Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]

Started by DragonSong, November 03, 2016, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Elora laughed again and placed his hands on her hips, swaying gently to the music. "I'm sure you know more dances than I do, but this is the best I've got for the moment," she chuckled with a little half smile, looping her arms around his neck.

DaGlobster

"I don't mind starting a little slow. Don't want to show up the rest of the dancers," he said, and he swayed with her in perfect time. He joined his hands at the small of her back. He held her a little closer, making the dance a little racier but not by too much, and he let out a short purr.

He had just enough brandy in him that he just wanted to relish the closeness to her, rather than do any ostentatious dance moves.

He met her eyes, gazing into the gold, and against his conscious effort his eyes flicked back down to her lips.

DragonSong

Her smile shrank just a bit, lashes lowering towards her cheeks.

"You can," she said without thinking, then cleared her throat, a soft blush dusting her cheeks. "I mean...you seem like you want to. If you, uh, want to kiss me, you can..."

DaGlobster

A little bashfully, Merradin nodded slowly, but didn't kiss her immediately. He let the rest of the tavern melt away, brushing a few strands away from her face and stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"You're just so beautiful," he started, and he dipped in, joining their lips and parting his against hers for a few endless moments before he pulled away. He held her differently, one hand on her hip while the other sought her own hand to lock fingers.

"I just can't help myself," he said with a chuckle.

DragonSong

Elora blushed for what felt like the third time in as many minutes. She felt her heart hammering in her ears, drowning out the noise and light around them until all she could focus on was the man before her. She closed her eyes as he kissed her, lips gliding almost carefully against his.

Gods. Even just a kiss was enough to make her toes curl.

"You are very good at that," she laughed breathlessly as they parted. One hand moved to the small of his back while the other remained lightly on his shoulder.

DaGlobster

"Mm" Merradin responded curtly, and he mirrored how she was holding him, stepping their dance up just a bit as he held her closer and moved a bit faster.

"I don't know what I like more. Actually kissing you, or seeing the color on your cheeks after. You might have to help me decide."

DragonSong

Her blush deepened, but she chuckled a bit and slid her hand from his shoulder to the back of his neck, pulling him toward her just a bit.

"Well, I know which I like more," she murmured, eyes half lidded. "Let me see if I can convince you." She leaned up on her toes for another kiss.

DaGlobster

He was content to let her go at her own pace, reciprocating the kiss for as long as she'd hold it. He purred a bit more, rising up to a level where it'd be audible to the both of them, and she'd be able to feel it in her chest when she held him close.

When they finally pulled apart he had an almost starstruck look in his eyes. It was bizarre for him, feeling this way for a human, but it felt all too natural when their lips touched.

There was something about her that he found magnetic, and it showed with how he gently smiled afterwards, rather than put on his usual smirk or grin.

"You make a good arguement."

DragonSong

Elora laughed softly, just a tad breathless, and crinkled her nose up at him. "Well then, I rest my case," she teased lightly.

The song seemed to be winding down and she glanced toward the bar. "Why don't I grab our drinks? I'll be back in a moment."

DaGlobster

"Go on ahead," Merradin said, and as she did so, he looked about the tavern. He loved to silently observe all of the different people that human society held. Dragons were so predictable to Merradin, but humans?

They always found new ways to amaze him.

And so, while he waited, he swayed to himself, allowing himself to slip away into the atmosphere of the place.

DragonSong

Elora fetched the drinks easily enough, but by the time she turned to go back to Merradin he seemed to have slipped away into the crowd. She rolled her eyes with a wry little smile and set to weaving her way through the clusters of people, glancing around for him.

It really wasn’t much that did it. Someone was too drunk to watch where he was going and bumped into her shoulder, sending her rocking back on her heels and twisting to narrowly avoid smacking into another patron. While the first man slurred apologies, reaching for her shoulder to steady himself, the second caught her around the waist to keep her upright.

And she was trapped, held, back in that awful tent, dread and disgust clawing at her throat. The world tilted sideways, started spinning. Sounds were too loud, scents too strong, light too bright. She started shaking. The drinks she held clattered to the floor, and one man jumped back, yelling as alcohol soaked his boots.

The other kept his grip around her waist, laughing. “Easy now, we ain’t gonna hurtcha, lass.”

Bile rose in her throat and she shoved a ay from him. “G-get off me!”

The stranger reeled back, mumbling something about being unable to take a joke, and Elora felt her feet slipping beaneath her. Dizy and gasping, feeling as though someone had pressed a heavy weight onto her chest, she whirled and staggered for the door, scrambling out into the cooler, open air.

DaGlobster

In the moments leading up to Elora's panic, Merradin was allowing himself to get lost in it all. He could feel the energy in the air, acute senses taking in so much more than a mere human possibly could. He was peering over at a table, observing a pair of drunkards arm wrestle, when Elora's sharp exclamations and the clatter of dropped cups reached him.

He looked to see some bewildered peasant men and a shock of silver fly leave through the door. Without so much as a glance towards the fallen drinks, Merradin stepped past the men and the crowd.

She'd have a solid ten seconds of silence, only broken by the door opening again and Merradin's voice.

"Elora?" He said, voice quiet. He let the door shut behind him, and took a few steps towards her.

DragonSong

One hand pressed to the side wall of the pub, Elora bent nearly double as she wretched quietly. There was nothing left in her stomach, but still her body rebelled, shudders wracking her frame.

She knew Merradin was behind her before he spoke, and it took her several long moments before she managed to answer.

"I-- I'm fine," she whispered, eyes clenched shut. "Just...gimme...a few minutes."

DaGlobster

Merradin had never been able to stomach vomit.

The smell hit his nose, and he couldn't help but feel utterly revulsed. He gave Elora (and himself) a few moments to recover before he stepped forwards, placing a supporting hand on her shoulder, a gentle touch to let her know he was there..

"Come on, let's get you seated down. You didn't get any on you, did you?"

DragonSong

She shook her head, both in answer and in protest. "I-- I can't go back in there," she whispered after a moment. "I'm sorry, I can't."

DaGlobster

"Oh no, not in there," he said.

"Wait here for a moment. Sit down on the steps, I'll be right back."

He left her for a moment, slipping inside for a few seconds. Intercepting a miffed tavern worker cleaning up the spill, he secured one of the metal flagons at the cost of a confused look from the worker and brought it outside. He dumped out whatever was left and moved to rejoin her.

He breathed out over the flagon, his breath taking the form of a small, dark cloud that started to rain into the flagon until it was full of cool water

"Here," he said, holding it out to her.

"Should we go somewhere quieter?

DragonSong

Elora took another breath, glancing up at him. She nodded slowly. "Yes. Please."

Her voice was much smaller than she would have liked. She felt smaller.

She hated it.

DaGlobster

"Let's go for a walk, then," he said, smiling gently. He stood, and offered her his hand and arm if she wanted to walk alongside him. In his other, he had the water, still holding it patiently for her to take.

"Do you want me to get something for the road? I know some nice, scenic places to share a bottle," he  said. His tone was playful.

"Maybe a nice fountain to dance by?"

DragonSong

The knight hesitated a moment, but eventually placed her hand in the crook of his arm. Her breathing was gradually returning to normal, and though sounds and colors still seemed too loud, too bright, that too was slowly starting to fade.

"Yes. Yes, I think that sounds good." She tried for a smile, and thought she almost managed it.

DaGlobster

"Of course," Merradin said. When she took him by the arm, he glanced down. After a moment's thought, he shifted his hand around so he could squeeze hers, and he leaned in and gave her a kiss on the side of the head.

"You're all right. I'll be right back," he said, and he stepped inside for a moment. He decided against something too hard (he had to fly them home after the night was through!) so he got the classiest bottle of wine the place had. Essyrni, based on the markings on the bottle.

He found it to be deviously sweet and easy to drink. Satisfied, he stepped back outside, and rejoined Elora. He gave her a fuller smile when he saw her, and held his hand out to her. He held the bottle up invitingly.

"Come, then, Ser Braun. The night is still young, and we younger still."