Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Away From the Orphange[Moved] Mikayla13!

Started by Anonymous, January 09, 2005, 05:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Away From The Orphanage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 It was well into the morning. Maybe around ten. They had made it! Daylight was so calming. It had been her life-saver. Daylight and Allia. Their pace had slowed to a gentle walk. Allia upon the horse from the stables and Averna as a foal. The five year old was so tired now. She changed into a hawk, much like the baby one in the food basket. She landed on the horse and became a mouse. The small black and white mouse curled up and went to sleep.

They traveled like this a while more. The village of Serendipity was now in eyesight. It was all so peaceful. No vampire trying to eat you. No loneliness. Just Averna, Allia, a baby hawk, a horse, some food, and a road leading into a wonderful city.
~*If I am Dead or seem to be, then Death, it cannot come to me.*~

Mikayla13  
SotE addict
(10/23/04 2:24 pm)
Reply   Re: Away From The Orphanage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ooc- sry for late post. Haven't been able to get on the computer =P

Allia looked down from her perch on the horse. Averna was still walking. She couldn't help wondering how she'd managed to keep pace all night. Just looking at her made Allia yawn.
Averna? What are we gonna do now that we've reached the town?

oc- gotta do fast post! Hopefully I'll be able to get on again soon!

Invisible Sweetness  
Odd One
(10/24/04 2:47 pm)
Reply | Edit   Re: Away From The Orphanage
 +The small mouse's tail flicked in thought. What was there to do? They had no money, no family, no friends outside eachother. Without lifting her rodent head, she answered.

"Well, I suppose we should find somewhere to stay for a while. Our food supply will run out soon, so maybe we should find some kind of jobs. Housework or something. What do you think?" She really wanted to sleep, but this was quite important.+

Mikayla13  
SotE addict
(10/24/04 6:51 pm)
 They were now approaching a square lined with stores and people.
"I suppose. " Spotting what looked like a food stand a mischevious grin took hold of her. "One moment....I'm gonna get us some breakfast." Allia jumped off the horse and headed towards the shop.

She didn't look back in case Averna didn't approve of this, but instead kept her eyes on the target, a fresh lump of bread sitting on the counter. As she approached, she scoped the amount of people and the difficulty of this task. Instead of grabbing it as she walked by the counter with the bread on it she went to sit by a barrel and pretended to examine the contents of her pocket. It would be too risky to try to steal it with it sitting on the counter right under the cook's nose. She'd have to use her fairy gifts again. Concentrating hard, she tried to go to the state of mind she'd had last night.

After a few minutes of gazing at the bread with determination she felt her power rising. Her finger tips began to tingle until it was hard not to plunge them into the barrel of water next to her. Suddenly the bread vanished, appearing in her hands. Immediately the tingle stopped and she held the bread triumphantly in her hands for a moment. Then, stuffing it into her coat she hurried out, grabbing two apples on her way.

When she returned to Averna she looked pleased with herself.
"Shouldn't hafta worry about food for awhile." she said grinning.

Invisible Sweetness  
Odd One
(10/24/04 9:04 pm)
 +The mouse's head popped up as she jumped off. What was she doing? Averna hated to steal, yet sometimes it was needed. She wouldn't say she had never done it herself. Her question was 'why is she passing it?' She soon discovered the answer. As she noticed her friends quick actions, Averna stood up, reaching only a few inches high. The little mouse showed her joy at the sight of fresh food. Her only spoken words were, "Sneaky." Before she shifted again into a colt. "Maybe we can find a barn somewhere and eat there." She looked to Allia.+

Mikayla13  
SotE addict
(10/30/04 3:23 pm)
 "Good idea" Allia said and jumped back up onto the horses back. She felt energized by her endeavors.
"C'mon!" Kicking the horse, she set off towards one of the houses which had a barn at the side.

Invisible Sweetness  
Odd One
(11/10/04 4:17 pm)
 +Once in the barn, Averna became human, her born image, again. Food. What a wonderful thing- food. She took the horse by the bridle and tied it up near some hay. She took out the hawk from the pouch. Averna smiled and sat on a bail of hay. She took some crumbs to feed the baby in her hand. Blue eyes looked out to the sky, blue and covered with white clouds.

"You know, I have the strangest feeling we haven't seen the last of Gabriel." She gave a shudder. "Why could that be?" She didn't have any clue of his connection being so deep with Allia.+

[ooc: I don't think she ever even knew his name, but we are going to pretend she does. Sorry for not posting, I thought I was waiting for you.]