Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thoroughfare

Started by visualspice, January 20, 2023, 01:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Gavriella looked at her questionably. But when she suggested the picnic, her entire mood picked up. She didn't know how much she needed out of that confining carriage until she and Reina were walking together, arm in arm.

"I never knew how badly my legs needed stretched in all of my days," the young woman lamented, stretched some as she followed along closely at the other's side.

After a time, she then added, "Thank you... I... it.. was beginning to feel awkward in there."
And she peered over her shoulder at the carriage, then- caught a glimpse of the other, stealing a look at both her brother and betrothed.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh, I know." Reina sighed as she led the younger woman in a meandering stroll through the easy stretch of grass alongside the road. "I know it isn't exactly practical for such a long journey, but I find that I'd almost rather make the trip on horseback. At least then I'm sore from doing something, rather than just sitting all day."

She followed Gabriella's eyes to the other carriage and smiled a bit, catching a brief glimpse of her own...well, "tagalong" was the wrong word, but she didn't actually have the right one.

"I know he's a bit of an idiot," she said in a slightly lower voice, "but my brother typically means well. He just...doesn't think some things through."

visualspice

Out of the entire caravan of nobles, the Duke stood out like a sore thumb. Gavriella wasn't even sure how to describe it...
Perhaps it wasn't looks but the air he was giving off- for he certainly did seem gloomy.

As Reina went on to speak of her brother? Gavriella's eyes went to him, studying him as they walked.

"I suppose I can't blame him if he's underwhelmed by me. I mean.. he's marrying a foreigner."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Reina shook her head. "It's not that," she sighed. "Misha is...well, let's just say he's used to a certain amount of freedom in his life. He views marriage as...something that rather limits that freedom." She frowned slightly. "He's well aware that he's in a more fortunate position than, say, the two of us when it comes to that sort of thing--but he's also something of a spoiled brat, I must admit."

She sighed again and shook her head slightly. "He was determined not to like you, you know. His own way of rebelling, I suppose."

visualspice

At her explanation, she frowned. As she digested it, she couldn't help but mutter, "He's not the only one."

She stared at her feet, trying to take it all in. 

"I suppose we better get used to one another."
Marriage lasted a long time...

DragonSong

"Eventually." Reina gave her a sympathetic look. "But you have time. I'll give my brother this—he would never force you into a situation you didn't want. He feels that you've both had quite enough of that with the marriage itself."

She paused, considering, then added delicately, "I do mean, ah...any situation. He'll tell you this himself sooner or later, but he's in no rush to, er, produce any heirs. If ever."

visualspice

Gavriella's cheeks turned pink at that and she grew awkwardly quiet, eyes now focused on her feet. Well.. she hadn't thought much about.. that.

But then again...
All nobles deemed to have heirs... so why was she suddenly feeling so absolutely flabbergasted at the idea?

Then again... she did add.. if ever.

Her hands tightened into fists as she remained quiet, before something drew her eyes to have a quick peek towards Misha.

DragonSong

Reina's brother seemed to be having quite a good time needling the other two nobleman; something that Andreas was clearly bearing with long-suffering stoicism—though no one could speak for the Duke.

"I suppose we should head back," Reina sighed, giving Gabriella's hand a little pat.

visualspice

Gavriella nodded almost numbly before falling in alongside her. She grew quiet, chewing over her thoughts before asking ,"Do you think I could ever ger your brother to accept me?" She stared over at where the men still congregated, Andreas standing out amongst the Connlaothians.  "I know we're to be married but.. I'd just hate to be in an arranged marriage where he'll just hate me the whole time."

Maybe it was silly she even cared.

DragonSong

"Oh, sweet thing." Reina gave her a sympathetic look and squeezed her hand lightly where she had tucked it into the curve of her own elbow. "He doesn't hate you. I promise." She glanced toward her brother and added wryly, "I rather think that's his problem."

visualspice

Gavriella blinked.
"What? What do you mean?" she frowned. She didn't understand that coy look and glanced over at Misha again. "Everytime we've interacted he... I don't know.." She sighed and let her gaze drop down at her feet. "Perhaps I should have paid more attention to Serenian politics with my tutors."

DragonSong

"It wouldn't have helped," Reina sighed. "My brother has a terrible case of being allergic to sincerity, I'm afraid. He doesn't want to like you, but I'm rather afraid that he's starting to, and the whole thing has put him on the back foot, as it were."

visualspice

Gavriella flushed at what Reina informed.

"You.. you must mean he just doesn't hate me," She insisted, not certain how she ought to feel of her intended were taking a liking to her. Although.. wasn't that the point? Shouldn't she want her husband to be.. interested in her?

She felt foolish for all that she felt but.. she truly felt out of her element and lowered her gaze, chewing on her lip.