on her necklace jingling a little as she did so.

"What kind of maniac makes his camp out here in the Fell, anyways? That's practically suicide."

Storm

Jumping back over the crumbling wall Whitebone made his way out of the rubble and into the tree line. He looked back every once in a while to make sure the woman kept up, slowing down if he needed to. For a short man, he was surprisingly fast. He rolled his eyes at her comment about being fine. To him, being fine was enjoying yourself, not wandering around lost in a dangerous place.

Reaching a tree line he hesitated as he looked around.Shaking off the feeling he headed in, and into the small clearing where he found that his fire was still burning hot and his food almost cooked.

"Well, what maniac I would guess is myself and a friend whom you just missed. He was leaving for another adventure. We basically live here. Think about it. A place that no one knows about. Where is the more perfect place to explore? You will never find the same thing twice out here, that of course is if you don't know your way around. " He said sitting down on his makeshift chair and pulling off his cloak reveling his light t shirt underneath, and his tattoos peeking out from under it.

Bunbun

Not being the type of person who spent much time outside, Juliana was significantly slower than Whitebone when it came to traversing the ruins. By the time the two reached the tree line, she was almost out of breath. Combined with the foreboding feeling that she was already getting from the Fell, the exhaustion created a nauseating feeling that spread throughout Juliana's body. The more time she spent in this place, the more it seemed like it was a bad idea to stick around. On top of that, the fact that Whitebone seemed to stall for a few seconds before finally venturing into the tree line didn't exactly inspire confidence in her.

Juliana instinctively clutched her necklace in one hand as she followed deeper into the forest. She tried her best to keep her eyes locked in front of her, knowing full well that letting them wander would only make her feel worse. Her muscles tensed up, only relaxing when she caught a glimpse of a burning fire. Looks like this guy was serious about camping out here, after all. He seemed cheerful as ever, perfectly content to wander around a place that most people wouldn't dare step foot in. As he removed his cloak, Juliana took note of Whitebone's tattoos. Those kind of markings were often used to enhance a person's magical talents, though they could also simply be for decoration. For now, she couldn't come to a reliable conclusion.

"So, there's more than one of you guys, and you actually live out here?" Juliana paused for a moment and shook her head disapprovingly. "I can't even imagine what could drive a person to do something like that. Even if you find something interesting every once in a while, the amount of messed up stuff you come across out here must be sickening... but then again, I suppose anybody that wanders into the Fell has a damn good reason for it."

Storm

He smiled as he dished out the stew for the both of them. "Yeah there are a few of us around here, although my friend and I are the most common faces around here. We don't live here, its more of a meeting place, somewhere we can be both safe and at peace.We banded together a long time ago and made a pact to use our skills in a different way, it puts quite a bit of stress on us to be honest. its nice to come here and unwind." he states and starts to eat.

He grinned as he looked out into the trees, calming a bit. Adverting his gaze he looks up at the sky  and smiles a bit wider. "Good, I do not think there will be much trouble tonight. Sometimes out here, we get bears and other creatures but it seams like they are only out on the full moon, and we are no where near that time."

Bunbun

Juliana accepted the food, muttering a barely audible "thanks" as she did so. She had initially been very cautious around Whitebone, but he didn't seem to have any ill intentions. His constant smile and sincere demeanour made Juliana feel a little less stressed, as much as she didn't want to admit it. It would probably be best to stay here for a little while, at least until she knew what she was doing. After all, this guy would probably start making a racket again if she tried to leave so early.

She listened to Whitebone as she ate, becoming intrigued by the mention of a certain 'pact'. Once again, her attention wandered to the man's tattoos, which seemed increasingly more likely to be a sign of magical talent. If her suspicions were correct, though, did that mean that the stories of the Fell's curse were simply myths?

"Using your skills in a different way... What do you mean by that?" Julaina inquired, her eyes still fixated on Whitebone's markings.

Storm

Whitebone smiled a bit sadly as he reached up and ran his fingers over his favorite tattoo almost out of habit. As he finished his food.
" I am an Ice Mage, and well I have seen a lot..." Started off hesitant to share.

Not many people had the heart to do what he and Malki did on a regular  basis. He shifted a bit and looked out into the forest. But then again this was a healer, so she might understand a bit of what he knew. And she did seam fairly reliable and trustworthy. He noted that there seamed to be no intentions of attempting to kill him so he supposed he could give a light story.

"Malki, my friend, and myself started to put what we have seen to use. Neither one of us are healers, but we each found ways to 'heal' people. We call ourselves Field Medics. WE fight, no matter the side usually. But we also go into battle to get the wounded. " He said simplifying things. He shifted again dropping his hand from his arm as his smile returned and he chuckled.

"But that is depressing things, on a night like this it should be happy things, and a party" He said with a large grin

Bunbun

Juliana listened again as her suspicions about Whitebone being a mage were confirmed. That probably meant that she wouldn't have to fall victim to the Fell's curse. After all, if anyone was likely to become afflicted by it, it would be the guy who spend most of his time here. If someone like that wasn't affected, chances were that she wouldn't be, either.

It seemed that, even if he didn't possess the abilities most suited to the job, Whitebone used whatever talent he had available to him in order to help others. In other words, he was the opposite of Juliana, who had the ability to heal others but rarely made use of it. Not that she cared too much about that, though. Her own needs came first and foremost.

"Maybe tonight is happy by your standards, but for most people any night spent in the Fell is a terrible one. How could you have a party out here?

Storm

He grinned and shook his snowy white hair.

"You are like the rest. All the stories got you scared. Trust me. Most of them were for small children to stay home and work, or were started by pranksters. But with that said, ya still gotta be careful. It still is a dangerous place. " He said with a grin. He paused and looked at her.

"And why would you have a party? Come on live life! Working about things are pointless." He said with a laugh and a wide grin.

Sitting up shaprly he gasped "did I introduce myself?!" He exclaimed horrified, forgetting if he did or not.

Bunbun

Juliana shot him a dirty look, clearly not pleased with being compared to a small child.

"You know what? There's times when being cautious about things will save your life. Sure, you could just go along not worrying about anything and trying to make the most out of what you have, but none of that counts for anything if you wind up getting yourself killed!"

She paused, giving herself a moment to calm herself down. Her hands clamped around her necklace and her eyes closed until she spoke again.

"...Uh, sorry about that. No, I don't think you ever told me who you were."

Storm

He chuckled "Then you have not found the balance yet." He said watching her with amused curiosity he shook his head again.

"Then pardon my rudeness. I am Whitebone." He said with a small bow of the head. He smiled a bit and reached over to tend to the fire some more. Finishing adding wood to the blaze, he unstrapped his bow from his back and laid out his bed roll.

Bunbun

Juliana wondered what Whitebone meant by 'the balance'. Maybe it was a balance between being cautious and trying to enjoy yourself, or maybe there was some deeper meaning. Whatever it was, she really didn't want to think that right now.

"Whitebone? Pretty strange name," Juliana replied, without even considering that saying so could be considered offensive. She stared into the fire for a few seconds before realizing that she should probably introduce herself, too.

"Oh, right. My name's Juliana. As you've probably figured out by now, I'm a healer."

She didn't reveal too much about herself, which was usually the case with a person she'd just met recently.

Storm

He nodded with a large grin plastered to his face like always "Yes it is, but man, it is a great one. " He agreed about his name. "But Juliana is a beautiful name. it suits you. And yes I assumed you were a healer considering your not bleeding anymore and with unblemished skin" He said stretching out his shoulders and back with a few pops and cracks. He sighed contently and let his shoulders drop.

"You never did say, but why would you come to the Fell? It is always an interesting story to tell, at least from the people i have met up here." He asked.

Bunbun

Juliana shifted around, obviously uncomfortable when it came the the subject of her presence in the Fell. She didn't wish to divulge the true reason, as doing so would reveal details about herself that she preferred to keep hidden. On the other hand, though, she couldn't just outright refuse to answer the question without seeming incredibly suspicious. After thinking about it for a while, Juliana finally decided on an answer.

"...I'm searching for magical artifacts. You know, the kind of stuff that you would find here all the time before it became the Fell."

Again, it wasn't the whole truth, but as far as Juliana was concerned, giving away very little information was the best choice in this situation.

Storm

Whitebone nodded thoughtfully "I hear that a lot but mostly they have an underlying dark tone so I point them to regular building to look in, but I can show you the way to some decent structures. I don't know what would be in them but its worth a try. They haven't been touch yet, or at least by my knowledge. " HE said with a shrug

Bunbun

Juliana sighed and shook her head.

"Look, I'm going to be honest for a moment. I have no idea why you put so much more trust in me than you do in others, especially in a place like the Fell. You have no guarantee that I'm not lying to you, or at least that I don't have evil intentions. But, if you're really sure about showing me these ruins... then alright. That would be pretty cool."

Tags: