Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Imperium de Dis (Open)

Started by AevumEternity, November 15, 2016, 06:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Lady Hakon Kilandre ran her fingers over the soft nose of her prized charger, Purgatorio. They stood in the early morning mist of early dawn. Whilst the city was dyed blue-grey and the sun had yet to grow harsh enough to burn away any mist. The courtyard in which the pair stood was of white marble, white stone- much like the rest of the capital- but this was merely one of the more glorious of training grounds within the capital. If one looked about more, they would notice the stones upon the ground having been beaten, chipped and cracked be heavy hooves- one of the more ancient training grounds within the capital.

There they stood, the young woman cupped the large stallion's head in her hands, the beast itself having lowered its neck to allow to lavish such affections upon its- her lips moving quickly, as if whispering prayer to her prized steed.
Her fingers curled in loose fists upon Purgatorio's cheeks, the horse's ears flickering to and fro, suddenly focusing upon his rider completely- snorting and shifting his large weight. the saddle upon his back creaking faintly, the leather straining as he took a deep breath- great lungs filling with air. It brought a smile to Lady Hakon's lips, her hand pushing a platinum lock behind her ear- what a powerful creature...

A sound suddenly shook the woman from her admiring stupor- causing her to look around the mist cautiously- it was too thick to see far.

Gawfy

Janne had wandered all over Connlaoth Looking for his man. After Hitting up a few slums and other unsavory Places he Got his lead that a Mage was being held under the Authority of the Kilandre Family. He had made his way to the capital and finally found where the officer was residing. The Guards did not inquire when he asked Where the acting head of the Kilandre was after seeing the churches crest on his torso. He was instructed to Head to the Training grounds to meet her. But in this think fog He couldn't see much. He Could begin to Make out a silhouette so he moved to investigate.

AevumEternity

Straightening, Hakon regains her composure, seizing Purgatorio's reigns before mounting the large horse bare back. If someone was to disturb her, they would see her in her most intimidating state," Here. Stranger." She calls out, her voice was gravely and low- gaze searching the mist as the large charger straightened his neck, ears flickering about before focusing upon a point.

Noting her steed's attention, the noble woman rested a hand upon the scimitar at her hip, the sheathe digging into the lightly armored leggings she wore. Her attire consisted of light armor made of hardened and reinforced leather dyed black- rough linen tunic lay beneath the form fitting under bust, her shoulders remaining bare as always- light white scars drawing patterns across the dark skin. Maybe she was not as intimidating as in full armor- but her hawk eye glare would soon change that.

Gawfy

Janne heard someone call out to him. Janne noticed and walked towards her. He walked relaxed, and carried with him a flask, visible on his tool belt.He wandered to The exact opposite of himself. A woman so Serious Janne questioned if she had the ability to smile. As she came into sight he saw her in the middle of training and asked. Working hard or Hardly working? Janne Later realized This might not be the best thing to say to a head of a Noble line but he already uttered it so he didn't linger on it. He stopped walking when he was about three feet away from her. He Didn't like her horse too much. He always got bit when he tried to Get near the ones in his village.

AevumEternity

Her eyes narrowed to near slits, glare deepening as the massive war horse shifted beneath her- glaring at the man in its own way.
" If you've come with buisness, state it, sirrah," she pushed back her shoulder length locks behind her shoulders, one of her nails lightly- but notably- tapping the hilt of her saber impatiently. Rumor had it the Lady of Kilandre was rather unmerciful when it came down to insubordination...

Gawfy

Janne put both of his hands in front of him. Whoa no need to be Grabbn at your sword there. Janne said as he Waved his hand dismissively. Im looking for the head of the house of Kilandre family. Guards didn't state a name when they let me in Janne said as he remember the Guards laughing when he said needed to see the head of the house and pointed in the direction of the Courtyard. Could you point me in the direction i need to go?

AevumEternity

Sighing with disgust, the young woman idly motioned to herself, stating flatly," You need go no further, stranger." Beneath her, the massive horse shifted impatiently, tossing his large head with a snort as he sensed his rider's annoyance.

In truth, she disliked the capital to a certain extent. Because her small lands valued person over gender, when she arrived in other settings, she would be shunned by other women and men- only being acknowledged when buisness came about or they realized her worth was much more then originally judged.

Gawfy

Janne bowed when she said she was the lord, after all he did have some tact. My Name is Janne. He said as he showed his necklace. As he did this His Crest on his chest lit up. He also dug out his papers he got when he left from the church and handed them to her. Im here on church business He did not like getting near the horse to show her the papers and necklace. He then casually took his flask and took off the lower part of his visor so he could take a drink. Dispite his Attitude he Held a Reletively high position in the church.

AevumEternity

Guiding the large charger closer, the beast towering over him rather intimidatingly, she leaned downward- slipping the papers from his hands and looking over them with a furrowed brow, her face slowly relaxing to a slightly confused look,"... I see- and what would the Church require of me to send an emissary?" her eyes scanned the words- but it made no sense. A Mage? Under her care? For God's sake she could barely keep her small holding from the brink of starvation- why would they want a Mage to babysit?

Gawfy

I got word that You did combat with a mage with strange abilities, I heard you had captured him , Im here to see if its the man i am looking for. Janne said as she handed the papers back. Help me and i can help you. Im sure your house Needs somthing at the moment no?While Janne was representing the church he was here purely on personal Business. He Just got the Okay from the Heads of the church to do his own thing.

AevumEternity

Hakon's gaze flickers slightly, sighing faintly and tilting her head, causing several strands of silken platinum hair to slide over her eyes," I am afraid you'll be sorely disappointed- he attempted to capture some of my precious Theocog-" her hands lightly patting the neck of the large warhorse beneath her, Purgatorio turned his massive head, lowering his face to huff against the papers- scenting them so it seemed.
" My people and I don't take kindly to that, these are our livelihood- so I had him tortured and killed, his remains are being prepared for cremation, if you would like to see him before he becomes ashes?"

Gawfy

Janne sighed and shook his head. I guess so, but isnt a tad bit overkill to  torture a man over a horse? He asked as he donned a confused look on his face

AevumEternity

The Lady Kilandre simply smirked, musing softly," Not just any horse, sirrah- Theocog, God's Horse. Come." lightly tapping her left knee against the Purgatorio's muscled flank, the large steed pulled its attention away from the papers, beginning to plod across the yard at a slow pace- even so, it would take a rather brisk jog to keep up.

Gawfy

Janne jogged beside the horse as he thought to himself, Ive read that Testament well over 100 times, And god never rode any horses. As he was jogging he noticed some other people trading blows with wooden Swords. So Lady Kilandre where you training out here when i showed up?

AevumEternity

Sighing in annoyance, she mutters," You clergyman take things so literally, it surprises me you do not follow every metaphor within the Testament to a T," casting him a tilted eyebrow, the Lady continues," Theocog are the rarest breeds of horses within the known world- raised by my family and mine alone for generations. Perhaps if you plan on purchasing one, or visit my humble homestead, you will see why- for now, simply observe my prize- Purgatorio-" reaching down, she pats the massive stallion's thick neck, slapping sound ringing out.

Purgatorio snorts roughly in response, ears flickering briefly backwards, seemjng to acknowledge its name with a proud toss of his head.

Gawfy

I must imagine they are expensive. Janne said as he watched the the Horse. So where you out here honing your skill? I must imagine you cant have that much time to train being a lord and Raising horses He asked as he Looked at her armor and weapons.

AevumEternity

This time, she hesitated before answering, choosing her words carefully," I was enjoying a moment of peace before the training and so on began for the day- as you said, I do not have much time. Small moments of tranquility are a luxury. But it had to be shattered somehow." She chuckles dryly as they reach a low building that made up the training yard's wall. Smoothly dismounting, adjusting her underbust for a moment, she simply left the massive horse where it stood. The white beast seeming quite content to simply wait patiently- glancing back at Janne as if expecting him to follow his master.

Gawfy

Janne Looked at the Horse for a minute before it noticed its head that Lady Kilandre was walking off with out him. He Caught up to her and followed her closely. The Guards they passed always saluted her when they passed. So what events are Occurring in house Kilandre these days? He asked as they made their way to the morgue

AevumEternity

As they moved through the cooridors, the Lady looked back with a bitter smile," What does the church care about an impoverished 'lesser' Noble family?" She returns with a dry chuckle. Vaguely surprised at how the guards saluted her as they passed, though she did catch the occasional extra long stare- a small smirk curling her thin lips before she snorts and focuses upont heir path.

Gawfy

I dont know what the Figure heads of the church think, But they Didnt ask you. I did because im curious. Im Taking it that you are not on good terms with the Church He asked as they walked through the halls.