Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stargazing

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2017, 02:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

The General nods shortly, observing his leave, she would have moved to stop him, to take control. Had the Grand Master of the Mordecai not been there. She hung back instead, leaning against the railing as the warm buzz of the wine began to press upon her cranium comfortably. However the woman reacted would perhaps be telltale of much more, so the General hung back, crossing her arms over her chest.

As she observed, she mulled over her time with Zannrick. He was not the most pleasant man in the world, but when he relaxed, he was utterly human. Which was more that could be said for others - it was reassuring. Nonetheless, she hoped to meet him again on similarly relaxed terms though she planned upon doing some digging regarding his relation to the Grand Duke's child. He seemed to hate the child, and her gut only confirmed this suspicion. She only wondered what she would find.... Vaguely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoblinFae

She had only taken a few steps, her gaze searching for another drink-carrying servant when she had to suddenly full-stop as she nearly plowed right into Zannrick. The drop of her given name off his lips caused her to raise a brow in a silent question even as her eyes flashed in warning. There would be no repeating their drunken mistake together nor did she wish to interact with him anymore than necessary. The past would remain firmly buried in the past if she had anything to do with it.

Alanna soon noticed the babe in his arms though and she took a half-step back, her eyes widened in surprise. She had never been a mother; never really had the chance to if she was being honest with herself. As such the mothering instinct did not strike her and instead she found herself more willing to rib Zannrick rather than help him. "You seem to have your hands quite full, Austengarde. I didn't realize that you had been made to stoop so low as to be knighted the official function babysitter. Do they make you change nappies too then?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

How long had it been since he had a private talk with Alanna? Too long, it seemed. His expression soured at her words. Obviously she was not happy to see him. He adjusted the weight of the babe in his arms and once again, yanked Hope's hands from his hair. Why was the child so sticky?

"Careful of your tongue, Grand Master," Zannrick warned, for he, by no means, was afraid of her nor her title. "This is the child that gives us all Hope."
And he couldn't believe even he used such a line, but only now he found use of it to smack it back at Alanna's face. No one, even he, who despised the child's mother, would disgrace the child known as Hope, the one the church so much praised.

"He might not be the guest of honor, but should still be made respected to." Which is why the woman behind him was just about in tears. "And you know my place well enough, Grand Master."

What an off and rude comment!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

AevumEternity

The General winced vaguely, that was the least sort of comment she was expecting. What was with everyone having such a sour tongue upon first meeting another? She made her move, striding forward and clearing her throat, as she quickly swiped a drink from a nearby servant and offered it idly to Alanna while simultaneously glancing toward Sir Austengarde," Sir Austengarde, do not fret-" she chides as lightly as she could, which was rather easy now that she was ever so slightly drunk, not enough to be noticeable alas,"- Allow me to take over, the Grand Duke did order you to enjoy yourself, yes?" She extends a hand idly, invitingly.

She still felt the need to get the child away from him, not to mention from this particular confrontation. Perhaps she should have made her move earlier; but it was too late for wishing to go back now. Briefly she glances at the Grand Master, offering a bright and surprisingly lovely smile. Were it not for the vicious scars upon her dark skin and muscled form, one could have mistaken her for a surprisjgly pleasant noblewoman.

GoblinFae

Alanna snorted softly, not at all offended by Zannrick's remark. He had been there when she first trained. He would always see himself in that role not matter how she climbed through their ranks and made a name for herself. Hearing him use such a corny line only made her shake her head as she fought not to laugh aloud.

"You misunderstand me then Austengarde and take me for a cotton-headed fool. I would never disrespect or slander an innocent child, especially not Connlaoth's Hope." She smiled as the child gurgled and despite Zannrick's best efforts latched onto his hair again. Hope certainly knew how to push all of the man's buttons even better than Alanna did.

The Grand Master was saved for saying more though as General Kilandre popped in and supplied her with a drink, much to Alanna's amusement. She accepted it easily with a slight tilt of her head in greeting but otherwise held her tongue as the other woman attempted to intervene.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

"Unfortunately, my ladies, I must part for the moment. Above all else, I've been sworn to the Grand Duke's aid, and knowingly, the child's fate is with me." He did nod politely to Hakon, even at her offer to help. But this was his affair. He'd dealt with this child on too many occasions and it was not for .. outsiders to pry into the truth lying behind the walls. No, he'd take the child to it's mother, scold her, condemn the servant and return to the party in a flash. It wouldn't do well if he remained absent for too long. Besides, it would do equally worse if Calent knew Hope was out here, in the public's eye.

He moved to relinquish the child's hold on his hair again as he turned to the Grand Master once more. Her reply had soured him again, even though he tried to displace her comment elsewhere. He wouldn't dignify that with a response.

He nodded to the women before taking his leave.
"I do hope you both enjoy the evening."
And he was gone.

OOC: Exit Zannrick to a private thread found here.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

AevumEternity

As he departed, the General offers a slight bow of her head, another platinum lock springing free of the ornate braid that swaddled her head like a crown before straightening again, observing the man's back until he disappeared. She would know. One way or another.

Nonetheless, the General turns her attention fully upon Alanna Mercer. Taking her in now- tearing her apart cell by cell to examine her worth of taking Hakon's former mentor's place. Idly, the young woman tilts her head to one side, offering a wry smile,"... What should one make of such a situation, Grand Master Mercer, I wonder?" She wonders aloud, tilting an eyebrow. She was not only asking this question for irony's sake but also to gauge her counterpart's reaction. As of now, as of the death of the Grand Duchess and their daughter's young age, both her and Alanna Mercer were the most powerful women in Connlaoth. It was only right... They should converse even for a moment.

GoblinFae

Alanna eyed Zannrick's departure darkly. Her anger with him had been harsher than she had meant it to be. The sight of him with a baby in his arms though had invoked a buried emotion she had long since forgotten existed. She was quickly drawn from her dark looks and darker thoughts by the general's comments.

"Nothing at all, General Kilandre. It is not our place to do so, after all," she intoned softly. Whatever her thoughts might be, Alanna was not about to voice them aloud and in such a public place. Instead, she then took a sip of the wine Hakon had given her and nodded her head again in acknowledgement of it. "Thank you for this."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

AevumEternity

Offering a wry smile, admittedly rather pleased with the cryptic answer, the General shrugs gently in response. Idly cradling an elbow as she pressed one hand thoughtfully to her cheek," Of course, it seemed like a good way to offer not only a pleasant buzz but an excuse to end-" she waves her hand, as if picking the correct word from the air,"- any relative tension." Her bright hazel-grey eyes flicker once as she looks toward the palace before focusing back on the Grand Master.

" Well, I do hope you will indulge me in some idle chatter, Grand Master Mercer - I am quite intrigued by your sudden appointment and you yourself," she quirks an eyebrow with a half-smile," It's a shame I did not know you sooner,"

GoblinFae

The Grand Master observed the General stoically. She hated idle chit-chat as much as she hated having to go through the farce of a pompous ceremony. Alanna hummed deeply while drinking more. "It's true I suppose that Adhara and Mordecai do not often work or train in the same social circles. I'm sure that accounts for it," she stated, her eyes glancing about slightly to take in the other guests in the room. Once a soldier, always a soldier, Alanna would not be caught unawares again. Zannrick had ensured that she needed to be more vigilant now.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

AevumEternity

Shrugging faintly, the General's fingers curled upon her cheek- the smallest twitch of her lips, her eyes- was she annoyed already? Hm- Hakon smiled wryly," I must say I've heard nothing of your service to Connlaoth-" she may as well get the big question out of the way,"- and though I trust the Grand Duke to appoint someone of skill and value to such a position, what is your own... Opinion of your experience?" She inquires idly, gently beckoning forth a Servant, murmuring her thanks as she was given another glass of the white Wine.

In most settings, Hakon was sure her question would be met with scalding retortment, but if the Grand Master answered steadily, perhaps there was some hope.

GoblinFae

Alanna's eyes flashed steely in warning. Hakon may have been a General and they both may have belonged to different factions but Alanna still outranked her. She was not one to take an insult laying down either. If it were not for their current setting then the Grand Master would have most assuredly given the other woman a piece of her mind, barking in the same manner she did her own soldiers.

Instead, she placed the half-finished glass of wine on a passing servant's tray and turned to face Hakon head on. "If you have not heard of me Hakon Kilandre then clearly you have not been paying attention," she replied lowly. "I have fought in this war for ten years now, same as you. I was with the Mordecai for ten more before that," she continued, speaking in a completely level tone as if speaking to an old friend. "I married a Mordecai and he died six years ago on the battlefield. I trained under Zannrick Austengarde. I even earned myself the nickname "The Lioness." So if you have not heard of me then perhaps that is of your own ignorance for I most certainly have heard of you and the men you've lost, General."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

AevumEternity

Beautiful. Just as she expected, but perhaps with more blatant insult. Idly, she brought the glass to her lips, taking a small sip,"... If you can save everyone in every battle you have participated in, then I shall bow to you now and kiss the ground you walk on for the rest of your days," she answers cooly," I have personally lost, yes, but to say I have lost overall is quite the reach, Grand Master. But men and woman, combatants and civilians are always lost in war; but that is why it is called War. Nicknames and rumors can be no more smoke and mirrors then the illusions of power so many often delude themselves with." Truth be told, she was somewhat appalled the self-proclaimed Lioness would bring up the loss of life. War was all about killing as many combatants as possible- she lost men all the time, but so had the enemy.

Another sip, she gazed unblinking at the woman, her hazel-grey eyes offering no emotion but for the half-smile the quirked her lips," I have been listening, never fret; my eyes and ears are fully open to you. Many ask the question, I only seek a decisive answer, it was the same when I rose to my rank," turning her head slightly toward the palace, she swirled the white wine about in its chalice, blinking slowly. Her stance was akin to a parade rest, and yet, held a casual air about it," All many know of you is that your husband was a man of prominence and soldier at that, some will accuse you of gaining this position solely through the use of womanly charms-" her gaze slid back to the Grand Master, the woman was older then her, and yet..."- I would like to see you prove them otherwise. Which is why I ask of your experience," Her voice held sympathy, yet it seemed guarded, she had been answered with a rather vicious jab and thus... Found it increasingly difficult to empathize with her counterpart. Another sip, her gaze level and utterly unmoved by the Grand Master's outburst. Whatever the General was thinking, it was truly unreadable upon her face.

" I would prefer to ask the woman in the center of all this rather then go off the words of another." Instinctively, she hoped that the Grand Master would cool and realize that her words were not out of spite but concern, curiosity. But perhaps, in this day and age, it was too much to hope for.

Draconian

After her less than great reception on that little field just there, Adalia had wandered the halls, picked up a few glasses of far too sweet wine from the servants and had found herself with quite the buzz, a decent flush and a bit of a sore ego. The looks she'd gotten from the people were disgusted at best. A servant even gave her a once over and couldn't hide the little sneer.

Adalia was under no illusion as to why she wasn't wanted here.

It still sucked though and she gave a slow walk towards the veranda.

Ah. More wine!

A small hum and she took an oddly half empty glass from a servant on his way by and knocked it back very much unladylike before she put the empty glass on the dumbfounded servants platter. Little did she know, it was the Grand Master's left behind glass. If Adalia knew she'd insist on being friends.

Adalia's jade green eyes lit up when she saw the blonde woman from the field below and she brightened considerably.  "Ah!" She started, making her way over, making sure her gloves were set above her elbows. Of course she overheard. Were they fighting? Quiet cat fight? Didn't the blonde one just give her a hard time about something-something Connlaothian Women? Adalia squinted and stood off to the side, looking between the two and listened - eavesdropping didn't count if you were obvious right?

The way the light played on her hair, changing it from blue to green to pink it made Adalia quite obvious. Of course, her head perked up when she hear'd the tall blonde one say 'prominence'. Ooo, maybe she'd read about her husband! Then again... Adalia looked the woman up and down. Full armour at a party. She looked familiar though.

"Womanly charms?" Adalia laughed from off to the side, taking another glass of wine from a passing servant, "I think that would require womanly features," a smirk into her glass and she took a sip before she looked Hakon over. Ah.... Was that a tear by her neck? A shift of her weight so she was resting on one leg, her dress giving her a curvy silhouette and she nodded to the blonde woman. "I'm sure you have those in abundance, don't you? I see that little rip there from your event with Sir Austengarde. You look flushed my dear, did you two go hide behind a bush? I can see why, he's quite handsome."

A glance to the armored woman again and ... Oh.

"I apologize," She stated to the woman in armor, sobering a little, blinking widely before she smiled. Wide and big and obviously a little drunk from all the alcohol, "I didn't recognize you. I've tried to read up on all the politics going on in your country. Mordecai and Adhara still escape me as a concept - I'm sure you understand why - Just... I heard her mention your husband was a man of prominence?" Adalia leaned in slightly, blinking, "Have I read about him? Would I have? My cousin was a High Lord in Serendipity so I'd... Never had to keep up with these things like I do here. That was all his job."

Adalia perked again and she smiled to Hakon- there was much to learn after all! "And you? Is your husband prominent? I'm still trying to catch up on all this Being a Duchess business and I'm just... So very confused as to how being a woman works in this country."

GoblinFae

Alanna could not believe the words she was hearing come pouring out of Hakon's mouth. Rumors were one thing but all but accusing Alanna of having no merit or accomplishments of her own was a completely different matter entirely. It was nevertheless amusing though how the other woman could dare insinuate that Alanna of all people could gain rank by tumbling between a man's sheets.

She was saved from answering though as the pair were interrupted by a third, far more inebriated woman. Alanna lifted a brow in amusement as she watched the pair before her. The slight insult cast her way bounced off her easily as it was one she happened to agree with. Alanna had never been meant for the finer life of nobles. There was nothing truly feminine about her.

To make matters even more amusing, the newcomer was accusing Hakon of having her own little romp with Zannrick. Alanna politely coughed into her fist, clearing her throat. "No harm done Duchess Draven and congratulations on your wedding. May it be a blessed union," she stated with a bob of her head.

"To answer your question though, I am afraid I don't quite understand what General Kilandre meant about my husband. Perhaps she can better enlighten you though." Alanna returned her gaze once more to Hakon, all but demanding that the woman explain herself plainly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

AevumEternity

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Uh... Mmm... One more.

God.
Dammit.
(^-me in a nut shell-^)

Hakon could almost feel the waves of hostility flowing off her counterpart, perhaps she should just cut her own tongue out and be on her way. But to be a General one needed to speak. Hmph... Dammit. At the appearance of the duchess, at this point, the wine was hitting her and all she could do was laugh, touching the rather deep and vicious scars upon her shoulders," If any man things the canyons in my skin are remotely attractive then I commend them for being utterly blind," she answers, between sputtering laughs. Resting a hand over her mouth she shook her head and chuckles," The Grand Master will tell you, if I did in fact wrestle with him in the bushes, then I must have done an extremely foul job of it." She was now stifling laughter so much her eyes were nearly tearing up- alas, regaining her composure, she takes a breath, a sip and runs a hand through her hair.

" Truly I need to simply shut my mouth and keep to the field, speaking like this will far more likely the death of me," Flashing an apologetic smile she answers," Your husband; know people are proud of him, that is why they will look upon you with such viciousness." Furrowing her brow at the question of her own marital status, her smile fades before coming back - much more forced. Her stance itself seemed to wither," Once I was engaged to be married but- he was struck down in the line of duty a year ago tonight," she forces her smile to be particularly merry, though it made her mood curdle like old milk," But that is enough of me. I'm obviously here to interrogate the Grand Master-"

As she relaxed, the alcohol shifting through her system at full speed now, she shrugs gently, offering Alanna another apologetic smile,"- and I can tell I've been torturing you quite well. Forgive me, I am used to much... Simpler speech, as you can probably tell." Rolling her shoulders, her mind returned to the frontlines, where her men would be around fires, laughing, drinking, talking shit and all but eating it too. She missed her brothers, but she was a General - associating with them now would be uncouth... But uncouth she would be then, damn the consequences. God- she missed her brothers and sisters in arms, were they alright? How many were left alive? How horrible it would be... To die with the end in sight.

Draconian

Nope, not enlightened.

Adalia looked between the pair of women. Rivals? A slight squint at them and she pressed the back of her hand against her cheek. It was numb - her cheek - and Adalia stared at her hand for a moment. A quick glance when the talking resumed.

It was unnerving that most people knew she was 'Duchess Draven' or 'Duchess of Highheart,' but she supposed it wasn't an every day - or every decade - thing that nobility from Serendipity got married into a duchy. "Adalia," she said simply, "Just Adalia and," she nodded to Hakon, "I've met a few men in my time who can appreciate scars." She gave a wink and wiggled her gloved fingers in front of herself.

Though, the conversation turned back to dead significant others. A purse of her lips, "At least you two got to choose - Though, Edward is significantly well endowed and he's such a sweetheart. I'm amazed the man survives politic-anything." A sigh and she realized she was talking and looked up, flushed.

"Anyway, My Dears you-" Adalia pointed to the chest of Alanna's armour, "you have baby smudges on your armour," she thoughtlesly removed her glove, licked her thumb and wiped away the smudges with the loose bit of fabric. "Better. Guest of honor should be baby-smudge free, you're welcome." Adalia smiled and rested her hands on her hips. Though if was quite clear then why she wore the gloves.

From finger tip to midarm were burn scars and Adalia was so full of drink she barely noticed her scarred arm was naked.

GoblinFae

"Perhaps you should have another drink then," she stated to Hakon with a slight smirk. Alanna decided against saying more. Talk of husbands and husbands-to-be and death was positively not the kind of talk appropriate at a celebratory ball. "Perhaps we should change the subject though. Us bitter women will present a poor example for our newly married Duchess."

The Grand Master looked to the Duchess in unbridled amusement. The endowment of the Duke of Highheart was definitely not something Alanna wanted to know about but it was silly nevertheless. Her amusement did not last long though as Adalia suddenly set upon her person and began cleaning off her armor. Ever the soldier, Alanna tensed in surprise, only relaxing once the woman had stopped and retreated

She had not realized that the young babe had even touched her, let alone left sticky fingerprints everywhere. A twinge of melancholy that she buried under disgust swept through her, making her sigh heavily. "Thank you," she began and nodded her head in thanks, "Duchess Adalia." Alanna was surprised to notice the scars running along the woman's arm but refrained from commenting. Between herself and Hakon they certainly had enough of their own to warrant a form of polite ignorance to them. The Duchess's stories were her own to tell and in a time when she was ready. If she chose to wear gloves to hide them, then she most likely was not ready.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

AevumEternity

" 'A poor example'?" She chuckles softly, echoing the Grand Master's words," Well- that depends upon if she wants to keep her husband for long or not," she jokes, though rather darkly. Nonetheless, she flashes a smile as she observes and quirks an eyebrow gently at the scene, it was like watching a mother fuss over her child- and in her inebriated state, it was surprisingly heart warming. Taking another small sip of wine, a soft voice in the back of her mind telling her to slow down, she offers a small smile.

" As for your question regarding Mordecai and Adhara, Duchess- Mordecai possess a psionic aura that can negate magic to a particular extent in radius' up to several miles while occurring in both males and females. In retrospects, Adhara's cast a similar field but it is much more powerful and small - it can negate all magics but for divines' and can be anywhere between several feet and a mile as well as only occur and females. It's a strange thing, really," she chortles vaguely, shaking her head," I am unsure if I currently have the cognitive skills to elaborate any more at this moment but if need be I can try,"

Draconian

Did she want to keep her husband?

"He doesn't seem to hate me for being what i am," Adalia idly commented, "I think I'll keep him." A longing look at a passing glass and... no. This wine was far stronger than any old wine she'd had before. Was it because it was colder up here? They were more hardy so they had to drink more?

"Adalia, please," she insisted again. Duchess. Was that all she was now? Probably. "Just" a Duchess. It felt like rocks attached to her neck and she hated how it weighed her down. Gone were her days of adventuring. Now she wad expected to make little heirs. Adalia looked to Hakon, blinking owlishly.

Then she smiled.

A long look at her hand before she flushed and pulled her gloves on - when had that happened? "I see. Sounds like a curse to me," she flexed her fingers, "though i suppose you would consider me cursed.  Interesting is it not?" A sigh and she smiled to the pair, "I was a mageknight in Serendipity," she said simply, "But I don't think I could imagine being a soldier here." That and she wasn't patriotic in the  least - towards her new home at least.

One last smile at the pair and she reached to Hakon's hair, having not noticed just how light it was, "another easy colour to pick out. I swear. I couldn't find my husband at our wedding reception because everyone here had such plain hair," she gave a grimacing smile to Alanna, "no offence."

Tags: