Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

~*~DarknessAndLight....TwoSidesOfTheSameBlade~*~

Started by Anonymous, January 21, 2006, 11:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Iy wasn't the sound of orhange directors that woke the young brown  head up but the lack of them. His eye opened sloly and he looked around the first thing he noticed was that the sun was shinning this made him grin. He looked down to pat Adri and was startled to see that she was not there.

He stood and looked around fear evdivent on his face. If anything had happened......

He tried to smile when she walked through the door. She smirked at him seemingly understanding why he looked so fearful. He walked over and hugged her. "How are you feeling?" he asked softly

Adri pulled back from him."I feel fine." she said just as soft. And she looked it as well....while her skin wasn't as tan as Lukas' it wasn't deathly pale like last night. She didn't shiver at all and wasn't cold. Lukas relaxed a lot.

Anonymous

Noira rose and undid the protection spell cast the previous night. She then stood in the sunlight, lifting her hands towards it and bowing.

She turned to the children.
  "Good morning. Let us hope that some of your energy was returned to you whilst you slumbered," she said. "Will you break your fast?"

She pulled a small watering can out of nowhere, filling it from the mini waterfall and pool in the corner. She moved around the room, watering each plant. Once she was done, the can disappeared. She held her hands at her lap, as was her habit, the same serene smile on her face.

Anonymous

Lukas grinned at Noira and pulled away from his siter."Yes I feel much better."

Adri smiled slightly but remained standoffish. Lukas sighed he had known yesterday was to much to ask for.

Adri nodded at the mention of breakfast.'Sounds great."

Anonymous

She smiled, as if bemused by some secret joke. Now was probably a good time to get some things straightened out.
  "It is imperative that you understand that if you are to stay with me, you should abide by some rules. You are permitted to do as you wish so long as it does not harm somebody else. In exchange for doing as you please, I ask only that you follow my words when it is important. I will never tell you what to do unless the need arises."

She opened a small box in one of the drawers, and held out two pins. "You may choose when you wish for my company, and when you wish to be alone. These pins will serve as communication among the three of us. You need only to think of me, and I will receive your message."

Noira always made sure that she was prepared for any situation. She was so absorbed in explaining, that she forgot something rather important. "Oh, my. I cannot believe I almost forgot to tell you.  In Intajiasen culture, each child is bestowed with three names. The first is a name by which strangers may hail you, though family may also use it if they wish. The second name is exclusively for family or close friends, and the third for lovers. You may call me what you wish, now that I have adopted you. You do not have to follow all of the customs of my people if you do not wish," she added gently.

To call someone by their second name indicated that they had earned the other person's trust, and vice versa. The crimson-haired woman understood that trust was difficult to earn, and usually impossible to regain once it had been lost. "I still hope to teach you something in the realm of magic," she sighed.

Anonymous

Lukas grinned nodding slightly as he took one of the pins."I can live by that....thank you." as she explained the three names he nodded again."We have something similiar to that but not as complex. See each one of our names can be shortened...one and then twice. Much like you our full name is used with strangers or those we don't trust.It also serves for when you are in trouble. The first shorten means that the person trusts you.....mine is Luk...and Adrianna's is Adri. The second is left for those that get the closest to you...doesn't have a be a lover though." he paused and then shrugged slightly. "You may call me Luk if you wish...you don't need to though." He looked at Adri and shrugged again.
"As for teaching us magic that would be great....I love to learn from others."

Adri then stepped forward and once again studied Noira for a while. She slowly took the pin and nodded slightly....agreeing with everything her brother said.
She pulled backas if unsure holding the pin in a curled hand. Her eyes were guarded again as if she didn't trust anyone at all. Then after a few minutes she relaxed and nodded slowly muttering something to herself. She then spoke up. "Adrianna is such a long and troublesome name....call me Adri although it would be wise tonever introduce me as that." She stood besides her brother who looked like he had been slapped. Adri had never granted anyone except him the trust of a shorten name...not even her mother.

"As for teaching us...fine...but be prepared to learn in return."

Sister you cease to amaze me

Adri just grinned in reponse.

Anonymous

"Such is the process of gaining wisdom. Teacher imparts knowledge to Student, and Student in turn, imparts knowledge to the teacher. Now, what do you wish to do about breakfast? I do not need to eat, but I do enjoy trying new things."

She closed the small box, and replaced it in the drawer. Standing in the sunlight made her feel refreshed. Though she did not need to replenish her minerals, Noira did feel slightly thirsty.

The calm noble decided to follow custom and refrain from using the offered shortened names until the other party felt comfortable enough to call her Noira, or even the shortened form of her second name, Eva.

Anonymous

Lukas grinned at Noira then looked at Adri. "Well sister? What do you wish to eat?"

Adri looked at her brother questioningly. "Why ask me?"

Lukas slung his arm around her shoulder. "Because it seems to me that you are turning over a new leaf." He grinned at the cliche...then noticed how it applied to the people here.

Adri pulled free from him and snorted. "Unlikely brother I don't change."

Lukas sighed as she walked away going over to her bag adn searching through it for something. He shrugged at Noira. "Well Noira....I think eggs and bacon should be good enough we don't need much."

Anonymous

"The castle serves such things. Though the dining hall is not as crowded as it is during suppertime, there will still be a good amount of people there. If Adrianna is averse to such a crowd, we could always go and fetch such things ourselves," Noira suggested.

She decided that her gown, though beautiful, was a bit too elegant for today. She imagined a crimson cotton bodice and skirt, with a black chemise underneath, and her gown from before transformed itself. She was a little sad that she had to part with the beautiful gown, which now hung in her closet, but she didn't want to wear it too much.

Besides, what need was there for such finery if there was no place to which to wear it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: In case you're interested, here's a link to what Noira's dress transformed into (except it's black instead of white): //http://www.fairemaidencostumes.com/gallery/Fgallery4-8.jpg. Sorry, I like to know what my characters are wearing. :P

Anonymous

Lukas grinned and looked at his siter."Well?"

Adri thought about it then shrugged."It is okay if we go dine with others...not like many would appraoch me anyways...so no fears."

Lukas grinned at his siter. you are more beautiful then you think dear sister....there have been many lined up to talk to you.

Yes I noticed the only problem is that not many have the guts to stay near me after I get a little angry.

Lukas grinned at his sister again and nodded slightly in agreement. Then any that do I deal with

Adri nodded her head slightly and looked at Noira for a few moments...the woman had chaged her gown again. She smiled slightly. "Very nice dress." she said quietly.

Lukas stared at his sister once again then at Noira. "not even two days...that's all we have been here and already between the two of you I have been shocked several times...for some reason I think my life just got more interesting."

Adri just hid her smile as she watched her brother complain. "It could be worse." she suggested.

Lukas looked at her then Noira."How?"

Anonymous

Noira was surprised at the compliment at her downgrade in attire.
  "Thank you," she managed. She smiled to herself as Lukas and Adrianna spoke to one another. She could not help but feel right at home with them.

In her mind, she was taken back to the days when her siblings were much younger, and her expression betrayed her remincing.
"Things can always be worse." She walked over to the door and stepped through it. She then turned to the two still inside the room. "Well?" she asked expectantly.

Though the woman enjoyed a profound conversation that required wit, she had to admit that it would not remedy hunger.

Anonymous

Adri grinned at Noira and walked forward dragging her brother.

Lukas just shook his head."I give up...I think that's one species I will never get to understand...woman!"

Adri choked as she looked back at her brother."Yes but that makes life fun." She let go of his hand and walked besides him eyes looking at everything around her before turning to the book in her hands.

Lukas looked at it and smiled slightly but said nothing. The book had be entrusted to her several years ago when they were still chldren. He was suprise the thing wasn't destroyed yet although he had a sneaking supiscion that Adri's magic had something to do with it...

Anonymous

They walked through the dimly lit hallway towards the great hall where the king and all of his nobles dined. Come to think of it, it had been a long while since she'd bothered at all to be here.

"Sit anywhere you like, and platters will be brought to you. You may choose what you wish." As Noira had said, there were a decent amount of people eating, but it seemed lacking in body. Not that the crimson-clad woman minded. It was the noise that she minded. Most humans were always so noisy.

Anonymous

OOC: Srry it took so long.......

BIC:

Adri smiled and then nodded choosing a table that was nearly empty. Lukas sat down besides her and took out his notes. He started to look them over his brow furrowed in conteraction.

Adri looked at Noira after staring at her brother and shrugged. Sometimes Lukas was just weird.

OOC: That was bad.........o.0

Anonymous

OOC: Don't worry. I'm supposed to be studying for an AP History test tomorrow, but I'll never finish in time ;_;

BIC:

Noira sat down next to Lukas, not really noticing any of the food. She disliked eating meat, and was uncomfortable with eating vegetables. For Cailleach*'s sake, they were technically her brethren! She passed the platter on, not taking anything from it.

"M'lady, would you care for some fruit?" a server asked. Noira looked up at the plate before her.
  "Are those...strawberries?" she asked calmly.
  "Yeah. Would you like to try one?" he asked.

Noira smiled.
  "No. I would prefer a dozen." And they were given to her. If ever Noira showed her true emotions, this was one of those times. She sat with a contented smile upon her face as she ate the red fruit.

*Cailleach = In Celtic myth, she created the earth

Anonymous

Adri smiled as she took some food and started to pick at it. She wasn't all that hungry so she pushed the plate away from her...only to have it pushed back into her face.

"Adri eat more." Lukas said without looking up from his notes. Adri hit his hand which was still on her plate.

"Why don't you eat."

Lukas grinned and stole one of her grapes and ate it. "There happy?"

Adri sighed and muttered something...only the words stupid and boys..being heard clearly.

OOC: Srry it took so long..........

Anonymous

The strawberries had put Noira in quite a happy state. She sensed someone calling her, and did not hide her smile when she pulled out the screen that she had tucked in her sleeve. A very concerned face appeared. Noira spoke in low tones, and the other person answered.

Her smile quickly faded, and she nodded.
 "I shall wait for you at the gate to the castle." And then, the screen went blank. She walked over to the children. "Lukas, Adrianna, you may do as you like. I'm afraid that I am needed, but I will return shortly."

As calm and cool as ever, Noira left the grand hall, and made her way to the castle gate, as promised.

Anonymous

Adri and Lukas nodded. Adri had taken out her book again and Lukas was still writing notes.

Both remained like thise for a good part of an hour.

(Srry that really sucked but I am having a bad day*Sigh*)

Anonymous

When Noira returned, she had a pale and shivering teenage girl with her. The girl's red-brown hair seemed to stick to her face, and the noble sighed.
  "However did you get so sick?" she gently cooed. "Let us get you back upstairs."

They disappeared for a moment, and then Noira came back, a worried look on her face.
"Please forgive me. I was suddenly told she was ill. Her name is Maeve, and she is a fire mage. She will be staying with us temporarily, until she is well again. I am sure that her best friend will also be here to check on her from time to time," Noira explained.

OOC: Aww, I'm sorry. ;_;

Anonymous

Lukas looked up as they walked in his ryrs running over the young girl before flickering to Noira then to his sister.

Adri stared at the girl then looked away Noira seemed to have to deal with a lot of sick people today.

Lukas looked at Noira again as the woman came back. "Is there anything we can do?"

(Iys okay...things are getting better>_<)

Anonymous

It was nice of Lukas to offer, Noira thought.
  "I am afraid all that you can do is be patient with her. She is especially irritable when ill. It was a kind offer," she told them.

Healing the sickly mage could take more than just a day. After all, Noira's powers merely helped the body to get quickly faster. If Kat was there, she would be able to instantly cure Maeve.

If Infinity and Maeve are here, then there is no one to intercept Khja. What is it that you are planning, Ave? she silently questioned. If she wasn't present, there would be much destruction. The Intajiasen could not help but feel as if this situation was being manipulated by some force.

It seemed as things were in Khja's favour...too much.