Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Monkey King & His Handler

Started by AevumEternity, November 13, 2016, 05:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Tharyx sighed under her breath, adjusting the massive shield on his back painted the emerald and ebony colors of the kingdom, his thumb idly rubbing the black leather upon the hilt of his saber. Her pursed his lips, narrowing his eyes against the fog of the early morning- watching steam curl upward and dissolve into the blue-grey of the dawn.
Except for the occasional, echoing steps of hooves against the cobblestone, the capital was quiet- after all. It was an unholy hour to say the least- and freezing at that. Narrowing his blue eyes, he sighed, knocking loudly against the wooden door of the tiny apartment once more," Hey! C'mon we're gonna be late!" He whisper-yelled through the door. Being a Mage handler was like being a glorified baby sitter for the criminally insane- but hey... Who could complain when it was your best friend?
Running a hand through his ginger locks, he smiled faintly- idiot- he was probably fluffing his tail or something. Wonder what excuse his charge would come up with today?

Medievarad

But, Sura wasn't present in his apartement. The so-called monkey king felt antsy. After all, it had been a too long since he was sent out in the field. Two days to be correct. So way too long.

However, as he saw Thranyx standing there, a soft smirk appeared on his face and he crept up on the mordecai, folding his hands behind his back. "The guy's late again, huh?" He asked while chewing on a piece of dried meat. "Then again, who'd be sent out on this dreadful hour in this cold," Sura glanced down at his revealed chest and stomach, shrugging softly. "At least I'm wearing a vest." He mused as his blonde monkey tail flicked around.

AevumEternity

Nearly jumping out of the leather armor, Tharyx exhaled heavily, huffing," Dammit Sura-" he rests his forehead against the door, wincing slightly. Awesome- pretty sure he put a splinter in his face with that trick. Turning on his heel, her eyes his companion's bare chest for a moment before smirking," Well, at least my chest is covered- I'll never understand how you do-" he motions toward the lack of clothing before chuckling.
" Whatever, c'mon- or else we'll miss... I'll miss breakfast and you'll miss your training session with ol' grumpy-sirrah."

Medievarad

Sura glanced at Thranyx as he jumped and almost rammed his head through the door. Well. That's how he was planning on telling the others.

When his handler made the remark on how he could tolerate the cold like this, Sura gave one of his trademark smug grins and raised his hand, wriggling his fingers to create sparks arcing between them. "Magic," he whispered so profoundly, before clenching his fist shut and turning around. "Then let's go!" He chirped, resting his hands in his neck, tail swaying idly as he began walking. "Why'd you set me up for training, though? I'm amazing."

AevumEternity

Quicly raising his gloved hand, he grasped Sura's sparking hand- though he was in training- he managed to nullify the sparks just enough- looking concerned," Because if you keep pulling pranks, the Grand Master is going to stick your tail down your own throat, and I'm going to have to live with that." He sighs vaguely but smiles weakly," Besides, You'll have to learn to fight without magic someday, I can't always protect you and you can't always use your abilities."
Squeezing his friend's fingertips, he released him, Tharyx dropped his hand to his side, already moving into the street," C'mon, Sura- you pompous tree ape."

Medievarad

"The grandmaster?" Sura could almost feel a shiver down his spine. "Whenever he's near, it's like I can't breathe." He added quietly, eyes darting around. At least they were allne. No scary grandmaster in the vicinity.

"Well," he snorted softly. "I'll just find a stick and beat the shit out of them," he answered. And there was truth to this statement. As Thranyx may've heard from Sura's trainer, the half monkey was a natural with a quarterstaff. Granted he waswas still an amateur, Sura could make quite some nasty blows.

The electromancer followed his handler with an irritated sigh. "That's mister pompous tree ape to you."

AevumEternity

Furrowing his brow in concern, he remained silent whilst his companion expressed his fear- It was true... The Grandmaster was a fearsome man. Not one Tharyx would like to cross, yet- maybe. As he moved through the streets with ease, armor hissing against itself, he cracked a wry smile," Sorry- I meant Lady Pompous Tree ape," snickering under his breath as if he was the most hilarious Mordecai in the world.

Weaving through the side streets, they eventually made it to the training grounds, soldiers already gathering in sleepy platoons to begin the training for the day. It was hard to say what duchy they belonged to.
Musing faintly, Tharyx glanced back at his companion- as if trying to gouge his reaction- usually when they trained, the grounds were ghostly quiet... But today..

Medievarad

"Oi," Sura snorted assoftly he stopped momentarily. "Don't make me smack that grin off of your face, Thranyx," he warned, falling in step with his mordecai handler, tail flicking at the back of his head. "Because II swear I'll cram this tail down your throat."

Sura glanced at the training fields, then at Thranyx who happened to glance at him. "What?" The half monkey asked, shrugging slowly. "You're my handler, I make you look ridiculous."

AevumEternity

Snorting, he rolls his eyes playfully as the near a low building, muttering 'kinky' under his breath- winking at his companion. Tharyx approached a weapon rack mounted upon the stone wall, glancing back at Sura," Grab your staff, we'll start sparring as soon as possible-"

He knew he pushed Sura hard, he knew his friend likely resented this obvious attempt to get him to rely on his natural- no- non-magical abilities. But each day, the air of the Capital grew more hostile toward magic users, it was surprising his companion had not been assaulted in the street. It was worse, the air thick with tension. Tharyx's brow furrowed unconsciously as these thoughts invaded his mind~

Medievarad

As Sura got the wink, he arched an eyebrow and snorted softly. "Right. How could I forget? You're creepy." He smirked. "A mistake I'm never making again."

Sura walked over to the rack before he was suddenly shoved off of his feet, pulling the staff along as he hit the ground. Momentarily, he gave Thranyx a foul glare, before thrusting the staff up, one hand pushing it on the end, aiming to slam it against his chest to push the mordecai away, jumping to his feet.

AevumEternity

Opening his mouth to hoot back a report, instead a grunt burst from his lips. The staff landing squarely in the center of his chestpiece, causing the mordecai in training to stumble back a few steps- much to his chagrin several others nearby burst out laughing. The tips of his ears turned pink, but thankfully it was still dim enough for it to be unnoticeable.

Tharyx regained his footing, planting his feet firmly before swiftly strapping the shield upon his arm, the sword seeming to leap to his hand. Bringing the shield forward defensively, he smirks," Cheap but good-"

Medievarad

Sura jumped to his feet, circling the staff in his hand before attaining pose, the front of the staff hovering inches above the floor. "Just like your mother," Sura replied with another softsoft snicker. Knowing full well how his handler would react to this.

Because a fight was not solemnly physical. Something he had learned quickly under the mordecai.