Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What is Taken by the Sword, is Returned by the Sword (OPEN)

Started by SerOzimondios, April 16, 2017, 11:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerOzimondios

Slaves, countless rows of slaves being sold at auction. Young, old, sick and strong. Snowfall looked with a furious expression at the lines of caged slaves. Families huddling together for reassurance they would stay together. Old wishing that they would die before they were sold, the sick were doing the same thing. Snowfall made her way down the rows, Her fist clutching ever so tighter as she passed each cage. She was just one young, naive girl, a lowly mercenary in Essyrn, left to be swallowed by fate. Snowfall paused at one particular cage. A young man, strong and muscular sitting at the bars of his cage, rushed to her apon sight. "Water!" He begged. "Please..Water!" his voice was a dying rasp, he was dirty and clothed in nothing but rags. His face was shaven and so was his hair, he seemed to have once been a strong warrior as seen by the scars over his body.

Snowfall knelt, quickly offering him her waterskin. The man paused for a moment, tears filling his eyes as his shaky hands took the waterskin and he began to gulp down it. Snowfall smiled, she graced her hands onto his cheeks , "Grow strong..drink long...and fight for your freedom..do not stop-" Her speech was interrupted by a harsh, metal backhand to her right cheek, causing her to fall to the ground. When her gaze furiously danced to one of the slavers, armored and armed and a hand on his scimitar. "What are you doing!" He yelled "Get out of here bitch!". He spat at her feet, pointing at the other end of the street, of which where the brothels were.

Snowfall stood, and turned the other way. Feinting her retreat until she drew her bastard sword, Stag's Fury and swung it around it around , and with a quick flash of steel, her steel was embedded in his head. Blood spurting from where her blade and cleaved into his skull. Snowfall ripped the blade out and kicked him backwards. She heard shouts , the clanking of armor, the unsheathing of blades, Snowfall drew a thick heater shield from her back and attached it to her forearm. She took a breath and held the hilt of Stag's Fury to her chest. "To protect the innocent, and maybe to get a wench after this..." she whispered to herself, as she was surrounded by an array of spears, her back against the cage...

JackieCat

It was a tad too hot for Anton's liking.

And the people in the cages were making too much noise.

And there was a fly that seemed to have made it it's life goal to annoy him.

It failed, and it's life ended quickly with the swat of a fan.  Still, Essyrn wasn't ideal.  There were far to many people around, many of them only half-dressed, and despite all the hubbub, it was boring.

If it weren't for the fact that it was absolutely necessary that he be here to secure a very important business deal, Anton would have been at home in his parlor, probably drinking tea or some other such pleasurable activity.

He and the five armed guards that surrounded him were just on their way back down the street to the carriage that awaited them.  It was a shame they had to walk at all, but the street they were on was far too crowded for any sort of carriage to go down.

Anton's mind was taken from the thought of the soft interior of the carriage when he heard a shout of foul language.  He looked over to see one of the slavers yelling at a young woman.  She turned away from him and appeared to be leaving, until she swung around, pulling out her weapon and lodging it into the man's head.

"Goodness me," Anton said, but a smirk graced his lips.  A posse of quite unruly-looking men were now coming upon the girl, their weapons drawn.  Unless she had magic or had some sort of trick up her sleeve, she would be cut down.  Anton was half satisfied to just sit back and watch the show, but he assumed that it would be over shortly, so he flicked the fingers of a white-gloved hand to his men.   "Go and help the lady," he ordered, and four of the five men rushed into the fight.  Now the battle was more even, and Anton's men seemed to be gaining the upper hand.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SerOzimondios

Snowfall had taken stance, with her blade hilt at her hip, and the tip pointed towards the head of any attacker. She took a defensive position, her blade parrying and swatting away incoming spear head. She didn't really have a plan after she split open that slaver's head and now she was heavily regretting it. Her heart races, and her blood pumped. She was afraid, she could die, she didn't know what was going to happen. She swore her heart skipped 10 beats when a soldier found an opening in her guard, thrusting for her chest. Snowfall quickly attempted to parry, but she parried the blade after it had paused for some reason . Snowfall soon realized that there was a blade through that man's back.

It took a few moments for Snowfall to realize what had happened, She glanced at her surroundings. Four guards, well armed and tough looking had rush to her aid. They didn't look like city guards, or even mercenaries..No, these were professional body guards, and Snowfall had been lucky.Snowfall gave a smile, nodding to the guard as she rushed forward. The other three guards had been occupied, for they had realized they were being flanked and then rushed to defend themselves against the incoming guards. Snowfall approached one from behind, a rather tall figure armed in leather lamelarr.  She drove her sword upwards through his spine, the man paralyzed with fear, pain , and the fact that he was now literally paralyzed. She moved onto the second who had turned to face her. He reflexively thrusted for her head, she ducked her head to the right, while parrying the incoming spear head to the left. After the spear was out of harms way, she dashed forward, smashing her pommel into the mans nose while a fellow guard from Anton stabbed him through the neck.

The battle was over in less than a minute. Snow gave a soft exhale, a sign of her exhaustion. She wasn't breathing heavy from exhaustion, no, she was breathing out of fear. She was shocked that she felt this way. For all the battles she had been in she was shocked that this one was the one that made her scared. She pondered the thought deep before she realized that there was a leader to these guards. She quickly looked to the rich looking lord to her left. She sat down on a body, her hood still pulled over her head as she cleaned her  blade on the mans leather. She spoke softly and quietly, though just loud enough for Anton to hear. Her voice a soft, young and naive voice, Snowfall liked to think it was cute sounding as well.

"O..oh...t..Thank you mister.." She looked over to the slaves with a sad frown, than back to Anton, awaiting a response.

JackieCat

Anton watched the fight with interest, his hands folded behind his back.  The battle was a quick one, the slavers taken out in moments.  The crowds had parted to allow room for the fight, but no one intervened, and Anton assumed that this sort of altercation was not out of place in this part of the city.  When the last of the slavers was lying dead on the ground, their blood soaking into the dry sand below them and evaporating into the air, Anton approached the young woman, who was now beginning to clean her weapon in a seemingly crude manner on a part one of the slaver's garb.

He smiled at her gratitude.  The smile was mostly smug, but he tailored it to appear charming, kind, even.

"I would hate to see a young woman like yourself taken down by such a band of ruffians," he said.  His guards were converging back together, not a one even bruised.  They had cleaned their swords and now had them sheathed at their sides.  "What, pray tell, incited this squabble?" continued Anton. "I heard the brief exchange of words between you and the slaver, but what inflamed the man's temper to begin with?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SerOzimondios

Snowfall was not sure of this mans intentions. He was rich, had sudden interest in saving her life, and professional bodyguards, something was not in place here. As the man approached, he quipped about how he would hate to see her die to ruffians, she gave a slight smile to that with a shrug, "T...t..thank you" She said quietly. Then the man asked why she was attacked, Snowfall froze into stone. Despite having good intentions, good intentions did get her into trouble. She was unsure of if it would get her into trouble again. . .Though this man did save her life, she decided that he must know. It's the least I can do, she thought.

"Haha.." She gave a quiet,nervous laugh. "We had some...ethical...disagreements. She said simply, hoping that would be enough. She stood and sheathed her blade, looking to them with a nervous, shy posture. "D...do you n..need repayment..?" She quipped shyly. She knew this man would ask for something in return, a favor, money, something. This man looked like a one to keep debts, and she was curios what he would ask. . .

JackieCat

As she spoke, Anton took a closer look at her.  Everything about her spoke of a person who had gotten around quite a bit.  The dents and scratches in her armor, the scars that marred her tan skin, and the elaborate but well-used sword she was now cleaning.

"People can be quite uncivilized when another's views differ with their own," he said at her explanation for the fight. He took a moment to contemplate her next words.  He hadn't been specifically after anything when he had sent his guards to help the young woman, merely a bit of entertainment in what had been an incredibly boring day.  But now that she'd asked, he thought for a moment before smiling, the same one as before.

"What kind of man do you think I am that I would offer assistance to someone in need and then demand something in return?" While his words were kind, a prick of sarcasm slipped through.  "I only ask for your name, and what your business is in a place such as this."  He waved a hand to indicate their surroundings, namely the slave cages.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SerOzimondios

Snowfall took a deep breath followed by a lengthy silent yawn, her arms stretching out wide as she rested the blade of her sword on her shoulder.  She took the moment to examine him. White hair,expensive clothes, mannered demeanor,cute face.. She thought to herself. She looked over to the slave cages as he asked his question. "I..uhm.. do not take kindly to slavery.."  she said shyly, her voice a quiet audible mumble. She pulled her hood further down her head. She flipped the blade around, grabbing the sword by the blade and then raising it, smashing open the lock to the cage with one downwards chop. The stag head pommel smashing into the chain and cracking off the lock.

Snowfall opened the cage, and grabbed the man by the shoulder, helping him up and ripping off his veil, she whispered to him "Run" , she said, offering the man her cloak and scarf. He took it , tears of joy in his eyes as he gave her a great hug "I will not forget.." he said, throwing on the cloak and scarf, soon vanishing into the neighboring market All the while looking to Anton. "In the...uhm..meantime. I'm ...looking for work" She said the last part with a high rise of her shoulders, shyly indirectly looking at him, worried that he may call the guards.

JackieCat

Anton didn't fail to notice her appraising glance over him, and he cocked his head to the side at her remark about Slavery.  "It is quite a touchy subject for some people."

His guards glanced at him as the young woman stood and took the pommel of her sword to the lock of the cage, but Anton gave them no orders and simply watched as the slave was freed.

Then she told him she was looking for work.  By her garb and the state of her armor, Anton assumed she was a mercenary of some kind.

The girl seemed quite nervous, as if was going to report her, but he smiled in a way that could have been interpreted as reassuring.

He was going to leave right then, but then something came to mind.  Perhaps he did have a use for this young woman, yet.

"Why don't you come with me and we may be able to find you some work," he said, turning around and starting away.  He glanced over his shoulder to look back at the young woman.  "Come along.  Despite the pitiful security in this area, I highly doubt that you want to be around when some form of City Guard eventually does come along."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SerOzimondios

Snowfall remained naturally shy, She gave a new nods of approval before she sheathed her blade and jogged after the lord, trailing his steps carefully with an eye on the other body guards, she kept her head low and her shoulders shrugged high. She didn't like this kind of interaction, she just talk and get it over with. Things like this made her anxious and nervous. Snowfall quielty asked to the lord, after the curiosity burned enough into her brain for her to ask. "W...w..where you ..from?" She said, looking at the dirt but speaking to Anton.

JackieCat

"Summervale, Serendipity," Anton answered, taking no notice of her shyness as they made their way down the street.  The sight of the heavily armed guards was enough to clear a path through the crowds, and they had little trouble as they walked.  "It's a beautiful place, many times more pleasant than this dreadful city."

He glanced over at the young woman, raising an elegant eyebrow at her.  "I don't believe you gave my your name."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SerOzimondios

Snowfall nodded, she had once been to Summervale, but her experience wasn't the most beautiful thing. Anton asked her name. "O..oh..I..I'm Snowfall.." She replied proudly, but staying quiet and shy. She kept an eye out for anyone waiting in the shadows...

JackieCat

"Snowfall," Anton repeated, testing out the name.  "How very interesting.  I am Lord Anton Delaware."

They had reached the carriage by now and a man waiting at the door opened it, giving Snowfall a snooty and disapproving glance.

Anton stepped up into the carriage and sat on one of the padded benches inside of the elaborately decorated cream-colored coach.  He waved a hand at Snowfall to follow.

"Come along now, we don't want to be waiting around all day."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SerOzimondios

Snowfall followed him to the courage, she echoed the lord's name in her head, seeing if she could try and remember it. Sadly the thought escaped her when she arrived at the carriage, she gave no mind to the man who gave her a disapproving look as she stepped into the carriage, sitting across from Lord Anton..

"Oh..,Uhm..w..where are we going?" Snowfall questioned.

JackieCat

She was so incredibly shy!  Anton had not met many a mercinary, as that is what he assumed she was, with her disposition.

"The inn I am currently staying at," he answered her question. "It it quite rundown and shabby, but it will do for the short time I will be staying here."

The carriage rolled along the streets, stopping frequently as other traffic moved ahead of them.  The drapes that covered the windows let some light into the carriage, but they blocked them from the sights of the people outside and muffled much of the noise.

"I am inclined to believe you are a mercenary?" he said, the statement more of a question.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor