Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Catch A Falling Star

Started by visualspice, May 14, 2017, 03:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Jounin !

The Grand Duke kept his regent close at hand, curious at how his 'hound' was doing, but knowing full well the place was well guarded. Having not seen Zannrick in sometime made him feel strange. But he was glad to have finally given the order for Sir Austengarde to enjoy himself that night.

For now, however, August was his main focus- for he needed to talk to him about a pressing matter over the duchy of Ahjfeld. He gestured and made his way elsewhere to a private study, so the pair could converse over one of the guests he had noted attended the ball.

"This meeting must be brief, as I can't remain away from the celebration for long." It was a short event as it were. "But as we've spoken over on numerous times... Ahjfeld.. being leaderless like this is making the place all the more vulnerable to the Turgall army to come in and stake a claim; and also for many magic favoring parties to establish their own rules. Strictly speaking, we have a mordecai present, one with a reputable background and a castle that's barely staying it's ground. Toma Stark, to be precise. I'd like him sought out, and brought to me. I think he'd be the right candidate to assume the throne in Ahjfeld. Having a mordecai there, and one already involved and understanding of the war, would set the right message and establish a practical leadership, and hopefully a quick one. He himself, is well known and respected in Ahjfeld and among the other nobility, he is by far the most qualified and honorable and most deserving of such a proposal."

It was here he paused and observed his regent most carefully.
"But I'd like your input, since this was something only lightly discussed before. But I believe now would be the time to act. Naturally, I am asking for your opinion and of course, your approval as well."

Naturally, he did not need it. But he respected August enough to wish it of him. If he ignored his regent's advice, what wouldbe the point of him? And he trusted him- well enough, as it were.

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Jounin64

As August followed the Grand Duke to the study, he was bubbling with giddiness. This meant a break from the droll amusement of opportunist dukes, but more importantly, this meant they were about to do one of his favorite activities...plot power plays.

Calent recapped him on the situation in Ahjfeld. Ooh, this will be a good one. August thought to himself as the Grand Duke went on. Once Toma was mentioned, the regent perked up a little bit. He has heard of the Stark family, more importantly on the interesting stance the two eldest siblings have taken. Toma being the chivalrous mordecai, loyal to the crown, and that blasted rebellious sister of his, Petrin, who's loyalty is most defiantly not where it should be.

As Calent paused, August stroked his mask clad chin, and bore a toothy smile under it. By the time his advice was asked for, Agust already had something in store.

"Hmm, I do believe he is suitable for the role, and I can most defiantly bring him to you, but let us not waste his potential. He is a military man, yes?  Then what is a bigger statement then turning Ahjfeld into a militant duchy. We have to show the mages that we will not stand for their shameful opportunism. Toma should come with a handful of other mordecai to ensure that there are no pesky mages in hiding, oh and you should press the idea of marshall law on him. That is usually the fastest way to snuff out the rebels."

visualspice

Calent thought over the presented idea with a nod.
"It might not even be a bad idea to send him with the new Grand Master, when she is ready," he mused. "But.. I have a feeling we'll have to engage him on his sister and if his loyalties are truly to this country, he might have to deal with his own sister hanging for treason." A fact of which he could not ignore. But what else was to be done with her?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Jounin64

August chuckled far to gleefully for the current discussion.

"Well we could have him execute her, but that could fill his heart with regret, or even worse, vengeance. We could also have him imprison her, but the poison of her words may infect his mind, believe, that's what I did for a living. Maybe have him deliver her for trial? Seems like the best option, but if we really want to delve in the unorthodox and near barbarism, we could have him cut her impudent tongue out. The choice is yours though of course, these are just some suggestions."

visualspice

Calent nodded.
"A trial would make the most sense. But we already know what the sentence would be. Even still, the law is the law. It would do no good to abandon it now. It is what we're fighting to preserve."
Even still, politics was a complicated game to play. And a dangerous one.

"She could be made an example of. Or, like the current path of General Mordeth.... she could be placed on a path of redemption if it were more suitable." It would be a tragedy to lose more to this war than necessary. And Ahjfeld had already suffered greatly than most duchies. It was land torn up by the war. Although that's how wars tended to go. He supposed he should be grateful no other duchies suffered as much as it had.

It would have been more appropriate Turgall should suffer so. But that was for another day. He still had to figure out what he wished to do with that rebelling duchy who was too close for comfort- and with most of it's men on foot and in the army following their Duke...
Turgall was vulnerable. But he knew even conquering Turgall would do little to stop Blaith Harmond...
He was, after all, now in alliance with Orchy, and Turgall's boarders were getting thicker in it's defense by the day. He should have sent an army in sooner. But even he knew the importance of Turgallian lands.

"Perhaps if his sister gets redeemed, we can marry her off. Or submit her to the church." She was rumored to be a mage, after all. One of the storms...
He frowned at this idea. It would be safest to have her dead- or under mordecai supervision.

Jounin64

"Hmm." August clicked his tongue in thought. There were so many possibilities in this, and devising only brought mirth for the advisor, albeit, there was still a social scene for him to control. "Yes, we will know the sentence, because we'll get our way while making it seem lawful."

August paused to let this vague suggestion settle in. "What if her sentence is to submit her to the church, but have a mordecai to travel wherever deemed necessary. She'll get that redemption path, won't cause any harm, and you'll look like a just and sensible ruler. Sounds delightful, does it not?"

visualspice

Calent frowned at the notion.
"That is to say if the woman, who is already rebelling, would submit herself." From what he's heard, it didn't seem like she was the type of woman to just bend over. But it would be ideal. "I suppose that is what can be proposed. And if she does, fair enough. If not, then she's chosen her own fate."

Jounin64

August let out a morose sigh.
"Oh I hate the stubborn ones, they take out all the fun, but yes, I must agree. Resistance will have consequences. We're being quite merciful with this option, so if she desires to be an ungrateful brat, then as you've said, she's chosen her fate."

The regent adjusted his mask before speaking once more. "Now that we have that settled, do you wish me to fetch for a certain mordecai, and begin turning  the wheel to secure Ahjifeld?"

Tags: