Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

If God Creates Man... [Open]

Started by AevumEternity, April 24, 2017, 06:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

" Yet you are nor, Alliondrai Alkayz," the strange man rumbled, flashing a slow, vicious smile," You belong in myths. In the legends that little lady up there sings about and her brother paints nonsense of," he points one unusually elongated finger toward the ceiling. One would notice his joints seemed disconnected, his index finger almost akin to a knobbly twig that ended in a sharp nail akin to a talon. A monster. Whatever this man was, he was ruined....

" I would tell you to leave, but I know you will not," he sighs slowly in that rasping voice, slowly standing, towering over Allion and seeming to block the glow of the candelabra dangerously. A terrible, terrible aura came from this man, his lips curling back into a slow, twisted smile," I suppose you will just have to fight me then. Eh."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHopeseeker

Allion felt his gut twist as the man spoke his name, yet his expression remained unchanged, aside from a slight parting of his lips. Staring the man down, he curled his fingers around the magic flowing into his hands, feeling the pulsing mass at his beck and call. He unconsciously took a step back as the man rose, cursing himself for leaving his weapons behind, and his leg banged against the edge of the counter, his retreat blocked.

"What are you?" He asked, his head tilting somewhat to the side despite himself. The man's aura was foggy, unclear, tainted. It confused his senses, fought against his own, brighter, presence, "And what do you mean to do with them?"

He didn't need to name them, it was clear this man already knew who he was here to see, as well as who they were. But why?

AevumEternity

A low, dark chucle flowed from this man's lungs as he stepped forward, head bent slightly to avoid smacking the ceiling while simultaneously becoming somewhat more... Predatory," Dead men should keep their noses out of business that is not their own." She answers, slowly lowering one hand to the floor, getting onto all fours- he seemed more natural in that position, like a massive, humanoid dog. He was nothing more then a massive sillhouette now, though the slow changes were becoming more and more clear.

His fangs glittered eerily," Come now, dead man, come dance with meeee~" he snarls with a low, horrible snarling laugh

TheHopeseeker

Allion slid into a defensive stance, his body lowering as his legs braced and he raised one hand before his chest, palm down, and the other out slightly, the frothing, churning mass of purple-black energy glittering a blue-ish colour in its centre.

This creature, for that is all he was, Allion saw that now, was not natural. Not human. His actions and his words were enough to prove that. The hunter gritted his teeth, watching his foe for the first sign of movement.

AevumEternity

" How utterly impolite."

Was the last human phrase the beast utters, immediately the beast rips forward, jaws agape, the flesh upon the man's cheeks all but tearing open to reveal a long maw of sharp teeth that snapped shut  again as the flesh weaved together. His long fingers, now terrible talons reaching out to slam Allion to the floor. His eyes blazed, utterly inhuman and disgusting as bloodshot as they were.

Above, a gunshot rings out, multiple shots. It would only be a matter of time until guards arrived, that was certain...

TheHopeseeker

Allion lunged to the side, magic abandoned as he focused on avoiding the beast's crushing teeth and claws. Still, a scraping blow was struck to his leg, throwing him to the floor with a subtle gasp. He was no stranger to pain, the laceration across his lower leg only a minor pinprick compared to the hellfire he had been subjected to in the past.

Brushing it aside, he rolled back to his feet, the smell of blood, rich and inhuman, salted the air as he conjured a spell, quick and lacking in real strength, but hopefully enough to slow the beast down. It crackled with blue energy as it shot from his palm, aimed for the large, hopefully less mobile creature, with the intent to momentarily paralyse.

AevumEternity

The spell makes contact with the beast's skin that began to tear through the heavy jacket- briefly freezing the beast. Even then, its flesh continues to swell and boil. Tongue too large for his mouth now lulling out as he sneers," Cooooome now~ thats no FUN-" a massive paw lashing outward to crush Allion to the floor.

TheHopeseeker

He leapt backwards, ignoring the stab of pain that shot up his leg, and grunted as his lower back slammed into a short table. Immediately falling into a forwards roll, he dove between the beast's front legs, rolling underneath him and blasting his hands upwards with a concussive blast of energy.

AevumEternity

The beast's flesh folded under the power of the blast, yet its massive weight kept it atop him. The wolf-like ma immediately reached down, forcing its massive hand about his neck as its massive talons dug into the flooring. In the darkness, its deep red eyes glowed like dying coals, teeth fleshing yellow and blood. Its broken bones within its gut already began to heal, pushing and bulging against the skin. The monster's throat gurgled with laughter, enjoying this agony far too much as it continued to grow and twist- bones cracking and muscles tearing audibly.

A gunshot rang out, the beast stumbling slightly forward as its entire weight crushed upon Allion's trachea. If he were to look toward the stairs, he would see none other then the duke in a nightshirt and a pair of torn pants, barefoot, spectacles reflecting the orange glow of the candelabra- an pistol with an odd barrel blowing white gunpowder in his hand. The odd pistol clicked, immediately a second shot rang out- without him even loading it. How was such a thing possible?

The beast howled- bullets hurt- regardless of what you are... 

TheHopeseeker

Allion gasped, his hands both clawing at the beast's as he choked for breath, his face twisting in desperate need for air, and the pain that engulfed his throat. Fuzzy darkness threatened at the edge of his vision as even more weight was applied to his throat, his vision tilting and swaying as he twisted his head, hands still scrabbling to rid himself of the beast's hold as his foggy vision fell upon none other than Daemion, the man holding a strange, multi-barrelled gun of some kind.

The loud gunshots came to him as if through water, his head feeling like it was about to burst as he gaped and gurgled for air. Survival instinct kicked in as his vision began to turn white at the edges, his hands moving from the beast-man's own claws towards the head, a tiny gasp escaping his lips as he all but wrenched the magic from his body, fire spewing from his outstretched hands in white-hot bursts.

AevumEternity

The beast at last released its grip, turning its full attention upon the duke, but was met with a rapid succession of blasts, screeching as it reeled away in agony. Four shots within several seconds and the room was completely shrouded in hot, white smoke. It seemed several minutes had passed as shouting came nearer and a cold, almost utterly lifeless hand pressed flat against Allion's cheek, turning his head toward the unmoved spectacled and bearded face. Daemion seemed as unwavered as ever, but his thin lips moved," Sit up." His low, quiet artist's voice was surprisingly commanding," Now." Already the Duke was pulling Allion into a sitting position.

The lobby was wreck, blood. Splattered the dark tables and lanterns of guards bobbed about. It seemed to be an utter massacre.

TheHopeseeker

Allion gagged on air, choking and gasping as his hands dropped to his crushed throat, air whistling through his teeth as he tried to just breath. His lungs screamed for the air, then flared with ice so cold it burned when they received the much needed oxygen. Vaguely, he was aware of a cold touch to his cheek, his body being pulled into an upright position as he bent over, wheezing as his eyes watered.

His mind was filled with fuzz, his alert senses brought to a halt by the sensation of being slowly suffocated. As such, he didn't fully realise that, in his panicked state, he had revealed his abilities, what he was to a Duke of Connloath.

Blinking rapidly as the coughing began to finally die away, though his throat felt like dozens of tiny daggers were being driven into it, and his head was throbbing painfully in time with his numbing leg, he lifted his gaze to his apparent saviour, wincing harshly as he tried to swallow and was brutally rebuffed. "Wha-" his voice was little more than a whisper, pain shooting through his throat as he tried to speak, but his confusion was evident. 

AevumEternity

" Silence." His cold voice snapped like a whip, green eyes nearly black as he stood slowly, stepping back at the moon rose higher and flooded the lobby with silver light," You will say nothing, Allion, but you will follow me." Turning upon her bare foot, this skinny scholarly man walked back toward the stairs. For such a sallow and weak looking young man, there seemed a horrifying amount of strength to him, though it be not physical, it was certainly enough to rule a Duchy.

He paused at the base of the steps, waving away a city guard as he looked toward Allion expectantly.

TheHopeseeker

The hunter obeyed, if only because his voice was shot to pieces and his head felt fit to explode. Using a hand on the ground to push himself up, he swayed slightly before steadying himself, fighting of the ensuing head rush and throwing his weight to the left so as to take the pressure off the opposite leg. The gash bled freely, the smell of it tainting the air with a coppery smell not quite natural, the red stain on his pants trailing down most of his thigh and lower leg by this point.

Limping obviously, now, he followed the Duke, his senses beginning to clear a little as his body replenished its oxygen levels, and his mind began to come back alive, cold realisation sliding into place in his head. Silently, he cursed.

AevumEternity

Daemion waited for him at the top of the stairs, keeping the heavy door to his and his sisters apparent quarters open. Until the white haired man entered, he stared Allion down unblinkingly from behind those wired spectacles. At last closing the door, one could look about the apartment and note the large stains of blood that announced the final resting places of many of the intruders. An artist and an assassin apparently, the duke sat down slowly on a ruined chair, stuffing popping from deep gashes within the chair itself,"... Elenoir is gone now." He comments idly, staring at Allion unblinkingly, his face unmoved.

" They took her." Leaning back in the chair, the Duke idly placed the oddly barreled weapon upon a nearby table which promptly collapsed under the small additional weight. Not that the Duke seemed to care as he folded his hand back into his lap, adjusting the glasses on his nose.

TheHopeseeker

Allion's leg was threatening to give out by the time they reached the room, his hand moving to press against the freely flowing wound, red smearing across his gloves in an instant. Glancing about the room with wary green hues, he frowned darkly at what he saw, eyes flickering between the destroyed chambers and the Duke, a new level of understanding entering his gaze as he realised exactly what this man was capable of, beneath the quiet, scrawny exterior.

He stiffened immediately when Daemion spoke of his sister, his jaw tightening at the thought of the young girl in the clutches of that beast's associates. He still felt slightly lightheaded, his vision murky at the edges, a sudden wave of dizziness prompting him to sit down, rather heavily, on what was left of a once ornate leather settee.

Clearing his throat, with no small measure of pins and needles as a result, he forced his voice to project to more than a whisper, a hoarse crackle at best, "Who?" He stuck with a single word, trusting that Daemion would have the wits to figure out what he meant. The man was no fool.

AevumEternity

Daemionms eyes slowly flicker upward, peeking from behind the spectacles at him," Berserkers. Madmen who I apparently relate to." Pushing his spectacles up his nose, her sniffs once," Bahamut, that was the one you tussled with. He is the disease- if you are bitten by one, your most primally suppressed desires become the only thing your mind can take. Imagine the one sin you've suppressed most throughout your life, now make it your everything. If they survive long enough, they can learn to control it, sometimes become like animals from it. It's all quite interesting, truly." Even as he drawled this out, he seemed less then interested for his sister's welfare.

" I can't imagine why they'd want her but for breeding stock, a shame." He taps the side of his nose," But I would prefer she come back to me untouched. She is valuable as a virgin." Slowly, his eyes flicker to Allion.

"... Help me get my asset and I will keep your secret, that sounds rather fair to me, hm."

TheHopeseeker

Allion's gave hardened at the time with which Daemion spoke, as if his sister was just a thing, a tool to be used, an "asset" as he called her. Biting back the urge to snap at the young man, he ground his teeth together, unwillingly admitting to himself that the man made a valid point. If a Duke outed him, even if he managed to escape the obviously trained fighter, he would be hunted for years.

Swallowing back the vitriol he felt so strongly, he dipped his head slightly in what he hoped passed for respectful agreement. Even if Daemion hadn't asked, hadn't threatened, he would have gone after Elenoir anyway. Images of blood and death flashed through his mind, unbidden, rosy skin stained by crimson red, vibrant blue dulled and glassy. He scowled.

"I'll go."

AevumEternity

" I know you will," the Duke responded easily," or you know as well as I do what will happen," stifling a yawn, he slowly pushed himself up- bending to scoop up the multi-barreled pistol and turning it over in his hands. He glanced at Allion, blinking slowly.

" The sooner the better, Allion, they are no more then animals." It was clear he wanted the white-haired man out.

TheHopeseeker

Allion smothered the glare he wanted to throw at the man, his gratitude for the repairs done to his arm buried underneath his disgust for the way Daemion acted towards his sister. Pushing himself to a stand, he offered onky a brisk nod before excusing himself from the room silently, limping his way down the stairs to the bloody scene below.

Blowing out a breath, he took a moment to examine the wound in his thigh, the gash finally beginning to slow in its bleeding. He would heal it once he returned to his own tavern, for now, he simply wanted to leave. The smell of blood was rife on the air, stirring at his less human side, riling up the beast that slept soundly for the moment.

Stepping out onto the street, he noted the rain was beginning to ease a little, the moon glowing brightly overhead as he set out back for his tavern. He would return within the hour to pick up the trail of Elenoir's kidnappers.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Tags: