Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Time Moves Forward (Sal) (Private)

Started by Blink, March 27, 2017, 09:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

Lanister looked at Nevayah with a mix of awe and horror as she spoke her plan, unsure what stance he should take on it... On one hand, they could follow through with her plan but then they risk their little boy coming down with an irreplaceable case of brain-damage... While Izayah had a minor resistance to it because he was a tainted blood, he wasn't his mother! His blood couldn't protect him from his father like his mother could! Nevayah's plan was simply do drop Lanister's tainted blood in the center of them all and have Nevayah wrap a tonic-covered cloth over his face so that he didn't die... How could she have forgotten that as the blood eats through one's brain, it drives them violently insane!? No... she must've just been willing to take that chance... He had no qualms about killing all the bandits... but he didn't want to risk his child if they couldn't get to him in time... But then he saw the look in those blue eyes of hers, so determined that her plan would work... She looked as if nothing in the world would keep her from her baby and he actually believed it...

Spontaneously, Lanister wrapped an arm around Nevayah's back and another around the back of her head, pulling her into a kiss so full of love, he wanted to do it all over again... but the stakes today were so much larger than the sharing of love... Slowly, the red-eyed tainted pulled away, smiling softly at the woman he'd fallen in love with... She had grown up so much since their time in Eyssrn, even if her body only did by 2 years... She was gorgeous already, with her long black hair, soft blue eyes and gorgeous slick white skin, but even more so, she was beautiful in who she was, what her morals were and how she looked after her children... He loved the strength within her, the determination to not lose what was so precious to her... He loved Nevayah with everything he had...

"No matter what happens..." He whispered, placing a hand on her cheek before pecking her lips once more. "I love you."

And with that, Lanister drew his sword and ran his palm upon it's edge, the steel cutting into his flesh and unleashing the hell within his veins. Stalking up beneath the brush, Lanister suddenly sprung up from behind, flicking his injured, bleeding hand at the bandits, his blood splattering across the ground at their feet, on their boots, touching all but the one paroling the perimeter on the other side of the camp.

"IZAYAH! DON'T BREATH-" Suddenly, the man was thrown back to the ground, his injured arm feeling dead and heavy for some sudden reason... It felt as if something was sticking out of it, messing with his joi- Then he saw it... A solid steel crossbow bolt had hit him right in the shoulder, small and removable, but definitely able to incapacitate someone unarmored like Lanister... The blood would begin to take effect on the unwary bandits soon, but Lanister was unable to help anymore. He was still trying to make sense as to why there was a stick with feathers coming off the end sticking into his arm...

Blink

And then they were off, putting their plan into action. Just as Lanister yelled for Izayah not to breathe Nevayah jumped out from behind the bushes, fabric in hand. It all happened so quickly it was almost a blur. The bandits began to drop one by one and thankfully Izayah complied and held his breath.

Jumping over the falling bodies of their enemy Nevayah made quick work of getting to her son, and without prompting placed the fabric over his face. While holding it with one hand she used her other to try and yank the knots loose holding him to the tree and with a few minutes she was able to do just that.

Izayah was happy yet mortified at the same time to see his parents spring out of nowhere. Of course they would find him, the bandits had ruined everything. And now he had to face his father once more, already afraid of the disappointment he would bring to him. Holding his breath he saw as his father's blood flung everywhere, incapacitating the bandits around him. He also saw his father get struck by a flying arrow, its origin unknown.

He would have yelled something to them, but not only was he lost for words but also instructed to hold his breath. Instead when his mother approached him he looked at her with sorry and weary eyes, happy to have the fabric pressed against his face so that he could take in the tiniest of breaths. Already his eyes were beginning to burn, and the moment his hands were free he took the fabric in his own, still holding it to his face.

As soon as Izayah was free Nevayah turned her attention to her husband who was now just standing there, staring at the arrow running through his shoulder. Instinct alone pushed her forwards as she ran towards her him, wrapping her arm around his waste and moving him away from the camp. His blood had already rendered most of them incapacitated and now they just needed to get away. There was no point in sticking around, they would all die now.

Izayah reluctantly followed his mother as she led his father out of the camp. He would walk with them not saying a word, but instead mentally preparing himself for whatever they would have to say to him once they were all safe.

Salzem

It wasn't long until this whole skirmish came to a quick and decisive end, though Lanister wasn't fully awake to see it. Between the pain of his shoulder being... well... shot with a rusty cross-bow bolt and the pain of both his hand AND his shoulder on top of the blood-loss, the tainted blood was hardly half awake when his wife picked him up and hauled him off in the direction they had came with their son in tow. Have the time they were walking, Lanister wasn't... the other half he was stumbling. The THIRD half of that time, he was delirious, convinced that this was some kind of dream and that he'd wake up back at home with his beautiful Nevayah sleeping beside him, his son relaxing in his room and his daughter in hers. As he "dreamed", Lanister mumbled certain things, something about blood, other times about something's "pain" and "unbearable" before his mutterings became unintelligible... Within the first half hour of their way back home, Lanister was effective dead weight, the bolt only being driven deeper and deeper into his flesh with each jerky step after the other.

Eventually they came to a stop... a stop at that old camp fire Lanister had found only a little while ago... They were still several hours away from home on foot yet and, at this point, the older male tainted was nothing more than a gibbering, bleeding piece of dead weight, shivering from pain and shock, his eyes drooping, firmly locked on the ground between his legs. Nothing he said made any sense or had any amount of coherence. One moment he'd be talking muttering something about his bones crushing to paste under the jagged point of the bolt, the next he'd be saying something about sponges. Never once did his eyes focus... Not as his wife passed before him... not as his son did... The pain was constant, present... it never dulled nor did he get used to it... Nevayah would have to force her tonic down his throat while pulling the arrow out if she didn't want his blood to rot this forest away. Right now, the bolt was the only thing keeping his blood from pouring out all over the place. If she simply tore it out... that'd be the end of everything for the next upteenth mile... If she simply gave him the tonic (or rather forced him to take the tonic), Lanister would be in constant pain for the rest of his life as his body healed around the invading steel bolt... In all 3 cases, Nevayah was going to have a bad day.

Blink

Izayah followed Nevayah as she led his father to safety, having walked for what seemed like ages until they arrived at an all too familiar campsite. This was where he had set up camp before the bandits raided it, taking him and everything he had collected from it. The entire way here his father had been mumbling things he would never be able to understand, words and phrases almost of another language. Yet again he had caused misfortune on his family, this time his father suffering the brunt of it.

Concern was one of the many words that could be used to describe what Nevayah was feeling right now. As she helped Lanister to the ground of the campsite they had arrived at she took a closer look at the wound on his shoulder. This was something far worse than anything she had treated on him before, Lanister's wounds always being difficult in the past. They never wanted to heal on their own much less something as grave as this. She didn't even really know where to start, or how to treat this wound. He was already in grave danger, his hallucinations and rambling making that more evident with each passing second.

"Lay down" she instructed as she placed the tips of her fingers between the ripped fabric away from his wound. Then just as she had with her skirt earlier she ripped the fabric with one swift movement, pulling it off of his shoulders to clear the area where his wound was. Looking over her shoulder she gave her son a concerned look. She would have loved to heal his minor wounds as well, but there was no way she could do both in her current state.

Now on her knees beside Lanister Nevayah leaned in closer, swiping his forehead with her fingers. "Don't go anywhere on me" she demanded, her concern growing as she felt the temperature of his skin. Then she leaned over him grabbing the sword at his side and pulling it out. Then she placed her hand on the blade, gripping it tightly as blood began to trickle down her wrist. After a few moments she released her grasp from the blade and set it down beside her. With her uncut hand Nevayah dug around in the bag at her side and pulled out the still 3/4 full bottle of tonic and popped the cork off, immediately emptying the contents onto his wound. Now twice today she had to use her tonic to save a family member, and also not in the traditional way.

"That will have to do for now" she said to herself as she grasped the bolted arrow in his shoulder, pulling at it in an attempt to dislodge it from his body. Her other now blood soaked hand was ready after she removed the arrow, as she was prepared to force her blood down his throat. She wasn't going to lie... it took quite a bit more effort than she anticipated to dislodge the arrow, but she finally managed it.

As soon as the arrow was removed her worst fears were confirmed as Lanister began to bleed heavily, however his blood did not take on its acidic form due to the tonic with her blood coursing through it suppressing it. This is when Nevayah placed her palm to Lanister's lips, allowing her blood to trickle into his mouth. Her tonic was a great healing agent, but nothing compared to her own blood.

Salzem

Lanister couldn't help but whimper quietly as Nevayah went about the healing process, cutting her own hand on his sword, pulling out the crossbow-bolt out of his shoulder (in slow gruesome fashion), before she poured the remaining tonic on his now seeping wound... and squeezing her blood from her cut hand into his mouth, gravity doing the rest as it poured down his throat. Although incredibly painful, this whole process of healing, the wounds began to slowly go away, his healing multiplied several times. After at least a solid minuted of just pure healing, his bones fixing themselves his wounded muscles and skin fully healing... The tainted-blood opened his eyes... and the first thing he did was lean up and kiss his wife as she knelt over him with her wounded hand, taking her lips in his as the secondary effects of her blood kicked in. It always put someone in a trance upon consumption and although the stuff was heavily watered down in tonic form, he was getting the stuff straight from the source and he simply couldn't help himself... He was vaguely aware of his son in the background and his presence was the only reason why he didn't take it any further than the kiss, though he had to fight himself to not do so... God's know it was a hard-fought battle... Slowly, Lanister pulled away, staring Nevayah in the eyes with a look of such love... At this point, they must've been dead even with how many times they saved each other. Back and forth, back and forth... And although Nevayah might have one believe she could never repay Lanister for having made her into the woman she was today, easily she had already repaid that debt.

"I love you..." He whispered in her ear as he forced himself up, his body still weak from the healing process but determined now to make it over to his son. If Nevayah would move, Lanister would get to his feet (with certain difficulty) before making his way up to his 14 year old son, a neutral expression on his face.

"Izayah..." he sighed, sounding almost as if he was going to ground him, question him, threaten him with punishment. Lanister wrapped his arms, newly healed or not, around the boy and held him as close as he possibly could, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I love you son..." he whispered, kissing the top of his head. "I love you so much, do you know that...? I love you... We missed you... We were so scared..."

Blink

If anything Lanister's usual reaction to her blood was a relief, always showing her he was back to himself within a few minutes. She was never quite sure why her blood did that to people, made them 'want' and 'need' certain things. Perhaps it was the same agent that made those who consumed it feel powerful and unmatched.

"I love you to" she whispered back as Lanister pulled himself up before planting a kiss of her very own on his lips, one that in no way could match what he had just bestowed upon her. At first she offered her hand to aid him in standing, but once he was on both feet she allowed him to move freely knowing that if anything her waiting on him hand and foot like this would eventually cause him to get upset with her.

Shear panic coursed through Izayah as he saw his father making his way towards him, knowing full well he was in an unimaginable amount of trouble for his latest stunt. When Lanister said his name Izayah merely closed his eyes, preparing for whatever was about to come. But, to his suprise the next thing he knew he was being held to his father who was now crying. His father told him he loved him... that he missed him... that he was scared.

Part of Izayah want to cry along with him, always taking moments like these and locking them away in a special part of his heart. "I know you love me" he whispered back to his father, all before pulling away from his brace and standing tall before the man he respected more than anything in this world. Even if he was bruised and dirty from his latest adventure Izayah didn't want to show his father how truly 'weak' he thought he was.

"... but I left for a reason." His eyes shot past his father and to his mother, whom was standing behind Lanister with a concerned expression he had seen too many times in his life. "I will never be anything if you keep treating my like a child." In Izayah's tone there was a bit of frustration. "You have to accept that I am not a little boy anymore dad. You have to accept that I am going to start forging my own path in this world and it would be so much easier if you just supported me!"

It was times like this that Izayah's personality was a direct reflection of his mother. Her temper was one that surpassed his tenfold... not to mention her stubbornness. Yet he still managed to mirror her in times like this. He was putting his foot down and drawing a line, one his parents would have to listen to or god help them he would be gone again by morning.

Salzem

"I know you're not..." Lanister sighed, paying attention to his son's actions and moreso what he was trying to express. "I know you're not a kid anymore and the fact you would even do something like this proves that... I realize that now..." Lanister smiled, seeing Izayah's stubborn expression as further proof of his status. He wasn't the little boy anymore and... perhaps he didn't need to hold him so closely to his chest anymore. Maybe Izayah had the strength to support himself, to be his own man, to learn how to take the next step into adulthood... It was actually scary how much of Nevayah was in Izayah at that moment... It seemed that at this point, the only thing his son got from him was his gender, but that was okay...

"Son..." Lanister said, taking another step forward, offering his arms out for his son to take. "You've grown up so much... Without me even knowing it you've become your own man, despite your desperate pleas to make me see... I'm sorry I blinded myself to that... I just don't think I was ready to let you go..." His words were soft but firm, gentle but strong... He admitted to his fears before his own kid and that took more courage to do then expressing them to Nevayah... He knew her for decades and she knew him.. they were together, made children together, love and fought and just were together and yet... he never spoke up about this until now...

"Izayah... I love you so much... and because I do, I'm going to give you my sword." Lanister undid the strap around his waist, holding it out to him with both of his hands. "I want you to accept this as an apology... for not recognizing the person you've become."

Blink

Lanister's reaction took Izayah off his guard. He wasn't expecting such a supporting reaction in the least. As his father spoke Izayah felt his eyes filling with emotional tears as he listened to all the words he thought would never escape his father's lips. It wasn't until Lanister unstrapped his own sword and handed it to Izayah that those tears finally fell, glistening down his bruised cheeks.

Izayah reached out to the sword and took it from his fathers hands before throwing it to the ground beside them and instead embracing his father in a heartfelt hug. This... this was when he reflected the very essence of his father. The kind and forgiving soul that he was another trait passed down to this young tainted just as strongly as his mother's attributes.

"I love you so much dad!" He buried his face in his father's shoulder, happy to finally have this tension between them gone. Of course he didn't want to leave home. His home was where he was raised into the man he was becoming by two of the greatest souls he ever thought he could meet not to mention his best friend and sister was also there.

Pulling back from the embrace Izayah took one of his hands and wiped at his face, smudging his tears in with dirt caked on his cheeks. "Can we go home now?"

Nevayah simply stood back and watched the father and son reconcile their relationship. She was so proud of Izayah for pushing Lanister into finally listening to him. Slowly, he was learning how his father worked but also learning how you can't just take off in this world and expect only good things to come of it. All in all this entire situation had turned out for the best in her eyes.

"Yes, let's go home. I am sure Emia will be thrilled to see you are with us this time." Nevayah then smiled at Lanister giving him an all too familiar look.

Salzem

Lanister was surprised when his son threw down his sword and instead wrapped him in a tight hug, burying his face in his father's shoulder. Of course, Lanister didn't care about the sword. It was merely a tool (if a dangerous one) and could easily be replaced if broken. He son, however? He was irreplaceable... He loved him more than almost anything in the universe and it was one of the best feelings in the world to hold him in his arms again... He sighed happily when his son declared he loved him, the older tainted softly kissing his son's cheek before holding him even tighter than before...

"Oh, Izayah..." He whispered softly. "I love you too... More than I can say..." Lanister held his little boy for what seemed like forever, never wanting to let his son go... Even if he was now a "man", he was still his little Izayah and he'd hold him for as long as he wanted. Eventually, however, the boy pulled away, wiping away the tears from his cheeks that mixed with the dirt that speckled them... Izayah was busted up, that was for sure and he was going to require weeks of healing... His poor son... When he asked if they could go back now, Nevayah spoke first, stating that yes, now they would go home. She also commented that Emia would be thrilled to see him safe and Lanister smiled at that. No... no she wouldn't. She'd be maaaaaaaaaaad. If Izayah was lucky, he wouldn't sustain 2 black eyes today.

"Lets go, son." Lanister laughed, gently patting his not-so-little little boy on the back pushing him in the direction of home, but not before sharing a look with his beautiful Nevayah, a look they both recognized. They'd have fun later tonight...

Emia the last few days had been a nervous wreck, sweating, crying, doing everything she could possibly do to keep it together... She cleaned the tables, organized the shelves, looked throughout the house over and over and over and OVER for her brother to feel like she was somehow involved in the search and found nothing. Her twin wasn't HERE. Where could he be!? Where could her bubby BE!?

It was only while she was having one of these panic attacks did the door to the house finally swing open, Emia's head immediately swiviling to see someone walk through, someone about her height, someone who looked just like her father but with her mother's hair and eyes...

"IZAYAH!" She whooped, running over from her place in the kitchen and literally tackling him to the floor the moment he stepped inside. One might've expected her to be crying or laughing or something but her face was burning red with anger. It seemed she had her mother's rage after all.

"WHERE WERE YOU!?" She demanded, staring at her twin. "YOU LEFT ME ALONE AGAIN!" Tears began to build in the corner of her eyes but she dared not cry. She stared down her twin. "TELL ME BEFORE I DO SOMETHING.... BAD!" Lanister didn't interfere with his daughter's rage, though he did watch her closely to see if she did intend to hurt her brother... While Izayah had certainly taken his fair share of licks today, Emia certainly deserved an explanation.

Blink

Happily Izayah began walking in the direction of home, even laughing a bit at his fathers shove in the right direction. Nevayah followed, walking up beside Lanister and grabbing his hand as they walked in the direction of the place she wanted to be more than anywhere in the world right now.

Izayah entered first, but was quickly assaulted to the ground by no one other than his twin sister Emia. In the beginning he thought she may have just been overly happy to see him and this was all some fun game like they used to play when they were younger. However, the moment he was able to make sense of her face he knew that was not the case at all.

When she yelled his name he flinched a bit, half preparing for it to be followed with a swift smack to the face. His face softened though when he saw the tears building in his dear sister's eyes. "Emia..." he muttered, too embarrassed to look her in the eye as he turned his head away from her.

Of course she was hurt, how could she not be? For years he was constantly making reckless decisions while leaving her behind or without even talking to her. Only now did he realize how one sided their bond had been up until now. "... I'm sorry."

That was all he could say, not able to offer an explanation good enough for her. Pushing himself off the ground and from underneath his sister Izayah then sat in front of her on the floor. He stared at her for a good minute before reaching his arms out to give his sister the hug she rightfully deserved. "I really am sorry."

This alone was almost worse than when he faced his father. His entire life he had always been slightly jealous of Emia. Her abilities were better than his, and he felt she didn't have to try near as hard as he did to even be good with a weapon. She was always so charismatic, charming anyone she met while Izayah always struggled interacting with those he did not know. Emia had more friends and stronger relationships with others than he did. All around he always thought her the better twin. And while he would probably always feel a bit of resentment towards his sister for these things beyond her control he still felt horrible for pushing her away.

Salzem

Emia struggled  against her brother as he sat up, even as he wrapped his arms around her and attempted to hug her but slowly, her rage gave way to the relief underneath, forcing the tears to the surface as she buried her face in her brother's shoulder. Even if she was so angry that he would do this to her, she was so happy he was okay... she wanted nothing more for him to come home and now that she had it, she never wanted to let him go EVER again.

"Brother..." She whispered, pulling away softly and smiled, gently pressing her forehead against his. No matter how old they got, she never forgotten him... Even after all the neglect he had forced on her, all the silence, all their bonds being cut... she still loved him like he was a part of her... Her twin brother... her best friend... Suddenly, Izayah would feel a sharp stinging upon his cheek as Emia slapped him, not hard enough to actually hurt, but more of a sharp sting that would only linger for a few moments.

"DON'T do it again!" She declared, her face stern for a moment before softening once more, already forgiving him. "Lets get you cleaned up and get you to bed, okay...? You look wasted..." Whether or not he would protest, Emia would drag her brother towards the bathroom, pushing him in before closing the door behind her. She'd then disappear inside his room and wait for him inside, intent on tucking him in. She wasn't going to get her revenge by mere brute strength, OH no... For leaving her behind like this... for making her worry... she had a much more insidious plan in mind, one that would have lasting repercussions: She was going to be there with him for as long as she deemed fit. Whatever he did, wherever he went, she'd be there....within reason.

Coincidentally, this also left Nevayah and Lanister alone, the male tainted letting out an exasperated sigh before making his way back to his own bedroom and nearly collapsing on the bed. He hadn't forgotten that look Nevayah had given him... On the contrary, he was looking forward to what it promised but... he just... needed a minute... Today had a lot of emotional and mental strain on the poor tainted blood, no doubt the same for Nevayah as well...

Blink

He was happy that Emia didn't push him away, yet another happy reunion on this day. He was lucky his family was so forgiving, only he didn't see it until now. But then he was caught off guard by the sudden feeling on his cheek.

"What the hell!?" he asked as his face twisted into one less gentle than before.

And then his sister was yelling at him, warning him to never run away again before turning on a dime to the sweet person he knew her to be. "Ummm...." he was speechless at her turn of personality. Before he knew it she was dragging him towards the bathroom and shoving him in. Did he really look so poorly?

Knowing full well that if he stepped out of the bathroom in any state less than perfectly clean he could expect another slap to the face. So he got cleaned up, grabbing a cloth from the shelf on the wall to aide him in this endeavor. He was in the bathroom for a good thirty minutes before emerging squeaky clean and hair still wet from the waters that bathed him. Making his way to his room he was less than surprised to his sister standing there waiting for him.

"Are you seriously going to follow me around all night? I'm not going anywhere Emia." Izayah then folded his arms in front of him as he stared his sister down. "I am more than capable of going to bed by myself." And so the brother-sister standoff begun...

Nevayah loved that her children were pushing each other, it was building a stronger bond between them whether they knew it or not. She followed Lanister into their bedroom where he collapsed on the bed in pure exhaustion. "Our family is together again..." she whispered, only to remind Lanister there was nothing else to worry about for the moment. "You saved our son again." Nevayah then fell silent as she stood in the doorway, leaned against its edges as she stared at Lanister in awe.

She truly did love this man so much. He was everything anyone could want in a husband and father. It wasn't about the love making or just good chemistry between the two that made her love him so. No, it was something much deeper. This man would always be by her side and she knew it. There was an unseen force always holding them together, keeping their hearts forever intertwined within their chests. From the first moment they met he had never given up on her and in time she grew to be the same way. She would never give up on Lanister or her family... they were her forever.

Salzem

"Yes." Emia responded flatly when her brother asked if she was going to follow him around. He stated that he was more than capable of going to bed himself, but his sister only stared back at him, her expression unwavering. "Oh, I'm sure. But I'm not going anywhere." She paused, an expression of pain washing over her soft, pale features. "You hurt me... you really did, brother... leaving me alone... my best friend suddenly disappearing... SO, I'm going to make sure you don't." She gestured to his bed with a quick not, signifying he should get in it

"So, dear brother, please just go to bed...? I'll go too soon once you're asleep." Poor Emia looked just as, if not more, tired than Izayah did but gods-darn it, she wasn't going to let that stop her! Her brother wasn't going to leave her again! She was determined!

Lanister let out a soft sigh as Nevayah reminded him that their family was back together, that he had saved their son again but he couldn't help but feel that every time his family needed saving, it was his fault. First in Eyssrn for allowing himself to be broken so easily, persuaded to not only bring their kids, but bring them separate from them? Stupid... stupid decisions... And now, there was that decision that Lanister wasn't ready to see his son grow up, to see him take more risks, become independent, to become a man and he ended up beaten and thrown into a bandit camp as a result... Sure, he was fixing his these mistakes, but he seemed to keep making them... How long would it be until Lanister made a mistake that he simply couldn't fix...? What if he ended up ruining his family forever...?

Rest was obviously not the answer as it made his worrying even worse and that was the last emotion he wanted to feel right now... He wanted to feel warm... safe... quiet... and the only one who could quell him was a certain someone leaning in the door-frame. Lanister rose from the bed, making his way to the door before gently tugging his wife inside, closing the door behind them.

"Nevayah...?" He whispered, gently brushing a strand of dark hair out of her face as he might've when they weren't married all those years ago. "Did I ever tell you... How much I love you...?" He whispered, gently kissing her. His lips applied only the softest of pressure, almost beckoning Nevayah to make the real first move.

Blink

Raising a brow Izayah held his stance towards his sister, refusing to cave for even the slightest of moments. "I don't need you in here to go to sleep anymore..." his eyes shifted downwards as he took on a bit of an embarrassed expression. "... we are not four anymore." Izayah recalled how he and his sister used to share this very room, and how on most nights one of them would end up in the arms of the other, searching for that bit of peace each of them provided.

"I'm not going to leave again, I promise. So please Emia just go to bed." Izayah then walked past his sister before sitting at the edge of his bed, crossing his arms once more. He could tell his sister was tired, and honestly he was too. It had been too long since he had the comfort of a cushion beneath him as he slept.

It was no shock that Lanister got up and tugged her completely in the room before closing the door. They played this game often and most times it began just like this. She did not resist though as she brushed a strand of hair from her face and planted a soft kiss on her lips. All the while he whispered things to her he had said a thousand times before, yet each time it made her blush as if it were the first.

"And have I ever told you how much I love you too?" her voice was soft as she herself moved in closer to plant a kiss just as gentle as the one he gave her on his lips. Oh how much she loved this man, and despite whatever they went through in life she found herself loving him more and more everyday. Slowly she wrapped her arms around him waste but instead of some attempt to shove him down like usual Nevayah simply pulled herself even closer, resting her head on Lanister's collarbone as she embraced him.

Right now this was all she really wanted, was to be close to him and feel him here with her. Despite the fact they had been together the last few days she had never felt so apart. Both of them sick with worry and caught up in their own little worlds looking for Izayah. She hated it when that happened, when even if for a second she felt their bond waver like that. So now all she wanted was closeness... to feel him breath and hear his heart beat... a gift all on its own.

Salzem

Emia felt slightly hurt that her brother tossed away all their memories together just *snap* like that, assuming that she was here to bring back those times. Maybe she missed it when they were wrapped up together, their shared presence warding off the nightmares and maybe she missed how much her brother included her in his life, looking up to him as the stronger sibling... the braver sibling... Now she couldn't help but feel she was unwanted... maybe even hated... how easily did he caster her out... Sure, she was hugged and apologized to, but that didn't dismiss what he was doing now... He couldn't even humor her, his twin, his supposed "best friend in the whole, wide world" on this one little thing... He wanted her gone... It made her wonder... was she the reason he ran away...?

"..." She didn't say a word, only looking at him blankly as if he had slapped her in the face for no reason. After a moment... 2... 3... she spoke.

"Fine." Emia turned around and headed out of her brother's room, opening her door before closing it quietly behind her with an obviously restrained hand. No matter how much she wanted oblivion's sweet embrace... she would sleep not tonight.

Lanister smiled as Nevayah turned the question on him, asking if she had ever told him how much she loved him. Before he could answer, his wife reciprocated the kiss he gave her, one just as gentle and perhaps even sweeter than the one he gave, making him crave more the instant she pulled away.

"You do a good job of it..." He murmured, staring into her deep blue's as if they were the ocean's depths: Endless and beautiful... Instead of their kissing continuing, however, this time when Nevayah leaned in, she gently rested her head on her chest, her arms wrapped around his waist in an effort to pull herself closer... In response, he wrapped his arms around her lower waist as well, resting them on her hips as he squeezed her against him, gently resting his cheek on the top of her head.

"Nevayah...." He whispered softly, hugging her even tighter, but hardly painfully so. He softly kissed her head before leaning back a bit to get a better look at her face. "....You're so beautiful..." Slowly, he'd lean in again, this time, his lips connecting with hers, once again caressing hers with both love and tender care.

Blink

It hurt him to admit that when his sister exited the room he felt a sense of emptiness within him. She took everything he said wrong. What she saw was him pushing away was nothing more than mere teasing. In truth Izayah wanted Emia to stay, if not to remind him of how much he truly did love home some more. Once the door was shut he sat up from the edge of his bed and walked up to the door, spreading his palm out on the hard wood. "I'm sorry" he whispered as if his beloved sister could hear him through it.

He didn't know what to do to fix this, this divide he had created after so many years of resentment towards her. Tilting his head downwards a bit Izayah then rested his forehead to the door as he took in a deep breath. He stood like that for a few moments before curling his flattened palm into a fist, lightly dragging it down the door until it rested at his side. With a new sense of determination Izayah then walked over to his bed and pulled off his blanket and pillow, folding them under his arm before making his way out of his room.

Izayah then steadily walked towards his sisters room where he lightly knocked on the door before opening it. He didn't say anything to his sister as he threw his pillow to the floor first and then his blanket, making a makeshift bed. "Goodnight" was all he said before laying down onto his makeshift mattress and closing his eyes.

Again Lanister's words caused Nevayah to blush before locking his lips with hers once more. This time she said nothing as she realized the 'tender' moment was over. Game On..

Bringing her own hands up Nevayah placed one on each of Lanister's shoulders before pushing him towards the bed. After that she wasted no time kicking off her shoes and following suit.

Tags: