Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Something worthwhile (Open)

Started by Ice, September 08, 2016, 07:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

The rain was pouring down as a lone presence moved through the empty streets. He was looking carefully for a place that would welcome someone like himself. He frowned when he saw a glow that came from the window of an old inn. He smiled as he wondered if they had any rooms left. He needed a warm dry place to stay for the night.

He pushed the door open and walked in the water dripping from his clothes. He frowned as he heard the soft mumbles coming from those who were still up at this late hour. He smirked keep his hood up over his horns. He did not want anyone to start a fuss over seeing him. He was kind of scary for most humans to see. He really did not understand what they feared though. He didn't see himself as an evil creature.most of his kind though were like that.

He now carefully sat down a a table in the far corner of the bar. He was seated to where he could see everything that was going on. A grim was on his face as well. He was ready for anyone who would dare to appear before him.

Gawfy

Gawfy trudged through the pouring rain, After a days worth of walking he finally found a Town he could Buy some food and maybe get his blade sharpened. Unfortunately getting lost cost him much more time than he anticipated and arrived in the dead of night. After wandering some time he Found a inn that seemed open. He grabbed the Door handle and entered.

He coughs and stares proceeded him, as his armor clacked behind him as he approached the counter.
Ah yes hello could i get a room to stay in and some food, and a bottle of rum now? he asked the Barmaid as he dropped a pouch of coin on the counter. She looked at it and quickly grabbed it as she rummaged through the back to get a bottle for him. Food will take a while, and ill have to check to see if we have any open rooms The barmaid said as she handed him a bottle
After he had bottle in hand Gawfy sat down in the middle of the room and started digging through his Rucksack. Ow damn he exclaimed as he pricked his finger on one of his back up throwing knifes, After he dug around he pulled a cup and a diary from the sack, poured himself some rum and began writing his next eentry

Ice

The demon was carefully watching the few people that were currently in the bar. He licked his fangs wondering if he should simply just kill a random person here just to see the shock and horror on everyone else faces. His cobalt blue eyes flared with an error glow as he thought about this. Though his thoughts were disrupted by the sound of the door opening now.

He saw an armored man come walking in. He looked him over and kind of frowned. He was kind of a big guy that was for sure. He frowned again trying to figure this man out. He seemed to be getting ready to write something now. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go over to where he was at the moment. So he just watched and waited to see what would happen next.

Gawfy

As Gawfy was writing down today's entry he clumsily knocked over His bottle of rum, Thankfully he put the cork back in after he poured it. Gawfy saw this and as the bottle started rolling on the floor he got up too quickly and tripped over his own foot, causing him to come tumbling down shaking the ground floor of the inn.Causing the inn's patrons to erupt in laughter The bottle rolled to the feet of a patron sitting in a distant man sitting in a corner of the inn

Tacocat86

It had been a while since he had had a rest, So Rutgar walked through the streets in the pouring rain with his all white cloak billowing behind him. He had been walking for twenty hours now without rest, and spotted an inn to the side of the road in a small town.

He quietly opened the door and walked to over to the counter to take a seat, Even though he had been trudging through the rain for a while, his cloak bore no signs of wetness. He pulled back the hood revealing a young-looking face with extremely light blue eyes, and white hair.

He signaled for the bartender and quietly asked,Have you got any fresh water? It's been a while, and my throat is quite sore.After getting his water, he took small sips while surveying the room with a blank expression on his face.

Ice

The demon smiled at the man's dropping of his rum and following tumble into the floor. He looked at the bottle which was down by his feet now. He wondered if he should pick it up and go help the man. Oh well he might as well be kind.  He picked up the bottle and made his way over to the fallen man. As he did this he saw another man enter the inn.

" Would you like some help up? And I also got your bottle ." He said in soft voice. He then held his hand out to the man. While he was doing this he eyed the newcomer wondering why this place suddenly got so busy.

Gawfy

Gawfy took the hand of the man? And got up Much obliged stanger He said as he got back in his chair as he did so he pulled his sword from his hook on his back to inspect it for any new dents
Thats more rum than i can drink, why don't you pull up a chair and help me finish it? He asked his new acquaintance As all of this commotion happened another soul entered the bar looking around
Gawfy sighed That's another blemish on my sword he put the sword back on its hook where it held snugly Tell me whats your name stranger?He asked the Man who helped him up, as he did so The barmaid came out with a Game hen on a fairly large platter and set it on the table

Gawfy

As he asked this Gawfy took a closer look at the man now standing at the bar, with only water in hand
Hey You! He called out to the man That wont do Come over here and help us finish this bottle of rum he bellowed to the man

Tacocat86

Rutgar finished his water with a last small swig and looked at the man who had offered him rum and the other man sitting in the corner. It had been a while so he shrugged and pulled up a chair next to them and sat down saying in a quiet voice, "Very well then, pass me some rum. He then looked closely at Gawfy, May i get your name, kind stranger?

Gawfy

Gawfy handed the the man the bottle and pulled 2 more cups from his rucksack The names Gawfy, Failed knight turned sellsword He said warmly then gave the man the one of his cups Don't worry i only ever use my cup so that one is clean, You can also have some of this hen if you also wish He said as he pulled a leg from the hen The barmaid gave him a room hey as she laid down the hen and brought out another bottle. It also seemed like more commiers where entering the inn at this time What do they call you? He asked the second hooded man

Tacocat86

He took the glass and poured some rum into it, then took a large swig. He stretched his back and replied in a quiet voice,"My name is Rutgar, I never really had an occupation. I mostly just do odd jobs in the cities that I visit." He made a small smile. He took his hood off, sighed and took another swig of rum. He then took a knife from the table and cut a small piece of the hen and ate delicately.

Gawfy

Rutgar eh?, pleased to meet ya Gawfy said warmly. Before you get the wrong idea, Im not a traitor or anything, He started to explain With my failed knight title and all, the nobles just  did ot like me or my way of fighting that much and felt that they should let me go then gawfy reached over rutgar for the bottle and brushed his arm against his and felt the cold Whoa, hey man are you feeling okay? He asked worryingly  I know its late at night but if you need to see a doctor or white mage Im sure i could wake them up.

Ice

The demon gave a smile to the man. He was just sitting and watching the two as they spoke. He was a very quiet sort of creature. Though his glowing cobalt blue eyes would tell most that he was no human. He still kept his hood up knowing that his kind weren't well liked. He chose not to interrupt the current conversation. He would just smile a fanged smile and listen to the two.

Tacocat86

He addressed Gawfy,"I would not have thought you a traitor, you don't look like one, as for my health,  you needn't worry." He then turned to the one sitting quietly at the table with them. Forgive my rudeness but I don't believe I asked your name.

Ice

The demon smiled as he was asked a question. He revealed his facts in a soft smile. " I do not think you are rude.  I am called salamon. " He said his voice carrying a soft happy tone as he spoke.

Gawfy

Nice to meet you salamon Gawfy said with an open mouth Whats got a man like you in this small town he asked

Ice

Salamon just smiled to the other man when he spoke. He knew he should not say the real reason that he was here. So he lied for the moment. " I am just traveling through. I never have any specific reasons for being in places. What about you two? Why are you here?" He asked softly now. Some might have been able to hear the demonic tone in his voice.

Gawfy

I'm just bouncing around taverns till i run of out coin.Gawfy said as he grabbed another leg of the game hen And when i do run out its back to the mercenary life He admitted