Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Flower Power [Goblin]

Started by Juno, August 09, 2017, 08:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Ko'sah had lifted his head sharply at the sound of the stall door falling slightly ajar once Petal had fled. Her cry had tugged at his heart and he felt terribly guilty for upsetting her, but he also still burned with a rage that frightened him over her gesture. For a long moment he held his breath, certain she or one of the stable hands would come quickly to lock him back up, but it didn't happen. There was some commotion happening at the barn doors over her quick escape and he hoped it might have been enough of a distraction.

He stepped forward slowly, reaching out to gently inch the door closed again so that they might not suspect it was unlocked if anyone walked by. The centaur spent the better part of his afternoon yanking at his chains, contorting himself to try to kick at the links attached to his shackles. Eventually he'd weakened it enough to pull his arms free, though the metal bands at his wrists remained. The ones attached to his forelegs were also broken in short order with a sense of urgency spurring him on at his first sign of freedom in ages.

Several hours after Petal had left him Ko'sah was finally nudging the door open and stepping out into the aisle, his whole body trembling in nervous anticipation as his hooves clicked dully against the floor. He didn't see any of the hands lingering so he made a bolt for the open doors leading out to the rear pastures.

Fresh air flooded his lungs, the sensation felt so good but he'd had no time to stop and savor it. The stable hands that were filling water buckets at the well turned to catch sight of the tall centaur, his all-black coat standing out in broad daylight. There were shouts of panic calling after him as their work was abandoned and horses were saddled quickly to give chase.

He'd easily hopped the pasture fence, bolting in a full-on gallop towards the perimeter fence with a guilt-filled look towards the house he hadn't seen properly in years. It stood so tranquil against the open countryside and the view reminded him again of Petal's warmth and kindness. The guilt stung, growing heavy in his chest as he neared the fence at the back of his master's property. Another attempt at freedom was right there but he'd slowed and then skidded to a stop as the thought of the "monster" punishing his pregnant wife for letting him free crossed his mind.

Heart pounding in his chest he cast a nervous, wild look over his shoulder at the approaching group on horseback. They looked just as perplexed as he felt conflicted over how quickly he'd stopped running. In times past he'd had to be chased to exhaustion all through the woods and pastures for nearly a day before they'd been able to catch up to him.

Without hesitation or questioning several ropes were secured around his torso, arms, and throat. The men were eager to get him back to the barn and Ko'sah went numbly, giving no resistance as he labored to catch his breath through tears and the emotional trembling that still wracked his body. No, he couldn't forgive himself if Petal suffered any more because of him. Despite his frustrations she had made kind gestures to him regularly that seemed so genuine. He wanted to believe in them, even if all it ever brought him was momentary joy and good memories to savor.

He'd been returned to his stall without any further fuss, walking along as obediently as a dog and standing still for them to secure new, heavier chains to his shackles. There were mutterings about informing his master while the ropes were removed and his door was securely locked once more. He grimaced at the thought of that evil man paying him another visit, but if that might spare Petal any poor treatment he would gladly take whatever was to come.

Surprisingly dinner was brought to him as usual and then breakfast the next morning as well. He almost wondered if the stable hands had decided against telling the vampire anything had happened at all.

When Petal arrived not long after with more knitting to work on he could only stand still in shock, watching her warily as she sat with her eyes down. There were no angry words, just a clear sadness hanging over her as she worked and said nothing. The familiar hand of guilt gripped his heart as he realized how truly genuine she must have been that whole time. Hanging his head to escape looking at her did nothing to help, though, as he was reminded of what he'd done with the tattered pieces of the green blanket strewn among the straw on the floor.

Ko'sah wasn't sure what to say or what he could even offer her in apology for all the trouble he'd caused her. He wanted to explain that he was afraid and angry, make her see that he was frustrated with his lot in life and not necessarily at her. Her kindnesses had only reminded him so clearly of it the previous day.

He had no time to try to form the words, though. Silence descended upon the stable as Akakios had stepped inside. The centaur had a feeling but couldn't quite make him out until he'd stood before his stall, stopping just beside Petal's seat on the bales of hay. It had always unnerved him how the man never aged, his pristine appearance so unblemished as he looked him over with a critical eye.

Ko'sah's nostrils flared, chin raising slightly in challenge as he stepped forward with a snarl. The links of his chains ground together noisily as he strained against his shackles, putting himself right up against the door without fear. He would not be intimidated and he would not stand idly if the vampire had come to bother, upset, or harm his wife as she sat before him.

Fire burned in his eyes as he stared down at Akakios, but eventually the vampire's expression gave way to something that looked of...concern? His eyes had softened, his hands folding together pensively as he peered into the stall before looking at his wife with a frown. His eyes had lingered on her belly for a few moments before he stepped away to kneel beside her and whisper at her ear things he couldn't quite make out himself. Still Ko'sah stood as protectively as he could muster, his chest heaving with labored breaths as he glowered down at him. He would not allow her to be harmed even if it meant breaking apart the entire stall to stop him.

"Please be careful. Please think of the baby. He barely speaks and he's dangerous," Akakios had murmured gently to his wife, hoping he could make her see reason through her compassionate heart. He had no idea how much time she'd been spending with him or the things they'd talked about, but it had been whispered about the house that she had set him free on purpose. Given the damage that had been done to his bonds the vampire doubted it had entirely been purposeful if it had truly been her doing. He did not understand why she sat near him or how long she'd been going to the stables to visit but he could only assume his wife had been trying to break through to the centaur when he'd escaped.

GoblinFae

Ladybird knew the moment her husband made an appearance in the stables. The silence that always followed in his wake was the only tell she needed. She remained silent as well though as she ignored him and continued on with her knitting. If he had come to berate her then she was ready for a fight. If he had come to harm Ko'sah though then Akakios would not recognize  the fury in his petite and precious wife.

Her eyes slid over to him as her hands stilled at his words. For several moments Ladybird simply stared, her expression clearly one of displeasure. While she appreciated his care and attention towards her, she still wished that it extended in part to others as well.

"He speaks plenty if you but take the time to listen," the woman replied finally, her voice clear and strong. She had nothing to hide. If Akakios was ashamed and wished to talk in whispers then that was on him. Ladybird had done enough to harm Ko'sah. He deserved to hear the truth, to hear how she truly felt. She owed him that at the very least.

She sighed softly before reaching out a hand to cup Akakios's cheek. "I am disappointed in you, my love. Did you truly think I would not find out? That I would be pleased with this?" She looked at him as if the words were tearing her apart inside, in truth they were. She ached knowing that this beautiful creature was a caged and boxed pet meant to be on display and nothing more than a living trophy for all to see.

"When I married you, I made it very clear how I felt about slavery and your treatment of the people that ran your house. This hurts me more. He is a beautiful and intelligent sentient creature that you have tethered up like a stray dog. Akakios when I first met him he was starving. He isn't even allowed to run or leave his stall! How is that right?"

Tears flooded her eyes as her heart tore and her hormones waged war against her. Sniffling and with quivering lips, she struggled to remain strong and resolute. "This cannot continue, Akakios. I will not stand by to see you and your staff treat him or any creature like him as less than what they are. He is a person, not some animal. He has no less worth than you or me.

"Akakios you know I love you more than words could ever say but, is this how you want to raise our child? Is this what you want to teach her? To teach him? I can't. I won't stand by and accept this. Please, my love don't make me do it." Her other hand reached up to hold his face as she leaned towards him, her gaze watery with unshed tears. "I don't want to resent you when I love you so much. Please?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Conflict gripped in the vampire's chest, his eyes taking on the darker look of shame to realize how much it all affected her. While he didn't visit often he'd kept the centaur for more than Petal's own lifetime and he wasn't entirely comfortable with what she was asking. If he released him he would surely run as he had the previous day, though he had not been informed of the fact that the centaur had stopped short of leaving his lands and had also not resisted being captured again.

Yet he knew how she felt about the subject very well, always showing him why he should relax his rules and strictness and reward desirable behavior. But the centaur was different, he did nothing to give him monetary value to the vampire aside from his existence on his property.

With a heavy sigh Akakios gently squeezed at her shoulder and tilted his head to press a soft kiss to her cheek before he slipped away from her hands to stand again, seeing no reason to whisper if she wanted Ko'sah to hear their conversation. "We will discuss this further, I would like to hear your thoughts more. At the house," he said pointedly, knowing that the particulars of their arrangements were not really the centaur's concern and he needed privacy and calm to fully explain to her why he was kept caged in the way that he was. If she felt there was something that could be done to improve his quality of life, though, he would certainly hear her out if there was a way of doing so without entirely releasing his stolen creature.

With a final look at Ko'sah standing tall and posturing so protectively Akakios left them peacefully, quietly making his way back outside. The centaur didn't begin to relax until the man was entirely out of view, his eyes focusing entirely on Petal once more with a dark look of concern hanging over him. As much as he admired her strength he didn't like the idea of her sticking her neck out for him, especially to her husband that controlled his fate.

"You didn't need to do that. Please do not endanger yourself for my sake," he murmured, feeling further shame to realize how protective she was of him and to know she felt so strongly about his situation that she would scold her husband for his living conditions. "They do not starve me, but there have been days where meals are forgotten. I do not think that is his doing, though," Ko'sah told her honestly, not wanting her to be unnecessarily bitter towards her husband. There were many things he could not refute about his treatment, but it was not torture by any means.

GoblinFae

She stared at the man she called husband firmly as he stood and bade her continue their discussion elsewhere. For several moments she did not move nor speak until at last she nodded her head in agreement. "Tonight then. I wish to stay here longer. I find it peaceful," Ladybird told him before he left her alone in the stables again with the centaur.

The woman had resumed her knitting again when Ko'sah's voice sounded and surprised her. The last thing she had expected was him to speak to her again, let alone so soon. She raised a dark brow at his statement but her hands and gaze did not falter. "I was not in any danger."

Softly she sighed and shook her head slightly. "Before I came here and saw you I would have said he's changed greatly since I first met him. I still believe he has just perhaps not as much as I had thought. I told you before I did not like this and I would say something to him if it came to it. I meant that. I understand if you don't believe me though." Ladybird paused for a few seconds as she tried to breathe deeply and keep from crying at the thoughts of her abusing his trust the day before resurfaced and danced in her ears.

"His direct doing or not, he has a responsibility to you! He wants to own and possess you, then he must take the blame for how you are mistreated. He cannot have it both ways. I would not see him own you or others like you if I could. The least I can do is make your life bearable and comfortable. How can I trust him to care for me and my baby if he cannot handle your care?"

Ladybird shook her head again and looked up at Ko'sah. "I do not expect you to understand. Frankly, I'm sure you despise me," she choked on her words and dropped her head. "I deserve that and more. I love him, he who has done this to you, in spite of everything that has happened. I want to try and right the wrongs he's made against you even though it is nowhere near enough of what you deserve. My only regret is that I cannot do more and I am so, so sorry." Her gaze lowered after her apology as she turned instead to stare at the soft yarn in her lap and wait for his rebuke. She never should have tried to befriend him. Instead she should have set him free. She still should set him free and yet she was too much of a coward to do so.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

The centaur stared at her, wide-eyed and tight-lipped as she apologized to him. It seemed so sincere and he desperately wanted to believe her, but what could she even do for him? Probably nothing, he thought.

"He did not seem pleased," he murmured, wincing at the mental image of the vampire that remained so vividly in his mind. It had always been incredibly unnerving to have his keeper look at him with such indifference. Ko'sah was convinced he was seen as a creature without any social needs, an animal kept locked away from the rest of the world. Sure he was fed and clean, but before Petal's visits had begun he'd had no companionship. Akakios's visits had been infrequent and impersonal, he was always spoken about and very rarely spoken to. Even the stable hands he had the most interaction with seemed more concerned about completing their chores than knowing more about him or telling him what happened in the world outside of his home.

The more he listened to her speak, though, the more guilty he felt about what he'd done to her gift. He was still wary of her attention because there was no way she would stay near forever, eventually they would return home and he would be alone again like nothing had ever happened. Her words did help him understand her sincerity, though. Even if she couldn't truly do anything about his situation he should have cherished more the fact that she did care enough to speak up about it and spend the time with him that she could.

"I don't think he trusts me enough to give me any more freedoms. I have abused trust in the past, tried to escape when I have been let out to the fields," he explained softly, hanging his head in guilt.

"So it is not exactly his fault that I am kept like this. It is the only way they know how to...control me," he ground out, a frustrated frown creasing his face. "I have tried everything I know to try to convince him to free me. I don't think he's interested in that at all, though. But that is not your fault, so... I'd rather not see you unhappy with him for my sake. I don't despise you for your choice of mate, but you have no obligation to right his wrongs either."

GoblinFae

"He usually isn't," she chuckled in response, shaking her head slightly as she recalled all the times she had butted heads with her husband. The smile faded though quickly for Ladybird did not feel it was the time or place for brevity when she was having such a serious conversation. She did not want her apology to seem any less sincere than it was.

Her brows knit together sternly as he continued speaking though. "You are not to blame in this! You should not defend him," she persisted heatedly, looking up at Ko'sah with a passionate expression. "You are not a beast to be controlled you are sentient. You speak. You feel. You," her voice cracked as she fought to continue, overcome with emotion as she was.

"Free things should be kept free!" she declared with a stamp of her foot. "My unhappiness towards him is not your doing though," she added more softly. "He knew my feelings on this matter when he married me. If not you it would be someone or something else we would disagree on. We have had this conversation before several times. I'm sure we will have it again in the future."

She sighed and waved her hand tiredly as if she could brush away the subject entirely. "I trust you even though I have lost yours. And I am sorry I can't do more. You deserve so much more and so much better. It may not be my fault who I married but I share responsibility now as his wife. If he will not right these wrongs then I will. One way or another."

Ladybird rubbed her swollen belly as she felt her unborn child kick inside. "You deserve so much more than I know how to give. But, things change now. You will be better cared for. You will be given more freedoms even if I cannot give you the ultimate freedom you deserve. Enough is enough."

The pregnant woman breathed heavily, her passionate words leaving her breathless for several moments. She struggled to calm herself even as she fidgeted on the bale of hay to get comfortable again. "You don't have to believe me but I will. I promise you that. And I will be speaking with Akakios. Kia help him because he is not going to like what I have to say for it is long overdue.

"That being said though...is there anything you would like that I can try to get you? I wish I could do more but...are you hurt? Have they been feeding you properly?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He watched her with wide eyes as she set out her passionate plan. The centaur was skeptical about her ability, but her words gave him a small glimmer of hope that he wanted so badly to believe in. Could she really make things any better for him? Did she have that kind of authority?

Ko'sah shook his head at her questions, not wanting her to worry about him when she had much more important things to give her attention to in his opinion. "No, they haven't hurt me at all. I think they are afraid of me actually, but... The food has been better, more vegetables than they usually give. Was that your doing?"

He offered her a small smile but deep down he felt ridiculous trying to have a conversation with her. His sad, pathetic existence didn't deserve him her favor, especially when he'd been mean and angry before. Did she not care? Did she blame it on his captivity?

He didn't deserve that kind of consideration, he'd lashed out and let emotions get the better of him. He could have hurt her, could have brought the wrath of the vampire down upon the whole household if he'd left. Hanging his head at that thought he stepped as close as his bonds would allow and reached a hand out to her in apology.

"I'm very sorry if I hurt you," he murmured, still feeling great shame for what he'd done the previous day. "I hope that you can forgive me, I...lost myself in a moment of weakness and I shouldn't have," he offered in explanation, feeling terrible guilt for lashing out at the one person who had shown him such kindness.

GoblinFae

She smiled softly at his response. It was a relief to her that they had not harmed him, and that they had been following her orders. Ladybird nodded her head affirmatively. "Yes, yes it was. I hope that's alright. If you'd like something else then you need only say. I wasn't sure what kinds of vegetables you'd prefer or even what's best for you. I found a few books but they're really not that informative. I can try and get some more but I'm sure you know better than I do what you like to eat and can or should eat. I hope that's alright and not...too much. I just want to help," she told him with a nervous furrow of her brow.

Her expression quickly brightened though as she hurried to assuage his concerns. "No, no, no! You didn't hurt me at all. Please you shouldn't apologize to me I'm the one that was wrong here, not you. You've been wronged in so many ways, by me and by others and I am so sorry, Ko'sah. You have every right to be angry with me and your situation. You have every right to feel frustrated and angry and hurt and want to take that out on the nearest person. I only made your situation worse. It is no kindness to "gift" you nice things and expect you to be all better for it when you are still caged. I'm sorry Ko'sah.

"One of the things that I think is very important that needs to change though is you need someone better to care for you. Someone who can treat you with the respect and kindness that you deserve. I can't care for you the way you need to be looked after. My state alone, prevents that if nothing else," she said with an apologetic smile as she waved at her swollen middle. "I have to talk to them still but, there's someone I think who shares a heart like mine, someone who if they're willing would be able to look after you with the same gentleness that I try to show you, someone I hope will fight for you when I am unable to. Because you deserve so much more than I can give and I'm going to do all that I can in my power to ensure you benefit as much as possible from what little good I can provide you."

Ladybird looked up at him then, her eyes full of hope and concern as she weakly smiled up at him. "If you need anything please, please try to trust me to get it for you if you ask. I wish I could do more but, I will do my best. I mean that. I mean everything I've told you, Ko'sah." She swallowed the lump in her throat before nodding her head once more and squaring her shoulders in determination. "I should head back but I will return again tomorrow, like always. Please don't forget you can ask me if you need anything or want anything. I mean it."

~~~
Days passed and Ladybird kept true to her word. Every day she returned to see Ko'sah. Every day she strove to do right by him. She would speak with him and treat him with the same kindness and attention that she had showed him from day one.

Behind the scenes Ladybird had other plans set in motion. It had taken some time but she had been able to locate the woman she had seen weeks ago in the fields training horses. The villagers knew her as Rosie and had been more than happy to share what they knew about her with Petal. The young woman was a quiet soul who mostly kept to herself. That being said Rosie had a way with the horses that even the most experienced trainers had yet to measure up to.

It had taken some convincing to meet with her and even more to get Rosie to agree to come to the manor to see the horses. In the end though, Ladybird succeeded for she was nothing if not a stubborn and persistent woman. So on a calm and sunny day, the lady of the house lead the slimmer and taller woman quietly into the stables. After following her normal routine of greeting each of the horses, she at last stopped before the Centaur's pen and gently introduced the pair.

"Ko'sah this is Rosie. Rosie, Ko'sah.  Aside from helping with the care of our horses here your main duties will be the care and treatment of Ko'sah. Our current hands are well and good with the horses but Ko'sah requires a more understanding and compassionate individual," Ladybird continued. "Ihope the two of you will find you can better get along than others have," she added with a slightly pleading look to the Centaur, silently begging him to trust her.

Rosie remained still and quiet through it all. There was a confidence in her posture that suggested she knew what she was doing but also a lack of tension in her shoulders that displayed her calmness. It was as if seeing a Centaur for the first time was nothing new or special to her. Her eyes though never raised above the top of the stall door. Not once did she look up at his face even as she slowly and gently approached his gate. Rosie stopped though just beyond where she imagined his reach to be. She had no desire to spook him nor provoke him. Behind her, Ladybird waited quietly, her eyes darting between the pair in nervous anticipation.

To her it was no different than approaching an unfamiliar horse. She dipped her head to him in silent greeting. Then, after a long pause, the woman slowly raised her hand, arm fully extended and palm facing open and open to him to see and judge his reaction. She meant no harm and if he recognized that then she would proceed with greeting and examining him. If he rejected her or displayed signs of aggression or skittishness then she would back off and approach him later until he became used to her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He'd wanted to protest against Petal's concerns about his care. He was alive, fed, and not suffering. It was really all he could ask for. The very idea of being cared for left him nervous as he reflected on it in his times of isolation. He did not want to become a pet, and he didn't even understand what could be done for his "care" that would not turn out that way eventually. Each day Petal's visits were met with growing enthusiasm, though.

Theirs was certainly an unconventional friendship but the centaur realized rather quickly that it was what they had and he was eager to hold onto it for however long it might last. He considered himself lucky for not driving her off before, but the small woman had definitely been persistent enough to break through to him. He was no longer skeptical of her motives, Petal was too kind and generous for deception. Just as it seemed they were settling into a routine, though, he was surprised to see she'd brought company.

Ko'sah had heard the newcomer before he saw her being so highly attuned to distinguishing people among the stables by their gait, the sound of her footsteps being foreign to him. The casual introduction left him staring down at the two women with a questioning tilt to his head. He did not recognize the reverence in Rosie's gestures, watching her curiously as she raised her hand to him.

Blue eyes darted between her outstretched palm and Petal face with apprehension and sadness. The centaur assumed the woman was a new stable hand by the description he'd heard about her duties and also incorrectly assumed she would be a slave in them as the others were. He had so many questions for the lady of the house that stood behind her but he saw no reason to be uncivil with Rosie in that moment.

Stepping closer to the door he reached over it to awkwardly pat at her hand, completely stumped as to how he should have actually returned the gesture. "Hello... I'm Ko'sah," he told her quietly, though his eyes quickly found Petal again in his nervousness once he realized he likely sounded a fool since she'd already introduced them. "Ko'sah of Brokenstone," he clarified, uncertain if she might have been familiar with his herd.

Tags: