Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

of all Kilanthro Killers (closed group, pm first)

Started by Hiya, February 09, 2017, 02:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiya

Victory was theirs. It was only the twenty-seventh time in a row.

Making their way up through the discrete path in the mountain, the leader and his second in command were welcomed along with the rest of them. They were all bloodied from the battle. With minor injuries, the trapped raiders had brought much to sustain them for another few weeks.

"That was ours. The next one will be ours," Keali'i stated as he continued to climb the ridge. His large, husky frame of nigh six feet moved about as easily as the figure a foot shorter than him. His lare feet displaced stones on the incline with ease. The sun was high above them, making the blood on his face warm. It was comforting. Especially since it wasn't his. "That valley can be your own, Kett. My men will not remain."

The shorter one beside him lifted their bloodied visor. The red and gold of their outfit clashed dramatically to him. It was too much, in his opinion. That didn't keep Kett from existing, "And that's where your foolish." Theyhissed, "Attack now when you men still hunger blood! Why cool their battle high when we are so close of winning this!"

Keali'i  stopped suddenly. "Because we need Patience!" He turned on the smaller one, fierce as he would an equal in size. "You are too impatient. Too naïve. Too new to see before your eyes. They are our food. We have them scared. We do not need their cursed castle to get by." His glare stayed on their burning eyes. "Tomorrow we will go and make our demands. You nearly killed their King - I'll give you that.  Know your place before you are given one, Kett."

"We are giving them a chance to regroup." They frowned, "Their king has now had a taste of death, if he's anything like a leader this could be dangerous to us." Kett glared back a moment,  before closing their visor and looking away.

He made a growl before turning forward and moving along. "You know nothing in this. We have taken their numbers down three months now. Their number have fallen, but not like this."

The pair continued for a while in silence before he stopped stopped on one of the many ridges, they could see said ghouls. Mindless creatures who constantly headed towards where the raiders made a stand. The ones he looked at was in the distance. It made him think of the people they had been raiding for the past two years at an increasing manner.

"We need to speak to them. To make sure they know they work for us. Until we find a way to deal with those ghouls."

"And chasing down their king will insure our victory!" Kett snapped. The smaller of the two followed the gaze of the lead raider, "We're fighting in two fronts. One larger attack now can solve at least one issue!"

His voice was gruff. "That castle will cause a bigger problem...."

As they looked on witnessing a slight disturbance in the ghoul ranks.  A number of ghouls had seemingly broken off from the horde in view. While others continued on their usual path, those who broke off instead focused on another individual, one whom was most definitely not a ghoul. The persons movements were too quick and refined, and unlike them, this one was properly clothed. They appeared to be male.

Though Keali'i and his second were still a bit away, they could see the fighter well enough: A man of decent height, clad in black leathers and cowled in gray, with a cloth wrapping over his mouth, so that all that was really seen of him was some of his pale face and yellow eyes. What would catch their eyes more than his appearance was his apparent deftness in fending off the undead.  Each punch or kick was solid, like a slam from a larger beast.  It damaged the ghouls' bodies, though this appeared to be only a measure of keeping them at bay so that he could strike one in a more permanent and deadly fashion.  They'd see him there as he broke one of their faces, then backhanded with the same fist to break a neck, kick one back, punch back a couple more, then pounce and smash the face in of a lone creature before rolling off of it and beginning anew.  There was no desperation, no weakness, and no damage upon his body.  He was in control, and he would very soon have them all RE-dead at his feet.

Keali'i's massive hand jabbed the small one's shoulder twice without looking. "Hey. You see that? Have you seen that before?" The large man seemed truly in awe.  He crouched on the ridge, perched with his arms over his knees. He clearly had not. His mouth was open thoughtfully. The more his gape lessened, the more the gears in his head turned.

Kett huffed, looking to where Keali'i was focused on. A soft humming noise came from under the red and gold mask. "No I haven't," they stated simply, "But we should still be cautious. Clearly that thing is different from us."

"Yeah..... Why don't we do meet him?" He notched his bow, eyeing the group of undead. "You favor close combat." His gruff voice let out, followed shortly by a release of his arrow.

His dismissal was obvious for anyone who knew him. He would remain and attack from afar, trusting his second to meet the stranger and gather info for now. Keali'i was not that great at doing such with outsiders. There were not many more ghouls in this group. Only about 15 left that he could count. Unless there were more over the rise.

Kett gave Keali'i a long stare, perhaps judging him, but the expression was hidden behind the lion helm. "Yes, sir." Before heading down the cliff. Hand rested on the sword, the base of the cliff was littered with the corpses the man ripped up. Carefully the golden lion approached the newcomer.

Keali'i kept watch, listening for signs that all was not well.

ooc:co-written with Wrathwyrm and the person that plays Kett!

Tags: