Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crimson Blades and Aqua Skies (Open)

Started by Morgan Droud, October 09, 2016, 09:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan Droud

"Well, I don't think there's much we can do but wait."

Eden lay on another one of the beds, and closed her eyes.

"At least there's probably no one here who want to kill us."

Gawfy

Well it was certainly true that they where safe but Janne did not want to stick around.  Being in a locked room with only a window to get out was not ideal. That man said he had been watching them. For how long though? Janne hoped he didnt See what happened in the Inn. 
Well you found the man you where looking for, what now.He asked as he layed back in the bed.

Tacocat86

Desmond felt it was good to be back in his homeland after so long away. His mind blanked on what he might have been away for, but he just assumed it was a job. Now back in Connlaoth, the first thing that happened was that he got himself another job, in Reajh no less! The men wearing silver said something about a mage, which instantly alerted him that this may be a challenge, yet he felt it would be worse than he thought. He had seen a silver knight head up into a building, then a bit later he noticed a group leaving the building, two men and the woman he had been contracted to kill. He followed them outside of the city, taking his time behind them and remaining inconspicuous. His eyes widened as he saw the portal take the contract and one of the men to an unknown location. Furious, he approached the man who remained, and began to draw his red blade.

Morgan Droud

[I EXPLICITLY STATED IN THE DESCRIPTION THAT UNDER HIS CLOAK, ESDERAND LOOKS LIKE A GIRL! WHY DOES NO ONE READ IT!?]

After sending off Janne and Eden, Esderand was more than ready to get back to his whole reason for leaving the Tower, but a glint of red out of the corner of his eye and after looking over, he felt a disturbing reaction from the blade it carried. Wary, he quickly stowed the Reliquary in exchange for a strong wooden staff. Conjuring an orb of flame at the end, he threw it at the approaching figure.

Tacocat86

(OOC: My sincerest apologies Morgan, I must've skimmed over that particular nugget of info, my bad, I can edit the post if you wish)

The blade moved in a flourish, and the orb appeared to be sucked into the blade, Desmond sighed and put his hand on the long-sword resting at his hip. "Would you like a fighting chance, or would you rather I simply kill you outright" His gaze was cold, and his stance showed that he was ready for anything. He stayed a good distance away. He was more a reactive fighter than a proactive one.

Morgan Droud

[It's fine, it just annoys me a little.]

"That's a nice blade you've got there."

He was trying not to show it, but Esderand was quite worried. The only method of combat he knew was Magic, and this man held a counter to it. This could set me back a while, I'll have to think about the schedule a little more.

Backing away, he cast his most simple spell, stopping time for a matter of seconds, and commanded the earth beneath the man's feet to fall, in hopes of entrapping him.

Tacocat86

Well nuts, one second the ground was there, real as it could be, the next second it had gone. Desmond fell down into the hole, but before he could land in it, he stabbed his sword into the side of the earth and began to swing himself until he had enough momentum to heft himself back up onto steady land. He then swung up with all of his strength and landed back onto land. He pointed his sword at the mage. "Do not. Do that. Again. Very annoying."

Morgan Droud

Well, it works, I guess. The spell had worked exactly as he wanted, but his opponent apparently held some inhuman skills, as he easily escaped. But at lease now he knew this swordsman couldn't block indirect magics, so he had a chance of winning.

Preparing his next spell, a seal set upon time in a limited area, he closely watched the man, trying to stay aware of any incoming attacks.

Gawfy

"Eden" Janne said. No response. Seems like she fell asleep, Janne wandered Over to the Door and tried to open it again. Still locked. He looked behind him and Broke the Lock on the door and walked out. Janne heard men running toward the Sound of the breaking metal and Ran down the hall. Keeping a safe distance away he watched as two men ran into the room. They left a few minutes after They saw Eden and closed the door. Seems like That woman Did not tell her sentry s about me tagging along through the portal. Janne began to cautiously explore the Tower.

Tacocat86

In a single fluid motion, Desmond pulled a dagger from his boot, hurled it at the mage, and ducked one way and approached in a quick dash while simultaneously thrusting his blade forward. He was aiming for the shoulder with the dagger, and moved his blade so it should hit the other shoulder, It looked as if he needed use of his arms to cast spells, Desmond would try to prevent that. If that meant making it so he could never use his arms again, then so be it.

Morgan Droud

"Ah!"

As he leaped back, Esderand's hand was unconsciously drawn the the small knife sticking out of his shoulder. He had been lucky to dodge the second strike, but his reaction wasn't fast enough on the first.

Cursing in his mind, he stepped back and stabbed his staff into the ground, surrounding himself with a barrier. The "wall" of the barrier was a space frozen in time, preventing anything from passing, no matter how powerful the force, or how small the object. He had modified the spell a little to leave a few points open, but none of them were big enough to fit weapons through.

Tacocat86

Seeing the mage cast a spell Desmond readied himself for the worse. After nothing happened to him, he laughed and thrust his sword into the wall, it stuck fast, and Desmond frowned. "I'll bite, what the hell is this?" He tugged at the sword to no avail. He then let go of the sword, only to see it stay in the air. 'Well...' He thought to himself, 'This is new.'

Morgan Droud

"Phew. Not doing that again."

Esderand watched the swordsman on the other side of the barrier. Their prior exchange of spells and blades had decolved into a staring contest, following the formation of his barrier. With his opponents sword stuck, and his own magic depleted, there's wasn't much else they could do.

"Damn."

He muttered as he slumped against the staff. This spell took a lot out of him, and he doubted he'd be able to fend off even a normal warrior as he was now.

Tacocat86

A sudden idea popped into Desmond's head, and he kneeled down and scooped up a handful of dirt. He began to sides step along the edge of the barrier while sprinkling dirt into it in order to map its border. The entire time, he kept his eyes on the mage, and his hand on the hilt of a polished iron longsword at his hip. "You know, I'm not after you. Lead me to the others, and I will let you live."

Morgan Droud

"Oh really? A Conlaothian willing to let a mage go free?"

He let out a dry laugh as he held the staff, the only thing beeping him safe as of now.

"I hope you understand if I can't believe something like that."