Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hatred, Forever Burning [Open]

Started by Marakai Trin, December 03, 2016, 03:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

Sensing the sudden displacement of air behind him, feeling the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end from the coming surge of electricity, Kranath knew. With a slight twist, he positioned himself in a way that caused Acacius' spear to strike his wakizashi instead.

The tip if the incoming spear pierced through the wooden sheath of the shorter blade, making a sharp impact that sent Kranath flying forward.

Kranath was focusing, now, actually tuning out the dark whispers from within his mind, tuning out all but the quiet whispers of his blade travelling through the air, beginning to hear the quiet tinkling of individual grains of sand coming to rest on the ground. He felt nothing. He heard nothing. He thought nothing. The mind of the assassin, unhindered by his thoughts of madness, the thoughts of his ultimate goal.

This was real. More real than the fight of two raging dragons that had proven to be his demise all that time before. This was a fight for his new chance at life. And he wasn't about to die a second time.

So. He sped up. Or everything else slowed down - a warped sense of extreme, adrenaline-fueled perception made it impossible to tell.

The assassin used the momentum from the spear, along with his slight twist, to continue his turn
One hand reached back with an unseen speed to grab his kodachi, his third crystalline blade, and send it speeding toward the dragon slayer in a single fluid movement. With dilated perception, he was able to see the air parting before the tip of the blade.

Coming to a stop half an instant after sending the eight-inch blade flying toward his opponent, he followed through with a slash aimed for the head of Acacius' spear, an attempt at a sundering strike, or at the very least, leave the other's next strike unbalanced. Eyes glowing red but unfeeling, he had to wait for his strikes to be completed.

Medievarad

As everything, to Kranath's perception, seemed to slow down. Even Acacius seemed to be slowed in his perception, the blade flew right for his chest. It would pierce him and kill him immediately.

Yet, it didn't. A loud clang resounded as the blade slammed down in the floor, Acacius holding his spear to the sound, facing Kranath face to face. The lightning sparked around his hand. It seemed, even in Kranath's perception of time, Acacius could even then easily outrun, outmaneuver and out position him.

The strike to throw him off balance was met with an easy sidestep, he flicked the spear in his hand and aimed to drive the blunt end into Kranath's gut. If the blow had connected, it'd be enough to wind him and knock him off of his feet.

Marakai Trin

Though Acacius remained the faster of the two, Kranath was still able to perceive the flash of light, a reflection of the moon on the haft of the slayer's spear. His left hand released the handle of his daikatana as he stepped aside quickly, that same hand coming to wrap around the gleaming metal of the others weapon, instantly applying force to pull it further past its intended target. With his right, and following the force of his pull, he twisted to aim an elbow at the others back.

(Sorry, short, little busy atm)

Medievarad

Lightning sparked and another massive surge of lightning traveled through the spear as Kranath grasped the weapon. If the spark had as much as touched him, it'd lock down his muscles due to the current traveling through Kranath's body.

And if Kranath decided to pursue his course, the man's fist would tightly clasp around the spear due to the electricity, allowing Acacius to duck under the elbow, pick up the dropped daikatana, and aim a stab through Kranath's gut.

Marakai Trin

Kranath took the shock, and even through the pain he could feel his muscles spasming, rapidly clenching and unclenching again.

An instant later, almost unimaginable pain as he was impaled, again, through the stomach with his own sword. He pushed through the locking of his muscles, tearing away from the spear. He almost knew that was a mistake, but it was a gamble he was willing to risk.

And so, he stumbled away, his body pouring a black mist from the healing of his scorched insides and the reoccurring hole in his guts. He was beginning to get annoyed - he was now down two weapons, was beginning to get sore from the repeated hits, and he wasn't sure how much more his body could take.

But at the same time, he was learning.

He straightened himself, and withdrew his wakizashi from its sheath at his back, glaring daggers at Acacius. When he spoke, his voice was still strong, but devoid of the darkness that had laced it before.

"...an honorable man would return ones weapons when they were done with them." He lifted his black bladed sword, gesturing toward his katana. "I'll expect that back."

Medievarad

Again, his foe spoke. Again, his foe was under the illusion that he still could speak.

Acacius wouldn't even allow him to state the second word, instead, he surged forward once more. And even in Kranath's heightened awareness, he'd be nothing but a gold blur. And no lightning struck.

Yet at one moment, which seemed to be almost instantly after Acacius charged forward, kicking up sand with the force, he was in front of Kranath, blade extended and aiming to pierce through his chest as he passed.

And as he hit the strike with the daikatana, he'd leave it implanted in Kranath's chest. Allowing himself to momentarily take a breather, lightning surging and sparking around him, now positioned behind Kranath.

Marakai Trin

With a smooth motion, leaving behind shadowy tendrils almost like an afterimage, Kranath smoothly stepped to one side, taking the 'offered' blade in one hand even while it remained in the others grip, his own hand loose and following it's path even as the blade sunk into the dark mass he left behind.

As he expected, Acacius was then behind him. When Kranath whirled around to face him, daikatana in one hand and wakizashi in the other, his eyes were once again a stark black. As he turned, slashing with both weapons, one could see an aura of black surrounding both blades as he channeled the energy of pure shadow, an arch of negative power flinging off the blade in the slayer's direction.

Medievarad

Yet, his turning around was too late, a massive arc of energy surged around Acacius as he walked forward, into the energy that seemed to enrapture him.

It was in that moment, a fraction of a second, that Kranath could make out the sound of a dragon wailing, before a woman's screaming.

It was at that same moment the ground underneath him exploded in a torrent of energy, a torrent of crimson lightning, aiming to severely wound and paralyze him.

The arcs of energy sent his way dissipated, lightning crackling infront of them. "Understand this," Acacius started. "You are outmatched, dragon. Lay down and die."

Marakai Trin

When the dust from the explosion cleared, all that was present at the site was a small plane of glass, the sand flash burned by the sudden heat. But no trace of Kranath was to be found. Acacius spoke to dead air, and swirling dust.

Some distance away, the dragon assassin knelt slightly, the ends of his long-coat singed.

"So. He can speak. I'd started thinking you'd forgotten how," he said, his voice low. He stood up, looking down on Acacius from up the slight hill.

"Indeed, I am outmatched. Due to resurrection, or my Lady's lost favor, I know not." He walked, keeping his eyes trained on the slayer, towards his kodachi.

"But I won't lay down, not to you. Not now. I'll be back, after I recover, after my true strength returns, and then there will be a reckoning."

He bent down, eyes still trained on the other, and picked up his kodachi, sliding it into place above his wakizashi.

"Until then...I bid you farewell. Seek another to fight, but don't you dare die. Your death will be my first conquest."

His entire form then turned jet black, wavering slightly as the sun began to crest the horizon. Then a formless shadow, his man-shaped outline raced across the sand, and vanished.

Medievarad

Acacius let out a tired huff. "Like all pests, you dragons are pesky and stubborn," he answered, cutting Kranath off in the middle of his sentence. "Like insects you live, like insects, I will squash you all."

Acacius rested his spear in his hand. The distance was too large to close, he didn't want to release the full brunt of his power yet. His mind racing for other ways to approach. Yet, it seemed the solution presented itself by his foe turning tail and fleeing the scene.

Glancing over at Nasrin, and by extension, Griselda, he'd let out a soft breath. "Are you two alright?"

Tags: