Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Kataroe's Journal

Started by majortom, October 09, 2016, 04:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

majortom

Date- Hell I dunno, day one? I just got here

So, I woke up today quite literally falling from the sky. I've had some interesting experiences before but that was certainly a first for me. The other times I was brought back from the dead they usually had the courtesy to put me on the ground at least. Hell, had to dig myself out of my own grave once, that was preferable to the sudden shock of falling out of the sky. I usually also ended up in a world that I somewhat remembered, not this time though. I can't say for certain if it is a brand new place or if there has just been a large amount of time pass between my last death and this resurrection.

My memories are still a little fuzzy but are quickly coming back. I remember vividly what happened before I found myself waking up in free fall. There was an explosion maybe, or maybe it was something else. There was a lot of shaking and a lot of bright light and noise. I remember before that point there was panic that the world was ending. There were quite a few of us who had been dead for quite some time that didn't really mind. After all, we were all dead, the world ending should only mean that it would get a little more crowded. Maybe someone did properly send the message that "The world" meant our reality, our universe, our heaven, hell, and everywhere in between. Then again, maybe the gods just decided to hit the reset button and this is where they decided to plop me down in the time line. Who knows.

What I do know is, I fell, barely managed to save myself. Ended up with a bunch of little cuts, the clothes that someone saw fit to put on me before dropping me out of the sky were all ripped up but the time I made it to the ground. Good news is, apparently they managed to do a good job with the body I was outfitted with. Still short, from what I can tell I still look the same, though when I got here I was in terrible need of a hair cut. Magic still works thankfully, without it I would have made a nice little crater. Oh, lets see things that are missing, shoes, don't have any of those, and my weapons. Oh sure I got stuck with similar ones, but they aren't mine. Maybe I can find someone to rip apart space and time and get them for me. The hell I had to go through to get them the first time I'd just assume have them back.

On the upside! I was found rather quickly after my fall. A young woman came into the woods and found me. I think she saw me fall while she was out riding her dragon. Yup, that's right, riding a dragon. From the way she spoke there were more people who rode dragons as well. Oh sure, I'd seen the odd bad guy ride one before, but it certainly wasn't a common occurrence. Now I have to figure out a way to start making some cash. If I'm going to be here I might as well start fitting in right?

Tags: