Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]

Started by DragonSong, November 03, 2016, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Gods." Elora shivered a bit from the chill at such a high altitude, but as she gradually started to settle into the rhythm of flying she found herself able to actually enjoy the view passing by below them.

"How could you ever bear to land?"

DaGlobster

Merradin hmphed. Before he answered her, however, he allowed himself to descend down through the clouds. When they cleared that layer, they were coming over the Thunderblack highlands, and ahead was the Draconi forest.

"I ask myself the same thing all the time," he mused. Once again, they started to glide. He was almost dead silent in the air, like a bird of prey. He could patrol these skies at his whim, for he was an apex predator.

"I came to the conclusion that I need to land because I can't sleep while flying."

DragonSong

She chuckled a bit almost despite herself and watched the approaching forest with fascination. "Well. Thanks for- showing me this, I suppose," she murmured. Without thinking, she leaned forward to pat his neck, as she would have with Calla on a long ride.

Realizing what she was doing, she pulled back quickly with a soft blush. "Uh- ahem. So, where exactly am I supposed to find a courier in this town we're going to?" she asked quickly.

DaGlobster

"No problem," he said. He felt her pat his neck, and while she recoiled and blushed, Merradin smirked to himself, unaware of her bashfulness but sensing the hesitance in her movements.

"You can find a courier by the inns. If we're lucky, there might even be one where we're going."

There was a moment or two of silence before he spoke again.

"You don't have to be so shy, you know. I appreciate neck pats."

DragonSong

"O-oh." Her blush deepened and she cleared her throat. "I figured it was kinda...y'know. Condescending? Which wasn't at all what I was trying to be," she added quickly. "I didn't wanna offend you or anything-"

Elora closed her eyes with a sigh. "I'll just shut up now."

DaGlobster

That elicited proper chuckles from him, and again he looked back at her.

"You're adorable, you know that?" he said teasingly. He turned his head back around to the flight ahead.

"And no touch from you is a bad one, as far as my experience goes."

DragonSong

"You shut up," Elora laughed, swatting lightly at his shoulder. "Don't go saying things like that- I'm a knight of the realm, I've got a reputation to maintain over here."

Her blush went a few shades deeper and her smiled turned a little mischievous as a wickedly playful thought flashed through her mind. "Yet," she added before she lost her nerve. "No touch from me has been bad yet." It was strange to, well, flirt with a dragon, but she barreled through. "Believe me, Lightning Eater, if I set my mind to it I can be positively sinful."

DaGlobster

Another rumble went through him. At her words, a small jolt shot from one of his horns to the other. When he was a human, it was a little easier to suppress those automatic reactions of his.

"My, aren't we feeling brazen..." he purred. He gave his wings a flap to maintain his flight.

"Feeling more confident, now that you know where my weak points are?"

DragonSong

Huh. That was interesting.

Making a note of his reaction and filing it away, Elora smiled slightly. "Maybe a little," she chuckled. Her voice softened a little and she added, "I really do...appreciate what you've done for me, Merradin. I know this playing around is all well and good, but I'm still..." She shrugged, unable to come up with a word for what exactly she was. "Anyway. Thanks for...helping me. With everything."

DaGlobster

He tilted his head a bit to glance back at her, and she'd be able to see that he was smiling.

"You're welcome, Elora," Merradin said.

"And just you wait. You're going to be even better after tonight. A good drink and a dance will do that to you."

DragonSong

She chuckled again and leaned back in the saddle. "Yeah, that has been my experience."

Maybe...maybe she really could learn to feel normal again. If not soon, at least- at least some day.

It was more than she'd believed a day ago.

DaGlobster

Merradin continued to smile to himself as he flew, falling quiet as the peace of the moment just asserted itself. As they approached more civilized land, Merradin flew lower and lower, using the cover of night and his silent gliding to keep them unseen and unheard.

Ahead of them, the lights of a town would start coming into view.

"We're going to be landing soon."

DragonSong

Elora tried not to be too obviously relieved by that. Flying was all well and good- honestly she'd enjoyed most of it- but it was still distinctly not in her comfort zone.

Maybe with a little more practice.

A thought suddenly occurred to her. "Uh, Merradin? What are we gonna do with the saddle while you're human?" It was not by any means a small piece of equipment.

DaGlobster

"We can stow it where we land," he said absently, mostly focused on finding a clearing in the trees to set himself down in. When he found one just a mere mile away from town and a short walk off the road, he started to slow down.

He slowed down to a hover, lowering himself gently until finally, he touched down.

"And here we are."

DragonSong

A gentle touchdown for a creature of Merradin's size still jolted Elora slightly- there was literally no way to avoid it, the ripple of contact just shifted her on his body- but it wasn't too uncomfortable and she found herself breathing a little easier once they were on solid ground.

"Alright then." She unbelted herself from the saddle and slipped down his shoulder to the ground, patting his flank. "Here, hold still so I can get this off you."

She paused, silent a moment, then snorted to herself. "My gods. This is not normally the context I say that in."

DaGlobster

That had Merradin chortling to himself. He was grinning like a bastard even as he turned to face her. The main buckles were near his chest, which he presented to her as he sat down on his haunches.

"Go on then, Ser Knight. Undress me."

DragonSong

She rolled her eyes and started in on the buckles, a little more easily now that she knew how the contraption worked. "I don't think this exactly qualifies as undressing," she noted blithely with a prim little sniff.

DaGlobster

Merradin huffed a little from his nose and settled down, not saying much else as she took the saddle off of him. Patiently, he waited for the saddle to come off. Then, he distanced himself a little from her before becoming enshrouded in storm clouds. In a moment's notice, he was the man she knew. He ran his fingers through his hair a couple of times, and then shot her a smile.

DragonSong

Elora rolled her eyes again, but she was smiling a bit herself. "Alright then, Lightning Eater. How exactly do you plan to show a girl a good time?" She folded her arms over her chest and leaned back into one hip, quirking an eyebrow.

DaGlobster

"Did I not tell you? Regardless, I'll remind you," he said as he walked past her, nearly close enough to brush shoulders as he moved past. He spoke the whole way.

"It involves a couple of fine drinks, a few lively dances... and maybe some more drinks after that? I honestly only had the first two steps planned."

After a few steps, however, he stopped and offered her his hand, looking at her sidelong.

"I know a fantastic little establishment."

Tags: