Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An odd place for a tree (Thorok)

Started by Ice, August 28, 2016, 10:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

The snow was falling as a very old traveler moved through the barren land. He was moving at a rather slow pace but at his age that was how he generally moved anyhow. He gave a sigh as he looked over the land. He was far from his usual places that he loved to travel. Of course the Trent generally love the company of trees. They could relate to the problems that he had to deal with most of the time. Like other creatures wanting to cut him down. He really hated that.

He now stopped his moving and looked out ahead of him. The cloudy sky made it hard for him to tell what time of day it was now. He had a reason for being here. He had heard that there were creatures here that he could not see anywhere else. And if there was one thing the Trent loves it was watching other creatures in their natural homes. Thus the reason he loved being on the move.

He now started to move once again. He was glad that all this cold did not bother him. In fact if he did have to complain about something it would be the fact that he was getting old. Sometimes he kind of forgot where he was going. Though that hardly ever wasa problem. He just simply found new places to go. That was just how this old Trent worked.

Thorok

And as such a Trent would move, he would hear a screeching from above.

Now, to such a figure as tall and powerful as this, an ear-piercing call from a great Hyoite Eagle would cause no distress. However, such a creature could still have drawn interest, as it soared high in the sky. Though the light from the sky was not completely capable of viewing, the shadow that crawled upon the ground was enough to declare the existence that such a bird was nearby. The shadow would at first soar straight towards the Trent, before cutting around his right to a circling formation. And from there, one could count at least three and a half rotations the shadow made around the Trent before landing atop its shoulder.

The talons clutched gently upon the bark below it, as it sensed the familial bond one wild creature would have with another. However, its head would twist sideways for a moment before its wings flared and another screech followed, where the eagle would calm down from there. The head, with quite flinching reflexes, turned its head towards the Trent, looking into its eye with that of its own.

And after a few moments of waiting would the snow go to show another figure. A man, yes, but a tall one at that. One much larger than the average that was seen. And with all the apparel on, one could've easily guessed it to be that of a troll. But no, this was man's troll. Athok, the Glacier. Born from both might and cold, this man traveled the frostbites of Hyoite, with his soul companion. A companion which seemed to rest upon quite an uncommon fellow's shoulder at this time.

A few more steps forward and Athok would notice the ground he was staring at bore two giant feet. Following them up, he looked to the head of the Trent, in his peripheral view his bird, who cooed slightly before twitching once more, letting out a much more lighthearted screech as it remained perched upon the newcomer's shoulder.

Now, of course, a hunter's mouth would part as he stared to the creature. Not only did he not know of its origin, he knew not if it. It was much taller than Athok, which gave an impression that he now had some competition, humorously of course. After a moment of being silent, and seeing that this Trent made no moves against him, Athok's own voice thundered heavily through the snow, a quiet yell which quite easily made its way to the Trent's ears. "I think she likes you!"

After another moment from a nervous chuckle, his right fist pounded upon his heart, slinging his bow over his shoulder before such an action. "I am Athok! I wander these parts! And that is Eurielle! But you can name her whatever you wish, a lot of folk around here do!" He spoke with much lightheartedness and his voice seemed to be welcoming, ready for a conversation with such a creature. And at that moment, Athok realized the flaw in his welcoming. Did this creature even speak?

Ice

Indeed as the Trent moved he did hear a sound from above. He looked up and saw what was making said noise. It was an eagle. He watched her as she flew above him. He had never seen a creature quite like her. Though he was used to birds landing in him or flapping around him. That was the thing about being so tree like. Creature kind of made their homes in him. Sometimes that was bothersome for him. Though the old Trent held nothing against them. They were just being animals after all.

As the bird landed upon him he stopped walking . He could sense that the bird knew he was alive. Though it probably was obvious since she was close to his very large eyes. in fact she even seemed to look at him in the eye. This bird was seemly different from the other wild animals he had met.

As he stood there he could feel that another was coming closer to him. He wasn't sure if it was a large human or something else. That is until he come closer to the Trent.  He certainly looked like a huge human . Hum he did not know they got so large. But then again he had not been too close to that many humans. They all turned to avoid him. Then again most creature that weren't wild animals avoided him.

He heard the man talk to him. A smile came to his face now. Then the man when on to introduce himself and the eagle who was upon his shoulder still. He was carefully considering his words now. He wanted to make a good impression after all.

" It seems she does. It's nice to meet you sir Athok. I am Everbole. I too am a traveler though I'm not from here." The Trent said to him now. His voice was soft but still kind of loud. He could not really help that though. He was a very large creature after all. Though he was a gentle giant never wanting to harm anyone . And always happy to make a new friend.

Thorok

As the Trent spoke, in both human and eagle ears his voice boomed out. The Eagle fluttered her wings in a bit of a panic for a moment, not expecting such a loud voice to come from such a giant Trent. And Athok himself felt this Everbole's voice vibrate in his own chest. A very nervous chuckle came from that, as it was both a funny and a strange feeling. This Everbole did prove now to be quite an interesting creature.

At that moment did he wave twice to Eurielle, then respond to the Trent. "Well, sir Everbole!" He bowed formally, jokingly of course, as he stood up once more. "Though your being might not mind this cold, us humans prefer the heat! Follow me, friend, and I shall treat you to.. something.." Athok spoke with confusion towards the end of his statement as he, yet again, had no idea of this Everbole. What did they eat? Did they even eat?

And so his boots would leave deep footprints in the snow, his scarf now stuffed around his entire face as he headed into the snow. At that time of traveling, snow flakes entered into his eyes, but that much he didn't mind. It was the windchill that truly annoyed such a man as Athok. To him, the wind was his worst enemy. And so from there he'd leave a 'move forward' hand movement in his right hand as his left covered the area in front of his eyes. The eagle screeched loudly as it left into the air in front of them. And from there the hunter followed Eurielle's shadow, which led them out of the small snow storm after a good travel of three minutes.

From there, what appeared to be a large, completely flat land was seen, with barely any snow falling down, and no wind passing through. A small area of the treacherous Hyoite, which bared little to no natural threats. Towards the side of this frozen lake, a wooden shack was seen, fairly large but not enough for Everbole to fit in. Once he fully entered the peace land, he took another ten steps so he could turn around to see his new comrade, while Eurielle landed upon his left shoulder. He took off his scarf as he looked up to Everbole. "Tell me this, Everbole, what are you?" His voice was now at a normal, conversing tone, as the storm did not affect their volume.

Ice

The Trent noted that his voice was a bit loud. Hum he would have to work on that. He never spoke to many creatures himself. He was just an old loner who wondered about with no real destination in mind. Though that did mean his contact with others was very limited as well. Making him an awkward old creature to talk to.

He smirked slightly when the large man bowed to him. He could tell that it was in a playful manner. When one spent most of their lives outside weather became more of a fact of life then anything else. He didn't have blood that flowed in the human since . He was very much like a tree. He did not eat food or anything. Though he had to plant his root like feet to gather water once in a while. And he needed the sun for food . Just like any other plant did.

"I can understand that friend. " He said in a slightly less booming voice. He did not wish to be too loud again. And so as they started to moved the Trent followed them. He stayed a bit behind though because he knew that it would not be the best idea to get to close to someone. Especially someone who could be leading him in to a bad place. Though there wasn't really much that could kill him.

As the got close to where his friend was leading him the Trent was sure to look about for a moment. He wondered if the man was leading him to his home. Though why he would do that was a good question. It was then that he remembered the man's earlier statement. Oh yeah humans did not care for the cold. He then heard the mans question.  He looked at him and gave a small smile.

" I am what is called a Trent. In short I am a living tree ." He said to him now. He did not care to add that he had never met another of his kind.  As far as he knew he was the only one. The last of a dying race. It was a rather sad thing to think about.

Thorok

"A great tree! Well I should be honored then, shouldn't I Everbole?" He questioned with wonder, his hands going to his hips as the eagle landed upon his shoulder. Staring to Everbole, he paused for a moment, walking around him as he analyzed him completely. Walking up to his side he grabbed onto his leg, tugging at it for a moment with a stern look, as if a biology session was suddenly brought to now.

Backing off, he looked to Everbole with much on his mind. "Well, my big, wooden friend, you are truly magnificent." He complimented with a grin, bowing once more again. "Now tell me this, Everbole: What do you to to live? Do you eat? Drink? Tell me, my shack is right behind me." He invited greatly, excitement filling the hunter.

After all, this was a moment to be. Not only has a newcomer met him firstly, but of all things a Trent! Some magical being, for sure, and one that should be given utmost respect. He seemed quite ancient, and with that he should have a few conversations to have. His eyes lit up the more he thought about it. To literally talk to a tree this time! That would be a story to tell to the tavern, that's for sure. So he waited for a response with hands on his hips and an eagle perched upon his left shoulder.

Ice

The Trent kind of smiled as he heard the man speak now. He seemed quite excited about meeting one of his kind. Now he could kind of understand that. After all it was not often that one meta huge talking  tree man. Though he did not really think he was special though. He just though that he was an elderly traveler who sometimes met others . A strange title but he was an odd creature any how.

" I would not say that. " He said with a soft smile. He watched him as he looked everbole over now. He seemed quite interested in him that was for sure. He did not really blame him though. He just was happy that he seemed to make the man's happy. After all he could become a friend to the old tree .

At the man's statement and following questions he smiled widely. Now came the part where he had to try to explain that he was very tree like in those ways. " Thank you. You are quite an impressive creature yourself." He stated pausing for a moment before continuing. " I live much like a tree does. I get everything I need to live from the earth. Though I truly do appreciate your offer. " He said with a smile. He was happy that this human seemed so nice. Alot of creature like him were not like that.

Thorok

(BY the way, I just wanna say how I madly respect how you're matching my posts rather than going less or going over :P Appreciate it boss)

"Well, of course you wouldn't, for you're the tree!" Athok joked with a grin to his face, pulling his hood off from his head as he stared to the tree with much excitement still. "Let us sit here for now then, and speak in this nicer weather." Athok concluded, grunting as his stiffened legs finally earned their rest, sitting down wit spread out legs.

Bending them so the knees rose high, he leaned forward to let his arms rest upon the kneecaps. "So, Everbole, are there others like you?" Athok questioned with a tilted head. "Surely you must have a family, all trees have families, from what I know?" At that moment did Athok slightly regret asking that. But he wanted to know.

However, did this Everbole truly have no family? That would explain why he has traveled out this far, and why he was traveling alone. The thought of such made him sad. But yet, at the same time, could Athok not relate? He alone had no memory of his family, and had lived by himself his entire life. Well, excluding his big, feathered friend, Eurielle. But as he sat there, waiting for his response, the nord crossed his legs together and leaned forward, stretching out his thighs and his back, sighing with relief.

Ice

( Your very welcome. That's how I was taught to rp)

The Trent gave a smile of his own when he heard what the man said. This man was certainly a very happy soul. Though the old traveler was wondering about him. He was curious about rather he live here alone or if he had friends here. It did not look like it to him though. He found that questions often answered themselves in time.

" Indeed. You are certainly one of the happiest humans I have seen." He said with a smile. Everbole knew that he should always return compliments as well as give them. It was the nice thing to do after all. He watched as the man got comfortable now. As more of a tree like creature he did not really ever sit. He could but at his age it was hard to get up again after he did so

When he was asked about his family he gave a slight frown. He did not have a family. He had never seen another like him. He had been alone ever since he could remember. Though he supposed he must have had parents at some point to have been born. " Well sir Athok I don't remember my family. I have been alone for a very long time. I have never seen another like myself. " He answered now. Though his tone was a bit sad when he spoke. This Trent had been alone for a very long time. He was used to the loneliness that came with it.

Thorok

Athok frowned as Everbole spoke, his tongue pushing out his lower lip a bit. "Well, then there is one thing we can live with together, my friend, is that we both haven't met our families.." He tried to empathize for the sad news this Trent brought to him. And then he thought for a moment, getting a bit more depressed as he thought more. Sure, they both hadn't seen their families, but only one has fellow people of his race.

Right there, something sparked inside of Athok. Looking to Eurielle, who for some reason gave a stare back to Athok, he hesitated delving into this thought. But at the same time, he looked behind him, staring to his shack, wondering what he would miss out on. And then with that, after another minute of thinking, he launched up into the air, standing to his feet as he looked to Everbole.

"Well then, my tree friend, if that is the case, than I would want to help you find them!" Such an exclamation would be surprising, no doubt, and it sounded surprising as it squeaked out of Athok's shy voice at the time. "I am a lone hunter who lives on these lands, a few years of adventuring wouldn't hurt these bones! Nor would the warm weather." He joked, jogging towards Everbole and halting five feet in front of him. "Tell me this, Everbole: Where have you searched? And where should we look next?" Listening to how he spoke of being the only one gave him motivation to find this ent's family. For no one, not even his eagle, should have to live alone believing they are the only one. And with that, Athok was willing to leave his comfort zone, in hopes of finding someone like his new friend here.

Ice

Now the Trent really hadn't intended to make his friend sad or anything like that. It was just that family was a rather sad subject for him. Though hearing what the large man said it made him think that perhaps they had more in common then he had first thought. Though it really didn't make him feel much better. The fact that another had a sad story was another sad thing indeed.

" I suppose we can ." He said to him now. He then watched the man as he seemed to be thinking. He had to wonder what was on his mind. He of course could have never guessed it. The old travel figure that he would continue to be traveling alone with no destion or goal in mind.

He gave the man a surprised look when he made his off. It was hard for the old traveler to believe that this man was so willing to give up everything just to look for something that might not be in existence. Though it probably was as he had to come from somewhere.

" You mean you would would be willing to leave your home just to help me?  " The Trent questioned him. He wasn't sure how to respond to such an offer. " I have looked only in the mountains south of here. That's where I came to be I think." He said his tone a bit thoughtful. It would be very nice to actually find his family. Though he wasn't sure if other Trent's would accept him cocidering . Some races were to themselves and all.

Thorok

Athok grinned as he spread his arms wide, Eurielle flying off of his shoulder and landing atop of Everbole's. "I have many homes! But even here, all I have to do is survive. To leave here for however long to help a friend in need? My friend, I will not have this chance again!" His right hand touched his center chest as he spoke, his other hand dropping to his side.

"Besides, who would turn down such an adventure!?" He grinned, listening to where the Trent said he searched. His eyes lit up and a grin grew upon his face. "Then they have to be somewhere, Everbole! We have all these lands to venture through, and we are nearing midday. I say we should be getting a move on then, sir Everbole! What say you!?"

At that moment, Athok was filled with excitement. To adventure!! Finally!! But not only this, he would be helping this ancient being. Out of all this creature's life, he only searched the mountains? Athok knew that all he had to do was keep Everbole entertained with the thought that there was all this world to search for them. And entertain them he would, if it was the last think he would do in his life. Now, he suddenly forgot about Hyoite, or about the taverns or the fair maidens or his comrades. Now, all he focused on was uniting a family. A great one at that.

Ice

The Trent listened to what the man was telling him. He grinned slightly more feeling the eagle land upon him again. It seemed he was excited about the idea of traveling with the man. To honest he was excited too. " I see. That means a lot to to be considered such a friend." The old Trent said back to him now.

He then grinned as the man was speaking again.  To tell the truth the old Trent had always though that he was a lone for a reason. That he was an outcast who was destined to be alone. But this man he had relite. A fire in his heart. One that he thought had died long ago. The want to find his family was seemly renewed now.

" I agree with you friend. The journey might be very long but at least we'll have good company." He said with a broad smile. Yes this was an adventure to be had. And he was honored to be going with such a noble man.

The Trent never had thought of this though. The road might have some danger ahead. He knew there were those who would want to harm someone if they wrent like them. Though as huge as the man was he kind of figured he had little to fear about that.

Thorok

The hunter grinned with the words that were sent back to him, laughing loudly as he fist pumped the air, whipping off his cape where his long hair was visible now, as well as a giant, glowing grin. His muscles were pumped with the adrenaline going through, just talking about leaving home for a while getting him ready for everything to come his way.

With Everbole's statement about good company, Athok couldn't help but joke one more time. "Yes, Eurielle is great with entertaining!" He laughed loudly, clapping his hands together before spreading them wide apart. "Then we shall head off! I will eat on the way, come on, my giant tree friend! Your family awaits us! Come on!" He shouted as now he began jogging across the gigantic, thick, frozen lake.

And with that, a new adventure would occur. One that Athok had no regret to embark so hastily on, nor would he in the future. And there would be falls, and there will be rises. But they will all be worth it in the end. Athok found it funny, as he ran, how he literally just met this figure and now he is willing to go so far as to travel the world with him. Maybe, in a sense, they needed each other's company. Either way, a friendship for life would definitely stem from this, no doubt.

Tags: