Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pixie Queendom!!!

Started by DragonSong, November 05, 2016, 08:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Hey guys!!

So, I have a character in the works (hopefully she will be posted shortly), and I'm planning for her to be a princess. Of a pixie kingdom in the Niahi Woods :3

It's not gonna be it's own country or anything, but I thought it might be fun to have an event thread to talk about it, in case people are interested in this sort of thing.

I'll have my first character up soon and post a link here!

Hugs,
DS

UPDATE!

This is an update a long time coming, but here you can see the characters already listed under Dreamhaven ^.^

Bunbun

Sounds cool. I think I'd probably be interested in something like this.

DragonSong

Alright, here is Krysta.

Check her out, and if you're interested in having a character for this little kingdom post here! I'll answer what questions I can, but I'm sort of working out the details as I go along haha.

Hopefully soonish I will have a post with like general guidelines, if people would be interested in that.

Bunbun

okay, sorry in advance if I end up asking like nine million questions

So, is the ability to "shape shift" (or at least change size) pretty rare among the species? Also, are certain types of magic more prevalent than others? (For example, would the use of glamour be common?)

DragonSong

Ask away!

So in my head, the more powerful a pixie's magic is, the easier it is for them to change size/they can hold it longer.

HOWEVER: actual shapeshifting (into things like a bird or a rabbit or something) isn't common, but it is known of. So there's that too.

As for types of magic- elemental, fae, anything that falls in that category. Nature magic. So yeah, glamour would be fine. Just not like, necromancy or something. (I mean, you could if you wanted to, but that pixie would probably be a pariah.)

Medievarad

and what is more fun than making an edgy special snowflake pariah?
Bad HK. You stopped making edgy toons a while ago.

All joking aside, I'd love to see this develop. You already stated you'll post guidelines for that, but regardless.

What would you have in mind? Which roles would have to be filled? Because this does look like an awesome idea ^^

I'd be able to fill in any role that's needed. Be it from a tailor, to a gaurd tl a grumpy old pixie of a mage.

DragonSong

Okay, here's some basic info- again, feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer:

The governing system is the royal family, the regents, and basically the military below them. The royal family is Krysta and her parents, but they have lots of cousins and second cousins and stuff, so it's not a big deal that she'd currently the only heir.

Pixie can look however you like- Krysta has silver hair because she's royal, that's the mark of the ruling bloodline, but that's about it.

They'd live as long as the forest lives, but they can choose to "fade" when they're older if they get tired and just sorta wanna rest. This means they basically just become less and less corporeal until they actually become one with the magic of the forest. They age the way humans do until they're like 20/25, then aging slows down drastically.

Average hieght if between 7 and 8 inches. Krysta is short.

Medievarad

Ooh. Intruiging.

I'm thinking/leaning towards two types of characters now.

Your average, which I'm known for, warrior/gaurd. I'd imagine going for either maroon or black on this type of character.

OR

A rainbow coloured pixie that's an elementalist, element following their main colour. Red is fire, green is nature/healing, blue is water and ice etc. etc.

I can do either. I can do both aswell, but regardless, another thing I'd ask in case of the second character. Would they be some kind of 'court mage' or advisor or something?

DragonSong

Do whatever you want! I want this to be open for pretty much anything.

As for a mage, pretty much all pixies can do magic, so I'm not sure how needed one would be on the court, but feel free to create another member of the court.

Medievarad

Hmm. Fair.

What positions would be in the court?

DragonSong

Pretty much whatever you want/whatever would be in a "normal" kingdom. There's no limit or anything.

Medievarad

Got'cha, I'll send you a pm with the character I decided on ^^

DragonSong

Hey, y'all!

Bumping this topic for funsies, but also because I kinda want to pimp out Krysta!!

Notable- Krysta is not exclusively threading with pixies ^.^

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Ooh! I have a runaway pixie prince if you were interested! He's probably from a different kingdom though, since I made up my own pixie royal court for his backstory.

DragonSong

I mean that'll work! He won't really be added to the "Dreamhaven" page though, since it's for characters associated with that specific queendom.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

I could always change his history. I've never threaded as him before, so it wouldn't cause any inconsistencies. He could also be from a rival kingdom, that could be neat too.

As long as I can keep him as a goofy wannabe mercenary, I'm happy.

DragonSong

@Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hey, I don't wanna stomp anyone creativity ^.^ Feel free to change him a bit, or keep him as is!

The only thing I'd say is if he's still gonna be a prince, he can't be from the Dreamhaven royal family; Krysta is currently the only royal heir, no siblings.

Although... If you wanted to go for the whole "rival kingdom" thing, while he wouldn't be registered in Dreamhaven, it might be really fun to see him and Krysta interact :3

quaggan

I think it's such a lovely idea! If this court is still around, I could make a minstrel/bard to entertain everyone!

DragonSong

Sure, go for it! Just post here or send me a PM when you have something up and I can add them in ^.^

Tags: