Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Morning Tide [Lonely Bird] [M]

Started by Cheesigator, September 20, 2016, 04:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheesigator

A warm, salty seaside breeze blew gently through the streets of Cerenis, making the sails of ships billow as the boats rocked to the gentle ebb and flow of the seawater. It was bright and sunny in this town, and the chatter of its citizens was so different in comparison to the howling winds and creaking pine boughs on Kkilanthro Mountains.

But sometimes it was nice to take a break from home and go explore for a while. Or a year. Or a few.

Eyes that flashed like silverfish gazed upon the town with a worrying lack of disinterest as Spike stood at the road leading into downtown, tying his jacket around his waist and rolling up his sleeves. It was so hot here in comparison to his homeland, he couldn't imagine being in the desert right now, though he had been there before. He probably hated it so much that he'd blocked it from his mind, because he couldn't remember a thing about it. Except the sand. He'd stared at the sand under his feet a lot, apparently.

He looked down at the sand underneath him right now, eyebrows raising just slightly before he blew out a sigh and continued on into the town.

Spike really wasn't sure what had convinced him that the coast of Serendipity was a place that he needed to visit this week, but that was normal. Traditionally, whenever he got the slightest inkling that he should go somewhere, needed to be somewhere, or wanted to go somewhere, he went there. It wasn't like he had a whole lot of other pressing matters to tend to.

The shops looked quaint, the people were civil (and boring) and before long he found himself heading into a tavern to get himself a mug of mead, because he was thirsty, and many days and nights traveling tended to make one's hooves ache. Mead would fix that right up, he thought. Though there was one thing he noticed for sure as he entered the establishment; there were some people of interest here.

Like pirates, it seemed.

Draconian

Only a few were allowed shore leave at a time and right now it was Lonely Birds. Well, Lonely Bird's and a few others. He was here to get away from them though, which was why he was at the bar with some hard liqour or another. Probably some strange fae concotion that would have him slurring his words or thinking he was a pretty princess.

Lonely Bird didnt look to be exactly what he was.

It helped when he needed to trade flesh.

The cascading white hair, tied back in a loose ponytail. The disarming blue eyes. The tall stature. The brilliant arms. The charming good looks.

Then his neck felt itchy and he frowned, hand moving to it after he drank his fairy drink. It tasted nasty. Lonely Bird wrinkled his nose and heard the door open. Another itch.

His forehead tingled and he pressed his palm over it before glaring over his shoulder. Eyes catching on the short man when he entered the area, frowning at the strange tingling. He'd never had that happen before, it was an awful buzzing.

Another irritated look over his shoulder at the newest occupant and a frown before a second fairy drink was ordered and pushed to the empty seat beside him. Just in case.

Cheesigator

It was rare, even in this world full of fantastical creatures beyond your wildest dreams, that you honestly got two unicorns together completely by random in the same room.

For one like Spike, who still had his horns and magical abilities, it was more of a painless stab by the marking in the middle of his forehead that hid his actual horn, which then cascaded down his spinal cord and made every nerve tingle. It made him stop dead in his tracks, and it guided his gaze to a dazzling person sitting at the bar with long white hair, a perfect body and from what Spike could tell, a really damn good-looking face.

So that was why he had a feeling he should come here.

He didn't let himself hesitate, though for the first time in a long time he felt a flare of what he might almost describe as nervousness flicker in the pit of his stomach as he walked over and seated himself next to this interesting person, already finding a drink there like it was nearly waiting for him. But still, better be polite than assume. For now.

"I hope this seat isn't taken." He said, his voice surprisingly deep for a man so small.

At least up close he could get a good look at this person; just sitting next to him made it feel like the air between the two of them was almost buzzing, humming with some kind of energy, although they both had very different kinds of energy. Where this stranger had a long, slender nose, big blue eyes, a soft lipline and locks of hair like whispy clouds, Spike was almost the exact opposite. Spike's eyes were more of an almond shape, silvery-blue eyes often distorted by long black eyelashes. His face was broken up with a bit of a large nose, and defined lips and scars that marred his cheekbone and thick eyebrows.

His skin was pale as snow, Spike's tanned and earthy. He was beauty and grace, and Spike was a guilty pleasure. Oh yeah, surely they'd go great together.

Yet he couldn't help but notice that something was slightly... off about this one. It had been a long time since he'd crossed paths with another unicorn, or seen his own mother, but the others he had met hadn't been anything like this. They hadn't been this... Well it surprised him to think it, but dull. Like a diamond that had been scratched--nearly impossible, and quite a challenge to fix. Something was wrong with this one. For some reason, his eyes were drawn to the marking in the center of the stranger's forehead.

A unicorn's marking was often unique, if it was even there at all. Spike often thought of his as rather dull and boring, and yet when he looked at the marking of the stranger he could only sense that his was even more dull than Spike's own.

But he held his tongue for now; rather than be a smarmy asshole and voice the first thoughts that popped into his head, he tried for a more tactful approach.

"You seem like something is wrong. Had a long day?"

Draconian

Lonely Bird blinked at the stranger. Disliking the buzzing - It had only gotten worse as the other man got closer. Maybe it was him? A polite half-smile was given to the stranger when he sat himself down, and a pale elegant hand pushed the drink closer. "Tastes like sparkles," He supplied helpfully - or not so helpfully, given that sparkles probably didn't actually have a flavour. Lonely Bird stole another glance, frowning at the markings for a moment.

The buzzing continued, making his fingertips itchy and he rolled his shoulders in an effort to make it go away.  He ground his finger tips against his palms on the bar in an effort to make them go away, staring down at the stained wood before the oddly deep voice caught his attention again and he turned to look. Another frown.

Who was this punk? He'd given him a drink and all the little shit did was make his skin buzz. Lonely Bird gave him a sweeping look before wrinkling his nose and turning away.

"Long few months," Lonely Bird's voice was lyrical, an odd accent that would be hard to place in any of the major countries - Honestly, anything of his life from when he had a horn was a big haze. Little things came to him ocasionally but they were nice and pleasant and Lonely Bird wasn't pleasant. He could be nice. Sort of.  Polite. Polite was a good replacement for nice.

One final glance at the stranger and Lonely Bird rested his elbow on the bar and turned, looking sort of irritated and itchy. "Who are you?" he finally asked, an eyebrow raised and he made a careful move to brush his bangs over his forehead.

Cheesigator

Spike couldn't help but raise his thick, frosted eyebrows as a drink was pushed towards him, and in the same movement described as "sparkly." It almost sounded like it was a poorly masked attempt at drugs, but the man who sat next to him didn't really seem like the type--on second thought, Spike took another long look at him and decided that yes, yes he was that type.

This stranger was nearly the spitting image of a man who would rely on his good looks to get by your guard, knock you out, take your organs and try to sell them back to you after leaving you for dead in the desert, or at least that's what he looked like in Spike's mind's eye. A man so low he could walk under a rattlesnake.

He liked him.

He accepted the offering of the drink, figuring that if it was dangerous, he could get himself out of most situations, he had so far, hadn't he? He took a sip, and nodded in agreement.

"Glitters more than a man in a princess's wedding dress." He said after the stranger had answered his question. "I guess one way to respond to long month's is certainly with drink. Hopefully the next few go better for you."

He took another drink, well aware of the other's spared glance before the stranger finally deemed him worthy (or perhaps interesting enough was a better term for it) for proper conversation. His identity was questioned, and Spike set down his drink, his tongue tingling a bit from the taste.

He took in a deep breath and let it out in a soft exhale, taking his time before sliding his gaze back over to the other man, very obviously looking him up and down, and shrugging.

"Just another unicorn, like yourself."

He finished off his drink, setting the cup down on the bar and pushing it away. "Though there's definitely something different about you, and I can't quite place my finger on what exactly it is."

Now it was Spike's turn to turn himself towards the other, almost perfectly copying the way the other unicorn sat, with his elbow on the bar and his cheek resting in the palm of his hand.

"We have a lot of magic about us, that's why you get that tingling sensation, assuming you feel it too."

**OOC: Sorry I didn't get the chance to respond sooner, I was out of town for a few days and didn't have access to a computer! D:

Draconian

There was a time when Lonely Bird would have recognized another like himself and he would have been happy. Excited even. He doesn't remember it, but there was a second of pure joy when he heard the words 'another unicorn' and then he'd never felt his insides go so cold so fast in his life. In the decade since he'd lost his horn the utter disappointment was overwhelming for a few seconds and he pressed his fingers to his forehead to touch the strange marking there.

They were his but they weren't his. They were different and the buzzing grew stronger and he stared at the strange kid who drank the Wedding Dress Princess Drink and stared and stared and Lonely Bird couldn't stop staring.

Was his face more pale than usual? Did he still have that attractive flush to his cheeks?

"It's a buzzing," Lonely Bird finally said, his voice a deep rumble in his chest before her cleared his throat. Only another Unicorn would understand, "It's making my skin itchy because it has no where to go," He finally said, looking away and swallowing before ordering something different now. Just a shot of hard liqour. He didn't care what.

He wanted his throat to burn and tingle just like his skin did.

"My horn is gone. It was stolen." He said simply, voice thick before eyeing the kid, "I didn't even realize," he looked at the kid again, tilting his head and looking at him like he was even more interesting. A unicorn. It'd been... Lonely Bird had no idea. Forever.

"I mean... I knew I was broken but... I didn't even notice," He laughed and shook his head, giving a little toast to the kid before knocking back the second one that had appeared before him, "What's your name Kid? Can't exactly call you Horn-y Unicorn."

Cheesigator

The other man's response at first just made Spike slightly confused. Nowhere to go? He narrowed his eyes, only slightly, as he listened to the other's brief explanation for why he was so different from Spike:

He no longer had his horn.

The words made Spike's skin run cold, a chill running down his spine. Now it was his turn to stare at the other, somewhat baffled. The idea of having your horn stolen... It was entirely news to him. How could that happen? How could you let that happen?

Of course, he'd heard humans talk about it before--the rumors that came and went throughout the years about which body parts from which magical beings granted eternal life, beauty, fame or glory, or sometimes all of the above. Dragon teeth, unicorn horns, phoenix feathers, the list went on and on and on... But humans were never usually successful in getting any of these things. They died trying or just made fakes to sell for unbelievable prices that were far easier to obtain and required much less life-risking. The market for magical body parts was never usually much of a threat.

So what had happened to this one?

He was pulled out of his confusion when the other toasted him and knocked back another drink, asking what his name was... And referring to him as a kid. Spike held back the urge to sneer at him, and instead told himself to take it as a compliment that he just looked that young, fresh and handsome. Or something like that. Whatever.

"I tell you mine, you tell me yours; I keep things simple, everyone calls me Spike." He said with a shrug and a coy smile.

He paused for a moment, watching the little things about the man; the way his fingers touched his cup of drink, the way his hair moved and fell about his frame in the constraints of his ponytail. He looked back at the other's forehead, and then to his eyes.

"Do you remember who did this to you?" He asked quietly.

His voice had taken on a bit of a somber tone; something like this was a subject not to be taken lightly. In fact, every shred of compassion he had in his body (which was a lot, surprisingly) was telling him that something should be done about this, but whether or not the other unicorn would even want to was something that Spike wasn't exactly sure of. The fact that he was sitting here in a bar, drinking the night away gave Spike the impression that he hadn't really given his past or the stealing of his true identity much afterthought.

Draconian

Pffft. Spike. That was a silly name.

Lonely Bird smiled to himself for a moment, a far away look in his eyes. Maybe it was a unicorn thing to have a silly name. A brief glance to spike and he gave his lips a purse in thought. It was a suiting name.

"Spike," he gave his head a few nods like he was trying to process it and he'd opened his mouth to reoly. But then the second set of words happened and he clamed up. Did he remember?

"I don't even remember my real name," he scoffed, giving a forced smile before he reached for  Spikes hand and forcefully give it a shake  "Though, now I'm Lonely  Bird, Captain of the Storm Keeper," which was a lie. His ship had no official name but at least thay one sounded cool

Maybe keep that for a while and see if it picked up."Looking for passage? I can grt you on cheap. Cheaper if you dont mind doing... favours for the crew." Anothr drink was flagged to him and he pressed the second one to Spike, "To horns, wherever they may be."

He sure missed his.

Cheesigator

Spike accepted Lonely Bird's handshake with lips pursed in thought, brows furrowed as he considered what the other unicorn had said. He didn't even remember his own name anymore? Names were usually pretty important, the first thing imprinted on you at birth. So that meant that he might have just forgotten everything from when he had his horn--it was amazing he knew he was a unicorn at all.

He raised his eyebrows at Lonely Bird's comment and snorted a little as he was pulled back from his thoughts and he took the drink, taking a swig before setting the cup back down after their odd toast.

"I'm not usually too fond of boats." He said with a slight shrug; too long on one and it made him seasick, it was a miserable feeling and he hated it so much. But... "Have you ever tried retracing your steps? Y'know, back to where you were when you woke up without it." There might be clues there, someone who might know something.

Then again, who knew how long it had been that Lonely Bird had just... Left the issue unsolved, said 'Oh well' and given up on it. That was definitely something Spike couldn't wrap his head around--why didn't he try to chase down who had it? Why didn't he try to get it back?

He turned his gaze to the rim of his cup, thinking for a moment before raising his eyebrows and shrugging a little. "I could even help you look if you wanted. It sounds like an interesting adventure." He turned his frosty blue gaze back to Lonely Bird, waiting to see his reaction.

Draconian

Retracing his steps?

Lonely Bird stared at Spike, eyes lowering for a moment before he ducked his head down and pursed his lips. Green? Forest? No. Rocks. There was a hollow feeling in his chest and he chewed on his lip, raising his hand to his forehead to touch the smooth seal on his forehead. Though quickly he jerked his hand back, hating the sensation of touching there. He could remember the seal being placed on. It hadn't hurt. It had been uncomfortable, like being in a too small space and not being able to breath.

"No one's ever offered that before," He said softly, confused. Distracted. Finger's reaching to hover over the seal again before he pulled away and shook his head. Then he frowned, looking at Spike. A smirk and he leaned on the bar, his head on his hand, looking at the other unicorn through his pale hair. "Why so interested. I've already come to terms that I'm going to die in a few years," He had, which was why he was doing everything he could to live life to the fullest.

Being a slaver.

There was a learning curve.

Lonely Bird cleared his throat and leaned back, frowning at the bar. "I don't really remember," He finally said, "There was a woman. She was... Beautiful... Kind. Giving." A confused frown and he shook his head, a sense of betrayal bloomed in his chest, "She gave me the seal, said it would slow the degradation of a unicorn not having a horn. Ease the way." He motioned to Spike, "I wouldn't survive long without this," He pointed to his forehead.

Then he shook his head, "Eugh, terrible." He frowned and stood up, stepping away from the back, "Nice to meet you Spike, but I have to go... uh... Outside." A brief pat on the back to his new friend and he wandered away, legs unsteady confused. Irritated. Stupid Unicorns. Trying to get into everyone's business.

Cheesigator

He could tell that the conversation was making the other man uncomfortable; it made Spike a little uncomfortable as well to be honest, but he also had a feeling it was something that needed to be talked about. Whether Lonely Bird wanted to admit it or not.

He talked about a woman who had given him the seal that was keeping him alive, but thinking on it too much seemed to cause him either pain or at least great discomfort; he got up and started to leave, and something in Spike's gut twisted.

Unicorns were a rare commodity these days; he knew that well enough because he was one.

He could count on one hand how many times in his life he'd randomly happened to run into someone else of his kind, and yet this one was just withering away--and letting himself do it, at that. His gut clenched a little tighter.

He downed the rest of his drink, slamming it down on the counter and hopping off the bar stool, going after the unicorn and finding him outside. He hesitated for a moment, hands resting in his pockets as he looked away, before slowly approaching him.

"I'm interested because I haven't met someone else like me in a very long time." He said, his voice a little rough, with some emotion he couldn't quite name. He looked at Lonely Bird, something flickering in those icy eyes of his.

"You don't have to be a Lonely Bird, you know. Even if it is poetic. Besides, I don't believe that you've come to terms with death because you're still a virgin." He smirked, eyebrows raised in amusement as he looked up at the other man. It was a guess, but from the man's odd mannerisms and his unease around people in general, he thought it was pretty obvious. Maybe he was wrong but his hunches usually weren't. Maybe it'd give them something else to talk about, something to keep the other unicorn around for just a little while longer.

Draconian

A frown and Lonely Bird froze.

Hesitation and he cast a brief look towards the ground before turning towards the source of his tingles. The uncomfortable ones. It felt like his fingers were prickling and he turned towards Spike, frowning before he continued his pace, though froze quickly and looked forward. A curious glance over his shoulder, he rubbed his fingertips together before he pressed his palm to his forehead.

Lonely Bird couldn't remember the last Unicorn he'd met.

Probably because he couldn't sense them. Not really. Not anymore. He'd barely recognized Spike and he seemed to be quite the powerful individual. Maybe that was why? It was irritating to him, that this... Full functioning creature gave a shit. Lonely Bird was perfectly content to just let himself live out the rest of his life, broken. His crew didn't know. His prisoners didn't know. His contacts didn't know.

This guy knew though.

And he cared.

Lonely Bird swallowed carefully before he barked out a harsh laugh, "Well, I'm fairly certain if I'd known what you were I'd have done my best to avoid you in the first place." He lifted his hand to wiggle his fingers, the tingling sensation a soft buzz at being so close. It was frustrating how much he didn't want the buzz to go away. How much he wanted what it represented back.

Finding his horn though... Where would that even start?

Before Lonely Bird could get side tracked though, his pale eyes flicked to Spike and he was about to open his mouth, snap out that he had come to terms with it because he knew he was going to die and didn't just drown himself. Then he sputtered, "A Vi..." He frowned, giving Spike a long look, "What's that have to do with anything. Disgusting," He wrinkled his nose, "I've seen it on a few occasions and have had no desire to partake in it myself," Lonely Bird drew back his shoulders to make himself look bigger, folded his arms over his chest.

"Sweaty rutting and my lack of it," He sneered, "Has nothing to do with the fact I've accepted I'm going to die in ten years without my horn." It would have been sooner without the seal.

Cheesigator

Spike grinned mischievously and laughed at Lonely Bird's comment, stepping closer and brushing against him; he hadn't meant to, it had just been a natural thing. Perhaps they were really just a strange pair of horses deep down inside, who knew.

But whatever it was, when they got closer to each other the tingling was ever more present--if their skin touched, Spike wondered, now what would that feel like?

He'd screwed a lot of people and other sentient beings in his time on this planet, but he'd never done another unicorn before. He had a feeling that if he did it would probably be something to remember for many years to come.

Don't get him wrong--that wasn't the only thing he ever had on his mind, usually, but it was a distraction and it was one that Lonely Bird seemed to let himself get swept away with, so he'd leave the heavier subjects for later, if there was a later.

"I didn't get it at first either, but I think a lot of people would tell you you haven't really lived until you've at least tried it once. I'd be inclined to agree, but I'm also biased--I might enjoy it a little too much. But if you don't want to then that's your deal, I don't think anyone could blame you."

He was smirking as he said it, the glitter in his eyes playful, but he noticed as he stood there by the other man that the energy between the two of them felt... Unique. Different. So close together, it was almost like they were sharing it. It felt strangely refreshing, and again he wondered what would happen if they tried other things with it.

"But, if you decide you need help with any of it--your horn, other things, I'll probably be around in town for a little bit longer." He shrugged. "After all, I don't think it's coincidence that we ran into each other. But I don't think anything happens purely out of coincidence."

He started to step away, the pull of energy between them so raw it almost felt physical, like they were being pulled apart, had they been holding hands or hugging for example. It was a very strange feeling, and it left him feeling a little lonesome afterwards, but it wasn't unfamiliar--at some point in his life, and at some point in Lonely Bird's, they had both done this with other unicorns. Left, and hadn't come back, left to wander by themselves.

It was an oddly depressing sensation that left him a bit empty inside, to be honest.

Draconian

The brush was electric.

Lonely Bird stared after Spike, felt his heart pick up the pace just a little bit. Adrenaline. Fear. He licked his rosy lips and looked at his hands for a moment, pale and soft. It was irritating that no matter how much work he did, how wounded he got, he didn't scar, didn't get calluses. Lonely Bird didn't really feel anymore, he found. Maybe irritation. Maybe anger. A zing of envy.

He found he was envious of this other unicorn.

Lonely Bird also found himself reaching out ever so slightly to grab Spike's hand, to feel that shock again. Though quickly he snapped his hand back and tucked it under his elbows, glaring and frowning and generally just trying to look unpleasant in all the ways he could muster. If he looked angry, people didn't talk to him. Despite his appearance, he'd worked hard on his general 'aura' of 'leave me the fuck alone'. Spike, obviously, didn't adhere to the unspoken request.

It was panic that drove him.

Coincidence wasn't a thing. If that was the case, Lonely Bird was supposed to lose his horn, become Captain of a ship to... Meet Spike? He wanted to laugh but the buzzing on his skin, crawling along his spine and making his belly tingle told him otherwise. It felt wrong and out of place but so familiar and Lonely Bird chewed on his lip briefly before his hand snapped out and he bent a little grabbed Spike's wrist. He wanted to talk for just a few more seconds before the little shit just walked away.

Feeling the warm flesh of Spike's wrist, for a few moments didn't feel fuzzy. Like he'd been drowning and broke the surface for a breath. Lonely Bird audibly gasped before he snapped his hand back like it burned. Too much, too much too fast and he stared at his hand like it'd slapped him, then at Spike like he'd just sucker punched him.

"I want your help," Nice and subtle. Smooth.  He even waited about ten seconds before he decided. Then he paused, "With my horn, not... Other things." He sneered again, though, he eyed Spike's wrist like it was a tempting glass of water and he was starved for it. "I wouldn't know where to start though, I... I've never tried to remember." And still his hands were tucked under his elbows.

Cheesigator

He hadn't noticed any of the other man's glaring; he'd had his back turned, and thus was caught completely by surprise by the sudden warmth around his wrist.

It sent a shiver throughout his whole body, made him stop dead in his tracks, made him gasp--he could barely choke back a moan. He was perhaps a bit... Too sensitive, to some things, it seemed. He stared at his wrist, frosty eyes wide with shock and confusion; he'd never felt that before, or, no, maybe he had--in a way, it felt oddly familiar.

He looked back at Lonely Bird and blinked; he was just as shaken. Whatever it was they just experienced, Spike would've been lying if he said he didn't want more. And judging by the flickering gaze of Lonely Bird, there was a suggestion there that he wasn't the only one who did.

He considered the other unicorn's words carefully for a moment before he turned fully to face him and took a measured step towards him, trying not to let the shock of energy get to him, at least not visibly.

"Well, you mentioned something about a woman earlier. Do you remember if she had a name, or what she looked like?" He asked, trying desperately to steer the conversation in a direction that distracted him from the obvious, but it was extremely difficult. His mouth felt a little dry, his heart was beating a little faster in his chest. It was like every fiber of his being craved that touch, begged for Lonely Bird to step forward and connect with him again.

He forced himself to look away from the man when he realized there was probably a visible heated gaze of hunger in his eyes; he dug his fingernails into the palm of one of his hands as he tried to ground and get a hold of himself. He hadn't felt that kind of pull in a VERY long time, there was something so innocent and pure about it, despite the unpure intentions he might've had otherwise.

Nope. Not thinking about it.

"Do you remember at all what it looked like, when you woke up?" More distractions. Practically useless. Damn.

Draconian

Lonely Bird closed his eyes for a moment before he took a deep breath...

Dropped his hands and shrugged, "I'm not drunk enough to think about it," He admitted. It wasn't really unicorn-ly of him, he supposed. He looked around, "Where are you staying?" His hands held his sides, though he kept stealing glances at various fleshy bits Spike displayed. Wondering if would feel the same if he touched somewhere besides the wrist. Briefly he wondered what would happen if he pressed his forehead to his but the idea alone made his skin tingle in a not good way.

If Lonely Bird, the unicorn without a horn, hated having his forehead touched, what would it feel like for a Unicorn that did? A tilt of his head and he looked at Spike's forehead curiously, frowning at his hand that was slowly, ever so slowly, making his way to the other mans cheek before he realized what was happening. His hand snapped back and he tucked it under his elbow again.

"You're short," He finally realized, using it as an excuse to stand closer, shoulder height. Lonely Bird smirked, tilting his head and hesitantly put his hand on Spike's clothed shoulder, the buzzing was there, but the zing wasn't.  It was a friendly squeeze before he pulled his hand away, "how about I buy us some more drinks, we go to where you're staying or where I'm staying and you can help me... Figure this out." A slow breath and he shook his head, "I'd... Appreciate the help, and... We can maybe try to figure out whatever... This is." 'This' being the tingle and Lonely Bird waved his hands between them to indicate the invisible... WhateverItWas.

"Either way, none of this is really for prying eyes," He looked at the few people milling about, staring at the strange pair. The almost ethereal and angelic Lonely Bird and the smaller, scrappy looking Spike. What a pair they were.

Cheesigator

Spike couldn't help the bit of a dry laugh that came out when Lonely Bird said he wasn't drunk enough for this. Spike wasn't usually one to get drunk much himself, but for once he nodded in agreement; getting drunk sounded like a fantastic idea right about now.

"I haven't yet found a place to stay, I only got here a few hours ago." He said with a shrug; his gaze flickered to the hand that was slowly reaching for him, and just as he was about to give in and move just enough forward that they'd have touched again, the hand was retracted.

He let out a slight breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. Shit.

He raised his eyebrows at the man's genius comment, realizing it for what it was, as Lonely Bird stepped forward and placed a hand on his shoulder. His icy gaze slid from the unicorn's face to his hand and then back again, something sparking in those eyes of his that could have told books about how he wanted to touch the other man just as much.

"If you're offering, I'd be a fool to refuse." He practically purred, that smirk finding its way on his face far too easily. He leaned in just close enough that it was clear there was more going on here, and some of the bystanders on the street looked away with blushes on their faces.

Spike was too well versed in the 'come get me, I dare you' bedroom eyes look. "I'm all for going somewhere more private." He said before stepping away, indicating it was time for them to leave the street--but not before he let their hands brush again, and that electric tingling sensation was so energizing and euphoric he had to bite his lip to keep himself from making any lewd noises in public.

What had he just gotten himself into?

"Know any other good taverns around here, or would you like to go back to where we met earlier?" He asked, his voice just a tad bit rougher.

Draconian

Lonely Bird wasn't quite sure how to process that. He licked his lips and stared. Shock? Horror? No, neither, though Lonely Bird was sure to keep his hands to himself.  Spike wasn't going to be around forever. He was going to help get back his horn and then they'd part ways. It would be best to not get used to the sensation. As odd and as nice as it was. Then the numbness went away and Lonely Bird gasped again, hands shuffling to be tucked under his elbows so that he'd stop touching the kid.

Alarmed, Lonely Bird watched Spike bite his lip and he frowned slightly, watching the shorter man for a moment. Was he hurt? Did that hurt? Lonely Bird looked at his wrist before he shuffled away a little and shrugged, not missing the roughness Spike's voice took on. "I figured I'd just buy some whiskey off the bar and hole up somewhere and finish it. It's always easier to think of shitty things when you're not sure if you're on land or sea." A shrug and he shuffled backwards a little, keeping his eyes on Spike, before he turned around completely and went back to the tavern.

This was weird.

Lonely Bird closed his eyes for a long moment before he took a seat at one of the tables, flagging down a barmaid and gently touching her wrist before he requested a mostly full bottle of whiskey. No tingles. No zings. Just Spike then. Maybe it was a horn thing. He'd ask later. Maybe. Confused but compliant, the girl brought the whiskey to the table and a few glasses and Lonely Bird made sure that the chairs beside his weren't close enough to actually touch someone.

A mouth of whiskey to feel it burn and he closed his eyes with a sigh, looking up at the ceiling. This is gonna be a long night, he decided, and if he wanted to talk about his first set of memories he'd need to be pretty deep into his cups. "Does that hurt?" Lonely Bird suddenly asked, "You make faces. Y'know, when we touch."

Cheesigator

Spike shrugged. It wasn't a bad idea, rather a solid concept--he'd done it himself a few times. But despite the truth to his words, Lonely Bird took them back to the tavern; he'd caught the gasp, as well as the frown, but figured that would be the end of it as they took their seat.

He saw the other unicorn brush his hand against the barmaid's wrist, his icy gaze flicking to Lonely Bird's face as he watched his reaction. It had been what Spike figured it was--an experiment. Yeah, virgin was kind of an easy way of putting it--he didn't really get physical with others at all, did he? If he hadn't noticed that it was only with other unicorns he'd feel like this.

He leaned back in his seat, getting rum for himself. He'd come to enjoy the taste in its weird way, and he knocked back a good few gulps of his bottle before he set it down on the table, giving the other unicorn a stare that was a mixture of turned on and also calculating; unsure.

He looked away, couldn't help but smile a little. "No, it doesn't hurt. The opposite, actually. It feels amazing." He could only imagine what it would have felt like if they held hands--if they held each other naked. If--nope. Nope. No. Bad.

He licked his lips, his mouth feeling a little dry, so he took another sip of his drink, looking back at the man, his gaze running up and down, taking in everything he saw.

"I'm a very physical creature." He said, with a slight shrug. "Sensitive to things like this. It is what it is. What about you?" He suddenly asked, raising his eyebrows a little. "How does it feel?" Considering Lonely Bird didn't have his horn anymore, what would it feel like for him? Just as good? Or perhaps it did hurt?

Draconian

How did it feel for him?

Lonely Bird placed his hands on the table, palms up, pale, immaculate. He couldn't even remember if he actually ever got dirty. A lingering look to Spike, caught the strange look in his eyes, unfamiliar but calculating. It made him want to recoil a little, like something not right was in the other mans head. A wince and he brought his own hand to his head, pressing his knuckles to his temple before he took another swig of his whiskey.

"It feels like I can breath after drowning for ten years," He stated simply, shaking his head, giving Spike's neck a hungry look. Not because it was Spike, or the fact it was his neck, but because Lonely Bird had really... He missed being able to breath. He couldn't remember what it was like to not be muted. If touching Spike was a hint of that... Lonely Bird would probably do just about anything for his horn back. 

A nod to Spike's head, "Maybe whatever's in me is... Breathing... Through you when we touch," He touched the bridge of his nose, to point to the seal. Another drink, "She gave me this, she said, because she was my friend and that I deserved to live longer with her, then I woke up like this." A frown and a far away look in his eyes, shaking his head to try and remember, "It was green, there was a lake. A beautiful castle." Lonely Bird laughed bitterly, "But that could be anywhere in Serendipity," He stated, "Her name was Sylvia and she was beautiful, kind. Gentle." A frown, why did he know that?

"I never..." A shake of his head, "I don't know if I like it," Lonely Bird stated, rubbing his finger tips together, the tingling sensation of being so close to Spike along with the alcohol made for an interesting sensation, "I miss breathing, but ... I can't miss it if I don't get to experience it anymore," A confused frown and Lonely Bird shook his head, "But I can experience it through you." And he held his hand, palm up on the table.

Tags: