Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stargazing

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2017, 02:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He was most excited for this event. Now only did he get a chance to show off his new wife at the appreciation of the Grand Master mordecai's party, but it was the perfect chance for his wife to see Connlaoth's military at it's finest- without every having to step out onto the battle field. Such a bloody business was no place for a fair lady, even though he was still very much naive to how her life had once been lead. Sure, she had spoken of it, but it was something difficult to fully comprehend for a man such as Duke Edward Draven.

On this day he wore the colors of Highheart, brilliant, royal blues mixed with golden accents. He even went so far as to tie his dark blonde hair back in a blue ribbon his daughter Britta had helped fashion for him. He always kept her nearby, even though she was not present at this event (as no child ever was), but she was always in his heart and mind. His daughter was his world and....
He was hoping to create a new love, a new life together with Adalia.

Trouble was, where had she gone? He had hoped to meet her on the dance floor but after a few fumbling dances with others, he realized she was not presently in the ballroom so he tried his luck on the veranda, for he was in much need of a glass of wine.

ANd once one was procured, he took merely a sip of it before he easily spotted Adalia's shimmering, opal colored hair. With the exuberance normally associated with a young lover, he quickly made his way to his wife's side and was all smiles and blushes.

"Ah, there you are. I was hoping to have found you on the dance floor," he told Adalia, before turning his attention to none other than General Kilandre and Alanna Mercer- the newly appointed Grand Master, of all people! His smile could not be erased, and in fact, grew larger as his bow grew deeper.

"My ladies, I hope my wife isn't keeping you too much for herself. But I am quite elated to see you all getting along so well." Little did he know there was a bit of a stiff atmosphere. But Edward was always too sweet to see such things- or maybe even believe them at times.

"But congratulations are in order, Grand  master," he went on, bowing, which was probably excessive at this point, but who was he to care or count? His grin was sincere as he looked at Alanna with starry eyes. "I bet you are quite proud and over the moon for this day."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

"And congratulations to you, Duke Draven," Alanna replied, bowing back in turn. "As I was just saying to your wife, may your marriage be a bright and blessed one." She smiled softly, doing her best to contain her amusement as the man Adalia had just been praising for his skills in the bedroom made a grand appearance before them all. "As for myself I can only hope to do our great country proud."

She was careful of her answers as Alanna was not one to brag or toot her own horn. She much rather let her actions speak louder than her words. The issue with that was that in a ballroom unlike on a battlefield there really was nowhere to showcase one's skills. "I hope you can forgive us from stealing your wife away, sir. She has been a...refreshing change to converse with."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

AevumEternity

The General tilts her head toward the man, the first thing upon her mind was 'squishy'. This man was squishy. Perhaps not in bodily structure but his face instantly drew up flags of naivety and innocence, what an incredible difference between him and the Duke of Vythe. Ah- it was a shame his wife seemed so unhappy while he seemed utterly overjoyed. Ugh- why were relations so incredibly complicated?

Stifling drunken retort, the General tilts her head back, hoping to clear her mind ever so slightly as she hums," Hmm- yes, Congratulations. May you both live past the age of 40 and have a minimum of four children," she chirps idly, though unable to stop her next question, she tilts her head to one side," Though if I may- how did you to come to be married?" She stopped herself before continuing. Having a half-elf duchess was likely an endeavor that displeased the church, as elves were considered magical creatures in and of themselves. Not to mention what the populous likely though- oh dear- well at least she didn't say it aloud, she had had enough verbal slips for one night!

Draconian

Adalia's lower lip was poking out and she was slowly bringing her hand to her mouth to poke at it, listening idly before a voice made her head jerk and she looked with wide eyes towards... "Edward!" she brightened slightly, flushed and a little wobbly. Like it was a surprise. Who would have thought! Meeting her husband at a ball like this. Adalia moved closer to Edward and curled her arm around his and pressed her cheek to his arm. Her face was warm from drink and she gave the soliders -ladies - a small smile.

Though she smirked, "Only Forty?" She gave a low whistle, "We better start fast if we're going to have four children before you're forty," She nudged Edward in the side and winked at Hakon before she tilted her head at her other question. Self-consciously, Adalia's gloved hand moved up to her head, a finger tracing over the delicate point of her ear that gave note to her less than completely human heritage, before she tried to subtly pull her opal hair to cover some of her ear.

"Ah, it was an arrangement," She said. Why bother lying? They hadn't chosen one another but there were far worse people she could have ended up with - Far worse people Edward could have ended up with. "By marrying me, Highheart has ties to Jadenshine in Serendipity. It was arranged by Grand Duke Calent as a... Way of extending a hand of friendship, I suppose? Poor Edward here was the only eligible bachelor available for such a plan -- Or at least the only one my father was willing to negotiate for." Though she knew it was for coin. Always for coin. Always as a way of gaining more and Adalia and Edward got to suffer for it.

Well, maybe not suffer.

But she knew she made him uncomfortable with her abilities and Adalia looked between the small group, smiling at the two soldiers, missing for just a moment, the ability to choose what she wanted to do. But did these women have a choice? They weren't really women anymore. Not being mordecai and adhara. Adalia tucked her face against Edwards shoulder - Connlaoth was an odd place.

visualspice

Edward was all smiles, to both the Grand Master and General. But as his drunken wife went on (and it was only as she began to speak and cling to him that he realized just how drunk she truly was), he kept a firm arm wrapped around her to keep her close and blushed on behalf of both.

"That story is mostly true," he admitted, nodding towards the other ladies. "As a Duke, it would be unfit to remain unwed. And with Serendipity being, as well Serendipity is, and as Connlaoth is it's norther neighbor, it was only fit to see some sort of union and well... That is how it mostly began." And that was.. far too awkward of an explanation to roll off of his tongue. He cleared his throat and sipped at his drink, looking down at Adalia and patting her on the shoulder.

"When we are finished conversing here, I'd love to share a dance with you," he spoke softly, soothingly to her before casting a sheepish smile towards the two military women before him.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

A dance?

That sobered Adalia some and she tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear before looking at Edward with a flush. He wanted to dance? With her? The two warrior women were forgotten - little blips on her radar. A quick glance to them, the crackle of angry energy she could taste on her tongue.

"I think we're done," she said simply, moving her hand down his arm to thread their fingers together. A polite nod to the soldiers and she moved away, tugging at Edwards arm impatiently. Finding she quite enjoyed the feel of his hands on her. "Dance with me," she breathed out, cheeks flush from drink, dragging him away from mid-conversation.

-exit adalia and Edward to constellations-

Tags: