Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A settlement's judgement (Open)

Started by Avarex, September 09, 2016, 10:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avarex

A peaceful day in the settlement of Aklia, a minor barely known village in which young adventurers could stroll down the market to replenish their stock. Birds flew across, singing brightly, but something was off today - as the birds shrieked and fell dead to the ground, their eyes turning white. The local mayor sighed and ordered the cleaning teams to get rid of the dead animals "It is probably something they ate." he thought. The sky seemed clear for the most part, but one, odd black object that hovered over the city, distant, warped screams that seemed to come closer.

Birasius hovered above the settlement, gazing down upon it. His eyes wander from one corner to the other, judging every single inhabitant of this village by the very actions. Thousand echoes seem to haunt the village as the Herald opened his mouth "Heed my call, inhabitants of the settlement. Through careful observation of your village, your last days, your efforts, your work, your social acting the void came to the conclusion, that your essence is to be added to our realm. You will all be torn assunder, so that from your carcasses, new life can evolve. The era of the Void, has begun."

Screams could be heard from beneath as the Void Creature lifted his hand towards the sky, first, a pillar of pure void energy shot towards the sky - it parted the clouds above and killed every sound that errupted. Soon after, a barrier formed around the settlement "There is no escape, so lay down and surrender" - he moves his arms to be located to the left and to the right of his. The staff forming in the right palm as he merged it in front of him with his left hand. The barrier opened half a dozen of portals, through which creatures of the void seeped through - the battlefield was set.

Tacocat86

After traveling for several days Neymor had finally stopped for rest in a small, quiet, peaceful village that the locals had named Aklia. He was deep in sleep when a loud chorus of screams woke him up. Upon getting up in the inn he took a moment to breath in the fresh air and then he noticed a distinct sourness in the air. He put on his cloak and Kha coiled around his arm as he went out into the streets. He came across a void creature and kicked it's skull in two. the next one was not as lucky as Kha was hungry this morning. Kha's jaw unhinged and devoured the creature whole.

He rounded a corner and saw a creature hovering in the air, who was obviously leading the assault. He looked up at him and raised his voice,"Stop this assault at once, or I will have to end it myself." His eyes showed nothing but weariness and his stance was an open and unprotected one. "You disturbed my rest and for that you will pay." His voice hinted more at annoyance than anything else

Avarex

Birasius turned around slowly, he eyed the cleaved Void creature. "You have killed one of us." His gaze fell upon Neymor and hovered closer. Behind him more screams emerged the lips of the locals. "You mortals confuse me. You assume command over us, while we are to set free your mind. Rejoice and join our side - or join the cycle." it was an odd encounter, as Birasius didn't seem to make the slightest effort to sound threatening - it felt like an offer. Nor did the Void entity show any hints of attacking the adventurer who dared to step up to him.

The Void creature remained there, staring at Neymor while it's minions made sure the locals were gathering in one spot, clawing at them, should they step out of the line. "This is not an attack, mortal, this is the start of acension! Can't you see?"

ValamLym

Albedo had spend most of the day in complete isolation, enjoying her time in the river bathing. She had just left the village after a bit of a spectacle. People enjoyed her voice and that made her smile. After all its all she wanted, to sing and have fun. She leaned against the side of the river, raising her feet out of the water and splashing them again. A relieved sigh passing her lips as she simply relaxed, letting the river's stream drag at her a bit.

She rolled onto her stomach, her upper frame out of the water. Simply observing the forest around her. It wasn't until she heard the distorted and echoing voice in a distance that she fully rose, stepping out of the water with an annoyed sigh. Can't a girl enjoy life in peace... she thought to herself, grabbing her clothes and dressing herself, soaking her clothing in the process. But now wasn't the time to complain about that, she wanted to know what was going on.

She quickly ran, as fast as her feet could take her to the village, only to note a huge purple fluctuating dome surrounded it. She tapped it cursiously with finger, noting it passed through it. ''Void magic.. the stuff of the mistress.'' She muttered, before eyeing to the sky, the center of the commotion. She came in just in time to see some weirdo eat a creature of the void. That's going to give him a stomach ache worthy of the stuff of legend. She snickered at his remarks, before trailing her gaze upward, she was thoroughly impressed by what she saw ''A Harbinger? here?'' She muttered once more.

She stepped closer and respectfully knelt. It wasn't because she was being obedient, she just knew Harbinger's were more likely to heed your call that way. Their sole intent always seemed to judge the material realm.

After a moment she rose again, her angelic features fixated on the floating Harbinger, a soft gaze on her face. ''Uhhm, sir.. What is the reason for all this? I'm sure this is not what Mymyria would've wanted.. If you serve her that is.''

She sighed, if he didn't she'd probably have to resort to violence. She honestly just wanted to go back to bathing. It was super relaxing and it released a lot of tension. She figured she'd bathe even longer after this is settled, as a reward for herself.

Avarex

Bisarius gaze fell upon the kneeling woman. He nods at her approvingly "One who knows. One who seeks wisdom. We understand your concern - but we have found that these villagers have been abandoned by their gods. We offer them the acension into the void - or to become followers of Mymyria. Those who deny, will be liquidized and turned into something useful. To restore wounded brothers and sisters." the locals were now gathered in the center of the town, while Bisarius stared at Neymor. He pointed at him while lifting his high echoing voice once more "Why is this one commanding us? We haven't brought the obliberation army."

He then looks back at Albedo, nudging his head slightly. There was something about her, he then nods in acknowledgement, barely visible but it was there. Void Energy oozed from his body, spoiling the ground beneath him. Screeching could be heard from the portals - more were to come, more were to heed the call of the Harbinger.

Tacocat86

Neymor yawned and looked at the girl who had joined the creature. He only shrugged and said tiredly, "I just want to sleep, and here you go, gathering screaming villagers and bringing extremely loud monsters into this quiet place." The snake coiled around his arm hissed and bared its fangs. Neymor touched his temples and sighed, "I don't care if this is the goddamn rapture, i just wanted rest." He pointed at the barrier, "If you could let me out that would be great, Then you can go around transcending these villagers or whatever."

Gawfy

Janne Was roused from his slumber as Hulking abominations started entering the tavern he was sleeping in. More specifically the barmaid's screams. Janne hopped up and Took a battle position as they rushed him. He quickly shoved His greatshield into the ground. NOT A STEP CLOSER He beseeched as he cut the first monstrosity in two. After cutting down the other two he took his shield from the ground and headed outside to see people fleeing from every direction. He did not know what was going on but he knew they needed help. IF YOU CAN HEAR ME RUN TO THE BAR He screamed as he cut a monster down of off a man REINFORCE THE DOOR AND START FORTIFYING THE BAR  He told the now shaken  bar maid as he peered outside to see 2 figures floating and another kneeling

Avarex

"They are murdering our brethern. Female creature - what makes these mortals think, that their foul constructions could hold off our advance?" Birasius stared at the bar, his attention now fully upon the building. He floats over to the shouting man, eying him. He quickly circles him "He is armed. Like the other. He shouts at his people - another one, who wants to stop the acension?" - before long the void entity flew back to Neymor, shaking his head ghastly head "Nobody may leave untill the judgement has been fullfilled. And -you- are part of this judgement, weary nomad."

Birasius' gaze fell upon the woman once more "Does your kind have such a deathwish?" the loud echo of his voice thundering over the village - speaking to the entirety of the people currently around "Refrain from resisting. Do not raise your weapons against us, for your fight will be in vain."

The echo drilled itself into the heads of some locals as it seems, as they dropped onto their knees. They simply had lost the will to fight and followed the will of the Creature, while others stood defiant, shouting at him "You will never have our faith crumbling! WE - WILL - NOT -SURRENDER!" But as the man had finished his phrase, a voidling jumped his throat, tearing the man assunder. Seconds later, his corpse would begin to glow slightly - it hovered slightly just to be dragged towards one of the portals by void tendrils.

Tacocat86

Neymor took off his cloak and spread his arms wide revealing a silver and green snake coiled around his right arm, "Does it look like i'm armed? Listen, whatever you are,just let me leave, or i'll let myself out" His face was a blank expressionless slate, yet he seemed to have recovered from his weariness, yet his stance still did not suggest violence. Judge me if you will, but I sure as hell am not going to do any of this whole "submit to the void crap"." Done with this conversation he began walking towards the barrier dome.

Gawfy

Janne Watched as people where ripped apart. Anger coursed through him, He cast a Miracle in his left hand Throwing it where all those who where kneeling could see. The holy spear crashed violently against the Barrier producing a very small crack. As the spear exploded It bathed the town in a golden Light. IF YOU WISH TO LIVE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE BAR Janne yelled as he felled more beasts outside. A giant monstrosity now standing over him, smacked him into a nearby house Breaking several Ribs. Janne jumped back up And Yelled LIFE STRIKE as he cleaved the beast in two. More people where heading too the bar but he did not know how many abominations remain
WIZARD he yelled to the figure floating away. he did not know what the wizard wanted but he yelled  I CAN HELP YOU as he did so he turned to the other entity 

Avarex

Birasius looked at the small crack in the barrier as he waves his hand across the spear. Tendrils shot towards it, wrapping themselves around it. Quickly it was dragged towards one of the portals, while the barrier replenished itself rather effortless. "They are fighting us. Why?" - the kneeling commoners were in a trance like state, not budging to the words of the seemingly inexperienced adventurer. The only thing he truely achieved, was to gain the attention of the Void entity, who now turned towards him. "You use the Light, as if the Void was something unholy, mortal. Do not throw your life away. Rejoice and your acting will be forgiven. Fight us and we will tear you apart." the echo crumbled through the dome's interior. Void energy now stopped seeping from the Harbinger, his figure slowly altering itself.

"And we recommend, to avoid killing our brethern. We did not harm the faithful, Mymyria is watching over us. Your violent acting, will be of no good. You merely anger us and cause more harm than there has to be."

Meanwhile more and more void creature exceeded the portals, which kept forming with every slain voidling. It seemed to react to violence - while one gateway seemed to open up for Neymor in particular, following the course through which he tried to escape.

Tacocat86

Neymor looked at the man who had shouted at him and then looked away, "You should run while you can, you're clearly not equipped to deal with this situation. Maybe you could beg, he says that will save you. Me? I'm leaving." With that he turned his back on the events and walked towards the dome wall, knocking aside any void creatures in his way. He reached the barrier and put his hand on it feeling the energy it was made of. He could feel a that it was probably mostly immune to magic. He then smiled and cracked his knuckles. His left arm transformed into an unknown metallic substance and he took a step back. He then punched the barrier and a massive spiderweb crack formed at the collision point.

ValamLym

Albedo quietly listened to the ordeal, a hint of annoyance as she heard the would be mage talk. His arrogance was -unbefitting of him, he had absolutely no reason to act like he did. It seemed some were simply foolish enough to tempt powers beyond their own frail minds. She sighed, extending the palm of her hand, in front of Neymor a black portal would arise, another would open outside the dome.

''Leave, before you make it worse with your arrogance.''

She sighed again. Turning her attention the man yelling in the tavern. Truly mortals had no idea how to deal with creatures like this. She would have to fix their problems again. Slowly, she was starting to understand why Amira preferred eating them.

''Fools, cease your struggle and disarm yourselves, I will speak with the Harbinger. There's no point in fighting the endless void, for every creature you cut down a thousand more stand ready to take its place.''

She turned her attention to Birasius fixating her golden gaze on him, a soft smile on her lips. ''Forgive them, great one. They do not understand your goals like I do. I'm certain you're aware I am not what I seem.'' she gestured, dropping her illusion and revealing the wings attached to her lower backside, though not changing anything else drastically. ''I would ask you to cease your attack and observe again, these mortals are poor examples of the possibilities their living vessels can do to serve Mymyria.''

Avarex

Birasius already seemed a little annoyed, as the assault form took more and more shape. He heard the voice of the woman, he turned away from the frail young being to gaze at her. The Void Emissary nods slowly, definitely he knew what she was and that all too well. The voidlings slowly stopped and turned away from the frightened populace of the town. They ran towards the portals and disappeared in the purple vasts of the void. The dome slowly lifted itself.

The Harbinger turned towards Albedo "You are truely a blessing for these, mortal. We will observe. We will judge. The cycle must continue."

Gawfy

and why should we ? He asked the woman He is just going to kill us anyway and if i remember correctly it is these ...Things that attacked me in the first place , but why are they not attacking you?   He asked as he saw more creatures coming toward the bar he put his greatsword in the doorway with an unfaltering resolve  as he said this the dome was lifting it self Is it over? he said outloud

Tacocat86

(OOC: and i'm out, I just wrote myself into a corner there and I think this is where my character walks off into the distance.)

Gawfy

Just who and what are you? janne asked the woman

ValamLym

Who I am or what I am is for you to wonder, not to know.''

She simply muttered the words turning her attention back to the Harbinger. Relieved he had listened to her words and had begun retreating his void spawn. She knew it wouldn't last however, but at-least these people had just gotten a second chance.

''I'd work to impress it, if I were you.''

She gestured around the village. Before looking to Janne. ''I believe you have something to say to the Harbinger.''

Gawfy

I'm sorry? This situation confused Janne Could he really reason with This Harbinger?
He would contuine to be wary

Avarex

Birasius turns towards Janne, nudging his head. The passive form of his nearing the adventurer, he lowers his head a little "We accept your apology, mortal. We granted you a second chance, be sure to use it. We wish to know though, why you murdered our spawn.". The voice of the harbinger resonated through the entire village, the commoners cowering in fear as they heard the cracking echo. They sure knew what would happen, if the adventurer brought forth the wrong answer, or did they? If the legends of the Harbingers is true, the end days were sure to follow if the judgement was brought upon them this time.